Push Or No Push?

-John-

Dark Match Jobber
I'll be doing this on quite a few shows. Here is a list of Smackdown Talent that you can post whether you will push them further than they already are or leave them at the standard they are. Here they are:

Vladamir Kozlov

Jeff Hardy

Thee Brian Kendrick

Montel Vontavious Porter

Shelton Benjimon?

Explain why you would push them or not.
Here's mine:

Vladamir Kozlov: He is an apsolute waste of space! He shouldn't even be a jobber on ECW. This is a classic case of WWE pushing someone because of their height. Fire imo

Jeff Hardy: No. His recent drug habits has completely put me off Hardy.

Thee Brian Kendrick: Yes. I would push him further, His current gimmick has got my into liking him and he seems a very believable heel.

Montel Vontavious Porter: Yes. This guy is a fantastic promo artist. He is also good in the ring and has a fantstic character.

Shelton Benjimon: I would not push him any further than his current rate. He has a zero charisma line and does nothing for the SD broadcast. In his promo's he looks stupid and cant talk.

You?

koslov i agree this guy is a waste of space. everyone else likes him. i dont know why. his moves absolutly remind me of khali. this like you said is vince being a idiot and pushing the bigger wrestlers.

jeff hardy i dont think i would judg jeff so quicly. first atleast he did not cause a scene at the airport and handled it like a adult. he waited for another flight. i say he was not even drunk. this is the dam wresling sites spreding rumors again like they always do. jeff needs to be champion beore or at wrestlemania. hhh is just boring the hell out of me.\

kenndrick wwe needs to keep pushing this kid as he is the best one on this list. he also has a icrediable talent and moves we may have yet to see.

shelton needs to stay in the upper mid card role he is in. i thin as soon as he developes his charisma he culd have a better future then now. this guy is the most gifted athlete in the wwetoday.

mvp wwe is screwing this guy up. they were doing anice job of pushing him until unforgiven. he got made to look like a jobber. he does not deserve this. ever since he argued backstage he has gone downhill. wwe is blowing this talent big time. this is the next rock we have been looking for.

im going to add kennedy to the list. this guy like mvp is a talent star screaming push me to the stars. this is our next austin we want. he ozzes the same charisma and has above average ring skills.

bottom line mvp= rock kennedy= austin then you get mvp vs kennedy. easily the future wwe needs now. hey creative i even spelled it out for you.

Most of these guys are already getting pushed.

Vladimir Kozlov: Well they already seem to be pushing him as an unstoppable monster and IMO, I think it's working. He just needs to get a better finisher and he could be a contender for the US title, and maybe get a WWE title shot, but not win.

Jeff Hardy: IMO, I say no. But the WWE are pushing him as well. I don't see why they should, to me his matches are pretty repetitive and even though his style is different, I don't really enjoy it after seeing it 1000 times.

The Brian Kendrick: Another guy that's getting pushed. I haven't actually seen much of this guy, I've been away for a while. From what i've seen of him before, he looks a little bit stupid, but his gimmick would've progressed since then. Except I still don't like his finisher. I think he should be given a push into the mid card, he could hold his own there.

MVP: This guy is seriously overrated. I've never seen why everyone thinks so highly of him. I say he shouldnt get pushed, he's probably going to drift off soon anyway unless given a feud.

Shelton Benjamin: He's got the US title, he just needs to be given a feud. I think he should be pushed into these feuds, as I can seesome wasted potential in him and he could put on some really good matches with some of the other Smackdown mid carders.

Vladamir Kozlov The guy is getting pushed and yes, I think he makes a great edition to the main event. If this guy gets built up as a legitimate heel then he could be the next Nikitia Koloff. He has a great phyisique and I like the fact that his gimmick isn't about the fact he is from Russia and just about the sheer brutality he brings to the wrestling ring, a run with the title though and the IWC will go bezzerk by saying he can't wrestler etc. I say get with the times, have him become the next top heel on Smackdown. Have him beat and bully his way past anyone and then throw him in a feud against Undertaker defending the younger guys, there is alot you could do with him.

Jeff Hardy Why it is too dangerous to give him the strap for a prolongued period there is no harm keeping him in the main-event, if he wasn't so over there would be no reason keeping him around at all. If he goes over Tripple H I for one would mark out hard but it should be a one time thing, he should drop the title to Koslov if this happens as they really can't risk him looseing it and going on a downward drug induced spiral whilst Champion.

Thee Brian Kendrick They should have kept him in the mid-card, reasonably entertaining but I wouldn't ever realisticaly believe he could beat Triple H toe to toe, and if that's the case then there is no need for him to be anywhere near the main-event, why not throw him into a feud with Shelton over the US championship making a few more of the mid-card matches mean something. Despite Smackdown doing a much better job than RAW of turning young talent into stars they still should do something about the mid-card. Kendrick wont draw big as the WWE Champion, he wont add anything as the top guy. To the Mid-Card though he could be the guy who makes it intresting again.

Montel Vontavious Porter Overrated. Reasonable enough talent and over enough to be in the upper mid-card but that's all he should ever amount too. A good gimmick but doesn't have what it takes to make a succesful champion in my opinion.

Shelton Benjamin This guy on the other hand does have talent. He did well after the WGTT split to reinvent himself and save himself from going the way of the Hass. Has a good look and one day I could see him in the main event. They shouldn't rush it though with Triple H, Edge, Undertaker, Big Show, Kozlov (hopefully) and Jeff Hardy being ahead of him. This is the time to experiment with him as long as they don't ruin him. Give him some exciting feuds over his US championship, particuly with Kendrick and then hopefully when his time comes he will be ready.

