Report: Vince McMahon Not High On Daniel Bryan's Potential

It's looking as though the star Vince was referring to wasn't Daniel Bryan. Since that report came out, HBK has denied that Daniel Bryan was the wrestler Vince was talking about.

Michael took to Twitter last night and denied that Daniel Bryan was the wrestler in question. He was asked, via Twitter, if he would reveal he wrestler in question and he responded:

"No, but remarkably, he's 6'3" 250, I made my point. Please be careful, what you read/assume is likely inaccurate."

Michaels went onto say on Twitter than Vince McMahon was big on Daniel Bryan, so it appears as though the various sources suggesting that it was Bryan appear to be wrong, just feeding rumor mills to generate a buzz or Michaels himself is working everyone.

shawn shoots down the db rumors on twitter

"HBK shoots down rumor"

Shawn Michaels took to his Twitter to deny that claim, stating that Vince was big on Bryan and that the person he was referring to "is actually 6'3 250."

"That [Bryan] isn't even who we were talking about," Michaels wrote. "He's big on DB. Shame y'all let those folks work you like that... No, the guy is actually 6'3 250, ironically, y'all miss the same point he did. Amusing since everyone's knocking him."

When asked who he was referring to in the interview, Michaels replied, "I would have said if I thought relevant. Not DB tho."

This came from the Spotlight on facebook, the only guys who actually reported the truth behind this, and if Wrestlezone and other sites actually checked his twitter they would have been able to clarify this.

What bugs me is that none of these sites are actually being truthful about their findings, the evidence is there but they won't find it.

The WWE is behind Bryan 110% otherwise they wouldn't have given him this match against Orton who he has beaten in a match that should have favored the Viper.

Well again assuming if HBK isn't playing us, my arrow is aimed at either Curtis Axel or Damien Sandow. Both seem to be HHH's guys instead of Vince's guy.

I love how people think Daniel Bryan couldn't be a long term draw for the company, lets face it, Daniel Bryan is over right now, and possibly the most over guy in WWE right now. The thing about Daniel Bryan is in his short career in WWE he has held belts true, he has been world champion, true, but Daniel Bryan has finally learned a key piece and thats WWE is entertainment, Daniel Bryan has taken the Entertainment part incorporated it with his offensive style to get the crowd into it and that is why the top 4 most over guys in WWE are Daniel Bryan, Jericho, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler....Why isn't Cena in the top 4? simple John Cena hasn't changed in almost a decade, yes he can tout his fruity pebble colors, and yes I can buy my daughter all the John Cena stuff she wants for the kids, but he just can't get the crowd into his matches its the WCW effect with Hulk Hogan he had done the same crap for so long when he went to do the Hulkamania poses he'd get booed out the building, so when he goes for the 5 knuckle shuffle 70% of the crowd boos the other 30% cheer...
Daniel Bryan just needs to keep taking a page from vets like Jericho and HBK and Austin if you want to stay on top of the main event spot you have to adapt to your surroundings and the state of the WWE at the present time. Otherwise you are a Sheamus who has potential but gets stupid 1800 fella skits and is put on the preshow...

How does no one lose their fucking job? In any other journalistic profession, the person or persons who put out the initial report would be mocked to no end. Are we really such marks that we'll just eat the bullshit up, waiting eagerly for another spoonful, and not boycott reporters who do such lazy work? That's a rhetorical question. These crack journalists just reported a load of bullshit, and some random individual, presumably not getting paid to report information, simply asked HBK for clarification and got it. Grain of salt isn't enough anymore.

Like I said before, though, it was clearly contradictory to reports put out just a couple weeks ago, as well as what we're witnessing on television with Bryan's level of exposure. Like Alastor, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Michaels was talking about Curtis Axel, who is lighter than 250, but stands about 6'3" and is more deserving of question marks than Daniel Bryan.

I love how people think Daniel Bryan couldn't be a long term draw for the company, lets face it, Daniel Bryan is over right now, and possibly the most over guy in WWE right now. The thing about Daniel Bryan is in his short career in WWE he has held belts true, he has been world champion, true, but Daniel Bryan has finally learned a key piece and thats WWE is entertainment, Daniel Bryan has taken the Entertainment part incorporated it with his offensive style to get the crowd into it and that is why the top 4 most over guys in WWE are Daniel Bryan, Jericho, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler....Why isn't Cena in the top 4? simple John Cena hasn't changed in almost a decade, yes he can tout his fruity pebble colors, and yes I can buy my daughter all the John Cena stuff she wants for the kids, but he just can't get the crowd into his matches its the WCW effect with Hulk Hogan he had done the same crap for so long when he went to do the Hulkamania poses he'd get booed out the building, so when he goes for the 5 knuckle shuffle 70% of the crowd boos the other 30% cheer...
Daniel Bryan just needs to keep taking a page from vets like Jericho and HBK and Austin if you want to stay on top of the main event spot you have to adapt to your surroundings and the state of the WWE at the present time. Otherwise you are a Sheamus who has potential but gets stupid 1800 fella skits and is put on the preshow...

