Reigns should win his 1st WWE Title from The Rock at Wrestlemania 32

RockShouldMainEventWm32

Dark Match Jobber
Imagine this.

2016 Royal Rumble to crown the new vacant WWE Champion: Roman Reigns and a returning Rock are the final 2, both get eliminated at the same time which would set up a match between the two at WrestleMania.

Reigns wins his first WWE title from The Rock at WM32 Main Event in front of 100,000+ People.

Now sure, there will be "critics" who would rather a Shield triple threat but even at Wm32 it would be too soon for that match as the main event.

If this scenario happened, it would give Reigns A LOT of attention and that is what WWE should want if they plan on making Reigns the next "guy", it would get TONS of mainstream attention because:
1) Reigns is beating Rock.
2) Reigns is Rock's cousin.
3) It's in front of 100,000+ People.

It would be just like 30 years ago when Andre The Giant, the biggest wrestling star alive then passed the torch to Hulk Hogan.

Now The Rock, the biggest wrestling star alive now passes the torch to Roman Reigns.

The Roman Reigns Era should Start in 2016, now this year give Bryan the match against Lesnar.

Bryan vs Lesnar would be a classic, one of the GOAT WM matches.

Then next year, Reigns gets the proper run at the top when he's ready and improved.

While I like your idea, I don't think it's a good idea for the WWE title to be vacant for very long. It's bad enough we have a champion that was absent for most of 6 months, then a year later you want a scenario where the title stays vacant for 2-3 months? No. Never again. Sure, have Reigns win the title at 'Mania, but even IF the belt is vacant and being put on the line in the Rumble there has to be a definitive winner. Not a tie and then you keep the belt vacant until WrestleMania.

No just no! I dont want The Rock as champion again. He does not need it to put anyone over. Im done with part timers winning the title. Lesner ruined it for me and I did not like The Rock taking the title away from Punk. That was BS! So just no!

Definitely No. Vince made his whole roster eat crap the last time Rock was given the belt so I'm against it. Doing that again would be on the David Arquette level and Rock could barely get through his last match. It just insults the full time guys but as I said before, if Vince could somehow get a doctor to sign off on Hogan he would get a run with the belt.

Imagine this.

2016 Royal Rumble to crown the new vacant WWE Champion: Roman Reigns and a returning Rock are the final 2, both get eliminated at the same time which would set up a match between the two at WrestleMania.

Reigns wins his first WWE title from The Rock at WM32 Main Event in front of 100,000+ People.

Now sure, there will be "critics" who would rather a Shield triple threat but even at Wm32 it would be too soon for that match as the main event.

If this scenario happened, it would give Reigns A LOT of attention and that is what WWE should want if they plan on making Reigns the next "guy", it would get TONS of mainstream attention because:
3) It's in front of 100,000+ People.

It would be just like 30 years ago when Andre The Giant, the biggest wrestling star alive then passed the torch to Hulk Hogan.

Now The Rock, the biggest wrestling star alive now passes the torch to Roman Reigns.

The Roman Reigns Era should Start in 2016, now this year give Bryan the match against Lesnar.

Bryan vs Lesnar would be a classic, one of the GOAT WM matches.

Then next year, Reigns gets the proper run at the top when he's ready and improved.

I couldn't imagine WWE having the title vacant for 3 months if you can't decide who will be champion in the match designated to determine the champion at Royal Rumble.

I don't think Reigns vs. Rock would have the same mystique as a passing of a torch match. Honestly, it would make more sense to see Reigns vs. Cena, The Rock really doesn't have the torch anymore. I'd say Cena is the biggest wrestling star. The Rock is one of the biggest stars period though.

No it would give the Rock a lot of attention as fans would be wanting to see him. He would be the draw. It's maybe not a good thing to announce to the world they are cousins. People will look at the Rock, know how great he is on the mic and in the ring, and wonder why is someone he's related is not as good. Makes Reigns shortcoming even more pronounced.

The big difference here is the Rock isn't carrying the torch anymore, John Cena is, and it's his to pass not the Rock's. Also Andre the Giant was an active wrestler when he passed the torch to Hogan, the Rock has been out of active competition for awhile now.

I think it would be a great thing to see the Rock and Reigns in the ring together, but I don't think it will happen for awhile, the Rock has his movie career happening and Reigns well he's on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back