Vladamir Kozlov: Not much. I don't think he's impressive in the slightest bit. To me, he's Smackdown's equivalent of Snitsky/Palumbo/Neely/Knox. They're all just big guys that aren't big enough to be "monster heels" but are too big not to play the powerhouse game, and none of them particularly show me anything great (the best being Knox). I hope they have Kozlov defeat Khali, followed by a release of Khali (his spot is more than filled with Big Show, Ezekiel, and Umaga) and use Kozlov as the antithesis of Festus - a big guy in the midcard. I don't think he should touch the upper midcard, nor do I think he should win a title unless he's packaged into a tag team, and even then it depends on who he's teaming with.

Jeff Hardy: Yes. Honestly, I see Hardy being the WWE's full equivalent to RVD...a guy who is talented, but not the best, is over with the crowd and has a strong fan base, but may win the title once or twice and not have particularly amazing feuds, so he'll go back down to a main event/upper midcard fan favorite. I hope he proves me wrong, though. I hope he gets a run with the WWE title and does fantastic to the point where he becomes a solid champion choice and can have a few more title reigns. But honestly you can never tell. I wouldn't have booked Hardy to face HHH at No Mercy. I'd have booked him to keep getting screwed out of a #1 contender's spot (as well as having feuds along the way) until he wins the 2009 Royal Rumble and beats a HEEL HHH at WrestleMania for it. He'll definitely lose to HHH at No Mercy, probably be voted in by the fans to have a rematch at Cyber Sunday which he'll lose, and we'll get HHH vs Big Show at Survivor Series, etc.

The Brian Kendrick: As big of a fan as I am, no. I think they should slow down. Kendrick went from being a jobber to being in main event title hunts and I think it will hurt him in the long run if they keep this up. Put him in a feud with Hardy or someone until The Colons take the titles from Ryder/Hawkins. Then have Kendrick and Ezekiel defeat them and have a decent run with the tag titles. Then give Kendrick the US title (unless he's moved over to Raw by this time, then give him the IC title, which I'd prefer to have if I were in the WWE as it gives you contention for the Triple Crown and US doesn't). Continue pushing Kendrick, but not so hard and so fast that if he makes one mistake (or if Creative makes one booking mistake) that it makes him crash and burn.

MVP: For some reason they're hesitant at making him a solid main event star. I don't see why. I wouldn't give him the title just yet, but I think they should start having him win a few matches and look more credible.

Shelton Benjamin: I've been very impressed by Shelton and I think he's doing a great job improving his game. He's not quite good enough to be a main event player, though. I say, keep him as US champion until a GOOD contender comes up (not R-Truth as he's terrible) and when you have him drop it, give Shelton an upper midcard feud and ease him into the main event. In my opinion, if Shelton keeps up his improvements, he should definitely be a world title contender by this time next year....maybe even a Money in the Bank winner (though I'd much rather have Morrison win it next year instead).

I dont mean this a bitch, im just curious;Could somebody explain why Jeff Hardy should be champ? I know he's over, but so was Rey. Jeff has no charisma imo, his mic skills are at Sheltons level, probably worse. He does do some entertaining things in the ring, but is mostly a spot monkey. Dont get me wrong, i love seeing him leap off 15ft ladders, but as a world champ? No thanks.

Kozlov-Ive only really seen him decimate HHH and Hardy. He'd work as a contender for the titles who never wins them because he's big hard bastard, but is beyond boring at the same time.

MVP-I wouldnt say he's the next Rock, no sir. But he is charismatic and can wrestle, his match with Benoit for the U.S. a coupla years back was impressive. I can see him as champ, a pretty good heel champ at that.

Kendrick-Main eventer? Not unless he fills out abit. WWE seem to be going the HBK route with hm-cocky youngster with a bodyguard. Kendrick can wrestle, and is good with the mic, but is just to scrawny for me to see him as the top dog on smackdown. I know its a stupid thing to say, but its true. I do like him though, if he builds up abit, it could work.

Shelton-Just needs to improve his mic skills, and he can mainevent. personally i think being a face suits him better, he cant really do heel promos. But he could be like the new Bret Hart-the gus who's so good he can brag about it, and back it up.

Mr Kennedy-Absolute mainevent in waiting, he has it all. Should only be a matter time before he is mainevent.

Kozlov- I've actually liked this guy so far. He keeps asking for competition and I think they could give him some pretty soon. Let him destroy a fan favourite and become a heel contender for the WHC. Don't let him win it, but I feel that if ur gonna push him he should get some PPV time.

Jeff- Please don't push him. I just can't get into this guy. Sure he's over, but I think its risky to give him a long run at the top.

The Brian Kendrick- I never liked him with London, but since they changed him gimmick I think hes awesome He probably won't ever be WHC but I would give him at least a US Title run. He deserves a push.

Shelton Benjamin- Leave him where he is. imo he does'nt have the mic skills to be right at the top.

MVP- He might be overrated, but I still find him entertaining to watch. I'd love to see him beat Triple H for the title

There are 2 other guys I'd like to see pushed - Carlito and Gregory 'Hurricane' Helms.. tell me what you think?

Vladamir Kozlov - Would I push him? Not yet. He's a very dominant, solid, and well-build destructive pouncing monster but unfortunately where is the intellect? Instead in replacement of that is a dingbat brain that doesn't have any grasp of the english language. It completely sucks that they have such monsters these days without the common clear english. To be quite honest, they shouldn't push Kozlov to quickly towards the WWE Championship. I reckon he should have passed through the mid-card division first and massacre the faces and heels, some by pinfall and some by countout as to not vastly demote the talent and even square off with Kendrick's personal manager (who I by the way think should get in the ring himself) and then subsequently, they could slowly put him with the top dogs. His shoot was too quick to the top. He just assaulted Hardy and then went after HHH. Too quick. So, let's see, he has ring ability, no grasp of english or mic skills however he's what the WWE's got on SD and pretty good. But they should have built him up more before this major upward shoot in my opinion.

