Report: Dave Meltzer Reports CM Punk Expected To Return Tomorrow Night

JoeFromTomsRiver

Championship Contender
Now Dave Meltzer is reporting, but he isn't "100%" sure, that Punk will be at RAW tomorrow night. Meltzer's source is "one of the biggest stars in the company", and the SOURCE is 100% certain that Punk will be there.

I don't buy it, and if Punk isn't there, Meltzer should stop using sources who are obviously working him w/ the goal of fucking with the IWC.

A report just surfaced at wrestlinginc.com, originally from Meltzer's F4WOnline.com. Meltzer states that he won't say for 100% certainty that Punk will be at the show, but that his source states that "one of the biggest stars in the industry," said that it's 100% certain.

So, take that for what it's worth. As with most reports, it's one of these "I'll have to see it before I believe it" deals and Meltzer's accuracy has been very hit & miss over the course of the past 6 months.

If this is true and CM Punk does return on RAW tomorrow then all the reports of him walking-out etc were BS.

Punk probably just wanted to time-off and dirtsheets being dirtsheets made up the BS that CM Punk "walked-out".

Hopefully he does come back. He will get the biggest pop in history if he does. But the second he shows up, it's the second he has to explain why he's been gone. I don't want to believe Punk just "walked out" and "turned his back on the fans" and hopefully we get answers tomorrow night

You see regardless of whether it's a work or not. This will be a must watch Raw. People want to see whether Punk turns up or not and WWE and Punk being quiet on the matter has led to people's imaginations running wild playing out different scenarios.

If Punk turns up we know that he didn't walk out and probably just needed time to rest up and it shows WWE has semblance of knowing what they're doing . If he doesn't then the saga on why he left continues and people will continue to try and find out why by watching Raw (or checking the dirt sheets) to see if any news comes out.

Let's just play along and say he does come back. What then? What does he do at mania? Does he somehow get into the title match, and if so, how? Does he get involved with Triple H? That's Daniel Bryan's spot. A tag match where he teams with Bryan against Triple H and Shawn Michaels? Michaels is just minutes away from the Allstate Arena today (as is Chris Jericho) at some World of Wheels convention. He could easily show up on Raw tomorrow. So if Punk does come back what do you want from him?

I'd like to see a DX reunion (Triple H & Shawn Michaels) vs. CM Punk & Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania...would be a classic...HBK kicked Punk and cost Bryan the WWE Title at Hell in a Cell, HHH and the Authority has messed with both Bryan and Punk, so why not a Tag Match? I would close the show with this match then Batista vs Orton IMO, but it's highly unlikely that HBK ever returns to the ring.

I personally stopped caring. I mean, even if he did come back, I don't see him signing another deal after his current one expires in June. So, what's going to happen with him if he returns? He'll likely lose any high profile match he's in up through Payback. Whether he goes against Triple H or gets put in the WHC Match at Mania, he'd lose. Then he'd probably put over Bray Wyatt and that would be the end.

Now if he signed a new deal, then that's a whole different story. We could see him come back and turn heel on Bryan, there's a million ways they could go really. But if he comes back with less than 3 months remaining on his deal, I can't say I believe anything very interesting will be done with him.

Let's just play along and say he does come back. What then? What does he do at mania? Does he somehow get into the title match, and if so, how? Does he get involved with Triple H? That's Daniel Bryan's spot. A tag match where he teams with Bryan against Triple H and Shawn Michaels? Michaels is just minutes away from the Allstate Arena today (as is Chris Jericho) at some World of Wheels convention. He could easily show up on Raw tomorrow. So if Punk does come back what do you want from him?

I'm inclined to say he gets involved in the title match.

Daniel Bryan versus Triple H seems like it's a lock now, since last week. Regardless of the build that took place between Punk and HHH between December and the Royal Rumble PPV I don't see that being reignited. Meanwhile, we've got a heel versus heel championship match which supposedly is penciled in as 'Randy Orton versus Batista versus ?' - if it's not going to be Daniel Bryan in that spot, then sticking CM Punk in the picture is a pretty easy way to make sure that the crowd don't detract from the spectacle that is the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania. It's easy to enough to book Punk into the picture after Batista's promo on Smackdown - there is no bigger hero to that Chicago crowd than CM Punk, and from the perspective of every other person watching on television the reception that Punk would get in Chicago would instantly make us feel as if he was worthy of being a part of that match. The slightly more difficult part is just actually finding a way for him to 'cement' a spot in the match without him going over Batista or Orton in the meantime, but I'm sure it can be done.

