Raw Champions Discussion Thread

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
This thread is to discuss the current Raw champions. Give your opinions on them as a champion, who you think will be future title contenders, who will defeat them for the championship's etc.

John Cena

At Unforgiven in Toronto in 2006, John Cena survived a brutal Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match against hometown boy Edge, grabbing the gold to win the match and his third WWE Championship.

Umaga

After being disqualified in his first attempt at Vengeance: Night of Champions, Umaga finally avenged his April loss to Santino Marella, dropping Marella with a Samoan Spike on the July 2 Raw to become a two-time Intercontinental Champion.

Candice Michelle

Vengeance: Night of Champions was a historic night for many, including Candice Michelle, who pinned Melina to gain the WWE Women's Championship.

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdock

In a match ordered by a maniacal Mr. McMahon, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defeated The Hardys on the June 4 Raw to win the World Tag Team Championship for the second time.

Cade & Murdoch made the challenge and offered to wait until The Hardys were 100 percent; instead, McMahon made the match for that night, and Cade pinned Jeff after a missed Swanton Bomb to claim the gold.

John Cena- I really hate this guy, as do most other people in this forum, He has had the WWE Championship for almost a year now and it is now to the point where he is booed everywhere he goes, jus because people are sick of him as champion. They should have had Orton take the belt at Summerslam. There are rumors out there that he will be leaving soon to shoot another movie so I really hope he loses the belt at Unforgiven. If I have to heat "The Cham Is Here" one more time, I am goin to stick a fork in my eye. I will say he loses the championship to Orton at Unforgiven

Future Contenders- Orton, Trips, Kennedy

Umaga- I actully really enjoy watching this guy work. For a big man he is really athletic in the ring and enjoying to watch. As much as I like him I dont think that he is a good fit for the Intercontinental Championship, jus because U cant have him go against a guys like Hardy, Carlito, and Kennedy and have them have a believable win (Hey, there not all like Superman John Cena) I am looking to see a Umaga-Hardy match at Unforgiven wit the Dozer winning. My guess is that he will lose he title to Lashley when he returns in a couple of months

Future Cont- Jeff Hardy, Kennedy, Carlito, Lashley

Cade and Murdoch- No Mic Skills, Not Athletic Ability, and no exitement, this is one of the many reasons why the tag division in in shambals. Remember the days where the tag division was the best part of the show (The Hardyz, Edge and Christian, Dudleyz) today is a far cry from back then. Cade and Murdoch serve no purpose to me, hell, they are tag champs and appearing on Heat every week. Anyway, I am preying that Cryme Tyme takes the belts and at least provides some exitement. Cryme Tyme will take thew belts on Raw next Week

Future Cont.- Cryme Tyme, Londrick

Candice- Man she's hot, Ill give her credit, she has really worked hard ti improove her in-ring ability and I respect that. She is a hardworker that gives it her all every week, I jus wish we could actully see haer wrestle sometime, too bad she will lose the belt to Beth soon, maybe this is the start of a better womens division.

Future Cont: Beth Phoenix, Michelle McCool

John Cena- I stopped being a fan of his as soon as his promo's stopped being funny rap insults against other wrestlers. His rapper gimmick was hilarious and entertaining. This whole "superman" gimmick of him overcoming the odds and beating up everyone sucks. I like watching the good guy lose when it matters most. It's more realistic and would humanize his character a lot. But the man sells tickets, so love him or hate he does the job of a champ.
Person to dethrone him- Orton all the way baby

Umaga-I used to be a hater of him, but I think for a man of size he's a great wrestler, not one of the best but I'd say better than average. I've no real beef with him.
Person to dethrone him- I'm going on a limb and say Hardy. With the help of chair that Umaga brings in during a match and Hardy uses it when the ref's back or while the ref is knocked out. The other option is a ladder match that Jeff will win it with.

