Raw LD: Crossroads...

Lesnar being associated with the Authority tells me Bryan vs. Lesnar headlines Mania.

Lesnar being associated with the Authority tells me Bryan vs. Lesnar headlines Mania.

Yup. Everyone throwing their toys out of the crib over the Authority return is really missing the (obvious, frankly) point of this whole thing, which is wrapping up the entire arc the way it was all supposed to go in the first place....

Daniel Bryan overcoming them, and Lesnar, at Mania, were, incidentally, "unbeatable foes" tend to get beaten.

I'd have no problem with DB ending the Authority. He was their main foe until he got injured and his storyline through WM30 was amazing. I don't think the title needs to be involved in taking them out though. Lesnar could easily be picked as their "choice" to fight for their survival. If Lesnar is leaving, a "loser leaves WWE" stipulation could easily thrown in there as well.

If they have Lesnar drop the title at RR, then Reigns can win the rumble and take on Cena at WM31. I'd even say that match wouldn't necessarily have to close the show. People are going to be behind DB so much that they might crap all over that match if it goes on after DB/Lesnar.

Some people might complain about the WWEWHC not closing the show, but I think a match involving "the fate of the WWE's future" could justify that order. Not to mention the giant YES! chant to close the show.

Yup. Everyone throwing their toys out of the crib over the Authority return is really missing the (obvious, frankly) point of this whole thing, which is wrapping up the entire arc the way it was all supposed to go in the first place....

Daniel Bryan overcoming them, and Lesnar, at Mania, were, incidentally, "unbeatable foes" tend to get beaten.

It can't be a coincidence that Daniel Bryan announces his impending return and on the same night, we also get the Authority being 'brought back'.

That said; it isn't only Daniel Bryan that has beef with the Authority at all. There is also Cena, Orton, Reigns and Ziggler as well. Sting will also definitely be in the mix as well.

My only gripe is that with the Authority, opening segments can REALLY fucking drag, so I hope they can get that tightened up. Ten minutes, tops, please.

Wrapping The Authority storyline up with Bryan taking them down for good makes alot of sense. You know what would have made more sense though? Wrapping it up last Wrestlemania when it SHOULD have been wrapped up.

I don't know about you guys, but I honestly think that putting Rollins, Show, Heyman and Lesnar together was pure genius and I personally hope WWE rolls with this as a group until Lesnar leaves, then they can go their separate ways, because they (WWE) have a gold mine with them all together.

That's the only way it'll make up for bringing them back so soon. My question is why not just have The Authority win at Survivor Series? Ziggler still gets his build, but ultimately The Authority do what's 'best for business' and makes sure they come out on top.

It helps the build for Bryan coming back and makes the payoff at Wrestlemania we'll hopefully see be even sweeter.

I really think the writing and booking have no direction and change things on an hourly basis.

I still say Lesnar's not going to have the WWE title at Wrestlemania... Rollins will cash in before then.

I'd like to see Bryan win the belt at Elimination Chamber, Rollins cashes in, and sets up Bryan/Rollins at WM. Why not have Bryan take out the "Future of the WWE" and show The Authority that he's indeed the short-term future of the company?

I still say Lesnar's not going to have the WWE title at Wrestlemania... Rollins will cash in before then.

You're basically making the payoff of all the money WWE invested in Lesnar, as well as the end of The Streak, the dismantling of Cena at SS, and months without the title on screen a surprise heel cash in. I highly dislike this idea from a business and personal perspective.

I'd like to see Bryan win the belt at Elimination Chamber, Rollins cashes in, and sets up Bryan/Rollins at WM. Why not have Bryan take out the "Future of the WWE" and show The Authority that he's indeed the short-term future of the company?

Elimination Chamber is being replaced with Fast Lane.

And what happens to The Rumble winner? I'm not against winning The Rumble meaning something other than main event title match at Mania but I doubt they are pulling that stipulation.

You're basically making the payoff of all the money WWE invested in Lesnar, as well as the end of The Streak, the dismantling of Cena at SS, and months without the title on screen a surprise heel cash in. I highly dislike this idea from a business and personal perspective.

Which means the WWE is likely to go that route. It's looking more and more like Lesnar's going back to the UFC ASAP, so why keep the belt on him at Wrestlemania? They did this with him before he went to the NFL training camp. They had his title reign end, and stuck him in a random feud with Goldberg that went over as well as a pussy fart. They even added Austin to the mix and it still sucked. Maybe the WWE will get cold feet and get the belt off of him at the Rumble.

Elimination Chamber is being replaced with Fast Lane.

I felt like that was the case, but no one corrected me, so I thought I was just second guessing. That might change things and how it's done.

And what happens to The Rumble winner? I'm not against winning The Rumble meaning something other than main event title match at Mania but I doubt they are pulling that stipulation.

