Repackaging the Nexus

ctln4rko

Pre-Show Stalwart
Short and sweet, how would you repackage the Nexus members. Every one besides Barrett, Punk, and Jackson.
Old and New Nexus, BTW.
[youtube]d_cxTzPtuD0[/youtube]
This shows Husky, he is already nicely redone.
But your thoughts on the rest?
Otunga, Slater, Gabriel, mcGuillicutty, Sheffield, Tarver, Mason Ryan

Well, Barrett, Slater, and Gabriel are in Corre now. That is their "repackaging".

I would get rid of Tarver.

Turn Sheffield face and keep his character from NXT.

I would keep Slater and Gabriel a tag team. They work well together.

Otunga is a good lackey, so it wouldn't hurt to have him following someone around like A-Ry does.

McGuillicutty... should be renamed Hennig.

And Mason Ryan would be booked like the next Batista. It's a cliche, I know.

As far as Husky goes...FCW gimmicks usually dont stick. Its a way for them to try out new things. I think he needs to use his real name and use his dads name like Ted DiBiase did to get over better. He was already over with the fans as Husky Harris but that name was dumb.

Here is what i think for the rest...

DAVID OTUNGA- Use the whole "hollywood" aspect with him. Make him...not so much a carbon copy of MNM with the entrance, but he's called A-List yet NOTHING proves that.

MCGULLICUTTY- Same as Husky Harris. Drop the lame name and use his REAL name. We all know who he is. Again, dont make it a carbon copy of something, but make him Mr. Perfect2.0

In fact you could take him, Husky, Rhodes (maybe since he is starting to pick up steam), both DiBiase brothers, and some other 2nd or 3rd generation stars and make the long rumored FORTUNATE SONS stable.

GABRIEL- I like the high-flyer gimmick he COULD have. I could see some great matches between him or Bourne, Mysterio, or Sin Cara. High-flyers dont really have a gimmick (NO AirBourne is NOT a gimmick)

SLATER- I got nothing. To me he doesn't seem marketable.

SHEFFIELD & TARVER- Im combining them because I think they would make a great powerhouse tag team. Its really hard to say what type of gimmick I would give each of them because i really haven't seen much from them. They were gone too quickly.

MASON RYAN- This hard because like I said above, I haven't seen much out of him either.

Otunga-I would repackage him as a manager. He is still green in the ring. Give him some time on Superstars to wrestle, and use him as a talker. Because he isn't bad on the mic. Maybe place him with Mason Ryan.

Gabriel-hmm...I would not really repackage him in the way of in ring work. But would give him some sort of gimmick to get over. I don't know, but maybe a play off of the name Gabriel. Make him a fallen angel, make him a little darker.

Slater-I honestly am lost at what to do with him. Release him!

mcGuillicutty-change his name back to Joe Hennig, and form Fortunate sons with Ted and Brett Dibiase

Sheffield-His Ryback gimmick was Amazing. He was a terminator type of gimmick. And with his look it could work.

Tarver-When he started on NXT he had an MMA style brawler gimmick. I think this would work. Think Shamrock, and MMA wasn't big as it is now.

Mason Ryan-dude sucks on the mic, give him a manger, and make him into the next big thing. Shave off the beard, have him be off TV for a little bit, and then come back clean shaven and go on an undefeated streak like Goldberg.

That is what I would do.

Justin Gabrielle - Give him a darker gimmick. Don't play too much on his high-flyerness. He is real solid in the ring. Give him a gimmick similar to Jeff Hardy's TNA gimmick.

Heath Slater - Enhancement Talent or Unemployment.

Micheal Tarver - Give him a hit man gimmick. Think APA.

David Otunga - Keep his NXT "A-List" gimmick.

Joe Henning - Team him up with Dibiasi and become the fortunate sons. Not a huge stable, just a tag team.

Husky Harris - Loose the Slipknot mask and team him with Brodus Clay. Maybe they can be Del Rio's security.

Skip Sheffield - Change his name and make him a big power house.

