Redemption: S.H.I.T. (c) vs. Matt Tastic - Elite X Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit

the Frog
995185_459962720783276_896649928_n.jpg

Matt Tastic earned his championship opportunity by defeating three other superstars on Ascension but shortly after his victory, Vance Bateman announced the updated rules for the Elite X Championship which will begin at Redemption:

"The Elite X champion must defend the title in every match he participates in and will do so for 7 straight rounds, should he managed to retain every week. Once the Elite X champion successfully defends the title on the 7th round, he will forfeit the championship and be granted a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship."

Should S.H.I.T retain, he will be one match closer to a World title shot. However, should Tastic win, the counter will be reset and will have to endure 7 different challengers to get his title win. Both men will need to step up their game should they wish to see a World title in their near future.

Deadline is Wednesday (October 2, 2013) at 11:59 P.M. Extensions available upon request.

This is a backstage vending machine, here is where the Human's purchase their snacks.

S.H.I.T presses whatever passes for a hand against the machine, and emits a high pitched sound out of... somewhere out of that anatomy.

"What are you doing?"

S.H.I.T pauses in its activity to turn its attention to Mr. Magnolian, who today is being accompanied by a small child, who apart from being scruffy looking and lacking the sweat stains, seems to be a smaller version, chubby and pink-faced, who is watching the scene in mild interest.

This one is attempting to communicate with this vending machine.

"Why?"

This one thought your Human child would be hungry, S.H.I.T has been reliably informed that small Human's enjoy chocolate, almost as much as S.H.I.T enjoys Destruction. S.H.I.T stands bolt upright, error! S.H.I.T does not enjoy destruction, enjoyment is a Human emotion, S.H.I.T was built for Destruction! Are small Human's built to eat chocolate?

That one is, Barbosa mutters from a bit further down the corridor, the pair on tour are noticeably keeping their distance from the unpredictable madman, especially as he seems to be bedecked in the tattered remains of a straight jacket, looking much like S.H.I.T did with its tattered remains of a tuxedo, although perhaps more menacing. The child answers the question by nodding in the affirmative. S.H.I.T resumes its "communication" with the vending machine. The assembled crowd watch as S.H.I.T's communication turns from verbal, to physical as it starts to rock the vending machine backwards and forwards, the only sound the heavy distributor slowly but surely going further in each direction, until the inevitable.

*CRASH*

Three things happened, everyone who hadn't already been paying attention instantly does so, and handily, S.H.I.T stepped nimbly aside, clutching its Elite X Title to its chest to make sure it doesn't fall off what passes for a shoulder with the rapid movement. The third would go unnoticed to anybody not paying extra special attention, the slight flicker of Barbosa's expression.

Among the gathered crowd, Backstage Bob pushes his way to the front, showing no surprise at the perpetrator of the loud noise. This Machine was of inferior quality and unable to communicate. Stated S.H.I.T, by way of explanation. Bob looked at S.H.I.T, S.H.I.T looked at Bob, Bob gave a resigned shake of his head, S.H.I.T looked at Bob, Bob turns and walks away, S.H.I.T looks at Bob's retreating back.

"Excuse me," said Mr. Magnolian, interrupting this non-verbal exchange, are you going to introduce us to any of the other wrestlers, at all? He asks.

S.H.I.T cocks its head, in its familiar method of questioning Human behaviour. QUESTION; You do not wish to see more of the Machines on display?

"We came for a backstage tour, we expected to meet the likes of the World Champion, and perhaps even..." Here Magnolian begins to sweat slightly, "Amber Warren... Or..."

Barbosa is number 1 contender. Perhaps soon to be World Champion, this one is Elite X Champion.

"We've met you before, I want to meet..."

You have just met backstage worker Bob.

"Who the hell is he? No, forget that, show us where the top guys hang out around here."

S.H.I.T and Barbosa exchange glances, Barbosa shrugs.

