Resident Evil: T-Virus or Las Plagas?

Chicago1989

Ain't it sleep first then eat?
Yes folks, the greatest viruses in video game history, the viruses that we would actually infect ourselves with to become these powerful, god-like monsters, the viruses that made Resident Evil what it is today, what made us fans.....

The T-Virus and Las Plagas have been the main viruses of the RE series since the beginning. Of course, you had the "Progenitor", "G-Virus", and "Uroboros" infections but it was the T-Virus and Las Plagas that caused the most damage to Umbrella and the RE world.

The T-Virus was Umbrella's main virus. They created many different kinds of "B.O.W.'s" and experiments using it and had the ability to mutate any living being into a horrible, deadly creature. The Hunters, Cerberus, Lickers, zombies, Crimson Heads, and the Tyrant all became creations from the T-Virus.

Las Plagas (The Plagues) is a more parasite-based infection. It makes their subjects more powerful, intelligent, and more resilient than T-Virus subjects. The parasites infect living organisms from inside and are able to control them through the brain. The "Ganados" and the "Majini" are also able to work, communicate, and hunt as a team. Las Plagas mutations aren't as severe as T-Virus', but subjects are able to become gigantic, powerful, and almost immune to damage.

My question to you is, which of the two viruses do you like the most and since these two viruses are symbolic of two different eras of Resident Evil, which one is better for you as a RE fan?

Well seeing as I've only played three Resident Evil games (Code Veroinica, 4 and 5) I don't really know that much about the T-virus and it's various different versions. Las Plagas makes the infected very intelligent as they can use weapons and work in groups, much like normal humans except their pyschotic and the various bosses are actually humans that are pretty smart with a lot more power. (Salazar, Saddler, Krauser, Irving, Excella etc) But the T-virus gave us Wesker who is the most badass character in the series, plus the T-virus was around longer and established as the main threat throughout the majority of the series so I'm going to side with that.

Well it's hard to outdo the T-Virus, as it's truly iconic and set the entire series' story in motion. The first RE game I played was #2, which I believe had the G-Virus, which was just a variation of the T-Virus. However, I still believe that RE 4 is easily the best game in the series, and that overall Las Plagas created more formidable foes and added much to the experience. So while there is much more history to the T-Virus, Las Plagas ended up in the best game, creating the best experience overall.

I prefered the T-virus, it was much cooler and the games it followed had way better stories (RE2). I just wish RE2 was remade with the same style of gameplay that RE4 was.

The T-virus was great in that it created a lot of unbelievably amazing monsters that shocked you when they would randomly show up throughout the game and was actually genetically created by humans and not found randomly and controlled by a Napoleon looking guy and then some other random evil boss that showed up after Napoleon was dead. However the zombies that were created by the T-virus were slow and easy to avoid and just plain boring to take down. Las Plagas created intelligent pseudo zombies that could communicate with each other, use weapons, haul ass, and blend in with thehuman race when they weren't being controlled or royally pissed over something. I love the lickers but the dogs in RE4/5 were unbelievably amazing and in some ways surpassed them. A few of the bosses created by Las Plagas were a bit forgettable such as the Village Priest and Napoleon when he mutated himself but all of the others were legit. Napoleon's right hand man was scary as hell when I first dealt with him and half the time I just ended up running from him completely than attempting to take him down without one of the legendary super weapons you get after completing the game. The "It" was hard enough to get past when you were trying to get through the maze alone and then the following fight was hard and fun to get through. While the fight against Napoleon was long and boring except for the visual greatness that occurred when his body would pop out of the flower thing. The absolute best thing about the games was Krauser, he was not only a Military badass but he was also the hardest thing to defeat in the whole game and his mutated arm was harder to defeat than any Tyrant that I fought in all of the other Resident Evil games and I have played all of the main ones including Code Veronica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back