Respect For Sin Cara

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It's being reported that Sin Cara legitimately separated his left shoulder last night during his match with Big E. The injury came as he was pulled off the apron and landed mostly along his rear shoulder, which they replayed several times on Raw last night.

Though injured, Sin Cara still continued with the match that included him using a number of high spots that caused him to land on the injured shoulder, at least to some degree, once again. It's always cool to see someone with that sort of work ethic fighting through pain of a legit injury in order to continue a match, especially if that someone isn't one of the top stars in the company.

The unfortunate aspect of this situation is that Sin Cara will be on the shelf for a while, there's no word on how long he'll be out or how serious the injury is, which derails the momentum the Lucha Dragons have been enjoying.

It's being reported that Sin Cara legitimately separated his left shoulder last night during his match with Big E. The injury came as he was pulled off the apron and landed mostly along his rear shoulder, which they replayed several times on Raw last night.

Though injured, Sin Cara still continued with the match that included him using a number of high spots that caused him to land on the injured shoulder, at least to some degree, once again. It's always cool to see someone with that sort of work ethic fighting through pain of a legit injury in order to continue a match, especially if that someone isn't one of the top stars in the company.

The unfortunate aspect of this situation is that Sin Cara will be on the shelf for a while, there's no word on how long he'll be out or how serious the injury is, which derails the momentum the Lucha Dragons have been enjoying.

Right man! The moment i saw that, i felt that was legit! Then i thought that maybe he is selling it! But i totally respect the guy! He chose to end the match even with a dislocated shoulder and still did some corkscrew aerial moves! He could have surely stopped the match as the match wasnot important enough! Although i have always liked Original Sincara and Kalisto,yet this guy earned my respect today! He also suffered Big Ending from Big E on the same shoulder! Injuries suck! I hope he is well soon!
2015=Year of Injuries! :shrug:

That's unfortunate, I respect all those guys for being on the road as much as they are and having to work through minor injuries. It's definitely a hats off to a guy that hoisted Big E on his shoulders for a rolling senton(was that after the injury, I can't recall?)

mad Probs, whether he was legit injured or not, that was a nasty bump.

I guess they will just continue with the Kalisto Rey Mysterio type push.

It did seem an odd move for Big E to make, no? I couldn't tell that Sin Cara had landed badly, yet it still looked like an unusual bump; something they would normally avoid doing to each other.

Big E's size alone causes him to often be clumsy and bring the possibility of injury for his victim, but this wasn't a clumsy move.....he intended to drag Cara by the legs and have him land flat outside the ring. It was odd to see.

Still, one has to admire these wrestlers and appreciate what they put their minds & bodies through just to provide entertainment for us.

So, hell yeah, some respect for Sin Cara is well in order.

Sin Cara is one tough SOB. If you remember, he was the same guy that was rumored to have beaten up Sheamus backstage, when the latter tried to insult him. Big E also said in an interview that Sin Cara is "deceptively strong" and a lot stronger than people realise. But wrestling with a dislocated shoulder is toughness of a whole other level. All the more respect to Sin Cara for continuing with the match rather than asking for the X. However, I wonder if that was a smart thing to do... by continuing with the match, he could have worsened his injury and delayed his recovery time. But people have different philosophies, I guess. Throwing in the towel is out of question for some.

Man that is cringe worthy. That takes a lot of guts and goes to show how much he gives to his job. I know that's what you are expected to do but if I dislocate a shoulder in anything I am going to think more about my health and the rest of my life than some match. Who knows how much worse his shoulder could of got if there was another rough bump. Fist bump to Sin Cara for continuing.

Bit sad that he will be out for a while now though. The Lucha Dragons had been on a bit of a role lately and really starting to blossom compared to most of last year. Hope he has a good, fast recovery.

Mucho respecto! How he was able to pull of a moonsault man.... Jeesh. Here's hoping Lucha Dragons / New Day / Usos get the rumored Wrestlemania rematch...

I was wondering why Big E. completely held back when he threw him into the side of the ring after that bump.

Damn though, dislocated shoulder is no joke. Tough bastard.

That did look like a rough landing and he did fall from quite high as well. Got to respect him for going on like that.

Mad props, but it's also stupid.

As much as the show much go on, you don't threaten ruining your entire arm to entertain people like me, Throw him in, hit a power spot, and pin the man, let him leave with just the separation, no nerve damage etc...

It's not worth it, especially on free TV to risk that.

Beyond fighting through a bad injury, I respect Jorge Arias for not disrespecting Luis Urive on social media.

Jorge's fans made plenty of references to Luis, but he thankfully hasn't jumped on that band wagon.

I hope he recovers soon.

Beyond fighting through a bad injury, I respect Jorge Arias for not disrespecting Luis Urive on social media.

Jorge's fans made plenty of references to Luis, but he thankfully hasn't jumped on that band wagon.

I hope he recovers soon.

Except that he did take a shot at Urive on Twitter.

What is this. ..injury 25 now ? Sin Cara once hurt his finger and got the ref to stop the match. This version of Sin Cara is probably not even the same guy. A Sin Cara version also hurt himself doing a pre match hand over hand off the ropes. If this is the same Sin Cara for his injuries than he's on the fast track to a short career.

2015=Year of Injuries! :shrug:

What was this year's deal? Down to the very last days, guys and gals have been going down left and right, with everything from the mundane to the lethal. Hopefully 2016 brings better fortunes.

