R.I.P Wes Craven

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
Craven was internationally known for his horror films, including such classics of the genre as the 1984 film A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream. A Nightmare on Elm Street saw the creation of the iconic horror character Freddy Krueger, who scared and thrilled audiences in various films, TV shows and video games. Craven started his Hollywood horror career in 1972 with the release of Last House on the Left. He is also responsible for the horror classic The Hills Have Eyes (1977) and the comic book adaptation of Swamp Thing (1982). A Nightmare on Elm Street revolutionized the teen horror film in 1984, and the franchise went on to spawn several sequels not directed by Craven. In 1994, Craven returned to helm Wes Craven's New Nightmare, a send-up of the horror genre that included Craven appearing as himself. He continued to make meta horror films with the Scream series of movies, which were met with huge success at the box office. 1996's Scream is credited with launching renewed interest in teen horror films. Craven directed all four of the movies in that series, including Scream 4 in 2011. Other notable Craven films include The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988), Shocker (1989), The People Under the Stairs (1991) and Music of the Heart (1999)

Wes Craven succumbed to brain cancer. Thanks for the memories.

This is heartbreaking. Scream and Elm Street are two of my favourite movies. He's been a huge influence on my work, and the horror genre wouldn't be the same with out him.

RIP, Wes.

A real shame Kevin Williamson and Craven couldn't work out whatever differences they had to collaborate for another Scream film. I'm not following the series on MTV, but the film series still had life after 4.

A true horror legend, and of course he played a role in the top three Elm Street films (the original, New Nightmare, and working on Dream Warriors as a co-writer). To add to the more high profiled stuff, Craven's name is attached to a number of cult classics, and Cursed 2005 with Jesse Eisenberg and Christina Ricci is still one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back