John Cena is the most over guy in the WWE. Booing is being over. Love or hate doesn't matter because people respond when he comes out. People need to quit letting personal feeling affect their opinions of Cena. A guy can't be the top merchandise seller and not be over.

As far as DB goes, as long as he gets a reaction he is over. I have no doubt that one day he will help carry the WWE. He has everything he needs. He has charisma and can carry people to great matches. His timing in the ring is impeccable. The future is extremely bring for DB.

Shawn has said he was just guesstimating at the height and weight, my guess is Cesaro is the guy they were talking about as his push has been very stop-start, as if Vince just can't convince himself to pull the trigger.

The other possibility is it's someone from NXT, namely Kassius Ohno.

How could Vince not be high on the potential of a man he had main event Raw and had Randy Orton put over, by submission? By turning face, Orton has only put two men over in that fashion: First, Alberto Del Rio last summer, and now, Daniel Bryan in a street fight. But no, the image of Daniel Bryan leading the crowd in Yes! chants as Raw went off the air How could Vince not be high on the potential of a man he had main event Raw and had Randy Orton put over, by submission? By turning face, Orton has only put two men over in that fashion: First, Alberto Del Rio last summer, and now, Daniel Bryan in a street fight. But no, the image of Daniel Bryan leading the crowd in Yes! chants as Raw went off the air definitely signals how little Vince thinks of him, and his potential.definitely signals how little Vince thinks of him, and his potential. Did Bryan/Orton draw incredible ratings? No. Does Vince put too much stock into ratings? Yes. But I doubt he'ld halt a push of a man who's been being pushed slowly into a true contender, not thrown together like last year simply for goof matches against Punk, for the WWE Championship.

And, as JackHammer said, HBK took to Twitter to dispell said rumors. As we know by now when it comes to wrestling pundits/journalists, they're wrong in their speculation/opinions/facts about 75% of the time. This site, PWTorch, and even the Wrestling Observer release statements as if they were factual, and wind up being wrong most of the time. Heck, the Wrestling Observer reported that Vince had decided against having the Rock win the title at the Royal Rumble, that WWE had given up on Dolph Ziggler last year, and that Chris Jericho wouldn't return again.

I'm not knocking the Wrestling Observer or these sites, the point is, they get things wrong. Look at ANY journalism site in the world, and you won't have to look far to see their screw-ups. In this case, it's a wrestling site, one Vince has admitted in the past that he reads. Generally, these sites rely on second-hand information in order to their facts: Information from previous writers who are still in touch with current ones, wrestlers themselves, or pure speculation. Their job is to keep the masses happyby creating rumors and controversy, not by printing truths. To get us talking, which this obviously has. They're much more National Enquirer then they are New York Times.

As for Bryan, yeah, his look could use some work. It screams 'comedy character', at times. And while I don't want him to return to the serious, Dean Malenko-esque personality he once had when he first signed with the company, the look itself was much more of a championship contender then the one he has now. But perhaps that's the point. Perhaps Daniel Bryan has exactly the unorthodox look that WWE wants to push to the top and give a short run with the belt. Unless he somehow fails a drug test, I expect him to win Money In The Bank, announce he's cashing in at Summerslam, and win or lose, he comes out with a renewed pus.

Now, about that facial hair....:)

As you lack the necessary attention span to master the concepts of capitalization or spelling, I will take your evaluation of intelligence with a large helping of salt.

Putting people on the card who are likely to sell the PPV is a basic, good idea for promoting not only the event, but everyone on the roster. When people bought a WrestleMania, they also bought a show that featured Ryback, Sheamus, and all the other potential stars of tomorrow. Why do you consider it more intelligent to not take advantage of guys like the Rock, Triple H, Lesnar, and the Undertaker while they're still healthy enough to wrestle occasionally, and use their time to promote cards that also featured, in prominent roles, future stars who have years left in the tank?

what?? because the fucking casual fans pay to see the fucking part time stars, they dont pay to see the full time stars.. after the part time stars leave? then what? those fans will also leave..

u are so fucking ignroant man. are u a wwe sheep who craves everything they give u, no matter how bad the product is?

what?? because the fucking casual fans pay to see the fucking part time stars, they dont pay to see the full time stars.. after the part time stars leave? then what? those fans will also leave..

u are so fucking ignroant man. are u a wwe sheep who craves everything they give u, no matter how bad the product is?
Why so angry...Wrestlemania is not meant to build stars and never has been. The WWE is smart to put the part timers in the spotlight at wrestlemania because it guarantees success. A spot on the Wrestlemania card is earned and not given.

