Report: Destination America Cancelling TNA Programming Starting in September?

Statement from TNA Regarding IMPACT WRESTLING

It has come to our attention that several internet news sources have falsely attributed statements to TNA, its executives and broadcasting partner. These false statements constitute defamation and if necessary we will seek all legal remedies available to us.

Lucha Underground is already losing $20 million in production costs alone. A second season has yet to be announced. It was suppose to make an announcement of a second season last week and nothing came about. NOT GOOD.

GFW just signed Scott Steiner...:lmao::lmao:

Neither will see a decade.

All this is with TNA is just a rumor. Until I hear from both TNA and DA. That is how I will treat it. A rumor.

Lucha Underground knows they need to find a bigger network and a better, more cost-effective way to produce the show. They are already trying to get to a space where they can charge for tickets and help them generate more revenue to off-set the costs. The show is also produced in a unique fashion that can be classified as a true alternative to WWE. Lucha Underground is like a Superhero TV series like The Flash or Arrow. Producers even said they want it to be available on Netflix (like The Flash) and there is reason to believe they could get to that point down the road. If they do, that would be a HUGE deal for them and anyone who wants an alternative to WWE.

GFW is working with so many other indy companies that even if it makes some mistakes, like signing Scott Steiner, it can over come that as long as it doesn't make these old guys a focal point. GFW has to fight the long battle like TNA did in the early days but avoid making the executive mistakes and hiring old timers who don't really have their heart in it.

Personally, I maintain this is still best for the pro wrestling business. TNA's name is too damaged, in my opinion to keep going. I used to be a pretty big TNA fan. I used to praise it for having such good quality matches, less talk, more action and more interesting characters. But since the Dixie Carter/Hulk Hogan time, ever since then, I can't bring myself to watch it really. I would sometimes check out matches to see a few guys like Jeff Hardy, Bully Ray, AJ Styles, Abyss but even when TNA has been putting on these massive special shows with gimmick matches and huge stakes and championship matches, I just can't get into it any more. Obviously doesn't help that since it left Spike I can't watch it on my TV. But I don't care to.

I'd rather find Lucha Underground online because it's fresh, new and different.

The same thing happened when the rumors that Spike was going to cancel TNA came about last summer. Literally.

This statement is absolutely meaningless.

No they didn't. They made a statement for the record stating that the were in ongoing negotiations with spike when TMZ reported that Spike wasn't renewing their contract with TNA.

When it first started...

TNA Wrestling‘s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.

TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.

Next

F4WOnline has recently provided an update on the situation. The website reported that TNA has sent emails to all of its talent, which state that any rumors that Spike has canceled “Impact Wrestling” are false.

Next

TNA president Dixie Carter stated via Twitter that negotiations between her company and Spike TV regarding a new television deal are ongoing. "Negotiations with @SpikeTV are ongoing," Carter wrote. "Stay tuned and be sure to tune in this Thursday night for Ultimate X on #ImpactOnSpike!!

She did not once go on the record stating that news sources have falsely attributed statements to TNA and they did not threaten legal action for defamation.

while TNA isn't the best business wise...if this report is true, i dont think TNA is dead. now if they have issues finding another network, then the talks of tna dying could increase, BUT i won't say they're dead yet. if they can find a station, say for example WGN, then i think they would be alive and likely get higher ratings than they did on DA. part of D. America's problem is that not everyone has that station. if you have basic cable, you aren't watching Destination America, that's one reason why the ratings aren't like they were on Spike. i can't say TNA's dead until it's finally dead.

Nobody is going to give TNA a deal. Forget it, not happening, not there. The only way TNA gets viewed is either online, or if they go the PWS and Paragon route in buying the airtime themselves. PWS is getting about 300K viewers a week in 5-6 metro areas buying the airtime and selling ads themselves. They also have one more advantage: They control the content. Bryan Myers fka Curt Hawkins performed a barbed-wire match. No ring ropes, just barbed wire around the ring. TNA would be best advised to go the "Paygo" route. They could rebuild long term going that route.

