Rd. 2 Survivor Series Match - Team Japan (JAP) vs Team Mexico (MEX)

Who SURVIVES?

• Kenta Kobashi (JAP)

• Antonio Inoki (JAP)

• Mitsuharu Misawa (JAP)

• Jushin Liger (JAP)

• El Santo (MEX)

• El Canek (MEX)

• Rey Mysterio (MEX)

• Eddie Guerrero (MEX)

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Team Japan (JAP)
Inoki, Kobashi, Liger, Misawa
42_inoki.jpg
Kenta_Kobashi_503782a.jpg

Justin_Thunder_Liger.jpg
misawa.jpg

vs

Team Mexico (MEX)
Santo, Canek, Mysterio, Guerrero

EL%2BSANTO.jpg
canek_10.jpg

rey-mysterio-photograph-c12233391.jpeg
eddie-guerrero01.jpg

This is a second round 4-on-4 Survivor Series Match in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. This match follows traditional Survivor Series rules. Once one team has eliminated all 4 men on the opposing team via pinfall, submission, count-out, or DQ, the match ends, and the surviving team advances.

The match will open for discussion on Friday, February 12th, and voting will begin on Saturday, February 13th. This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.

To make discussion interesting, please take the time to explain who wins / loses falls and who the surviving wrestlers will be.

WHEN VOTING, YOU MAY ONLY VOTE FOR MEMBERS OF ONE TEAM OR THE OTHER. ONLY VOTE FOR THOSE WRESTLERS YOU FEEL WILL SURVIVE AND BE STANDING AT THE END OF THE MATCH!!!

I don't really know enough about Mexican wrestlers outside of the Guerreros and Mysterios but that Japanese line-up just looks fearsome. The sheer endurance and hard hitting of Kobashi, Inoki and Misawa I think is enough to overcome the high flying of the Mexicans.

I think Mysterio and Eddie might be able to take down Liger but the combination of Roaring Elbows, Burning Hammers and Tiger Suplexes will be enough to give Japan a comfortable victory.

Survivors: Inoki, Kobashi and Misawa

Honestly I see all the Japanese guys going through no offense to el canek or santo. The Japanese team is just too strong and too well rounded. The team is practically staked with some of the biggest and best legends of the sport, no offense to santo etc. The Japanese team is just too physically and mentally tough.

With much respect to Team Mexico, Team Japan is a superior team. I don't think this match would be a total blow out but it would be one sided. Santo and Canek would get eliminated by Kenta and Misawa. Then Liger would eliminate Rey, Eddie would come in and eliminate Liger. After that, Eddie would have an insurmountable uphill battle. Inoki could go hold for hold with Eddie, but even if he was eliminated Eddie would fall victim to Misawa or Kenta. The Japanese team is just better then the Mexican team.

Survivors: Misawa, Kenta, Inoki

I'm currently undecided on this one. I really think it comes completely down to the order of elimination, as both teams have a "Hulk Hogan" guy that a fan of either would argue wouldn't be taken out easily at all.

The big question is: what happens when Hulk Hogan faces Hulk Hogan?

Rey and Liger are the guys that will get picked off first. Then probably Guerrero and Misawa. I really don't know about Canek/Santo vs Inoki/Kobashi though. I'm gonna do some research on them and come back to this.

Really both teams bring an incredibly large amount of credibility and talent to this match, and Mexico shouldn't be overlooked just on the current status of Rey Mysterio or an "overrated" Eddie.

I'm currently undecided on this one. I really think it comes completely down to the order of elimination, as both teams have a "Hulk Hogan" guy that a fan of either would argue wouldn't be taken out easily at all.

The big question is: what happens when Hulk Hogan faces Hulk Hogan?

Rey and Liger are the guys that will get picked off first. Then probably Guerrero and Misawa. I really don't know about Canek/Santo vs Inoki/Kobashi though. I'm gonna do some research on them and come back to this.

Really both teams bring an incredibly large amount of credibility and talent to this match, and Mexico shouldn't be overlooked just on the current status of Rey Mysterio or an "overrated" Eddie.