Either way, if he does show up tomorrow night it's going to be one of the most memorable moments in this 'era' of WWE, and this rumour makes Raw unmissable.

Every single site will have a "story" quoting "sources" in the next 24 hours. This is quite probably because Vince wants the story out there to guarantee ratings regardless of whether he shows up or not.

To be honest I think the Batista, Orton + 1 stuff a day or two almost confirmed Punk would be back which is a little poor for Bryan but I can see Punk winning the title tomorrow on RAW in a shock and then dropping to Bryan the night after Mania and perhaps THEN taking time off.

Or he could come back and retire for his home crowd, drop another pipe bomb or anything in between... They could even still go with the Barrett "I have some bad news" moment... but after a week or so of no one really talking about WWE the way they were a few weeks back Vince probably has realised he needs the boost...

IF the negotiation period for the TV is anywhere in the next week, that would also be why they want the big rating...

Probably just throwing this story out there so that the fans will not "hijack" the show tomorrow. I will take this the same way i take Sting in WWE; i will believe it when i see it.

I'm inclined to say he gets involved in the title match.

Daniel Bryan versus Triple H seems like it's a lock now, since last week. Regardless of the build that took place between Punk and HHH between December and the Royal Rumble PPV I don't see that being reignited. Meanwhile, we've got a heel versus heel championship match which supposedly is penciled in as 'Randy Orton versus Batista versus ?' - if it's not going to be Daniel Bryan in that spot, then sticking CM Punk in the picture is a pretty easy way to make sure that the crowd don't detract from the spectacle that is the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania. It's easy to enough to book Punk into the picture after Batista's promo on Smackdown - there is no bigger hero to that Chicago crowd than CM Punk, and from the perspective of every other person watching on television the reception that Punk would get in Chicago would instantly make us feel as if he was worthy of being a part of that match. The slightly more difficult part is just actually finding a way for him to 'cement' a spot in the match without him going over Batista or Orton in the meantime, but I'm sure it can be done.

Either way, if he does show up tomorrow night it's going to be one of the most memorable moments in this 'era' of WWE, and this rumour makes Raw unmissable.

This could work. All Punk has to do is come out and tell Batista, "I'm one of those heroes. I represent the voice of the voiceless and I, as well as the fans are tired of the part-timers main eventing WM" <---ok it's a stupid, corny line LOL but you get my point.

I'd take this rumour with a grain of salt. First of all, who is "the top star in the industry" and why would he tell Dave, of all people? For all we know, the top star could've ended the conversation with "Woo Woo Woo, You Know it!"

Another problem is, what reason does Punk have for his absence? Was he selling that table spot to Kane back at the Rumble? Wouldn't it make more sense for him to fight Kane? If he won't fight HHH, why would he fight Kane? I could come up with many questions but I think it's best to watch Raw tomorrow and find out.

Punk is my favorite wrestler, I would love him to come back but to be put in the main event with orton and batista just doesn't work for me.... No one I mean no one deserves to leave New Orleans champ more than bryan. Contracts or deals or not bryan should leave New Orleans as champ. So I am still in hope that hhh vs punk would happen and bryan would be added in the title match.

Batista is in the ring blabbering on about how Dolph Ziggler stepped up and tried to be a hero but he failed and he talks about how no one can beat him. He will just continue to destroy our heroes, etc, etc.

Orton comes out being bland as usual and the crowd complete destroys them both.

*Cult of Personality hits*

Punk comes back to a screaming crowd, they're so over the top that he is stunned and can't even speak. So he stands at the top of the ramp and soaks it in and just strokes his beard as he gives a smirk. Punk gestures the crowd to calm down as he begins sit down Indian style.

Punk starts saying that he was screwed out of his chance at winning the RR and going on to face Orton at the PPV. He starts getting personal about how once again some part time movie star shows up and magically destroys his chances of main eventing Wrestlemania.

The crowd goes wild again.

Punk starts talking about the Authority and how Orton has been a kiss ass and nothing more, stealing thunder away from superstars who actually deserve to hold that title such as, Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, and everyone's favourite Daniel Bryan.

The crowd starts chanting yes as Punk lets to do it without speaking for a few seconds. He gets up to his feet and starts walking down the ramp.