Jeff Hardy - Would I push him? Of course and he is being pushed. But I'd be scared to give him the primary title. Jeff Hardy is an astounding high-flying warrior with a lion's heart and dedication to the business and its fans to sacrifice his body in daredevil stunts. But his head is too full of influential substances for him to realize that he's jeopardizing his professional career and opportunistic chance to rise to prominence, to become the frontline man, to become the WWE Champion. WWE cannot rely or trust Jeff Hardy for fear that he continues to entangle himself with his drug habits and misrepresent as the lead man of the company which ultimately makes WWE look bad business-wise in the public and critic eyes. I mean recently already, we're hearing trouble with Hardy and his cocktail drinking between two different plane flights and luckily it was no drugful substance as his career would be shattered and terminated in WWE on third strike. Hardy needs to pull himself together professionally and somehow seize his moment. He's worked too hard to throw his career away in the gutter. Hardy needs to stand up and take what belongs to him. Cut the nonsense out. It's his life, his call, and if he screws up, he has himself utterly to blame. Good luck in all respects Jeff Hardy! Hope he wins at No Mercy and stays out of trouble.

The Brian Kendrick - Would I push him, yes, in the mid-card like he is being. This smug and arrogant Rock-star-type young athletic rising star is on the rise with good amount of talent. I don't like his finisher too much by the way but ok, passable. He gets over with me microphone-wise and wrestling-wise. Don't think his bodyguard does much for him now, he could possibly spread his own wings and fly. Now, as we see, Kendrick is on the rise to the top? Yes he is, though I am inclined to disagree with that move. I believe for the time being and like he's doing, should be ablazing the mid-card division and putting on five star matches with Shelton Benjamin, R-Truth, and even Dykstra. I'd send over Rey and Evan from RAW to keep the mid-card flowing on SD and trade over MVP to RAW to prevent his burial. But yeah, Kendrick is a definite for pushing, just not to the top, he can be kept pushed to the middle for the time being.

Montel Vontavious Porter - Would I push him? Not on SmackDown. Tired of him on SD and besides, I think he'd just be setback. MVP is a stylish, Ric Flair-inspired, balling superstar, not really gonna even say talent really but he's got some. Is he overrated? Not really. But Poor MVP and the way he's been used. He used to be a bit better in my eyes before Matt Hardy returned for his sorry ass at WrestleMania 24, where thereafter, their feud re-initiated since MVP took out M. Hardy's leg. From there on out, MVP has plummeted by losing the U.S Title and other bouts to Hardy in sequence and lessened in interest in the ring. Basically, he's become boring in the ring now. Perhaps, a fresh moveset could do his some assist and add in a high flying technique. I'd give him a push on RAW with that dead-beat Kane and have Kane put him over good, 'cause that's all Kane is really good for these days. Then soon enough, Shawn Michaels would be next to do his gifted job of containing himself and making others look good for MVP. Thereafter, MVP should get better and better from there.

Shelton Benjamin - Would I push Benjamin? Yes. The technically-sound talent and gifted amateur background wrestler that The Golden Standard, Shelton Benjamin is, is amazing. I always enjoy his matches. He should be a definite push. It's his time, his season to shine. But those vocals are nothing close to glossy. It's a nails over chalkboard feeling when he speaks on the mic. Completely horrible. What compensates for him is his astounding in-ring ability, that is above and beyond. I just think maybe Shelton needs a charismatic speaker for him to play mouthpiece and help get him up there. Shelton is awesome, may botch here and there, but yeah, Shelton is truly awesome.

Vladamir Kozlov - I can see him as a mid-card wrestler and not much else. Granted I haven't really seen him wrestle, but he doesn't have much in my eyes that make him stand out as someone who could be a main eventer. But given the right storyline and fued I wouldn't mind seeing him have some type of midcard title..

Jeff Hardy - I can't picture him as a main event champion. I don't have a real problem with him being in main event matches, but I wouldnt really want to see him win. I've never liked his promos, even though he hasnt had a ton, and I'm not a hugeee fan of his matches. I would rather see him in nice fueds, or being in the big match, but not winning.

Thee Brian Kendrick - I reallyyy like his gimmick right now, so if he keeps going like he is, I'd have no problem with him being champion. But saying that, I wouldn't want it to be in the next few months because it would seem far too soon, he's only been being pushed what, a couple of months?. In time, I'd enjoy him as a champion if things keep going right.

Montel Vontavious Porter - I've always been a huge fan of MVP. I am surprised he hasn't had a real main-event fued yet. I believe in the next couple of years he'll definitely be a lot more involved in the main-event, and hopefully become a champion. I'd love having MVP as a champion, I really love his character, promos, and matches. He has great carisma and is a veryy good heel.

Shelton Benjimon - I recognise that Shelton has great wrestling skills, but to me, thats as far as it goes. And there arent many people aside from Chris Benoit and a couple others who actually win the WWE or WHC on mainly wrestling skills alone.. I like where he is now, and I don't think he should become a jobber or anything else.. I see him the same way as Jeff Hardy... I'd like to see him involved in good fueds, and either the US or Intercontinental champ.

Vladamir Koslov - Reminds me of Umaga. A big, foreign, freakish character that likes beating people up. This is a beat em up game, so I'd push him. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but I think he could be a top tier heel. Hell, I'd team him up with Umaga and get Estrada back as a handler. Then you have a tag team that can cause some damage. I'm talking like Brothers of Destruction damage. However, this just feeds into my dream of rebuilding the tag team division.