As predicted by many, it seems like bad ol' Dave Meltzer pulled that report out of his a**... Except this time, it might be shoved back to his rear-end using a fat, erect, 12-inch lawsuit. I hope TNA sues sites like WZ and W-inc too, for their role in contributing to the defamation. Although they will most likely escape sanctions by apologising, deleting the posts and claiming that they only re-posted Meltzer's words, it would teach them a lesson not to pick on TNA in every other slow news day. Right now, they have zero proof to back up their claims. They were over-confident that TNA won't retaliate strongly, no matter what crap they post. TNA should take advantage of that and put them in their place.

As predicted by many, it seems like bad ol' Dave Meltzer pulled that report out of his a**... Except this time, it might be shoved back to his rear-end using a fat, erect, 12-inch lawsuit. I hope TNA sues sites like WZ and W-inc too, for their role in contributing to the defamation. Although they will most likely escape sanctions by apologising, deleting the posts and claiming that they only re-posted Meltzer's words, it would teach them a lesson not to pick on TNA in every other slow news day. Right now, they have zero proof to back up their claims. They were over-confident that TNA won't retaliate strongly, no matter what crap they post. TNA should take advantage of that and put them in their place.

lol they cant pay their wrestlers or their crew....you think they can pay for a lawyer?? lmao! what lawyer would waste his time with a case he will never be paid for. tna has a bad rep....

good riddance to this cancer.

What homegrown star has TNA ever had? Someone that the general public knows and has never been in ECW/WWE/WCW?

As far as this cancellation, I haven't watched wrestling in months but...

Yeah I probably wouldn't give a fuck about an Invasion angle.

Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Robert Roode, Eric Young are homegrown stars that were produced by TNA.

Lucha Underground knows they need to find a bigger network and a better, more cost-effective way to produce the show. They are already trying to get to a space where they can charge for tickets and help them generate more revenue to off-set the costs. The show is also produced in a unique fashion that can be classified as a true alternative to WWE. Lucha Underground is like a Superhero TV series like The Flash or Arrow. Producers even said they want it to be available on Netflix (like The Flash) and there is reason to believe they could get to that point down the road. If they do, that would be a HUGE deal for them and anyone who wants an alternative to WWE.

GFW is working with so many other indy companies that even if it makes some mistakes, like signing Scott Steiner, it can over come that as long as it doesn't make these old guys a focal point. GFW has to fight the long battle like TNA did in the early days but avoid making the executive mistakes and hiring old timers who don't really have their heart in it.

Personally, I maintain this is still best for the pro wrestling business. TNA's name is too damaged, in my opinion to keep going. I used to be a pretty big TNA fan. I used to praise it for having such good quality matches, less talk, more action and more interesting characters. But since the Dixie Carter/Hulk Hogan time, ever since then, I can't bring myself to watch it really. I would sometimes check out matches to see a few guys like Jeff Hardy, Bully Ray, AJ Styles, Abyss but even when TNA has been putting on these massive special shows with gimmick matches and huge stakes and championship matches, I just can't get into it any more. Obviously doesn't help that since it left Spike I can't watch it on my TV. But I don't care to.

I'd rather find Lucha Underground online because it's fresh, new and different.

That's all fine but it still does not hide the facts that:

1 - Lucha Underground has not announced a second season despite saying they would last week. I read that the Univision upfronts happened last week and no mention of Lucha Underground which airs on Unimas.

Second, now people at LU are saying HOPEFULLY, they'll have something about a second season in June. That does not seem like a 100% guarantee.

2 - GFW has announced everything but a TV deal and they are getting closer to taping their show. So, they either have no TV deal or these tapings will serve as a pilot reel for Jarrett to sell for networks. If that is the case, it could be 2016 when GFW actually lands on TV. If ever.

lol they cant pay their wrestlers or their crew....you think they can pay for a lawyer?? lmao! what lawyer would waste his time with a case he will never be paid for. tna has a bad rep....

good riddance to this cancer.
The type of lawyer that's hired on retainer, which is a part of being an international corporation. You seem to be thinking of the kind of lawyer you hire after someone rear-ends you in their car.