Mason Ryan - Team him with someone like Rhodes or a heel Christian as their muscle.

The night after Wrestlemania, I would have Otunga come out with a mic to the middle of the ring. He seems to have strong mic skills, yet he isn't a good wrestler. This would make him an excellent candidate to be the leader of the Nexus as a mouthpiece/manager that is capable of taking bumps and possibly winning a match here and there.

The recruitment begins by reforming the main guys from the original Nexus that were injured: Sheffield and Tarver. Otunga explains that had they not been injured, they wouldn't have allowed them to be punted like Punk did. I would keep these two in a tag team....similar to the Acolytes (Farooq and Bradshaw).

I would then round out the group by bringing back Mason Ryan and possibly Mike McGillicutty if they want a 5th guy.

SHEFFIELD & TARVER- Im combining them because I think they would make a great powerhouse tag team. Its really hard to say what type of gimmick I would give each of them because i really haven't seen much from them. They were gone too quickly.

The first thing that comes to my mind is something like LOD or even DOA. Not necessarily the costumes, but just build them up as massive bad asses with ruthless aggression. They would need an actual tag team finisher, but if done correctly, it could work.

Nah they are definitely like Farooq and Bradshaw from the Acolytes. They both like to drink beer and play cards, and were hired by other superstars to go beat people down. It would be a fun feud to watch Sheffield and Tarver take on Slater and Gabriel.

I doubt they will repackage the Nexus. If anything, they'll probably end it. That way we don't see a band of cronies doing everythnig CM Punk say's for another 4 month's. There's more of a chance they'll turn oh him then WWE trying to repackage a already "on life support," team.

Wht would they do, add Skip Sheffield and Michael Tarver. This isn't the NWO, they don't need anymore established talent. That's why this Nexus is terrible. CM Punk is already a 3 time champion and he's only using Nexus at his expense. The first original Nexus was great becuase they were rookies looking to get a name, now their working Punk.

I think Nexus might just be done already. It's a lost cause because no body else cares anymore.

Without going into specifics keeping it basic, I'd bring the original Nexus (minus Corre members) and the New Nexus together and have split them evenly between Corre and Nexus and I'd build to them teams feuding over the summer, they're needs to be a pay off that we've never gotten yet.

Keep their gimmicks, and allow them to mature on tv and break away and become their own person, gimmicks are flawed and needless in todays wrestling product, if anything we've learned is gimmicks should be the person and characher not the person protraying a character, Santino, Cena, Orton as examples.

Hm ok thisll be interesting:

Gabriel and Slater - keep in Corre, after Corre breaks up keep as a face tag team since WWE needs tag teams, and hopefully thelly utilize them much more, especially Gabriel, look at his indie work as PJ Black, "Everything fades to Black" nuff said
PS Slaters NOT that bad guys, leave him alne lol

Husky - I kind of like this gimmick change, and to any idiot saying "Keep his family name" do a little research, his grandfathers was the great Blackjack Mulligan, Axel Mulligan works just fine

Otunga - dont really care to be honest, I tried liking the guy but what did he really do the entire Nexus angle? Squash matches and was the mouthpeice next to Barrett, even in New Nexus, maybe if they made him face, and gave him a decent push, with promos so he could work on his "ok but not good" mic skills, maybe I'll start liking him

Skip Sheffield - Vince wants him to be the 2nd babyface next to Cena, so do JUST that, push the hell out of him, although Id rather have him be a heel monster, I guess we dont need one since WWE BURRIES monster heels nowadays (see Kozlov, Khali, Henry, Show as a heel, and now as a face)

Hennig - still refusing to call im McG, rename him, keep him heel, give him the "Im better than you" gimmick, add in his fathers legacy, big push, hopefully main event status in 2-3 years time

Tarver- tarver, make him heel (last he was seen he was face?) and give him the "blacks arent respected" gimmick. even though this is PG it COULD work, easily put him over that hes being taken down by the man since there are rarely any black champions, idk cant think of anything for him

Young- put him back together with percy watson and reform the south beach party boys or w/e the fuck their tag team was called, WWE needs teams!!!!

