PWG Eight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbrownstone

Fucking Hostile
MAIN.jpg

I don't know exactly how many PWG fans we have on here but with a stacked card like this it definitely deserves it's own thread.

Like I said this card is absolutely stacked full of talent and great looking matches with 5 separate matches looking like they could steal the show if given the proper time. Best of all though, Kevin Steen, like the fucking machine he is, is wrestling twice on the same night.

Anyway lets take a look at this card shall we.

Davey Richards vs Claudio Castagnoli (c): This is one of those five matches I was talking about and probably the one I am most excited for from this show. ROH Champ vs PWG Champ for, correct me if I am wrong on this, what I think may be the first time ever. Just the possibility of seeing Davey become a double champ, however unlikely, makes this awesome. Apart from that though this should be an awesome match, both guys are very good in the ring and they have had some good battles in the past. I fell they haven't really had the opportunity to have a classic one on on match and if given a good amount of time this could be that classic. I expect Claudio to win as at this point Steen seems the most likely guy to take the title from him.

Young Bucks (A.K.A Gen Me) vs Steen/CIMA: Another awesome looking match, the Bucks have been awesome in PWG as of late as has Steen and throwing CIMA into the mix is absolutely never a bad thing. The only I see this suffering is if this happens to be Steens second match of the night and not his first, even then CIMA would probably do the bulk of the work and this will still be good. Im thinking the Bucks will win but since this is non title you never know.

Chris Hero vs Low Ki: Dream Rematch I This is a rematch 3 years in the making after these two had an awesome match at the 2008 Battle Of Los Angeles. If this match turns out half as good as that one this will still be awesome. Both guys have been really good of late (when arent they?) so I assume this will turn out as good as or better than that match. Not quite sure who will win but I will go out on a limb and say Hero.

Kevin Steen vs PAC: Dream Rematch II Again, as the title would suggest, this is a rematch from nearly 3 years ago from All Star Weekend 7, and agin that match was fucking awesome. It is also really cool to see PAC back in PWG after he has been gone for nearly three years, he may be nothing more than a mindless high flyer at times but damn he is fun to watch. Ill say Steen to win but that is a bit of a guess.

Shelly/Strong vs Generico/Ricochet: This should be another insanely fun match considering the amount of talent between the four men is through the roof. It is really cool to see Generation Next (Shelly/Strong for those who don't know) back as well. Really not much else to say here, this should just be an awesome tag match, Ill pick Gen Next to win but I'm not totally confident in that.

I am not going to go through the other matches because I have not real interest in the but those 5 alone should make the show worth watching. I really cant wait for this one to be released on DVD.

So what are your thoughts on this show? Are there even any more PWG fans on these forums (besides X that is) to give their thoughts...?

I travel to LA several times a year for work, and I'm dying to catch a PWG show at some point. You are indeed correct, this show is fucking stacked, better than a lot of ROH's house show cards if you measure the talent top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back