He tells Batista that he's not afraid of him and he'll be the hero tonight and kick his ass.

Batista gets on the microphone and starts laughing, then saying that they can do it right now.

The crowd goes wild again but BOOOOOOM!

Kane comes out and he down talks Punk but Punk fires back at him(no pun intended).

Punk says that he just remembered who was the one who eliminated him and he tells him that he owes him an as whipping as he runs up the ramp and starts assaulting Kane.

Orton starts coming down the ramp and he attacks Punk from behind but Punk gets up and he starts going back and forth with Orton. Kane gets up and he starts getting the best of Punk as he and Orton both are beating him down but out comes Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan starts helping punk as he attacks Kane and then CM Punks starts striking Orton and they go back and forth.

It is absolute chaos. Security comes out to get them off of Orton and Kane.

Orton gets up and he is furious.

We cut from a commercial and Kane & Orton are backstage arguing with Brad, Hunter, and Stephanie.

Stephanie tells them to calm down and realize who they're talking to. Hunter starts saying if Punk wants to fight then he'll get a fight. As it will be Orton & Kane vs. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in the main event of the night.

The match is close and out comes HHH at the top of the ramp, he is trying to distract Bryan but he ignores him even after he gets closer to the match. Bryan tags in punk and he runs to clothesline Orton off the apron and Orton hits HHH; Bryan runs to the ropes and he does a suicide dive out side to attack HHH and he begins punching him.

Punk starts attacking Kane then he does his come back combo and he hits the GTS on kane to win the match.

But after he wins Batista's music plays and he comes running to the ring and he starts going back and forth with Punk and he cheap shots him and tries to do the Batista bomb on him but Punk reverses it then he does his kicking combo on him and hits the GTS.

The crowd goes nuts and Stephanie comes out to say that next week we're going to have a blockbuster match it will be Batista v. CM Punk in a no DQ match.

The crowd gets even crazier as Punk is smirking and he goes into the crowd almost similar to MiTB 2011 to celebrate with the fans.

But Stephanie tells him, if he loses then he will be fired.

Next week Vince is on the show and he questions Stephanie's decision. He says let's make it even better, if Punk can beat the number 1 contender then he will be inserted into the WM main event.

It's a good back and forth match obviously there's interference from Kane, Orton, and HHH but Dolph Ziggler comes out only to get beaten down, then out of the crowd comes daniel bryan with a chair straight to the back of Kane, then he does his running knee on Orton, next he turns his attention to HHH once again. This will lead to HHH accepting Daniel Bryans challenge at WM.

Punk beats Batista to make it a triple threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight title at WM.

For starters, I'd like to let it be known I would LOVE for CM Punk to return tomorrow night. What a spectacle that will be. But like others here, I'll hold my breath on that one and believe it when I see it.

But I really hope the Chicago crowd don't mess with the other matches on the card too much. Sure, CM Punk chanting is great, and it's gonna happen. But the longer the show goes without Punk showing, the more heat whoever is in the ring will get, regardless of who you are (Daniel Bryan is probably the only one who'd get a pass). They're going to get treated to the Wyatts Vs Shield 2, and I hope it's remembered as another classic, rather than another match that gets pooped on because Punk isn't there yet.

What on earth they'd do with Punk between now and WM30 is another thing up for discussion. We all pretty much know it's main event or bust for Phil Brooks the man at this point in his career. Okay, WWE get him in the main event. He wins the title. But who will the crowd be cheering for? We all know who, and he's probably not going to be in the main event. I just don't see it.... but throwing logic out the window, I would mark the hell out if Punk came back at this next Raw.

For starters, I'd like to let it be known I would LOVE for CM Punk to return tomorrow night. What a spectacle that will be. But like others here, I'll hold my breath on that one and believe it when I see it.

But I really hope the Chicago crowd don't mess with the other matches on the card too much. Sure, CM Punk chanting is great, and it's gonna happen. But the longer the show goes without Punk showing, the more heat whoever is in the ring will get, regardless of who you are (Daniel Bryan is probably the only one who'd get a pass). They're going to get treated to the Wyatts Vs Shield 2, and I hope it's remembered as another classic, rather than another match that gets pooped on because Punk isn't there yet.

What on earth they'd do with Punk between now and WM30 is another thing up for discussion. We all pretty much know it's main event or bust for Phil Brooks the man at this point in his career. Okay, WWE get him in the main event. He wins the title. But who will the crowd be cheering for? We all know who, and he's probably not going to be in the main event. I just don't see it.... but throwing logic out the window, I would mark the hell out if Punk came back at this next Raw.