There is Leon Kensworth, S.H.I.T said, indicating the announcer in amongst the crowd, who waves at the pair.

"What titles does he hold?"

Least interesting backstage announcer.

Leon's face falls at the slight.

Barbosa is correct, out of all the announcers Leon serves as the one best used when a competitor wishes to get a point across, and merely needs a man to ask the obvious questions. To be properly challenged, Jonny Klamor or Stacey Maddison are the best candidates, and Becky Serra can be deceivingly insightful and cutting.

"Hey, come on, that's not fair. I ask plenty of tough questions."

"Are you a real robot?" All heads turn towards the, up until now, silent child.

"I was just about to ask that!"

Affirmative.

"Daddy says you aren't!"

"Daddy" is incorrect.

Mr. Magnolian starts to look awkward, Barbosa for the first time in this encounter appears to be enjoying himself.

"He says your a man in a box." Said the child, who like children everywhere, is blissfully ignorant of the embarrassment he is causing his parents.

S.H.I.T turns its familiar snarling stare towards Barbosa, Mr. Magnolian was angry about S.H.I.T initiating an attack on him. Barbosa also calls this one "Silly man in a box!" when he is angry with S.H.I.T. S.H.I.T has collected data and has deduced that your emotion of anger makes Human's act in ways that they may later feel the emotion of regret for.

Only recently, although time is unimportant to a Machine, backstage at Kingdom Come did Barbosa get angry with S.H.I.T and act in a way that he would later regret.

It was you who told us to fu..

"Anyway..." Magnolian wisely interrupts, "what the nice robot is trying to say is... Well, what are you trying to say?"

S.H.I.T looks at Mr. Magnolian, who unlike his son, starts to wilt under the glare, this one is merely stating facts. Human's are irrational, this often leads to mistakes and other things they will later "regret."

"Yes, that's right, try not to say things in the heat of the moment that you will regret later."

Passable summary.

A small pause.

"Matt Tastic was angry with you!" Attention returns to the small Human, who reacts the way most do, by demanding more. "He was all like, crazy robots! I am not funny! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!"

Normally Poo is making the beeping noises! The assembled crowd turn to look at Barbosa, then continue with their conversation.

Matt Tastic is indeed categorised by this one as "angry!" With an added exclamation mark. His anger has driven him to embody that which he claims to hate. Perhaps he believes this will gain him the success he has been lacking, this one does not know, this one does not care. This one only knows that the "regret" following his "anger" will be stepping in the ring with S.H.I.T.

"I always say you should be who you really are." Said Magnolian, and he nods smugly to add to that point, his child however stares at him with the expression of someone who has clearly never heard the phrase pass his lips. S.H.I.T is oblivious.

This one would categorise that as good advice.

Another thought strikes S.H.I.T, out of nowhere, the echo of an echo.

Destroy!

Magnolian and Son stare at S.H.I.T as it seems to try to shake the cobwebs out, finally it continues, however, while radical change to achieve short term goals is unappealing and can appear false, this one has learned that evolution and improvement prevent stagnation.

It pauses again, before continuing, in order to avoid becoming that which we hate, we must move forwards, this one has learned from Human's like Barbosa that it can grow and improve while sticking true to what it is.

Magnolian and Son exchange glances with a perplexed Barbosa.

When this one first came to WZCW it wanted nothing, except perhaps the total extermination of all life forms.

However, S.H.I.T has learned to adapt, to forge pacts and even perhaps, friendships, that not all life forms must be exterminated, that competition is its own reward, that being a champion means it represents more than itself, but that trying to be that which it is not is detrimental.

Where did you actually learn all this?

S.H.I.T again ignores the but in, Matt Tastic's Human emotion of anger has led him to embody all that he hates in an effort to achieve that which has always eluded him, by contrast S.H.I.T's Human interactions have led it to leave its bleak and one dimensional existence behind, achieving success others can only envy.

All the while still sticking to its mantra; S.H.I.T exists only to destroy!