My hat's off to Sin Cara. He did an admirable job considering the injury. Hopefully his dedication is rewarded. Hopefully WWE doesn't neglect Kalisto in his absence, and perhaps the loss of yet another team to injury will make room for an NXT call-up.

He's got my respect.

Not only did he separate his shoulder causing medics to check on him during the match (something I've not seen before). He went on to continue hitting his spots and having what I consider the MotN. It takes something extra in a man to do what he did that's for sure.

I hope he gets better soon and we see the Lucha Dragons get a run with the tag titles.

What is this. ..injury 25 now ? Sin Cara once hurt his finger and got the ref to stop the match. This version of Sin Cara is probably not even the same guy. A Sin Cara version also hurt himself doing a pre match hand over hand off the ropes. If this is the same Sin Cara for his injuries than he's on the fast track to a short career.

It's a different guy. Where have you been?

It's a different guy. Where have you been?

Oh, I just didn't really notice. Is this version Sin Cara part 3 ? How many Sin Cara's have their been ? I think they should make it a storyline. Sin Cara returns but suddenly he's 6"10 260 pounds. Says he's been working on his size while he was injured. ( Sin Cara played by Sid Vicious ).

Oh, I just didn't really notice. Is this version Sin Cara part 3 ? How many Sin Cara's have their been ? I think they should make it a storyline. Sin Cara returns but suddenly he's 6"10 260 pounds. Says he's been working on his size while he was injured. ( Sin Cara played by Sid Vicious ).

Sin%2BCara%2Bcon%2Bla%2Bm%25C3%25A1scara.jpg

It was a storyline. There was a blue one and a black one. Well, there were two blue ones, but then one started wearing black. The blue one was the original and the black one was the phony. The blue one beat the black one in a mask vs. mask match and the black one became Hunico and gangbanged with his holmes Camacho for a while. Then Camacho and the blue Sin Cara got fired, and now Hunico is Sin Cara again, except this time the blue one.

Somewhere in there one of them helped solve a Scooby-Doo mystery.

I still wonder why WWE hasn't just capitalized on a Sin Cara character in general and just pass it onto different Superstars as time goes on. Wouldn't kids in general be interested in buying Sin Cara merchandise big time if it was a masked Superstar being pushed?

I guess Kalisto now has a chance to have a solo run if WWE are interested in 'creating' the "next" Rey Mysterio.

I loved how the crowd showed concern for the injury by chanting "We wan't Cena!"/"No we don't!". I'm beginning to hate smark crowds, even though I consider myself a smark as well. Nevertheless, Sin Cara looked impressive even after he got injured. This RAW made the Lucha Dragons look more relevant than they have since coming up on the main roster.

I loved how the crowd showed concern for the injury by chanting "We wan't Cena!"/"No we don't!". I'm beginning to hate smark crowds, even though I consider myself a smark as well. Nevertheless, Sin Cara looked impressive even after he got injured. This RAW made the Lucha Dragons look more relevant than they have since coming up on the main roster.

There's no concern in wrestling, unless I see a Referee Cross the arms, I'm going to keep in kayfabe and heckle.

First of all, I want to say that I have respect for HuniCara for finishing the match. But I have to wonder about the long term affects. Keep in mind, Orton landed wrong once in a match against HHH and dislocated his shoulder, and ever since then every injury he's had has been on the shoulder. Sami Zayn just came back from a shoulder injury and already you can see a change in his style. So I have to give him credit, but also worry about how he'll recover.

Also, you kind of have to wonder if he would've done the same thing if he had been under a different gimmick. I mean, one of the most common gag within WWE related memes is "Botch Cara" which has been a stigma given to the character since the original portrayer of the gimmick. So I have to ask, could the desire to overcome that stigma have been lingering in on him to the point where he was more willing to further injure himself than complete the match?

It did seem an odd move for Big E to make, no? I couldn't tell that Sin Cara had landed badly, yet it still looked like an unusual bump; something they would normally avoid doing to each other.

Big E's size alone causes him to often be clumsy and bring the possibility of injury for his victim, but this wasn't a clumsy move.....he intended to drag Cara by the legs and have him land flat outside the ring. It was odd to see.

Still, one has to admire these wrestlers and appreciate what they put their minds & bodies through just to provide entertainment for us.

So, hell yeah, some respect for Sin Cara is well in order.

To be honest, I'm not so sure that was Big E's fault... Keep in mind that this is all coming from one person's spectating habits, but I've never really seen people take bumps where they try to land on their side, at least not since the mid-90s. If there is someone bumping like that, it's someone from the old days like a Ric Flair or a Jerry Lawler. Most people nowadays (as we've seen demonstrated on Tough Enough and Breaking Ground) try to land in a completely fluid motion on their back. Even during high risk moves, they still try to land the same way. For example, using another Sin Cara instance, at TLC when Kofi and Jey were under the ladder, Sin Cara did a dive and still landed flat on the ladder.

Maybe Big E held onto his leg too long to where Sin Cara couldn't land all the way, but I just don't know. I'm also not putting the blame on Sin Cara either, because falling from that high, at that angle, with that little cushion is easily one of the most difficult lands to take. I feel like this is something that just happened and it sucks royally. I really wish him a healthy recovery.

Flat back bump on the mats is reckless, using it on TV is possibly a waste. I read that they popped it back in so the worst thing that could have happened would be it popping back out. Any more damage caused likely would have happened dislocation or not

Props to Sin Hunico. As good as Mizteseze or whatever in ring but can speak English. And gives Kalisto the chance to develop and not have a spotlight on his flaws so early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back