Cade and Murdoch- Waste of time. We've got a redneck and a man who reminds me of Larry the Cable Guy, and I hate Larry the Cable Guy. They are dull wrestlers that win a crowd over enough to even boo them to save their lives.
Team to dethrone them- Cryme Tyme. I'd like to say Londrick but they've pushed aside since coming to RAW, they should've stayed on Smackdown! as the champs IMO.

Candice- She's improved a great deal and I respect that a lot, it shows she actually cares about the business, but when was her last 1v1 match on tv?
Woman to dethrone her- The Glamazon Beth Phoenix, in what will most likely be close to a squash match.

In a match ordered by a maniacal Mr. McMahon, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defeated The Hardys on the June 4 Raw to win the World Tag Team Championship for the second time.

Cade & Murdoch made the challenge and offered to wait until The Hardys were 100 percent; instead, McMahon made the match for that night, and Cade pinned Jeff after a missed Swanton Bomb to claim the gold.

I cant say that I want them as champs. When you look at past champs like The Hart Foundation, Bulldogs and E & C they just dont compare. I'd much prefer WGTT or London & Kendrick as champs. I doubt L & K will ever be given a proper chance on the 'A' show though. That feud would be amazing though. I'd certainly prefer Cade & Murdock as champ as opposed to The Hardys. I like Matt as a singles competitor. The sooner he goes heel, the better. But I can abide Jeff.

Umaga

After being disqualified in his first attempt at Vengeance: Night of Champions, Umaga finally avenged his April loss to Santino Marella, dropping Marella with a Samoan Spike on the July 2 Raw to become a two-time Intercontinental Champion.

Umaga is so wrong for the IC title. He should have been the one to get the World Heavyweight title. As an intimidating big man (who can work) he should be in a main event position. Not working with future superstars (Kennedy) and never will be's (Marella). He should have a Yokozuna type role. I dont see him ever getting a world title run. Which is a shame because he's a brilliant worker. Better than most of the Smackdown main event players. But with his outdated gimmick I just dont see it happening.

John Cena - What can I say? I absolutely love this guy much like many of his other adoring fans who chant 'Cena Sucks' and boo every times hes even mentioned. God i hope he loses to Orton at Unforgiven. Orton HHH would be a great feud leading into Survivor Series with Kennedy winning the Rumble and winning the championship at mania
Umaga - (or Umanga as he is known to Regal) good in ring ability, very athletic for a big man, not sure about turning him face we will have to see, now Hardy is back they could work a program with Jeff taking the title which would probaly have happened at SummerSlam anyway.
Cade Murdoch - as said before, useless in ring and on mic. Havent even wrestled in months. Give the titles to CrymeTyme
Candice Michelle - good for a bit, dont like her new music though. Give it to Glamazon Beth

Candice Michelle

Vengeance: Night of Champions was a historic night for many, including Candice Michelle, who pinned Melina to gain the WWE Women's Championship.

I for one dont mind Candice as champ. I cant say I watch WWE women's matches for great wrestling. If I want great female wrestling there's proper promotions for that. I also appreciate that she tries hard. And I think that she's fully aware that she's complete shite, that's why she's making an effort.

John Cena

At Unforgiven in Toronto in 2006, John Cena survived a brutal Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match against hometown boy Edge, grabbing the gold to win the match and his third WWE Championship.

I dont mind Cena. I'm not a fan, but I dont hate him. I dont get filled with dread when I see him wrestle. I'm slightly bored by his title reign. But I also dont want to see Orton or HHH as champ. Booker or Umaga is fine by me though. Then again you dont get many long title reigns in WWE anymore. So while I might be bored by his reign I wouldn't be bothered if it continued well into the future.

John Cena - i did hate him b4, but now im just not a fan, not because hes been champ for too long but because his gimmick doesnt really entertain me and since hes suppose to be a hogan like champ WWE makes him do the same thing over and over again like a modern hogan, cant wait till he loses the belt, but i hope whoever is next champ, if its some1 good, then i hope they have a long run with it, all champs should, the attitude era of losing the belt every 2 months doesnt work anymore IMO

Future contenders - trips, orton, kennedy, maybe snitsky if WWE can get him over

my pick - Kennedy!............Kennedy!