Jeff Hardy - The WWE has all the potential in the world right here. He is so over that his head might pop off. He is on the show that can afford to push a younger champion. He can have good rivalries with the top heels. I'd definately push him, but I don't see many Heavyweight championship reigns in his future. I see his reign being a mix of RVD and CM Punk; lots of fluke wins and beating people he probably shouldn't. However, that is how the WWE gets people over, so why not? He could also have lots of memerable gimmick matches.

The Brian Kendrick - He came out of no where and is already one of my favorite heels in the past few years. I'd push him, but slowly. He and Zeke need to get Tag Team gold soon, or have Kendrick pick up the US title. One way or another, it needs to make Zeke seem credible as a bodyguard and make Kendrick seem like he is getting somewhere. I'd want Zeke to be the Diesel to HBK, and I'd want Kendrick to look like a young Edge. He can be someone who wins lots of Midcard titles and feuds, and finally (some time from now) wins a major title. Zeke could also benfit in a huge way from this. So, I'd push them both, but again, slowly.

MVP - He is the Rock of the new generation. Cuts amazing promos, yet isn't pushed enough. He needs to get a little more Gold hungry, and really start pushing for a title. I honestly could see him being the first person to hold the US and WWE titles at the same time (in my memory). He is one of Smackdown's best heels, and can wrestle a good match too. Sure, he needs a wrestling finisher other than the Kick. But other than this, he has what it takes. PUSH him.

Shelton Benjamin - I like Shelton, a lot. He has had the best Wrestling ability in the WWE for years, and yet hasn't made it anywhere huge. This is mainly because of his charisma, or lack there of. For this, I can't see him with any heavyweight gold. However, on tag teams and for midcard titles, he is golden, as he doesn't need so much mic work. So for this, I'd say to leave him at his current level. He really won't excel if he goes much further, so leave him in the comfort zone.

Vladimir Kozlov: This guy has been impressive from the start (not counting the "Double Double E" stuff on Raw a couple of years back...) since he came to SmackDown and is one of the best big men in the business. He can play the power game like no other. I don't like his finisher though...he's a tough, no-nonsense competitor and guys like him are needed today. Whether or not I would push him...I don't know. I wouldn't push him yet, but with a change of finisher and a different main event scene, I may do it sometime in the future.

Jeff Hardy: Jeff Hardy deserves to be pushed. He may be a tad unreliable, but with risk comes great rewards sometimes. Jeff could be the most over guy in WWE right now and even a lot of the IWC likes Jeff. His matches are always among my favourites in a year...definitely one of the WWE's hardest workers and deservant of a push. I would wait until WM25 to give him a world title though...it would be enough time to have WWE's faith in him restored and winning the title at WrestleMania just makes it that much bigger.

The Brian Kendrick: Ah, what can one say? Going from a tag team jobber on Raw to one of the most promising stars I can remember having seen for years. It's just indescribable. I would take his push slow though...some midcard titles, perhaps tag team gold for him and Zeke and then have him win MITB. Nobody likes a guy being pushed down one's throat.

Montel Vontavious Porter: I've said it a couple of times before and I'll say it again, MVP has the tools to make it big. Mic natural and a good wrestler. But whether or not I would push him right now...I don't know. He's still got to improve a bit before he becomes a major player. Could have him win the Rumble in 2010. But right now, he needs to improve just a slight tad before he can enter the main event.

Shelton Benjamin: Shelton has all the wrestling skills in the world. But he has less charisma than a wet mop. Shelton's just one of those guys who will seemingly never get over no matter how good his wrestling is. I personally like(d) his US championship push and reign, but if that won't get him over with the fans I wonder what will. I don't see a Benjamin push ever going succesfully. Sorry dude. No push for Benjamin.

Vladamir Kozlov- for some odd reason i like this guy, he has the size and he has the look. This man could go places if pushed right. the only real beef i have with this guy is his finisher, but hey he has high impact moves so the reverse DDT is basically icing on the cake. So i say push him, but not to hard because you could easily ruin him by giving him to someone like HHH.

Jeff Hardy- I say push. Why? Because people love him and he entertains the crowd on a weekly basis.

The Brian Kendrick- I cant stand him. He is way over pushed, he went from being a jobber to a star in less than a month. his gimmick is terrible, even though he impressed me in the scramble, i say dont push him because he bores me. Turning someone heel and giving him a manager isnt always the way to go.

MVP- I love him, he is charismatic, he has good mic skills, and he's solid in the ring. the WWE is holding back because of his past but he has the talent and the look to go far. I say push him but not too hard. He just needs to win his fair share of matches here and there

Shelton Benjamin- No, he has the charisma of a lead pencil.

Funny, all the guys chosen are currently getting pushes.

Kozlov: definitly needs a push. He's to good for the lower middle card scene and damnit it is getting annoying seeing him clobber cruiserweights and jobbers. I understand an unbeaten streak to start careers, but I hate when they go so long against lower card wrestlers. Umaga was beating the HHH's, Micheal"s and and Cena's 4-5 months into his debut. Kozlov is actually not a bad wrestler, a little sloppy at times, but he can do some cool moves and I love the reverse DDT and how he gracefully flips them into position for it. and his gimmick is good too. What could get more heat than a mad russian?

Hardy: I like him and WWE likes that he's hip to the young crowd so they want him to be a success, so he will continue to get a push. But because of his little suspensions, the WWE is going to be extremly careful if they do. They wouldn't want it to blow up in their faces if he gets a third strike. Dispite the danger he brings to the table, I say they should push him because he's a talented wrestler and way over with the crowd.

The Brian Kendrick: is awesome nothing more needs to be said.