Ugh tired of the Jr. Heavyweights being considered the sacrificially lambs of sorts. Liger is imo definitely a better in ring worker than 3 of his opponents and perhaps even the fourth, and from what I can see from the posts of others he is apparently believed to be "the weak link" of his team. Now if the weak link is able to best a majority of the competitors then the rest of his team should do a even more capable job and therefore this team should definitely go through, it's just to what degree they'll excel. As I said I believe it possible for the entire Japanese team to go through and that is with the utmost respect for their opponents. And btw I don't prescribe to a strictly "kayfabe" rational to voting: booking, non-kayfabe history, personal entertainment, culture, work rate, career ability/adaptability, legacy etc all factor into my opinions.

And yet, strictly being a better in ring worker does not equal a win. If this were the case, Randy Savage would repeatedly be put over Hulk Hogan. I am not counting out Liger, simply stating that in the grand scheme of things Rey Mysterio and Eddie are possibly being counted out as well.

I do agree that Japan looks to have the superior team, and am not committing myself to voting against them, however I wish to really look into the guys that I do not know enough about before my vote is swayed to the team that "looks" better. In some cases, (NOT all, NOT even most, but a select few) the team that "looks" better isn't in fact the better team. I do not know enough about El Canek to really factor him in or out of this match, other than from reading the other posts in this tournament. I only know El Santo as the "Hulk Hogan" of Mexican wrestling. So, I'll refrain from voting until I am sure I can make a correct assessment.

And yet, strictly being a better in ring worker does not equal a win. If this were the case, Randy Savage would repeatedly be put over Hulk Hogan. I am not counting out Liger, simply stating that in the grand scheme of things Rey Mysterio and Eddie are possibly being counted out as well.

I do agree that Japan looks to have the superior team, and am not committing myself to voting against them, however I wish to really look into the guys that I do not know enough about before my vote is swayed to the team that "looks" better. In some cases, (NOT all, NOT even most, but a select few) the team that "looks" better isn't in fact the better team. I do not know enough about El Canek to really factor him in or out of this match, other than from reading the other posts in this tournament. I only know El Santo as the "Hulk Hogan" of Mexican wrestling. So, I'll refrain from voting until I am sure I can make a correct assessment.
A) Hogan was a good in ring worker in as much as he drew money and knew good "ring psychology" B) Liger imo is better than Rey and Eddie any day of the week so just cause they go out means nothing, at least not to me.C) Like I've already said I don't vote based entirely on kayfabe outcomes and histories which are themselves based on the non-kayfabe booking decisions influenced by backstage politics, injuries, and situational circumstance. The win-loss records of these these men, the most phony aspect of the deal, usually plays the least part in my decisions and subsequent votes.

Moderately easy victory for Japan here, as they have easily the most talented team of all of the teams in this tournament, with only Canada really even coming close. There are some solid guys on the Mexican team, but none of them are as good as the Kobashi-Misawa tandem, you throw in Inoki and Liger? Yeah, that team is NOT fucking losing.

In the end, I imagine Misawa and Kobashi will be the last two standing, giving Team Japan the win.

I know almost nothing about either side, except for the love-fest of Misawa and Kobashi that I read through in the other round(s). Mix that in with the fact I know about Liger and have seen/heard of Inoki's legendary status.. I'm giving Team Japan a full-out clean sweep.

I don't know El Santo, or El Canek, but I do know Mysterio and Guerrero will likely be the two many feel are the team's heart and soul. With that being said, Mysterio isn't better than Liger, and Guerrero can't out-do the awesomeness that I've been told Misawa with-holds.

While I've already voted for Team Japan in a blowout. I would like someone to inform me of El Santo and El Canek, for future reference in not flatout voting against them. Especially if their status in this business is meant to be greater than Mysterio or Guerrero.

I know almost nothing about either side, except for the love-fest of Misawa and Kobashi that I read through in the other round(s). Mix that in with the fact I know about Liger and have seen/heard of Inoki's legendary status.. I'm giving Team Japan a full-out clean sweep.

And it's funny - you accused people in the Hogan / Eddie thread of being "smarky." And you're now doing what so many others have done - voting based on name recognition.

I don't know El Santo, or El Canek, but I do know Mysterio and Guerrero will likely be the two many feel are the team's heart and soul. With that being said, Mysterio isn't better than Liger, and Guerrero can't out-do the awesomeness that I've been told Misawa with-holds.

Santo and Canek woulddominate Rey and Eddie in a tag team match. Significantly.

While I've already voted for Team Japan in a blowout. I would like someone to inform me of El Santo and El Canek, for future reference in not flatout voting against them. Especially if their status in this business is meant to be greater than Mysterio or Guerrero.