Umaga: like everybody else im also impressed from his in ring ability, not just for ''a guy his size'' i just think hes actually good, big or not, im just not really a fan because i dont like his gimmick, its really just stupid IMHO and as mentioned b4 he doesnt seem like a IC contender... but nothing against him

Future Contenders - carlito, jeff, lashley

my pick: carlito!, i think its time he gets a decent run

lance cade & murdoch: i dont even care anymore what happens to them and the tag titles, WWE has ruined all of its meaning

candice: also dont really care anymore since the womens division is much anymore, but i guess my pick would be mickie james...

Umaga

I've spent goodness knows how long hating Umaga, but recently he's actually been impressing me. The triple threat at SummerSlam was a disappointment for me because I was hoping for a bit more beef int he match. It's about time they're sorting out the IC division with the top contenders of Kennedy, Carlito and Jeff Hardy. Jeff I think will be the next champ just because I believe they've bigger things in store for Kennedy and I'm not that impressed with Carlito [he's great potential, just not showing it.] and did you hear Jeffs pop on Monday?

WWE CHAMPION
JOHN CENA:

In my opinion no talent, one of the worst wrestlers on RAW, hell the roster. He has had the title way too long. If Orton does not win the WWE title at Unforgiven then RAW is going to lose a viewer.
FUTURE CONTENDERS: Orton, Triple H, Kennedy

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION
UMAGA:

I like Umaga, i think hes a good in ring performer, strong, fast everything you need in an IC Champ.
FUTURE CONTENDERS: Carlito, Jeff Hardy

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
CADE & MURDOCH:

If given time on RAW these could really show their skills. I think their a great team and have a lot to offer in light of this i do want Cryme Tyme to win the titles becasue they are hilarious!
FUTURE CONTENDERS: Cryme Tyme, W.G.T.T

WOMENS CHAMPION
CANDICE MICHELLE:

Sure she is improving but i dont see her being good enough to hold the title. Im hoping to god that the stronger, better looking Beth Phoenix destroys her and takes the title from her.
FUTURE CONTENDERS: Beth Phoenix, Mickie James

Candice- Man she's hot, Ill give her credit, she has really worked hard ti improove her in-ring ability and I respect that. She is a hardworker that gives it her all every week, I jus wish we could actully see haer wrestle sometime, too bad she will lose the belt to Beth soon, maybe this is the start of a better womens division.

Future Cont: Beth Phoenix, Michelle McCool

No she hasn't, I haven't seen anything on any live RAW that can testify to or justify Candice improving. Many people have stated that she does well at house shows, but until we she that carried over at the Live Raw, it carries no weight.

I'm hoping she drops the belt to Beth, or Jillian, but it seems like it would be Beth because WWE has placed her first in line. If WWE won't job Candice to Beth, then they'll have no choice but either force Candice to wrestle Beth properly and test out her new skills, or they'll expose her for the fraud she is, because we all know that Beth can wrestle, and If the match between them ends up to be some cookie cutter half assed match, then I see no one to blame but Candice.

And Michelle McCool, are you serious? We might as well put the belt on Ashley when she comes back.

John Cena - The most annoying WWE Champion yet. When he won at WrestleMania 21, he didn't lose it until the next year, where he lost it twice, then regained it and hasn't lost it since. I really hope to see him lose it...soon. On RAW, because I can't wait for Unforgiven, its too long from now, and if he keeps it until the 17th (Unforgiven falls on the 19th), he has a year-long reign....I don't want that. Fans, keep booing until he finally hates holding the title, it might work.
Wanted Champion(s) - Orton, Jeff Hardy, Snitsky, Booker, Umaga, Edge, Kane

Umaga - He's awesome, he kicks ass, and he is a good champion. Santino Marella sucks, and when I went to my first live RAW on July 2nd, I was happy to see Umaga win the title, the way he kept it in his mouth like that was cool. Though I like Umaga, we could use a new champion.
Wanted Champion(s) - Kennedy, Carlito, Super Crazy, Edge, Kane, HHH

