Queen Kong's New Direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
After iMPACT! this past Thursday, it seems that Awesome Kong is becoming a fan favorite? How many people believe this is a good idea?

She's ran rough shot through every single face in the division, and with exception of Taylor Wilde, she truly hasn't even hit a road bump with anyone finding a flaw in how to defeat her. Now, all the sudden the Beautiful People in 3-on-1 attacks have found a way to make the once Mighty Amazon, fall to her knees and look weak. Is this a good or bad move, through everyone's eyes?

Personally, I think this is the only direction they can now go in. Outside of Saeed turning on Kong, (which I still believe will happen) the only Knockout's Kong hasn't really had any type of contact with.. were the Beautiful People. Until now.

Kong almost got her locks cut off, but over-powered the trio and chased them from the ring. With a glimmer in her eye, and the understanding that the trio can bring her down, she's finally made to look honestly undominating. How ironic that it comes through turning semi-face.

So, what is everyone's thoughts on this situation? Awesome Kong as a face? Good or Bad? Please explain why you feel the way you do. Add as much of an opinion as you can. Thank You.

I do not beleive this is as much as a face turn as it was a defination of the fact the the Beautiful People are probibly the biggest heels in TNA. See there are Heel clases we have tweeners like Sting, regular heels like Matt Morgan and Beer Money then we have uber-heels like The Beautiful People. The eletists, screechy voiced, "im better than you", "good looking and i know it", Velvet Sky and Angelina Love are may be bigger heels than Angle in terms of crown reaction. Everyone wansts to see them get their ass beat. Whether its Kong or Roxxi or ODB, they want to see them get destroyed. So anyone, Anyone can play face to them, Kong included. Granted Kong wasent a very good Heel to beging with but i think this renforces The Beautiful People as top heels, more so than Kong turning face.

Shes like the female version of Andre the Giant. It would make sense for her to make a little face run in her career. People tend to like the unstoppable monstrosity wrestler who cant be beaten by anyone

But the unstoppable monster thing only works for heels. Once they turn face they're no longer unbeatable, with the notable exception of Andre. For instance, the Big Show, running roughshod through Austin and everyone until he turns face then he starts losing and looking very beatable. Kane, same story. Undertaker, looked downright scary against Hogan, who had to cheat to beat him at Tuesday in Texas or whatever it was called, and tore through everybody until he turned face, then it was losses against Kama Mustafa, Yokozuna. Mabel was the other way around (as was Mark Henry) can't win squat when they're cheered, title holders once they're heels. Big Bossman was unbeatable as Big Bubba Rogers and as half of the Twin Towers, then turned good and was basically a jobber. So I think it's overall a bad thing for Kong's career, but I understand why it was done.

I think thats probably the direction TNA is headed with all of this, but Russo will forget in two or three weeks if shes a face or a heel and she'll get caught in a love triangle with Saieed and Basheir, then kick both of their asses. Which would probably lead her to becoming more of a fake. Sorry, its so easy to take shots at TNA creative. Yeah, I agree with the majority that it probably was to reinforce the beautiful people as monster heels, outnumber the already gone kongtourage, and have either sky or angelina win the title. Likely the direction theyre going, but who the hell knows with TNA.

But the unstoppable monster thing only works for heels. Once they turn face they're no longer unbeatable, with the notable exception of Andre. For instance, the Big Show, running roughshod through Austin and everyone until he turns face then he starts losing and looking very beatable. Kane, same story. Undertaker, looked downright scary against Hogan, who had to cheat to beat him at Tuesday in Texas or whatever it was called, and tore through everybody until he turned face, then it was losses against Kama Mustafa, Yokozuna. Mabel was the other way around (as was Mark Henry) can't win squat when they're cheered, title holders once they're heels. Big Bossman was unbeatable as Big Bubba Rogers and as half of the Twin Towers, then turned good and was basically a jobber. So I think it's overall a bad thing for Kong's career, but I understand why it was done.

That's not necessarily true. Goldberg has always been the unstoppable monster type but he was a face for his entire (albeit short) wrestling career.
Same thing can be said for Akira Hokuto. Awesome Kong has been compared to many times to people like Vader and Goldberg. Even tho she's a heel she her and Saeed haven't done or said anything to make me want to hate her. Only thing she has done is just beat ass and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back