And, yes. You pay the lawyers first, the government second, and work your way on down the list from there.

Until this story is confirmed I won't be believing anything I read from a dirt sheet. I classify this as a rumor for now.

IF this is true I would be a sad panda :(

[YOUTUBE]MSzi8EXbXVA[/YOUTUBE]

Seems like this wasn't a true report, Metlzer is a butt hurt bitch if all this was a lie..I find it pathetic that anyone would believe Dave Meltzer over Bill Apter. Apter has always been fair. Dave is just a TNA hating dweeb. If this is true, then Meltzer could have a lawsuit coming for his ass, couldn't happen to a "nicer" guy.

The biggest issue here is that no one is denying this report. Destination America isn't defending their highest rated (inthink) program. TNA issued a statement that "false statements had been attributed to TNA and network executives." That's really going out of they way NOT to address the issue. Then there's a report that TNA will address talent at tapings IN A MONTH.

This isn't a random story. This is something that has been picked up beyond wrestling news and was trending on Facebook and Twitter. It's really a huge issue that the network hasn't defended them and that they can't seem to outright say "TNA has not been cancelled." That kind of leads me to believe that it may be true and that TNA is working a "we mutually agreed to part ways" type of statement. This isn't a report you don't address immediately. I see smoke...

as far as i know, to be facts, is DA cancelled the extra TNA content show hosted by i think mike tenay which to my understanding was just a show re hashing what had happened on IMPACT and showing promos ect...
this possibly lead to the rumors of IMPACT being cancelled which i don't buy into..why would they get rid of their biggest rated show? i keep reading that the numbers aren't where they want which leads me to the question..doesn't DA realize they're not available in a lot of markets? i don't have DA but my cable provider does provide their ON DEMAND which is how i get Impact.

why would they get rid of their biggest rated show?.

Um.... Spike did the exact same thing last year. Impact was Spike'd highest rated show. I mean, honestly, are we that ADD that we forgot the circumstances that got Impact on DA in the first place? And now, almost the exact same thing is happening to Impact, and we're supposed to believe TNA is being honest this time?

I mean, come on people. It's one thing to be a fan. It's really another to be naïve

It's really a huge issue that the network hasn't defended them and that they can't seem to outright say "TNA has not been cancelled."

They simply didn't consider it necessary. They cannot and should not issue statements every time a dirt-sheet writer reports something false about them. If they responded, only more people would come to know (that they allegedly make hasty decisions on cancelling shows over petty reasons and put them under the bus), people that don't read wrestling sites, which would not be beneficial for them. Their response (or lack thereof) was perfect. TNA's response was awesome too. Instead of being defensive, they went with the old school "talk shit and I'll kick your ass" approach.

Hiring a lawyer and threatening to sue is the first thing any company does when they want an individual with less money than they do to stop talking.

For translation, think of it like kicking out of a wrestler's finisher. It happens all the damn time, and means nothing towards how the match actually finishes, but people who should know better still get excited about it.

i love how NOTHING specific was addressed in TNAs response. people say untrue things on wrestling websites everyday. like this one. by people like you and me. seems like a lot of posturing and trying to look tough and firm like the spike cancellation rumors....which were true. people keep dissing meltzer who is a wrestling gossip/news "reporter" but TNA fans quickly forget the almost endless stream of lies and false hype dixie has put out. hypocrites. at least meltzer can be wrong because of his position but dixie flat out lies.
they have no case. the rumors are true. there are advertisers who have specificly asked not be aired during impact making it harder than originally thought to program it (source: MLW radio)

This is all a work and you clueless fucking idiots fell for it. TNA'S new creative already got you dumbasses discussing their product non stop. I fucking love it!