S.H.I.T looks around at all the gaping faces, most of those assembled have had at least some dealings with the Machine and seem to be confused, and then for some reason feels the need to fill the gap.

The fact that S.H.I.T is the Ultimate Destruction Machine also plays a part.

Which Matt Tastic will learn to his chagrin! Matt Tastic has his problems, but S.H.I.T does not care, perhaps another setback will set him on the journey he needs, S.H.I.T does not care, he is an obstacle and S.H.I.T has a gauntlet to run.

With that S.H.I.T storms off, leaving the trio behind.

"That was an unusual lack of brevity," Leon chips in.

We would say that lack of brevity isn't the correct phrase, he seems to have added to his vocabulary however.

We like Poo's reaction whenever we tell someone to mention Matt Tastic's Meltdown on Meltdown!

We caused him to destroy the Breakfast With... Set, which we then got in trouble for.

Realising that they are now the centre of attention the Barbosa's cease their conversation, instead leaning against the wall in a nonchalant manner. Made all the less nonchalant because of the ruined straightjacket they still haven't taken off.

"Who's going to take us around now, daddy?"

Don't look at us! Says Barbosa instantly.

Father and Son stand in the corridor together, "come on Son, lets see if we can find Becky Serra."

==========================Matt's House======================

It's been over a week since Matt became #1 Contender to SHIT's Elite X Championship. But things have seemingly not gotten better in the world of Matt Tastic. The title he now chases may be what he needs to finally achieve his dream. To win the World Heavyweight Championship.

Destiny arrives at his house. She has not seen or heard of him in several days now and given his recent attitude, it's not a good sign. She walks into the property and stumbles into a very peculiar sight.

Destiny: Matt? Matty dear? Where are you? Matt? Oh my!

“Just a man in a box. Just a man in a box.”

She stops when she see's something in the way. A large tree. Chopped down and on the ground. The part that has been knocked down shows that it's also been carved on in the middle. Destiny looks around. Now with concern for both Matt and herself.

Destiny: MATT! Where are you?!

CRACK! A hard cracking noise can be heard from inside the house. It startles Destiny who rushes in to check on her client.

Destiny: MATT!!

Once inside, Destiny finds the house to be a total mess. The kitchen table is chopped in halve. The sofa, the TV, lots of furniture. Wrecked with whatever it has inside pulled out and broken on the ground.

Destiny continues through the wreckage. Trying to find Matt. But she cannot find where the noise came from. Just words that echo through the house.

She runs towards Matt room. And there he is. The #1 Contender to the Elite X Championship. With his house wrecked, his furniture destroyed. Standing with a machete at hand. In front of him, a showcase with one item. A replica of the Mayhem Championship. The title he's held a record 4 times. The only title he's ever held. He looks at it. His eyes show nothing but pure disdain. His mouth shows an expression of disgust. Finally, he snaps.

Matt: I WILL PULL THAT MAN OUT OF THE BOX!!

Matt swings destroying the showcase. He sticks his hand through the broken glass and pulls out the title belt. His expression goes from enraged to sickeningly happy as his eyes mellow out and his scowl turns to a twisted grin. He holds the belt up.

Matt: Hahahahahahahaha! And once I pull him out, I'll take what's mine.

Destiny: Matt! Matt, I need you to calm down.

Matt: I am calm. I'm just mentally preparing myself for my match at Redemption. I need to pull the wool over everyone. I need to show that I am the superior athlete. And that some man in a box can't come close to what I can do. The people want freaks. Soon enough, they'll just have me. I'll pull out the real person out of all these little clowns. Tear them down one by one. And expose them. SHIT is a great place to start. It'll also put me in line to make my dream come true. To become World Heavyweight Champion.

Destiny: Yes dear, but have you seen what you've done here?

Matt: Cardboard. The idiot wrestles in cardboard. Have you seen how lousy that stuff can be?