It just drives me nuts that the WWE has to overthink everything because they're afraid of the fans becoming too smart to their booking. Just because people know it's going to happen does not mean you go back on what the plans are. If it makes sense, it makes sense... and right now, nothing is really making a lot of sense to me. Bryan's promo was amazing, but what if Reigns is the last one standing, he looks around, wonders why there's no music and sees the countdown clock and out comes Daniel Bryan at #30.

The roof would come off the arena if that happened. The element of surprise seems to be lost these days.

Bryan's promo was amazing, but what if Reigns is the last one standing, he looks around, wonders why there's no music and sees the countdown clock and out comes Daniel Bryan at #30.

The roof would come off the arena if that happened. The element of surprise seems to be lost these days.

Um, so you want Daniel Bryan to make Reigns out to be the weak guy? You want it to JUST be Reigns and Bryan in the ring and have Reigns be eliminated by Bryan? You would be asking fans to boo Reigns even though he's supposed to be a FACE. And he should be a face. I'm not saying he has to be the Main Event of WM but you need him to be at least a strong face heading out of Royal Rumble.

I'm okay with Bryan winning the Rumble but it would be poor booking to have Bryan eliminate Reigns. Reigns can get eliminated by something Triple H does that is underhanded either he directly goes in and eliminates him or sends someone in to do it. That would lead to a Reigns vs Triple H WM match, which would be good.

It has to be the way things are going. Cena gets the belt, Rollins cashes in, Bryan avenges all and takes down the Authority and regains the title... then what?

Then we see what they have next. I'd be skeptical about trying Bryan vs. the Authority again after how good it was last time.

Um, so you want Daniel Bryan to make Reigns out to be the weak guy? You want it to JUST be Reigns and Bryan in the ring and have Reigns be eliminated by Bryan? You would be asking fans to boo Reigns even though he's supposed to be a FACE. And he should be a face. I'm not saying he has to be the Main Event of WM but you need him to be at least a strong face heading out of Royal Rumble.

I'm okay with Bryan winning the Rumble but it would be poor booking to have Bryan eliminate Reigns. Reigns can get eliminated by something Triple H does that is underhanded either he directly goes in and eliminates him or sends someone in to do it. That would lead to a Reigns vs Triple H WM match, which would be good.

It could be Zack Ryder for all I care... but it would swerve the crowd if Reigns were eliminated by Bryan, and Reigns wouldn't exactly have to avenge Bryan for being eliminated, he merely becomes more motivated to try to get to Wrestlemania.

Anyone who eliminates Bryan will be booed. Sting would be booed if he did. My point is make a path to get Bryan back on top where he belongs and have The Authority chase him and eventually be vanquished.

Speaking of overthinking things....

How about just Bryan wins the Rumble, Rollins cashes in before now and then, and away we go with Rollins Vs Bryan.

Probably because that match can not headline a WrestleMania in 2015.

Still think maybe Rollins cashes in at the end of Mania, only to be fended off by a Cena-Bryan-Sting conglomeration.

I think Rollins gets a rigged #30 at The Rumble. Fuck knows The Authority owe him big time. Then again Rollins may face Orton at The Rumble and not be in The Rumble at all.

Another avenue is Rollins cashing in on Cena at RR and then RKO outta nowere!! Fucking up his cash-in and setting their Mania match.

That would fucking rock too.

Speaking of overthinking things....

How about just Bryan wins the Rumble, Rollins cashes in before now and then, and away we go with Rollins Vs Bryan.

Probably because that match can not headline a WrestleMania in 2015.

Still think maybe Rollins cashes in at the end of Mania, only to be fended off by a Cena-Bryan-Sting conglomeration.

Yea, I think they're hoping for a Taker/Sting or HHH/Sting bout to be their showcase and possibly have Cena/Lesnar to vanquish the Authority.

Or have Cena/Bryan vs Lesnar/*insert random Authority figure* to vanquish the Authority, Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose for the WWE title, Taker/Wyatt and HHH/Sting...

Now we're heading toward Russo territory aren't we?

Another avenue is Rollins cashing in on Cena at RR and then RKO outta nowere!! Fucking up his cash-in and setting their Mania match.

That would fucking rock too.

I'd like that. Bryan gets rigged at #1, has the odds against him, Rollins comes in at 30, thinks it's in the bag, only for Orton to come out and RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!

I think Rollins gets a rigged #30 at The Rumble. Fuck knows The Authority owe him big time. Then again Rollins may face Orton at The Rumble and not be in The Rumble at all.

I keep leaving Orton out of things. They need heels so just have Orton with Lesnar to go against Orton and Bryan, and have Orton RKO everyone in the free world and leave the ring as a one man nightmare! Then Bryan gets up, hits his knee on Lesnar, Cena puts him in the STF and Lesnar taps before going to the UFC.

Turn down for what?

Well to be fair the RKO OUTTA NOWHERE thing reached its peak a few months back so it must be time for WWE to capitalize on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back