Why so angry...Wrestlemania is not meant to build stars and never has been. The WWE is smart to put the part timers in the spotlight at wrestlemania because it guarantees success. A spot on the Wrestlemania card is earned and not given.

What the fuck? wrestlemania was what made john cena and batista stars.. remember wrestlemania 21 and wrestlemania 22 and 23? all to put over john cena..

how is wwe smart to put part timers in the spotlight? it does nothing in the long term. look at the current roster right now and compare it to before. huge gap in star power. that is wwe's fault for not putting people over when they should have. now they suffer the consequences.

a spot on the wm card is earned , i know that. do u think part timers earn that, LOL? u are so delusional. the people who work every fucking week of the year should get the main event of WM, but the people who work like 10 times a yaer get it? how does that make sense.. u contradicted urself, kid.

In Bryan's case I can see why Vince wouldn't WANT Bryan to be "money", he is basically the antithesis of everything Vince has ever believed and promoted. He isn't "big" in the age of big men, his push hasn't come as a result of Vince's efforts but because the fans simply love Bryan and he cannot take credit for "creating him" much like Punk as he and Bryan were the two most established indy stars before they signed with the E.

DB has had the most organic push since Austin, he got over using surprisingly simple words that got people into a persona that had been considered vanilla and "not money", they then ran with it, engaged the crowd and used that as a platform to say "now you gotta push me."

DB also fucks up Vince's vision of "sports entertainers" as he is clearly one of the top 3 wrestlers on the planet but is quickly becoming a top sports entertainer by wrestling... the one thing Vince doesn't want.

But Vince is in the position he has been in a few times before, he didn't like Austin particularly, didn't see money but was smart enough to let it play out and once it was working found the "hook", putting himself against Stone Cold and then the money rolled in. This time I doubt Vince would face Bryan, but it's clear there's gonna be some kind of match, either at Mania or earlier at Survivor Series for ownership of the WWE and I can see Bryan being a pivotal part of it.

But HBK says it's not DB... now that could be true, but remember that DB is one of HBK's students, so he's gonna defend him any chance he gets.

Axel sounds more likely and yes he is a Triple H guy, but Vince could be falling into the trap that cost him talent like Rick Rude back in the day, dismissing their lack of size as a lack of draw. Rude was the top heel in the biz and he let him walk cos he "didn't see money", when once the roid scandal hit and Bret and Shawn were on the rise, Rude would have absolutely drawn big facing them but Vince was still locked into Big Man love. There was no guarantee Rude would have worked, but the tools were there and had he beaten Warrior rather than Slaughter, even dropping the belt to Hogan, Warrior or Savage within a year - it would have drawn more than Hogan/Slaughter. While WM8 and 9 was sucky cos of big man syndrome, Rude was tearing up WCW. Rude in WWE in those 3 years, with Flair, Savage, Bret would have probably stopped guys like Razor and Nash departing for WCW, sure they wouldn't have had as many titles but by the time they were leaving for WCW in reality, they'd have been ready to step up and be the draws Vince wanted...

Being big is no guarantee tho, look at Vader - killer heel in WCW reduced to a crybaby by the time he left WWE - why? cos he wasn't a Vince creation, not cos he wouldn't draw... at the end of the day Vince wants credit for everything and for people to get over his way, look how he stalled Fandango once the fans started to "adopt him", he screeched the brakes on and I wouldn't be shocked if the concussion was either "convenient" for Vince or faked to get him off TV. Someone like Trips is clearly more happy for talent to develop organically, get over any which way they can as long as it's PG and give the time to run with it. It's why the Shield are working so well and why the most anticipated debut since Kurt Angle seems to be the Wyatts...

If it is Axel then I think it's more likely down to the "Well he's not Curt" argument, and no he isn't. If anything he's more like his gramps, but at the moment Axel is just starting out on that journey, Vince didn't see money in Austin, Eddie, Rey, Miz,Jericho, Punk, Bret, Triple H, Shawn or Cena at the same stage of their careers and all ended up beating Vince's expectations and headlined Wrestlemania.

I see this as a way to motivate someone, maybe Axel, maybe Sandow or Ziggler - to prove him wrong and kick the door open the way Austin, Bryan, Punk and Jericho did and at the end of the day, Vince will be gone sooner rather than later and once he is gone, he won't have any say you know that much is gonna be "part of the deal".