Matt grabs a random piece of cardboard from the chaos around him, dropping the replica belt in the process and wets it by dunking it in his toilet. He then shows it to Destiny and rips it in half.

Destiny: Yes, that's very nice. But the house.

Matt: Whatever. I can buy this stuff all over again.

Destiny: Uh. We need to head out. Redemption is in a few days and we need to go to a press conference. A special interview has been set up for you.

Matt: Great. I can talk shit about SHIT there.

========================Press Conference: Redemption=================

Matt Tastic defeated several other wrestlers to become SHIT's first challenger in the new Elite X Challenge. The unexpected change to the title has caused an added sense of urgency to go through Matt as winning the Elite X Championship can now lead him directly to the World Heavyweight Championship that he covets so greatly. But before he can face seven challengers, he first needs to win the actual title.

In preparation for his match, Destiny was asked to have Matt do a special interview with Johnny Klamor in order to both hype his match with SHIT and get to the bottom of his attitude change. Matt walks in the backstage area of the set where it will take place as a random backstage worker walks in.

Worker: Matt, everything is set.

Matt paces the room. His eyes open very wide as the words spoken by the worker go by him. He stops. His eyes go from wide to focused. His expressionless mouth becomes a slasher's smile. He turns towards the worker and approaches him.

Matt: Hehehehe..... Do you enjoy your job, boy? You a big wrestling fan?

Worker: …..well yes..... I like my job. And I'm a big fan of you guys.

Matt: Great...great. WELL THEN GIVE ME THE RESPECT I DESERVE! I am MR. TASTIC to you, got it? Your senior! Your superior. Refer to me as such.

Worker: ye-ye-ye-yes, Mr. Tastic...... I'm sorry.

Matt: It's such a shame with you people, really. If you had the nuts to stand up for yourself, to stand up for what you truly desire, you wouldn't be pissing your pants and crying in front of a guy you idolize right now. Now get out of my way.

Matt walks off towards the set as the worker looks on. He clenches his fist in rage from Matt's words.

Worker: Grrr.... Damn you.

Matt gets to the set. It looks like an interrogation room but features a Redemption poster behind Klamor. There's a singular light above the table to illuminate the whole room. Matt examines the area as Klamor reads from some papers waiting as Matt eventually settles down.

Klamor: Hello Matt, and thank you for joi-

Matt: Woah woah woah. We are not friends, Klamor. We aren't related. It's Mr. Tastic to you.

Klamor: Any reason you don't pay me the same respect to me?

Matt: I don't have to.

Klamor: *sigh* I'm not here to argue with you, so lets just get on with it. Matt-

Matt goes from sitting comfortably to leaning forward and scowl on his face.

Klamor: Sorry, Mr. Tastic. I hope you are aware though, this interview will be in front of the public.

Matt: WHAT?!

The wall with the poster is raised and a large crowd is revealed beginning to cheer on. Matt gets up in shock and looks on as the cheers become loud boos. Matt looks on infuriated to the public but sits down much to his chagrin.

Matt: You want me to speak in front of these toys? These puppets? Well fine I'll do it. But they better not whine when they hear the truth.

Klamor: Mr. Tastic, people say your attitude has drastically changed. We've seen it the past few week how you've become a lot more aggressive. You say it's because of how you're treated by WZCW management. Are you sure it's not due to your lack of success?

Matt: Well, that seems rather odd. I won my match last week, so what's this about “lack of success”? It's obvious that I'm shunted in favor of these stupid characters like my dear old opponent, SHIT. Why else would my match be bumped off Kingdom Come while that disaster of a match between Alhazred and Krypto be in it? There's no lack of success. Just a lack of commitment or desire. No one in management can focus on one particular objective. They just strap themselves to whoever makes the fans laugh. It's easy, quick money for them. And it's helped turn this company into a circus show. I'm not brushed to the side because of “lack of success”. It's because I'm not some extravagant over the top character. And it's pissed me off for the last time. Trust me. I will not be the only one to speak out about this.