Candice Michelle - Well, I like Melina, and I didn't like seeing her lose to Candice at Vengeance...she should get her title back since she kicks ass.
Wanted Champion(s) - Melina, Mickie James, Victoria

Lance Cade & Murdoch - At first, I liked it when the Hardys lost to these guys, but not anymore....they suck so bad, and don't defend their titles often at all. Cryme Tyme seems to be on them constantly, so hopefully on RAW next week, we will have new tag team champs.
Wanted Champions(s) - Cryme Tyme, World's Greatest Tag Team, Hardyz

WWE CHAMPION
JOHN CENA:
Gah one can only hope that the title gets taken off of him and he falls to a mid card stance...
FUTURE CONTENDERS: Orton, HHH

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION
UMAGA:
I think Umaga would make a better WWE title holder then Cena, but as it stands he's the IC champ, and he does a very good job. Incredibly fast for his size and powerful to boot
FUTURE CONTENDERS: Jeff Hardy

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
CADE & MURDOCH: As with many of the recent tag teams, they only have one real team to compete with... As champs I don't mind them, but I'd rather see them chasing...

FUTURE CONTENDERS: Cryme Tyme

WOMENS CHAMPION
CANDICE MICHELLE:
Improvment definatly helps, and Candice is doing just that. However the title should belong to someone who really does not need to improve that much. Mickie was a great champ who already had a lot of skill
FUTURE CONTENDERS: Beth Pheonix, Melina

Not too big on Cade and Murdoch but they really aren't too bad. The Tag Division has went to the shitter anyway. They make better champs than the Hardy's as it made no sense in having Matt work both shows. I thought Cade/Murdoch did a good job in the Hardy feud. Hopefully Cryme Tyme gets a title shot at Unforgiven and takes the belts. We rarely see these two anyways. Hell they don't even defend on PPV's.

I see a pretty long feud between them and Cryme Tyme with hopefully CT taking the titles soon. Should be interesting and could lead to seeing some more Tag Action.

I'm going to do the rest the easy way...

WWE Women's Champion Candice Michelle-I really couldn't care less. Candice is a joke as champion IMO. Just because she has tits & ass,posed in Playboy and Creative fucking up at Backlash with Mickie, She gets the title. She has no wrestling ability whatsoever. If she has improved I haven't noticed it. Probaly because I don't watch the Diva's anymore because the division has joined the Tag Division in the shitter.

Thing is with Candice lovers. They go on and say she's improved since becoming champion. Bullshit. WWE should have made sure that she was "In-Ring ready" before hot shotting the title on her. The fan's don't care about her and neither do I.

I look for Beth to be the next champion and if not her I'm sure it will be Jillian. Both are great. So I wouldn't mind either one taking the strap and bringing some interest back into the Women's Division.

WWE Intercontinental Champion Umaga-UmaNga is the shiznit even though I use to hate the guy. For a guy his size he is pretty damn good in the ring. He has surprised me lately and has kept me interested in the IC Title picture. SS was not quite what I expected but he and Hardy had the MOTN at the GAB.

I find it funny how WWE throws him into the Main Event Scene as un unstoppable powerhouse feeds him to Cena then ship him down to the IC title area. It really isn't all that bad as UmaNga brings some Cred back to the belt. He has improved alot lately but Creative needs to stop with the Wishy Washy changes.

Face or Heel damnit! It is that easy. I prefer Heel. He plays the monster samoa gimmick well. As for contenders I see Jeff Hardy to challenge at UFG since Lito will be torn to shreads by Trips and Kennedy will be doing better things.

Hopefully the run lasts a little longer even though I would have like to see Kennedy take it a SS. UmaNga can build up some more momentun and jump back into the WWE Title picture.

Cena- This guy has become an extremely boring champion. I understand a guy like HHH carrying the title for 24 of the last 27 months, but Cena. It has got to change or Raw ratings will continue to drop. Give it to Orton and let Orton/HHH have a long standing battle with HHH taking the title at Wrestlemania next year.