MVP: Solid talent, all he simply needs is that big win to offically bring him up to the Mainevent, like a RR win or more likely a MITB win. Definitly deserves a big push and soon as he's becoming lost with all the other middlecard heels.

Benjamin: Like all the others, solid wrestler and he's improving on the mic, but I think they should wait on him a bit. The WWE should build him slowly, let him improve his mic skills more and push him when he's good a ready to dominant the mainevent scene.

The Brian Kendrick: K, I figure I should say a bit more about Kendrick. I've loved the entire package he brings to the table, the jackets, the music, the dancing. I love his wrestling style now too, how he waits and bides his time to strike and is pinpoint with his kicks and attacks. I think that if they continue to give him the right push and have him upset a few people we'd all expect him to loss to, then I think he could become a regular in the mainevent scene within 2 years.

From what ive seen, Kozlov gets virtually no crowd reaction. Obviously having him gun for HHH and Hardy will change that. But id ive done this:

Have Kozlov take Bigs Show place in the Vicky/Taker angle. Ultimately, battling Taker and maybe picking up a victory would get him over quicker. Plus Taker is well known for putting people over. Save for DDP i cant really think of anyone who hasnt benefitted from Taker.

Doing that would mean Big Show could be used against someone else-i cant say im overly excited about seeing Show/Taker again. HHH v Show would work purely because its two big names in a feud over the WWE title, which if nothing else improves buyrate. Whilst this is being played, Hardy could be put in a feud with...Kendrick. That would be a good way of giving Kendrick time against someone who is bigtime over and seeing how he runs with it, whilst giving Hardy a chance to maybe work on his promos and dispel any concerns over his reliability.

Moving MVP may actually be a good idea. he's been on Smackdown too long and is in danger of getting stale. Personally, i dont think MVP/Matt Hardy was a worthwhile feud to have, but thats just me. On paper at least, it doesnt look appealing.

Id like to throw in that i hope the Colons get a lengthy push as tag champs. Hawkins and Ryder are sooo dull-even being in the Edge/Taker/Vicky story did jack for them. But the Colons are entertaining and good in the ring. No doubt Carlito will go heel and attack Primo one day, i just hope its not for awhile.

I also think Umaga should get a good push when he returns. He's more or less seen as a mianeventer now, and would certainly be an unexpected WWE champ. As a monster heel, id say having Jeff win the title [if he must] from Umaga would be better. He's already beaten HHH afterall. But having the strap on Umaga for awhile [have him go over HHH,maybe even Taker] would create a fresh WWE title feud, and add to the history between Jeff and Umaga.Plus the buildup to that match would obviously be along the lines of 'How can Jeff possibly beat Umaga'. No thinks he will, then he does, everybody creams.

Vladamir Kozlov - Don't see the appeal of him in all honesty, and he sounds like a Polish builder (yeah I know it's a stereotype, but it's one I cant shake off). It's VERY early days for Kozlov though and he is slowly improving in my opinion, I'll fence sit on this one, because I think the direction he is going in is just fine, I'm sure he will fade into obscurity in the next year anyway.

Jeff Hardy - Leave him as is, but keep pushing him. I think Hardy is a tremendous "2nd guy" because he has never been champion and that is something we all think whenever Hardy is close, "Will this be his time", I'd rather he was not Champion until he is coming into the twilight of his career, and I mean retiring not by getting himself released. He is a good chaser, so I think he needs to stay about where he is now, constantly being a top performer but never quite making it (until he is closeish to retiring).

The Brian Kendrick - Hmm, Kendrick needs Kennedy IMO, there is noone really for him to face under HHH and Hardy who will be good opposition and would be realistic for Kendrick to beat fairly, he could be a US Champion but first we would need R-Truth to become champion so it isn't Heel vs. Heel. Might R-Truth be a future wrestler for this topic?

Montel Vontavious Porter - Have him as the heel Hardy, always almost there, but never there, MVP is Championship Material IMO, mainly because I think he is amazing, I tend to like the arrogant cocky wrestlers a lot. He has the attributes to be champion, but he does not have "it" yet and until he has "it" I think we just need him to be feuding with people consistently (he had a rather barron period after Matt Hardy and he stopped feuding), keep him in the spotlight and try and push him to within close proximity of the very top.

Shelton Benjamin - I don't see the problem with his mic work at all, it doesn't sound wrong to me at all, maybe people latched onto something and are just sayig it because other people are because there is nothing wrong with it. Very good wrestler, one thing I will say is - I can't see him being champion unless a lot of the matches are gimmick matches, sure he can do the odd jump onto the ropes in a match, but he is not very impactful as a wrestler, so he needs props to help him IMO. But yeah, I would push Shelton under the right circumstances.

Koslov needs to keep getting pushed as a monster, there are too many guys here that aren't believable enough to take the belt from HHH, since I'm not quite sure Hardys taking it right now. How much more does Hardy need to be pushed? Hes where he needs to be, main eventing, but he needs to win it or get out. MVP needs to stop losing. I think a face turn would do him good. Benjamin I'd like to see pushed more. hes had some good matches with HHH, and a while a win may be shocking, its understanding, and people wouldn't hate it. As for Kendrick, hes good too, but his size is a problem. I huge push for him would lead me to believe that Ezekiel will be the next big thing. 2 other guys I like, Killings and Helms, I would like pushed. They are entertaining and good in the ring. It looks like Killings will be getting his, and Helms is getting TV time while on his way back, which is a good sign. If WWE would hold on toohim as an ex WCW Champ, who dates a TNA star, after hurting, himself, after 17 months, then they must like him lol. Just kidding, but they easily could have released him like others. The future looks great for Smackdown, my only problem is, is if 96% of US gets mynetworktv, why in the hell do I have to be in the 4% that doesnt?

