PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2014

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla will present its 10th annual BOLA on August 29, 30 and 31, in Reseda, California. This is the first three night, 24-man BOLA since 2007.

The final list of participants has been confirmed, and looks like this:

1. Matt Sydal
2. Drew Gulak (PWG debut)
3. Trevor Lee
4. Chris Sabin
5. Johnny Gargano
6. Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins, PWG debut)
7. Michael Elgin (ROH Champ)
8. Biff Busick (CZW Champ, PWG debut)
9. Kyle O'Reilly (PWG Champ and Defending BOLA champion)
10. Brian Cage
11. ACH
12. Zack Sabre Jr. (PWG debut)
13. Rich Swann
14. Trent?
15. Cedric Alexander
16. AJ Styles (IWGP Champ)
17. AR Fox
18. Chuck Taylor
19. Chris Hero
20. Roderick Strong (BOLA record 9th appearance)
21. Tommaso Ciampa
22. Adam Cole
23. Ricochet
24. Kenny Omega

Needless to say that this tournament is LOADED. It is also a very nice mix of PWG regulars, past PWG stars who have returned to the indy circuit, and brand new PWG names. So many classic matches could result once they start pairing these guys off. I'd hate to be the one making those booking decisions, but there is almost zero chance that this could be screwed up.

The one piece of disappointing news: No Kevin Steen. Further indication that he is surely WWE bound.

If I had to pick a winner now, my money is on Ricochet or Styles.

So...
BOLA 2014. Who ya got?

This lineup is absolutely incredible. I've been slacking a bit on my PWG viewing, but I will be purchasing this as soon as it comes out. I'm excited to see what Myers can do, but I am thrilled to see Kenny Omega coming back.

If I had to think about winners, AJ Styles, Kyle O'Reilly, and Ricochet would have to be my top 3, but I could easily see over half the field taking it home.

Richochet/Styles finale?
In the past 24-man BOLA's the final has been a 3-way. An O'Reilly/AJ/Ricochet final match feels really possible though.

In that case you could even have Kyle eliminated first, while having the wrestler who defeated him be eliminated next, finishing second. That could set up two world title matches, but you still keep Kyle looking strong by having him make it back to the finals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back