Ryan- PUSH PUSH PUSH, but train the hell out of him, from what ive seen hes still very green, love his accent btw :)

Nexus Members: Have the group turn on Punk (like an angle at WM where he tries to get them to help but they refuse) and make the group like the Corre where they are just asscociated with each other but there is no leader to get them all some more exposure then disband the goup for good.

Otunga: Needs to get more wrestling experiance so should be based in a managerial role.

Mason Ryan: He is quite green now, we have hardly seen him wrestle so he needs exposure by squashing a whole load of jobbers to let us see his persona.

Mcgillicutty: Needs to go straight back to his real name and team with Harris then break from Nexus to join a new Fortunate Sons stable as someone mentioned.

Husky Harris: So right now he is in FCW using a new gimmick and name (axl something). He needs to use his real last name and team with McGillicutty as part of Nexus then defect to a new Fortunate Sons stable with Hennig.

Sheffield and Tarver: Would make a good team would give the Nexus more power, have them in a dominating type team then eventually have Sheffield turn on Tarver since apparantly they want him to be a big star.

THE CORRE:

Slater: I seriously cant see where he would fit other than his team with Gabriel. So if that ends then I guess he should be shown the door.

Gabriel: Should bekept in team with Slater. Cant see him doingmuch in singles due to lack of mic skills so he wuld probably end up in a postion like Evan Bourne.

Put husky and brodus Clay together. Make them a monster version of the Blackjacks. this should happen. It adds to the tag team division. They could also be a part of Nexus, can't decide.

Keep every body else (with the exception of Henning) in the Nu Nexus (Ryan, bring back Skip, add Tarver, otunga). Have Punk continue as leader, and the rest are like his servents. Have them become like a monster factory, destroy everything like they did when they debuted, then have Punk cut a promo on "faith" like hes been. Otunga could be the manger for most of the team, Punk always has Ryan with him cause he's the most "Devout in his faith".

Henning - Just do as everyother poster has said.

Keep CORRE members together, change nothing for them as of now.

I'd break up Nexus.... its dead...

I'd create these factions instead...

Miz - Otunga, A-Riley, Melina - Hollywood Insiders

Legacy - Ted Dibiase, Brent Dibiase, Mike Hennig, & The Rotundos.

The Canadian Foundation - Christian, Teddy Hart, Natalie Hart, & the Canadian Bulldogs - DH Smith & Tyson Kidd (I'd actually create two Tag Teams with Smith... when he competes with Teddy they're the Hart Foundation 2.0 and with Tyson the Canadian Bulldogs... You could have an angle based off his loyalties.

The British Empire - Wade Barrett, Mason Ryan, Drew McIntyre, and Paul Birchill

Leave the Corre as it is they are picking up steam.
Harris- give his new gimmick a chance.
Otunga- should host his own show ala piper's pit.
Young- should reunite with Percy Watson and team up.
Tarver- would be the security for Otunga's show
Sheffield- push him as a powerhouse face along the lines of Golberg
Henning- have debiase try and recruit him to team up but Henning refuse and they start a fued that could help elevate both of them
Ryan- needs to stay as somebodys bodyguard for a while. Maybe he makes the save for Punk at WM.

Tarver & Sheffield

I remember reading somewhere that Vince sees the jacked-up Sheffield as a future megastar, but I would prefer to see the 2 of them team up as a powerhouse tag-team to dominate the tag-team division. WWE has so few teams and it looks like nothing is planned for Tarver, so I would play of both his and Skip's look and put them as a team.

Slater

I agree with everyone else, he does not have the look. However, I think he works well with Gabriel as a team, so I would keep them together until Justin is given a singles push.

Otunga

Do something similar to MNM and play off his "A-List" gimmick from NXT. That could work

Ryan

Get him working harder on his skills because this guy has all the physical gifts to be a star. When he is ready bring him in as a dominator with a big winning streak.