That's why you have the whole Punk thing happen to open the show and end the show.

Give the fans what they want right off the bat.

That's why you have the whole Punk thing happen to open the show and end the show.

Give the fans what they want right off the bat.

It's probably a given that Punk won't be appearing all if he's not in the opening segment, unless WWE don't give a damn about the crowd hijacking every other match.

It's probably a given that Punk won't be appearing all if he's not in the opening segment, unless WWE don't give a damn about the crowd hijacking every other match.

I hope Vince has been kissing a lot of ass because if he doesn't get Punk back then he'll regret it.

That crowd is going to eat like a T-Rex that has been awakened from the dead.

I might even have to bring out the VCR just to tape this edition of Raw Monday Night Stand.

It just says he'll be AT Raw, not that he'll be on Raw, which means he just be going to meet with Vince & Co. backstage to work out some issues face to face.

I honestly don't know what they do with Punk for WM here, he supposedly doesn't want to face Triple H because "he doesn't consider that a big match at WM", Taker & Brock are busy with eachother, & they're about the only two guys that are arguably bigger than Triple H when it comes to opponents for WM. the only option left then really would be to insert him in the WWEWHC match with Batista & Orton, but by doing that & not inserting Bryan into that match instead you're robbing everyone of positionally one of the most epic WM moments ever, by having Bryan win (which if they go the route of having him have to beat Triple H earlier in the night to get into the match only makes it more epic). I suppose you could add both Bryan & Punk, but than the ME just feels crowded to me, & then what, do they make it a fatal 4-way elimination match like they did with the WM16 ME?

This is where having the WWE & WHC separate could benefit WWE, they could've had Punk win the WHC from Cena or whomever, & going to to WM with it, given him the ME slot by having Batista challenge him for that belt, & Bryan going after the WWE champion & winning at Mania, hell they could've even had a moment similar to how WMXX closed out with both champions in the ring holding the title above their heads celebrating as confetti flies everywhere.

Hopefully he does come back. He will get the biggest pop in history if he does. But the second he shows up, it's the second he has to explain why he's been gone. I don't want to believe Punk just "walked out" and "turned his back on the fans" and hopefully we get answers tomorrow night

I'm not getting my hopes up that Punk will be at Raw until Punk actually comes out the curtain, but I'll play along with this...

If Punk shows up, he doesn't actually have to explain anything. Whether the walkout is real or staged is irrelevant because CM Punk's character had a legitimate reason to leave television for the past month. He had been a bit paranoid in November and December that The Authority had it out for him - and that paranoia was confirmed at the Royal Rumble when Kane interfered and eliminated him. So the character can simply that he left because he was sick of being screwed by The Authority. Is it the best explanation? Probably not, but it would explain things regardless of how close it was to the actual truth.

As for what a Punk return would do to the main event at WrestleMania - I can't say for sure. If you're of the mindset that Punk walked out because he wouldn't be headlining WrestleMania - and thus would only return because he got that opportunity - then a fatal 4-way for the WWE Title between Orton/Batista/Punk/Bryan is possible. The reason I don't like this idea is because I fear the match would have the potential to stink up the joint - not because Orton/Punk/Bryan aren't three of the most talented wrestlers on the planet, but - because I still have memories of the WrestleMania 2000 main event that seriously stunk up the joint! (Note: Coincidentally, this train wreck WrestleMania event was actually announced at a Raw in Chicago...) This solution would also leave just 5 weeks to find a suitable opponent for Triple H, who - love him or hate him - will be in a high-profile match somewhere on the card.

Personally, I've never believed that this story was about Punk not being in the main event at WrestleMania. Punk had to see the writing on the wall months ago when it became apparent that Batista was returning and that either Cena or Orton would head into 'Mania with the title. Additionally, with Daniel Bryan's popularity sky-rocketing, there was just no chance Punk was going to main event 'Mania. Why then did it take until the end of January for him to leave?

My thought has always been that the RR crowd made the WWE realize that a Bryan/Sheamus match at 'Mania wasn't big enough for Bryan's rising star, and as such, they gave Punk's proposed match with Triple H to Bryan. I can see how that would piss off Punk - especially since a more logical solution after the Rumble was to figure a way to do a 3-way dance with Batista/Orton/Bryan. Because of that, I do believe a Punk return would call for that scenario. Bryan would be moved into the WWE Title match while Punk would be re-inserted into his originally proposed match with Triple H.