That fat prick Meltzer is about to get his dick stepped on. STEPPED ON VERY HARD....

There is one group that can stop all this right now, Destination America can make a comment either yaying or naying Meltzer's report. It wouldn't take them anytime at all, to issue a statement saying TNA will continue to be broadcast on their channel. Instead we have all this saber rattling going on, with threats of lawsuits trying to shut people up.

Even if the story isn't true, advertisers won't get behind a show that looks like it will be cancelled in three months time, so it's to DA's benefit to put these rumours to bed as soon as possible. The fact that they've said nothing, is telling in itself.

Also Dixie Carters threats of defamation lawsuits are ridiculous. These lawsuits are very hard to prove and can end up being a huge waste of money, as all you get back usually goes to the lawyers anyway. And this bullshit of talking to the talent after the June tapings, what is the woman waiting for? Does she not realize that her employees can read, and might be watching their jobs disappear? The moral at TNA right now must be the lowest it's been in years.

I never like to compare TNA and the WWE, but in this case Vince McMahon would have been out ahead of this, not sitting like an ostrich with it's head in the sand. This story true or not, has taken on a life of it's own, and Dixie Carter or DA has to start reigning it in.

Based on the reports of what's going on with Destination America, it's really simple to see what's happening. TNA costs X amount of dollars to produce, yet doesn't generate enough ad revenue to justify the cost. It's like if McDonald's started selling steak dinners and they sold pretty well, but the steak is expensive and they make more profit off the kangaroo meat burgers. If the memo is to believed, and I see no reason to deny it, then DestAm has already made their mind up that TNA isn't going to work on their channel. ROH wrestling will deliver the same ratings for them and it's already bankrolled by somebody else. I'm not sure what the specifics of the "DNA List" is, but perhaps TNA has a reputation with advertisers that ROH doesn't. My point is that "wrestling" might not be the issue advertisers have with the show, it could have more to do with the "Tits and Ass Wrestling" image that Dixie never shed.

TNA's roster is excellent. The talent they showcase are some of the best workers in the business. The company isn't portraying these performers in the best light and haven't for years. They will have other places to work if TNA folds, and even if they don't they may want to consider. Samoa Joe recently commented that he's glad he left the company, and he's someone TNA invested a lot in over the years. We'll see what happens but most fans already know what's next.

Wild, irresponsible speculation time.

1. TNA hired a firm for their TV negotiations. (this is fact).
2. So the consultants wrote up a pitch about why you want pro wrestling on your cable channel. Action, drama, storytelling, characters, etc. (Pitch was not centered around TNA talent--Styles, joe, Daneils, Kaz etc).
3. The pitch works. Desintation America is sold on having pro wrestling.
4. TNA and Dixie Carter alienate the DA executives within six months.
And/or
5. TNA on DA isn't working at the price DA has to pay for TNA.

So Da goes out and buys some cheap pro wrestling.

TNA executives should realise that this is a business and that your not here do make friends which is what Dixie has been trying to do since she took over from Jarrett. The fact is that Dave meltzer had proof that destination america was going to cancel the show and he called Dixie before publishing the news in the observer and he even gave them one week to confirm or denied this and they never called him back. If TNA were to sued him for that they would lose base on the fact that he has physical proof that what he reported was accurate.

Anyway, I feeling like we are reliving the same scenario that we live through last year when Dixie was lying her a$$ off about the state of TNA and how spike wanted to cancel them and about the fact that Russo was working for them.

And before I get hated comment from TNA fanatics, I do love the TNA product and I don't want to see these guys lose their job but let face it, the main problem in TNA is management and the fact that they love to hide certain information to the wrestlers about the state of the company. TNA shouldn't be happy about roh being on the same night as them, they should be mad because that timeslot should have been for them to put more programming instead of giving the competition to replace you because let face it, roh is a cheaper product and if they are able to get good if not better ratings then TNA, then destination america could cancel TNA and add new roh programming instead and that won't be good for TNA or their fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back