McGillicutty

Drop the stupid name, go back to Joe Hennig, team him up with Ted DiBiase, Brett DiBiase, Richie Steamboat and whoever else and make the "Fortunate Sons" stable. It needs to be done as Ted is going nowhere and it would be a great way to bring Brett and Steamboat Jr to the main roster.

you gotta keep Richie Steamboat away from any Fortunate Sons / Legacy 2. He's a natural face like his dad so having him feud with the Fortunate Sons would be a better idea IMHO. Maybe even bring his dad back for a few matches with his son.

Its pretty sad that we're talking about repackaging the Nexus already, I mean, they squashed the whole group in a matter of four months and for what? Orton and Cena aren't over enough?

Anyhow, I'd keep The Corre together, sure their a super lame version of what The Nexus was, but hey they are the only stable in the WWE so thats worth something. Vince must like these guys more than any of the New Nexus or else they'd be back down in FCW(I really don't get the Heath Slater love tho, he is as bland as it gets)

As or the New Nexus(otherwise know as Randy Orton's bitches), I've never liked Otunga, he seems like a stiff to me, I'd fire him. I liked the idea of putting Harris with Brodus Clay, but the WWE doesn't have a Tag-Team division anymore(right?) so that would be pointless. You know what, I actually don't think Husky has a future in the WWE. I like him, but he seems like an IDEAL tag-team guy and so does McHennig. Otherwise their just a couple Dibiase Jr's, guys with name value and little else.

Mason Ryan is pretty green but out of anyone in the New Nexus, he probably has the best future. He's a big beast, his character pretty much writes itself.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've more than had my fill of nexus. It seems like the writers just don't know what to do with them anymore, ever since Punk took over. Not that this lame duck group is Punk's fault, but this whole thing is terrible now.

First we had a feud with Cena and Punk (supported by the nexus), that more or less began with the nexus beating down Cena, and next week Cena retaliated, etc. Only thing is, this feud between Cena and Punk that started this whole thing was never really resolved. Instead, we saw Cena swapped out and replaced with Orton.

Then we had the exact same story. Nexus gangs up on and decimates Orton, and we have Punk blather on about why, so now we have an Orton vs. Punk (with Nexus) feud. This gets followed by Orton systematically taking out the nexus members. Yawn. Seems familiar, even down to the "Super-Orton" replacing "super Cena."

Then we finally see Orton vs. Punk, Orton predictably wins. Only it's not time for Cena to be out of the main event, so what happens? This entire thing gets recycled AGAIN from the beginning, with Nexus members returning last week and this week to once again mob attack orton.

It's the same thing, over and over again. First it was the same story, different hero, and now it seems like it's the same story, same hero. Maybe it's just me, but I've had my fill of this nexus, and they should disband if the writers can't think of anything original for them to do anymore.

Any thoughts?

As far as Husky goes...FCW gimmicks usually dont stick. Its a way for them to try out new things. I think he needs to use his real name and use his dads name like Ted DiBiase did to get over better. He was already over with the fans as Husky Harris but that name was dumb.

Here is what i think for the rest...

DAVID OTUNGA- Use the whole "hollywood" aspect with him. Make him...not so much a carbon copy of MNM with the entrance, but he's called A-List yet NOTHING proves that.

MCGULLICUTTY- Same as Husky Harris. Drop the lame name and use his REAL name. We all know who he is. Again, dont make it a carbon copy of something, but make him Mr. Perfect2.0

In fact you could take him, Husky, Rhodes (maybe since he is starting to pick up steam), both DiBiase brothers, and some other 2nd or 3rd generation stars and make the long rumored FORTUNATE SONS stable.

GABRIEL- I like the high-flyer gimmick he COULD have. I could see some great matches between him or Bourne, Mysterio, or Sin Cara. High-flyers dont really have a gimmick (NO AirBourne is NOT a gimmick)

SLATER- I got nothing. To me he doesn't seem marketable.

MASON RYAN- This hard because like I said above, I haven't seen much out of him either.

Basically this ^^

Hennig= Mr. Perfect 2.0. He's way to much like his dad to leave him in his crappy gimmick.