Vladamir Kozlov - I like the guy, but he still needs to prove to me that he deserves his current push. I can't remember the last Kozlov match that went for longer than 6 minutes and that I thoroughly enjoyed. I like his character, even though it could be improved as he seems a little too bland at the moment. But I think they are pushing him too fast for a guy that hasn't put on one good match since debuting in the WWE. He is definately not ready for a feud with Triple H or Jeff Hardy for that matter. He would make a good United States Champion at the moment, but he is definately not ready to be a main event superstar.

Jeff Hardy - I'm a huge fan of Jeff Hardy, even though I don't agree with what he does outside the ring. He is way over with the fans and has been built up very good in my opinion. Having him come so close to the WWE Title is a good storyline, but it can only run so far. I believe Hardy should be the man to win the Royal Rumble match and go on to become the WWE Champion at Wrestlemania 25. His matches are always consistant and always entertains me and many others on a weekly basis. The guy has worked his ass off for 2 years straight and deserves to win the big one.

The Brian Kendrick - The guy has talent, no doubt about it. His gimmick and his bodyguard are awesome. But he is being pushed too much, too quickly. He went from a jobber on Raw alongside Paul London, to main eventing a pay per view on Smackdown in a matter of only a few months. He completely skipped the mid-card level that guys like Kofi Kingston are competing at the present moment. His matches are almost always good and he is damn entertaining. For some reason he hasn't gained much heel heat yet from the fans, but give it time and eventually he will be booed out of the building. He deserves to win the United States Title until he is ready for to become a main eventer. My only problem is that he looks way too small to be competing with the big boys. A little de-push certainly wont hurt him.

Montel Vontavious Porter - I have always been a fan of M.V.P since late 2006. The guy has good mic skills and constantly wrestles a decent match. He has it all to become the next 'big thing'. His heel character is cocky and he plays his role brilliantly. I can definately see him wearing the WWE Championship as soon as next year. He should be the man to win the 2009 Money in the Bank ladder match and should use that opportunity late next year (around November/December) to capture the WWE Championship. Preferably from The Undertaker as I think that feud has great potential. I can actually see him turning face one day as his character can work as a face or heel depending on the booking. I think he is at the right position at the moment and shouldn't be pushed anymore until next year.

Shelton Benjamin - It wasn't too long ago that Shelton was in a meaningless tag team with Charlie Haas on Raw. The move to ECW was shortlived, but it benefitted him in many ways. Soon after, he is amazingly drafted to Smackdown and was soon the United States Champion. Its about time the guy is receiving a push. Benjamin has good wrestling ability but still lacks the good mic skills that most main eventers need to become a success. But for some reason, I just can't see him winning a World Title as I think there are more deserving candidates that are at his level, eg: John Morrison, MVP and Mr Kennedy. He is at the position where he should be but has some potential to make it big in the next few years. I do like his current push and gimmick.

Vladamir Kozlov - push him. he's a good talent and he plays a good monster. he would make a great mid-card champion. He would also make a good ECW champion or maybe someday a WWE champion.

Jeff Hardy - The fans want it , So yes Jeff should get a WWE title reign. He deserves it.

The Brian Kendrick -HELLZ YES!!! They should give Kendrick the U.S title and give him a Gregory Helms type push. That meaning the announcers tout him as a under used talent that could be a future world champion.

Montel Vontavious Porter - Meh , He's ok but i dont think he should get a push just yet. I say give him the MITB at Wrestlemania 25. That would kick start a great heel push.

Shelton Benjiman - Maybe a ECW title. Thats about it

Vladamir Kozlov:push because he's good at being a monster and looks impressive and he has an intense look that suits him but so far we've only seen him in squash matches so i'll wait and see how the progress with trips and hardy works out for him.

Jeff Hardy:push because this guy is uber over and its time for something fresh on smackdown i hope we can see jeff hardy winning the wwe championship at no mercy but i wouldnt count on that

The Brian Kendrick:No.I dont like this guy for various things.He moves around like a drunk, his moveset isnt that different from brian kendrick, and his promo's lack major heat so let him go with the mvp route first some experience and then the main event status.

Montel Vontavious Porter:push this man is brilliant on the mic he can wrestle a decent match and i would absolutely love to see the wwe belt on him but if all that is to happen wwe has to stop making him look like a cowardy heel and turn him into a strong type of heel who cheats when needed to like randy orton

Shelton Benjamin:Meh push just because of his athleticism he gets my vote.If this guy had mic skills the sky would be the limit so i hope he improves with his pre taped promo's and looking dominant with the us belt but seriously he needs to stop refering him self as the gold standard

Kozlov- This is a guy I would push even farther then he is already being pushed. Here is why first the guy is a different kind of monster not you normal run of the mill typical power move wrestler monster. He uses Kicks and sambo throws and headbuts all of which get the jo b done. The other reason and this is the biggest is the fact that he gets natural heat due to being russian. Nobody else on this list can generate that kind of heat this guy can because he is truly a Russian athlete it works. A russian Monster destroying everything in his path it is perfect.

jeff Hardy- Honestly i dont think Jeff Hardy deserves to be where he is right now. He uses the same crappy spots over and over and they get worse everytime he uses them. He just isn't world champion material. I could see him as a US champ or intercontinental champ at best.

Kendrick- This guy i like because he is great in the ring. He can do anything that Hardy can do and he does it better. He can mat wrestle and he has some impressive striking ability. His persona is coming alone and with that Monster bodyguard next to him I say push him farther.