Crowd: * KRYPTO! KRYPTO! KRYPTO! KRYPTO! *

The crowd's chants are quick to get on Matt's nerve as his tension builds.

Klamor: Well regardless of all that, here we are in a title match for you. I believe you are familiar with the new rules of the Elite X Championship. They were announced after you won your match. What are your thoughts on that? You said you want to win the World title.

Crowd: * S-H-I-T! S-H-I-T! S-H-I-T! *

Matt's frustration continues to build as he clinches his fists and teeth tightly.

Matt:He's just a man in a box. And the World title is my dream. WHY?! Why is this person, who wrestles in cardboard, getting this chance? I'm the one who should challenge for the World title. And I shouldn't have to beat 8 guys to get that chance. 4 years in this stage should be more than enough. But I'll do it. Just to prove that I can.

Klamor: We might as well ask about SHIT. What are your thoughts? Do you think he's a real robot?

Matt: Grrr..... He's just a-

Matt: He's just a man in-

Matt: Just a man in a box.

Matt: DAMMIT SHUT UP!!

Matt flips the table in front of him as Johnny Klamor backs off from the scene. Matt faces the crowd, enraged by the chanting and cheering for SHIT. His rage turns to a sick smile once again. Just like in his own home. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out some sort of toy.

img_3659-e1330732943629.jpg

Matt: Keep in mind, you morons asked for it. Looks just like SHIT, right? It used to clean shit, too. But now it's just a silly little “robot”. Stiff and emotionless. Just like the stupid “hero” you people worship.

Matt: Just look at you smug little bastards. Chanting for him. As if he knows what to do when he hears his name. This stupid thing here is what all the fuzz is about. The flavor of this month.

Matt drops the toy. And steps on it. He scrapes his heel on it and then spits at it.

Matt: 4 years and no recognition. And you people wonder why I act the way I do now. You really are a very stupid lot. Look at you. You cheer for a man in a cardboard box. He speaks in a monotone, his best friend is clearly unfit for social activity, but this company allows it because it's funny to them. You laugh at his penis jokes but seem to forget robots don't have them. You cheer because he has a title belt but forget that this is all about who the better wrestler is. He cannot outwrestle me. He can't even out-think me. A “robot” follows strict programming. A pro wrestler on the other hand, and listen to the irony, thinks...... OUTSIDE THE BOX!

Crowd: You suck! You suck! You suck!

Matt: I've heard you. The things that you've said. “He shouldn't win. He's doing better without a title.” “He won't win. He never does.” “He's still dull.” I don't care about what I want. So why should I care about what you want? You're all selfish. Why shouldn't I be selfish? You're all delusional. Why should I waste my time trying to appease to you? After all, you're the ones cheering for a man. IN A FUCKING BOX!!

Matt pulls out a box of matches from his pocket as crowd continues to boo him loudly. He taunts the them with inaudible words and takes a match out of the box and lights it.

Matt: Hahahahahaha! Superman once said he feels like he lives in a world made of cardboard. Always being careful not to break something or lose control. Or someone could die. Well I got out of that cardboard world. It's too fragile for my taste. And at Redemption, SHIT better do the same.

Matt drops the lit match on the toy and it begins to catch fire. Some fans begin to scramble out despite the relatively small flame and workers come in to put it out. But Matt intercepts them and takes a fire extinguisher from one of them.

Matt: Don't be such a killjoy.

Matt shoves off the worker and showers him with the fire extinguisher before doing the same to the others. He then showers the fans with the extinguisher as they begin to throw trash at him. More people come in to stop Matt so he puts the fire out as he's about to be grabbed.

Matt: See? I had it all under control. After all, the only thing made of cardboard is that little SHIT toy. Ooops. Excuse my language. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

The scene ends with Matt being escorted out as fans throw trash at him. He looks behind showing his sick grin to the fans as the boo loudly. He's clearly gotten under their skin. But can he do the same to a man who has no skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back