Rate the Match: Kane vs. The Undertaker w/ Austin as guest ref - Judgement Day 1998

What would you rate it?

• 0-5

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
I've not done these threads in quite some time now, but I have watched this match 3 times in the last week and was wondering what you guys thought of it?

[YOUTUBE]HZOBGtXDVGU[/YOUTUBE]

I thought it would be best to just post the whole match..

I'm going to rate this match a good 7/10!

Some questions I would like to ask about the match are:

1. Was the feud going into the match good?
  2. Was the match entertaining?
  3. Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)
  4. Was there any good spots?
  5. How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?
  6. Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)

I'll answer these questions myself as well.

1. I have to say, I loved this storyline going into the match, VKM and Stev Austin had their own feud going on and so did Taker and Kane, who fought twice before this match.. But if you just watch the first couple of the mins of that video and remember the feud that was this match, you'll feel cheated that we don't get these storylines anymore.
  2. The match itself wasn't the most technically sound or fast paced match, but it's 2 giants, who can both put on a good match, the match was entertaining purely because of Stone Colds antics and I like how the focus was still on Taker and Kane throughout the match.
  3. I can't comment too much on the psychology of this match.
  4. Good spots? I don't know if it counts, but the entrances of Kane and Taker. Loved them!! I miss these entrances especially Undertakers.
  5. Crowd was red hot from the entrances, all the way til the end where Stone Cold got fired.
  6. The length was okay, this match wasn't about putting on a clinic, it was purely to get the storyline over focusing on Austin, Kane and Taker didn't need to prove anything either after putting on good matches at WMXIV and Unforgiven..

What do you guys think?

Was the feud going into the match good?

This was the main feud going on at the time with Vince trying to keep the belt off Austin. Vince demanded a winner in this match and when that didn't happen Austin was "fired". Good stuff here, never a dull moment is the Austin Vince Saga.

Was the match entertaining?

The match was entertaining, but was more about Austin and Vince than Undertaker and Kane. Not a wrestling clinic by any means, but Kane and Taker did well and Austin added a lot to it.

Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)

I think the main thing we got to see in this match was that Austin did not want the title going to either Taker or Kane. The fact he would be fired if a winner was not determined seemed to not effect Austin's actions in the match at all.

Was there any good spots?

Always liked the Stunner he hit on Taker right before he counted both of their shoulders down.

How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?

The crowd seemed to be into the match throughout.

Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)

I think it got the time it needed. There was no real need to drag the match on as we had the added promo with Austin and Vince at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back