MVP- I am a fan of MVP but his in ring work as of late has been horrible. I think this guy is a future world Champ and possibly the next Rock when it comes to his personailty but he needs to keep his in ring work up to par. Right now he should stay where he is.

Benjamin- Benjamin has all the in ring ability you could ever hope for a guy to have. But he doesn't have a drop of personality and his gimmicks suck, He can't use a mic and it kills him. I would love to see him Pushed but how far can you push a guy who can't gain an ounce of heat.

Vladimir Kozlov-He has already proven that he can wrestle better than Khali, Henry, Snitsky, Knox, and such but he also has proved that he can be a legit top heel. I still feel like his in-ring work leaves something to be desired their is no denying he can work pretty well in the ring with others. His gimmick(as the anti-american)is dated and has been done a thousand times before but somehow Kozlov pulls it off better than most who have done it in the past few years. He seems to have more personality than most big men, and he seems to improve so I say push him. I just hope he doesn't becoming the IWC golden boy and then go nowhere(Umaga).

Jeff Hardy: The man is a stupid, reckless, addict. With that being said addiction is hard so we can't really judge him. We say he's stupid for turning to drugs but if your addicted nothing else matters. I just hope that he can stay clean because he does deserve to push. People hate him for being a spot monkey with weak mic skills, but none of that matters. He is really over with the fans and he can put on good matches without ladders(Hardy Vs. Umaga, Hardy Vs. HBK). I think the WWE should lay it all on the line and push Hardy to the top but if or when he fails it will be bye bye Hardy.

"The Brian Kendrick: Kendrick being a highflying cruiserwight already gets loved by most IWC fans, but unlike some cruiserwights, Kendrick has more than enough charisma to climb the ranks. He also has pretty good mic skills and if it wasn't for his size, probably would have already gotten majorly pushed, but regardless he deserves to be given a shot.

MVP: Another classic example of the IWC golden boy. When he first came to the WWE, most people hated the guy. They mocked his style & ability and shrugged him off. Then he began to improve and worked with Beniot who no doubt helped him and than he became a legend to most of the IWC. While he's mic work is really great and he has the charisma, he's ring work isn't the best. And beyond that he almost seems to be de-proveing instead of improving more. WWE creative may be blamed for this but I think MVP needs to step up his overall game and when he does that he will become a permanent player at the main event level. Until then they should still push him accordingly.

Shelton Benjamin: Benjamin is athletic as they get. He can fly around the ring like no other while still maintaing a great knowledge of basic mat wrestling most likely helped by his amuture days. The thing about Benjamin is, he has been given chances and the fans don't really seem to respond to him well. While he still get's boo'd its nothing at the level of other wrestlers in his position like Umaga, MVP, ect. I say if this US title reign doesn't get better and if it doesn't elevate him then he shouldn't get pushed right now.

Vladamir Kozlov:
Kozlov is on a roll with the way creative is working with him, and they should keep working with him, and have HHH sell injuries and attacks the way he is right now. Of course, I still think Kozlov needs a mouthpiece, but not one that is currently on the WWE roster right now. What I would want to see is a "Jimmy Hart"-esqe type of mouthpiece on Kozlov, possibly brought up from the developmental territories, and make this new guy have Kozlov dismantle HHH and Hardy. Don't have Kozlov lose for nearly a year more, until someone big and known can take him down, and even then, it would be quite a struggle for the veteran powerhouse, even make Kozlov's first loss a screwjob loss.

Jeff Hardy
No. Hardy has been given several pushes, and he deliberately fucks it up for himself. Just recently, he was late for a Smackdown showing, and before he's been screwing everything up for himself. I think he is a high risk wrestler, and shouldn't be given the top prize until he can manage his priorities and get everything straight. Jeff Hardy reminds me a lot of how Scott Hall is, except without the sexual harassment lawsuits, the toothpick, the "Hey-Yo!" and a little more color to his hair.

The Brian Kendrick
No. The Brian Kendrick is a great and talented wrestler, but he will always be a mid-carder, and with Big Zeke by his preppy rocker side, he's more for a push to US Title and Tag Title shots, but nothing more.

Montel Vontavious Porter
Yes. MVP is the MVP of Smackdown, and with a little more honing to his skills and a major push into the top card slot, this guy will be a great heel and a great champion. MVP has charisma, and I think since he isn't the US champ right now, WWE should place him in the fight with HHH (or Hardy if/when he gets the WWE belt) and make an example out of them, mean streets style. Hell, he even Breathes Right for Christ's sake!

Shelton Benjamin?
No. He's been with the company quite a while and I don't think he has the "spark" that all the WWE champs in the past had. He is an awesome mat wrestler, but Benjamin cannot entertain, or from what I see from my standpoint. Every week he cuts a boring "Gold Standard" promo comparing himself to other pieces of "gold." Boring. Cut and dry. Stale. Throw it to the birds.

Vladamir Kozlov

I'm not entirely sold on him main eventing yet, but he does have a big role to play with Umaga gone. Personally, I like Umaga better at this point, and if a monster is going to main event on SmackDown, I'd rather it be Umaga. I could honestly see Umaga as a World Champion, and I can't really say the same out of Koslov at this moment. Koslov, however, is doing an awesome job getting heat, and Umaga is hurt. Koslov is getting his chance and he's shining. To be fair, however, we have not seen how well he performs in a high profile match, and this week on SmackDown we can get a good look at it. Koslov vs Hardy should be a great indicator of how well he can do, and I have a lot of hope for him. Koslov deserves a push and deserves a championship, but he's only been here a few months and has never held gold. I don't have a problem with him fighting as the big time monster heel until Umaga gets back, but once Umaga can fill that gap, Koslov as a US Champion would be better to build up to World Champion one day. Plus, how awesome would Koslov as United States Champion be? He'd get so much heat it wouldn't be funny. Koslov could also be a hell of an ECW Champion one day.