Oddly enough, in the same Wrestlezone Tournament where you threw the kitchen sink to get Edge past several top contenders, Tastycles and I did quite a few peices on Canek, and Tasty has done some terrific work on Santo. Also, in the Bronze Medal submission match, I give a little taste of Canek's history in why he should go over Samoe Joe. Both are absolutely worth a look!

And it's funny - you accused people in the Hogan / Eddie thread of being "smarky." And you're now doing what so many others have done - voting based on name recognition.

Actually, I said personally even that there was no way Hogan would lose because of who he is, and has always been in his career - compared to a guy like Eddie Guerrero.

As for my voting; I went with Liger and Inoki, because I know them and know that Liger is better than Mysterio and Guerrero, alone - combined. Add to that, that I'm giving Xfear and Tdigs their just-due in proving to me that Misawa and Kobashi can hold their own and it pretty much makes it a 4 on 2 situation, against Canek and Santo.

If Misawa, alone, is so "unstoppable" as Xfear, JMT & Tdigs ranted he was, then the numbers game would have to favor against Team Japan, not in their favor. Thus - Team Mexico doesn't stand a favorable chance here.

Santo and Canek woulddominate Rey and Eddie in a tag team match. Significantly.

The funny thing here is, you aren't doing yourself any favors here. You're telling me two teammates can beat two other teammates. But you have yet to explain to me, or anyone else, why Team Mexico can defeat someone not on their own team.

Oddly enough, in the same Wrestlezone Tournament where you threw the kitchen sink to get Edge past several top contenders, Tastycles and I did quite a few peices on Canek, and Tasty has done some terrific work on Santo. Also, in the Bronze Medal submission match, I give a little taste of Canek's history in why he should go over Samoe Joe. Both are absolutely worth a look!

If I can find the threads you're talking about, I'll look for what you & Tasty have said in Canek's favor. But that isn't helping the majority of individuals who are looking for a deciding factor in voting - now. Not many are willing to go in search of year-old threads, Irish.

I'll also check out the Bronze Medal thread as well. Thank you.

The lack of Yoko here is really disturbing. I think that Rey and Liger should start out here, as that'd be pretty exciting. I think Rey has a slight advantage here though, and will pick up the win. However, whoever comes in from team Japan would absolutely fuck him up.

Eddie is the next weakest left, and he'd go out to Kobashi, who wouldn't be fooled by his tricks and stuff. Santo comes in now and works well with Canek for awhile, eventuallty eliminating Misawa by wearing him down.

Santo and Canek v. Kobashi and Inoki now, so 4 guys that most of us here don't know much abou. Inoki, big chin and all, just can't handle the lucha wrestling of the 2 powerful Mexicans here. However, we all know Kobashi is a beast, so he evens it after eliminating Canek.

We're down to Santo/Kobashi now, and they go at it hard for over 10 minutes in what has been a grueling match. I've said before, Tasty has made me a Santo fan, so I have to go with him here.

Sole Survivor: El Santo

El Canek spent his entire career beating the best that Japan had to offer. People like Tatsumi Fujinami are not to be taken lightly, nor are wins against people like Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant. How many of the Japanese team have big wins against any Mexicans? Zero. I'm not going to deny that Rey and Eddie are the weakest members here, and I don't really understand why they have been selected over Mil Mascaras, but it shouldn't make a difference.

Liger and Rey would start up the match, with Liger eventually eliminating him. Eddie would enter next and I think he'd probably get a quick cheating pin, before himself being eliminated by Inoki. Canek's beaten Inoki before and he will again, and then we're at 2 vs 2. Kobashi would come out next. Who have provided Kobashi his most difficult opponents? Foreign power wrestlers. What is Canek? A foreign power wrestler. It'd be drawn out, but Canek would eventually overcome him.

Canek wouldn't have enough left to beat Misawa, but he'd be a pretty stiff obstacle and then we're down to one on one. In a match from the outset, Misawa is one of the few people I think might be capable of beating Santo. However, with a head start and because I think his pedigree would pobably put him over anyway, Santo would eek out a win in the end. Something that people often miss is the difference between a guy who puts on good performances and a man who is good at winning. Santo is most certainly the latter, and while Misawa is not strictly the former, he isn't as much of the latter as Santo, and Santo would be the sole survivor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back