Ryan= To much of a follower right now. They need to make him like NN's second in command to CM Punk. An pull a Batista and branch out.

Gabriel= Could be a good High Flyer against Rey (if he doesn't get released like he asked for) Sin Cara, Evan Bourne etc.

Slater= This will probably get me banned from this site. But he REALLY reminds me of like Edge when he was tag teaming with Christian. Like the whole rockstar gimmick thing he was going for kinda worked. I would probably leave him in the Tag Team and maybe give him a title shot for like the IC (after Barrett loses it) or maybe the U.S Championship. Do I think he's super talented right now? No. But I do see alot of upside occasionally.

Barrett: Obviously, would be fine on his own. He's really talented.

Sheffield and Tarver: Should be scrapped. I just don't like either one of them talent wise.

Harris: I'm not sure he's ready for singles just yet. I'd say he should stick to tag teaming or being apart of a faction. I just never saw his talent as an "I can do it alone" thing.

Otunga: Should be a pretty boy MNM type thing. Where he thinks he's better than everybody else. He wouldn't be great as a singles wrestler he makes a better lackey.

I much prefferred the Original Nexus to the New Nexus. Wade Barrett was a much better leader than Punk!!! Punk shouldnt be in the faction, he is appalling as a leader. He was shite in the SES aswell.

Punk is great, don get me wrong but have him on his own. He doesnt need Nexus behind him. They bring him down. Henning is boring, Otunga has run his course, Ryan has potential but we need to see him in more matches.

I would love to see Skip Sheffield and Michael Tarver join back forces with Barrett. Drop the big Zeke and destroy the New Nexus PLEASE.

Oh, for the love of all that is holy, kill the Nexus idea, now!

Seriously, it's done. Nexus is over. Just release Otunga and McGillicuty and let the rest of them float in midcard hell.

Look at The Corre, There have the Intercontinental and Tag Team championship's. What do Nexus have, nothing!

The only thing they can do now is make Nexus turn on Punk, becuase it's getting really tiring watching a group of guy's just follow order's by someboy else, when 2 week's ago Punk said something o the line's of, "anyone would be a fool to work for me."

Repackaging, no! It's over.

Oh, for the love of all that is holy, kill the Nexus idea, now!

Seriously, it's done. Nexus is over. Just release Otunga and McGillicuty and let the rest of them float in midcard hell.

Look at The Corre, There have the Intercontinental and Tag Team championship's. What do Nexus have, nothing!

The only thing they can do now is make Nexus turn on Punk, becuase it's getting really tiring watching a group of guy's just follow order's by someboy else, when 2 week's ago Punk said something o the line's of, "anyone would be a fool to work for me."

Repackaging, no! It's over.

I totally agree with this. Nexus is done.

When Punk said he only used them as his followers to protect him and doesn't care about them, that should be used as an excuse for them to turn on Punk. Maybe have another Orton vs Punk match at Extreme Rules and then have the Nexus interfering and attacking both wrestlers in retaliation for using them as shield (Punk) and object to take his frustration out on (Orton).

I would keep Slater and Gabriel as a tag team, get some more long term tag teams and help get the tag team division up and running again

Otunga-I would bring back his A-list gimmick he had while on NXT and the one time he guest hosted Raw. I don't think he is as bad as some of you make him out to be, I just don't think he has had the chance to prove himself yet as they are always having him being squashed.

Barrett: Should definately be on his own, and keep the IC belt on him for awhile

Mason Ryan- I think they are eventually going to do the exact same type of Angle like they did with Batista to first get him over. Keep helping Punk until Punk insults or orders him around a little too much, maybe even help Punk win the world championship, win the RR, then he decides to go against Punk at WM.

As for the rest, who knows, Sheffield needs to prove himself once he comes back from injury that it's not something that's going to ruin his career. Tarver, I thought for a while they were going to do something with him, as they kept showing him in the background on raw for a few weeks, but he seems to have disappeared

McGillicuty- As most have said, let him use the Henning name and play off his dad's legacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back