Jeff Hardy

Absolutely yes. The world isn't perfect, and nobody in it is. People do drugs. A lot of wrestlers have done drugs. You know who else did drugs? Let's see. How about Hulk Hogan? You know he was juicing. Oh, maybe steroids don't count? Steroids are worse for you than pot. Yeah, pot will mess you up, but no worse than cigarettes. Some studies suggest it's better than cigarettes. Steroids can destroy your heart, and they give you an unfair advantage in the business. So, if you ask me, steroids are a lot worse for a wrestler to take than pot. Hulk Hogan did steroids. Bret Hart did steroids. I'll bet you before the Wellness Policy, damn near everyone did steroids. So don't judge Hardy because he has smoked pot. It's better than steroids, and he's working on keeping clean. You really want to go off on him for being late to work? Have you ever, in your entire job history, been late to work? Stuff happens. He probably got caught in traffic. I'm sure that at some point in life, everyone has been late to work or school at least once. I can't believe people are seriously calling him unreliable because he was late to work. He probably got caught in traffic. Do you expect him to sprout wings and fly to the arena? Nonsense. The incident on the plane? You're allowed to get drunk by the Wellness Policy, just not when you're going to wrestle. He wasn't even that drunk. He was falling asleep. He wasn't threatening anyone, or making an ass out of himself. He got drunk and fell asleep. It was ludicrous to kick him off the plane. So if you want to use all that to keep Hardy down, well, that's ridiculous if you ask me. Jeff is a great wrestler who takes a lot of risks and has gotten a lot of reward for it. He's taken hard bumps and gotten over for it. He is hugely over. He's nearly as over as Triple H is. He can hit a Twist of Fate from nowhere onto Triple H, and get cheered for it. He's pretty damn over. Jeff Hardy has worked hard. He can and will be WWE Champion. I'm confident that either Jeff Hardy will win the title from HHH, or Edge will and Hardy will win it from Edge. It is more than likely coming by WM 25, and Jeff Hardy as champion is going to sell. He deserves it.

The Brian Kendrick

I don't see much special in him at the moment, but I won't discount him entirely. Main eventing at this time, no way. He's a pretty good wrestler and he draws heat. The comparisons to a young Shawn Michaels are not entirely inaccurate, but I don't see him ever reaching HBK levels. I'd be curious to see how this gimmick works if Kendrick were a face, honestly. It could work out better for him. Still, main event and world title are a long way away for him. Why not bring London over to SmackDown and give him the same gimmick? They could make an even better tag team with the new "rocker" gimmick and as heels. Kendrick could be a tag team champ or US Champ anyday, but world title is a ways away.

Montel Vontavious Porter

I like MVP. There's something about him, he really is good. He carried the US Title really well and did it a lot of credit. MVP puts on great matches and cuts great promos. He could improve, particularly in ring work, but he's pretty good. Again, this is a guy who could be US Champ any day. He could make an excellent tag team with Shelton Benjamin as well. That's a money pair if I ever saw one. I think MVP has what it takes to get to the top, and if he works hard and gets better, in a few years he could be main eventing.

Shelton Benjamin

A lot of what's said for MVP goes for Benjamin as well. He's the US Champion and doing a damn good job of it. The US Title has done so well lately, from MVP to Hardy to Benjamin. Benjamin's promos can be weak, but he makes up for it so much with his ring work. He is an awesome wrestler, and that counts more than promos to me. Honestly, I think Benjamin could get to the top earlier than MVP. I am especially intrigued by what this guy can do in the hardcore area. He's an excellent ladder match technician, as we've seen in a number of MITB matches. I'd be really excited to see him have a solo ladder match. He can put on a, to steal JR's excellent terminology, slobberknocker in a No DQ match; remember his last meet with Kofi? Great stuff on ECW. That was one of the best things ECW had going for it then. Shelton puts on great matches whoever he meets up with, and his promos are getting better. On the last three on this list, I think the Gold Standard is going to be World Champion first.

Kozlov Yes. When they stop making him seem like a coward, and actually put him in some matches, people will finally realize his full potential. He's got an intimidating presence, and has better wrestling skills than most guys his size. His squash matches are entertaining, and I'm pretty sure he could carry a good match with someone like Hardy, Kennedy, or even other main event guys like Triple H and Taker. Another thing he could use is a manager. Push him to the main event level already.

Jeff Hardy No. To me, Hardy has already been given the push he needs. More importantly, he has already been given the push he derserves. The problem is that he keeps screwing up his chances with numerous substance abuses. Until he can overcome this, Hardy shouldn't be pushed anymore. He has great in-ring ability, but he needs to prove that he can stay out of trouble if he ever wishes to be champion.

The Brian Kendrick Yes. He may be small, but he also happens to have exceptional wrestling and mic skills. He certainly doesn't need the title at this point of his career, nor does he deserve it yet. However, Kendrick proved at Unforgiven that he can hang with the big boys, so he definetly deserves to be pushed up to their level.

MVP Yes. This guy has all of the tools needed to make his way into the title picture. However, his character as a heel has become somewhat stagnant, and has taken a backseat compared to how much emphasis and effort the WWE was putting into it during 2007. If he turned face, and expanded his moveset, he can easily become a permanent main event man.

Shelton Benjamin No. He doesn't need it, and he still hasn't reached his full potential as a mid carder in my opinion. As everyone else on this forum knows, he has good wrestling abilities, but severely lacks charisma. His promos are stale and boring, and a gimmick change certainly wouldn't hurt the guy. Until then, the WWE needs to keep him out of the main event picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back