Resident Evil 5 "Alternative Edition."

Spunky

Lovable degenerate.
Neoseeker.com said:
If you missed the news, Capcom is going to be putting out some new content for Resident Evil 5, subtitled in Japan as "Alternative Edition."

Fans can expect new story content (Chris is paired with series favourite Jill; Wesker is back and sporting demon eyes -- Capcom trickery, that), the setting for which appears to take the series back to its roots in many senses -- note the piano theme in the trailer is from the first game, and the story is set three years before RE5. As well, the PS3 version will receive support for Sony's "magic wand-y PS3 Motion Controller" (Capcom's words, not ours); 360 owners should know they're currently looking into any exclusive bonuses for you, too. As usual, no word on a PC release.

The company's Director of Communications Chris "Kramez" Kramer says the game's Versus DLC (despite what some say) was received positively enough -- as were Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and Marvel VS Capcom 2 -- that they're thinking about making the content digital over here, as the West is considerably more progressive in this department than Japan. As such, they want you to vote on their poll (check it at the source) -- box or DLC? Keep in mind all previous DLC would be included with a retail version, and if you're particularly freakish about the series, you could always import the Japanese box.

Now we're just left to wonder why they didn't do this for Super Street Fighter IV...

Oh, if you haven't caught the Alt. Edition trailer from TGS, it's directly below this line of text -- so convenient. Be sure to watch til the very end for a good laugh.

So from what I can gather it's going to fill in the gaps from Resident Rvil 5, You know Chris's flashback scenes.

It is being released as a full game, But the only thing I can see different is the extra content. Not worth the price of a full game if i'm being honest. It would be a good addition to it's poor DLC line up though.

I would definitly want the extra as a download as well as it being released on disc, As I wouldn't want to buy another fucking version of the game.

Discuss, To be DLC, Or not to be.

This should be DLC.

Resident Evil 5 was fantastic and I really hope they bring this out as a DLC because I dont really fancy paying £40 for an add-on. Although I suppose that depends on how big the alternative edition is going to be. Perhaps it will be like the directors cut of Resident Evil 1?? to be honest though if it does only come out on disk I'll probably buy it just to have it.

If Capcom release this at the same price as a full game, I won't be happy. However, it won't stop me from buying it on release day and playing it non-stop untill the credits roll. It's Resident Evil... so it's bound to be great. Resident Evil 5 is one of the best games in the series to date, and any extra exclusive gameplay thats related to Resident Evil is always welcome in my book. Plus, it will keep us all entertained untill the next game in the series arrives (not that I've heard anything about a RE6). Any idea of a release date for RE:AE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back