I understand why so many would hear this news and predict that Punk will be inserted into the WWE Title match with Batista and Orton while Bryan would be left to wrestle Triple H. It would be the easiest solution since Bryan and Triple H have been teasing a WrestleMania showdown since the night after the Royal Rumble. My concern with that, though, is that simply inserting Punk into the main event won't be enough to satisfy the disgruntled fans - in fact, anything short of Daniel Bryan holding up the WWE Title to end WrestleMania probably wouldn't be enough. As popular as Punk is with the crowd, there's a risk that even he could be booed for simply not being Daniel Bryan. That's why I'd run with the originally-proposed match between Triple H and Punk and move Bryan into the WWE Title match.

All this said, I'm very excited about the possibility of Punk showing up tomorrow on Raw. If it does happen, it has a chance to top all the major WWE moments that have occurred at the Rosemont Horizon over the past 30 years. These moments include the Austin/Hart I Quit Match at WrestleMania 13; Jericho's WWE debut; The Rock/Hogan showdown that led to their WrestleMania 18 match; the Punk/Cena match at MITB 2011. Call me a Punk fanboy if you want for saying that, but I do believe the Chicago crowd desperately wants Punk to be there - is prepared to revolt if he isn't there - and would absolutely explode if he was there. Than in itself would make the moment truly unforgettable if his music hit and he came out from behind the curtain.

It just says he'll be AT Raw, not that he'll be on Raw, which means he just be going to meet with Vince & Co. backstage to work out some issues face to face.

I honestly don't know what they do with Punk for WM here, he supposedly doesn't want to face Triple H because "he doesn't consider that a big match at WM", Taker & Brock are busy with eachother, & they're about the only two guys that are arguably bigger than Triple H when it comes to opponents for WM. the only option left then really would be to insert him in the WWEWHC match with Batista & Orton, but by doing that & not inserting Bryan into that match instead you're robbing everyone of positionally one of the most epic WM moments ever, by having Bryan win (which if they go the route of having him have to beat Triple H earlier in the night to get into the match only makes it more epic). I suppose you could add both Bryan & Punk, but than the ME just feels crowded to me, & then what, do they make it a fatal 4-way elimination match like they did with the WM16 ME?

This is where having the WWE & WHC separate could benefit WWE, they could've had Punk win the WHC from Cena or whomever, & going to to WM with it, given him the ME slot by having Batista challenge him for that belt, & Bryan going after the WWE champion & winning at Mania, hell they could've even had a moment similar to how WMXX closed out with both champions in the ring holding the title above their heads celebrating as confetti flies everywhere.

I realise the IWC would literally cream their underwear if that happened, but it won't, for various reasons even if Punk is AT Raw tomorrow night, which is highly unlikely IMO.

Either someone is starting this rumor to get fans even more worked up at the arena, and make them expect CM Punk rather than aimlessly dreaming it'd happen, or yeah, he returns.

It'd be pretty simple for him to come back and say why. He could literally say yeah he was tired from putting his body on the line every single week and then getting nothing in return. So he took time off. And then he could say after seeing what the Authority has done with Bryan and screwing him over again, he decided he needed to come back and personally let Triple-H how he feels. Then they have their match. And not even mention Daniel Bryan, just go right to Triple-H. Something along those lines.

It's not the next big storyline or anything, but it's a way to cover up a guy almost quitting the company behind the scenes.

The latest from F4WOnline.com states that, at least according to Meltzer, that the plan will be for CM Punk to either replace Daniel Bryan in a match against Triple H or he'll wind up as part of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match. Meltzer further states that his source didn't give the impression that Punk would be signing another contract when his current one runs out in July. As a result of this, again according to what Meltzer's reporting, IF Punk is in that match and doesn't win the title, then he's probably gone when his contract is up.

As a few have already mentioned, either way, this will make tomorrow's Raw extremely interesting. People will be watching the TV wondering exactly when/if/what segment Punk will appear. IF he does pop up, then it'll at least SEEM like WWE played the IWC like a banjo...again. Or, at the very least, it'll become as debated as to whether or not Punk's "Pipe Bomb" promo of 2011 was a work or not. Punk or Bryan in the title match at WrestleMania is the only means of salvaging the title match and to keep fans from hijacking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back