So can guys like Axel wait a year or so? sure they can, after all a long term draw is someone who is consistantly over for long periods, sells different types of merch for that whole period and can move up and down the card while still being a "name" that will draw fans. I think Vince may be more concerned with "Where is the next Rock or Cena coming from?" which is not the same thing but at the end of the day he has to work with the talent available, one of them has to be that guy as there is no WCW to steal from anymore...he has to give someone that "brass ring" that he's so fond of and why not Bryan? He's an "everyman" in a land of giants, a David beating Goliaths and as flawed as any human out there in terms of character... perfect for people to get behind as their "guy".

The name no one has mentioned, and one I think is very relevant - RVD... This sounds like a Trips hire to me, Vince probably insisted on a short deal to "test the waters" but I can see Trips pushing this one through over Vince's reservations, after all he did the exact same thing Austin and Bryan did only RVD fucked it up and embarrased Vince doing so...

Well it looks like this rumor is debunked but I will say my piece. Bryan is probably the best overall talent they have but chances are he isn't their biggest money maker and he may never will be. His size could be seen as detrimental to him becoming "the guy", history would say it is but truth be told physical stature doesn't seem to matter as much as it used to. Frankly if Bryan was gonna be the top guy the era he is in would probably be his best chance to do it in.

The only thing that could stop Bryan is his look but if he ever had a chance to overcome that it would be now. If I small guy can't draw big money in this day and age its not gonna happen.

Any possibility it could be Damien Sandow? He is the only "top star" That is close to the 6'3 250 lbs. Makes sense to me.

Damien sandow is a top star? LOL what? what does that make curtis axel? the face of the company? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

damien sandow is a mid carder who loses 75% of his matches and is not going to get a push any time soon. i would say the person vince is talking about is roman reigns

The thing about Daniel Bryan is in his short career in WWE he has held belts true, he has been world champion, true, but Daniel Bryan has finally learned a key piece and thats WWE is entertainment, Daniel Bryan has taken the Entertainment part incorporated it with his offensive style to get the crowd into it......

I think that is part of what's going to hurt Daniel Bryan/t in the long run as a long-term draw. When Daniel Bryan/t first arrived in the WWE, he was putting on pretty indy-riffic matches. Hell, it was his indy status that helped get him signed AND helped get him over with the fans initially (the whole hard-working indy darling FINALLY getting his big break after years on the Circuit was a great way to build an underdog babyface).

Now that he is in a more main-event picture, he has had to focus more on being an entertaining worker than being a technical one. Now I haven't seen his PPV matches as of late, but it seems to me that Daniel Bryan/t is so focused on entertaining in a match that he has gone down to a more limited move set than Cena (bring on the hate, but you know I'm right).

Seriously, about all I see in his matches now are YES! kicks, the surfboard stretch, and the YES! lock. My concern is that if DB doesn't come to a happy medium between only doing moves that get the YES! chant and showing off some of that technical skill that got him to the WWE in the first place, those YES! YES! YES! chants are going to turn into Zzzz! Zzzz! Zzzz! and he'll be back on the mid-card.

The fact that Vince is talking about DBryan on tv means he is not down on him. why he now mention him on multiple raws. the mcmahons are returning to tv. bryan has been chosen as one of the people he will work with if he stays on tv. with a potential change of raw gm. i think we will get plenty more d bryan this year.

why worry about the future. i am getting really excited for daniel bryan vs kane at survivor series!!! who will be the real weak link?

I haven't read a single post, so my apologies if any of this has already been written.

Can you blame Vince for this? What WWE Superstar, in history, with DB's build, has made Vince a shit ton of money? The answer is none of them. Vince is going with history, and he's probably smart to do so.

Hogan. Austin. The Rock. John Cena. Those are the biggest names in WWE history. Who sits behind them? Shawn Michaels (who Daniel Bryan can't touch), Bret Hart (maybe a better talker, if you take away 1997) and HHH. Those guys are still bigger, physically, than DB.

I love Daniel Bryan, but he's not a major draw, and never will be. Face it, live with it, accept it. Neither is CM Punk, while we're on the subject.

I'm not saying you must be a monstrous man to draw money (Austin wasn't a huge guy), but numbers don't lie. Historically, since wrestling has hit our cable television waves, smaller men don't pull in as much cash.

He's a great mid-card guy who's capable of moving up the card once per year, maybe twice. He'll be right back down in six months or a year. The IWC doesn't create long-term stars. However troubling that is to hear, it's the truth. Deal with it.

I think DB is the full package, his stint with Team Hell No showed his mic work and how great he is and we always knew what a ring technician he was this nw weak link thing is great I'm looking forward to a very powerful run to the title for Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back