Umaga- An enterntaining champ, but not right for the IC. There are too many guys like Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Kennedy, etc. that should carry that belt. Not a superhevyweight.

Cade/ Murdoch-Come on guys!! This has to be the worst take team duo in decades. They are so ridiculous, its hard to even dislike them, I just fast forward my tivo whenever they wrestle. Raw had better get some good tag team duos or this belt is gonna be a part of Raw the fans could care less about this year. Cryme Tyme is a little more entertaining, and pretty athletic in the ring!! Please anyone other than these guys!!

Candice/ Shes ok. Very attractive and good ring presence, but this belt should change hands more often!!

Pleazzz bring back some ring wars for raw, like a hell in a cell match for Unforgiven!!

Cena - Like almost everybody I don't like him. He has very limited wrestling skills but, in his favour, his has very good mic skills. I don't see him him in the main event picture, but in the IC title every now and then.
contenders: HHH, Mr. kennedy, Umaga

Umaga - Clearly better than IC title contender, but good to pick up the dignity of the title. This is a guy who should be in the main event picture. He is one of the few big guys that can move in the ring.
contenders: Carlito, Hardy

Cade and Murdoch - Wrestling wise they are nice, not the best in the world but enough to be tag champs. Still I would rather see WGTT with the titles.
contenders: WGTT, Cryme time

Candice - Congratulations are in order for her. She decided that the "Finlay training" wasn't enough and trained harder. She got the title for her improvement, altough I think she should waited a few more months.
contenders: beth phoenix, melina and mickie james

I think Cade and Murdoch make great champions i think they work great as a tag team and do the little things right. Also because the Tag division lacks i would rather have them with the tag title rather than the worlds greatest tag and especially Cryme Tyme because IMO cryme tyme is boring and i havent seen much from them in the tag division but i do love there mic skill and that is something most tag teams dont have. Cade and Murdoch have proven they could put on a decent tag match when they faced the hardys and there one match with Londrick was enjoyable.. I would like to see the titles on Londrick but i dont think that'll happen because of there size on the A show. So i see the team to dethrone Cade and Murdoch is cryme tyme. I just hope i see improvement when they have the belts1

Cena- I hate Cena probobly as much if not more than any of you guys in the forum, no in ring skill, limited mic skill, and his title reign has gone on way to long, heck him ever holding any title is to long

contenders: Orton, HHH, Bookaa

Umaga - Umaga is an ok champion in my book, very agile for his weight and has a varied move set, and by the way I think that he had the shortest face run of any wrestler in history

contenders: Hardy, Kennedy, Carlito

Cade and murdoch - I like these guys, I find there smashmouth style of wrestling very entertaining, and while murdoch doesn't have great mic skill, I think Cade has quite a bit

contenders: Cryme Tyme, L and D, WGTT

Candice - Damn she's hot, thats about it, i'm upset she lost it to melina who i'm a big fan of but she will lose the belt soon to someone credible

contenders: Beth, Melina, Mickie

Cena-Love John Cena!! Very entertaining wrestler who always delivers a very diverse moveset and very fast moving match. He is the #1 guy in the sport right now! I see him holding til wrestlemania where he will lose to another well rounded wrestler lashley.

Contenders: Lashley, Hardy, Kennedy

Umaga: Shit wrestler just another super heavyweight with little to none moveset. Not vgery entertaining.

Contenders: Carlito, KIng Booker, Sandman?

Cade & Murdoch: I actually think they are a real good tag team. They seem to work better than WGTT and Londrick and show more charisma than Cryme Time.

Contenders: The Highlanders, WGTT

Candice Michelle: Don't really think she is all that good. Has improved from terrible to bad. I see either Ashley coming back and winning or having Michelle McCool who i think is "the" diva winning it. McCool to me is a great entertainer and one of the best along with Ashley, Torrie, & Melina in the wwe.

Contenders: Ashley, Torrie, MICHELLE McCOOL, Melina

Thats what i think of the champions, either agree or disagree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back