Punk vs HHH, who should win?

CultOfPersonality

Occasional Pre-Show
The most obvious match to call on the WM30 card up to now seems to be CM Punk going up against HHH and his Authority regime.

Punk is all about bringing down Authority and he's been put through the ringer recently by The Shield and most recently he was let down by The NAO. So if this match does happen, who should win?

HHH is most definitely part-time at best now, but the guy is not one for taking a loss, one time match or otherwise. CM Punk is reportedly into the last year of his contract and has been out of the WWE title scene since his epic run with the title.

Does CM Punk go over HHH to bring an end to The Authority so that he can focus on another 'Summer of Punk', or will HHH let his ego get the better of him and defeat CM Punk on this, a landmark Mania?

***crackpot theory time***

With NAO seemingly now siding with HHH, what if HBK also gets involved and WWE sets up a 4 man tag match at WM, with HHH, HBK and The NAO (DX) vs Punk and 3 other guys?

This will get the crowd going and will also give 3 guys on the roster a chance to go toe to toe with some legends - inkeeping with the apparent theme of this years WM.

Imagine if Punk recruited the Usos and Big E (assuming he loses the title unification to Ambrose at EC) - and they face off against DX. Or even Punk and 3 legends against DX, that could be epic

***crackpot theory over***

I'm not entirely sure why they're thinking of booking Punk vs. Triple H. Their 2011 match is still pretty fresh to me so I can pass on it on that show. But if that's the way they go, then so be it.

Punk should win. In the past 5 years Triple H has needlessly gone over both Lesnar & Sheamus at Mania. He shouldn't do the same to Punk. Punk won't be harmed by the loss, but if he's presumably going to continue to be one of the promotions top stars post-Mania and Triple H is only a part-timer.

Surely it has to be Punk. He is a full time star and he is the face. Logic says Punk wins and he really should. I'm not sure he will. Triple H winning wouldn't shock me as well as the fact there is potential for a rematch the month after.

I'm not wild on this match but I'm sure it would decent. The build-up will definitely outshine anything they do in the ring.

Triple H and the NOA vs CM Punk and X/Y could be interesting. However, I can't imagine DX being boo'd and I'm not sure who would team with Punk. Jericho? Kane?

Triple H and the NOA vs CM Punk and X/Y could be interesting. However, I can't imagine DX being boo'd and I'm not sure who would team with Punk. Jericho? Kane?

Well Vince seems to think there isn't going to be heels and faces and heck, it's WM30 - give the crowd two great teams and let them decide for themselves who they want to win for one night.

The only way this works (Punk v HHH again) if there is some sort of stipulation.
There needs to be a HHH leaves Raw or looses his CEO spot (even tho that has been done to death) or CM Punk gets title match if he wins or even CM Punk takes control of WWE (also done before with other wrestlers)....
We know HHH's ego wont let him job to Punk so there needs to be something on the line that cause HHH to cheat so bad that he wins but makes Punk look stronger bc of all it took to put him down.
I would much rather see Punk in a more meaningful match i.e. Main Event but we all know that is just a Pipe Dream.

At this particular time, Punk should be the one who goes over. They've only had one match against each other, Trips won the match but he was helped out by Kevin Nash. Nothing was really settled during their brief feud, so a renewal of this feud could be interesting.

According to various reports, allegedly, this match is a lock for WrestleMania. Other reports also allege that WWE is gearing Punk up for another "Summer of Punk" run like we saw in 2011 that would include a match with Batista at SummerSlam. Whether or not 2014 sees Summer of Punk: The Sequel, I still see Punk going over Triple H. As much of a cliché as this has become, it's what's...well....best for business. Aside from Daniel Bryan, CM Punk is the widely over babyface on the WWE roster. Couple that with Triple H's position as a legit executive with all the various responsibilities and that his in-ring career has been winding down the past several years, to the point where he's really in the "special attraction" category like Taker or Lesnar, Punk going over him is really what makes sense.

CM Punk needs to win this match, CLEAN.
After putting over The Rock x2, Undertaker and Brock Lesnar last year at the big pay perviews, Punk has shown he is a company man and does what is best for business.
HHH doesnt need the victory, and going voer like he did on Lesnar makes no sense, just to grease his ego.
If CM Punk cannot beat a part timer, than WWE really has to have a look in the mirrior on how it pushes its top stars.

Punk should go over but 2 make a memorable match it needs a stipulation. Hell n a cell/i quit/stretcher match

If Triple H goes over Punk at WM it wouldn’t be an ego issue. It would be about moving along a program. Who really gives a shit if Triple H is a part time wrestler? He is a full time performer. Even if he is not physically seen on television every week his presence is there. As the Authority he is currently involved in two of the E’s top programs.

Punk vs Triple H at WM needs a stipulation to spice things up. I purpose they go with a Contract vs. GM of SD! match.

The brass in the WWE stand for everything Punk opposes. First HBK almost took Punks head off with a super kick and then the New Age Outlaws turn on his ass. Punk knows who the puppet master is and goes after Triple H. Punk launches a verbal assault against H and physically over comes whoever is tossed in his way. Despite objections from Stephanie, Triple H’s “ego” gets the best of him and he agrees to a match with Punk at WM. Punk being the opportunist that he is takes advantage of the situation and gets a stipulation added to the match. He uses real life tweets about being unhappy with the direction of the E and his desire to leave for an opportunity to run his own promotion in convincing Triple H to make it a Contract vs. GM of Smack Down match. Triple H wins he can rip up Punks contract and never have to worry about him again or Punk wins and he becomes the Unrestricted GM of SmackDown! The possibility of wrestling did Punk’s way!

I would not be opposed to the team concept but I’d like to see them allow Punk to pick his own team of guys, not necessarily E guys. I would love to see Colt back for night working with his old friend.

Oh hell yah Punk needs to go over in this match and i cant wait for it.. If reports are true that a summer of Punk is coming,then regardless Punk goes over at WM!! Like JH said,its what is best for business.. Their first feud was lukewarm at best,HHH whether he did it on purpose or not,really derailed all of punks momentum! This time around Punk goes over Cleanly

Punk should win....

But, then again, Daniel Bryan should be The WWE Champion, Dolph Ziggler should be a main event player and Paul Heyman and Dutch Mantel should be WWE's heads of creative.

I have a feeling that, in common Triple H fashion, Punk will get a win over Triple H... in a rematch a month later. Triple H is willing to put people over, just as long as they put him over at a bigger event.

I have 0 interest in seeing this match.

Just another extremely predictable rematch.

I think cm punk is one of the most overrated wrestlers ever. The fact that his last 3 WM opponents are Jericho, Taker and Triple H is a joke.

I'm no Triple H fan but there's no reason for him to put over punk, he should've put over Daniel Bryan.

Triple H was the one that screwed Bryan, Orton just took the opportunity, kayfabe speaking why was Bryan even mad at Orton? He should've feuded with Hunter.

Also, I'm sick of superpunk beating everyone smh he defeated big e, fandango on more than one occasion, he beat the shield many times including in a 3 ON 1 HANDICAP MATCH!! He beat the Wyatt family and pretty much everyone.

In the last 3 years, he worked with Cena, Hunter, Nash, Jericho, Rock, Taker, Lesnar...

In conclusion, I have no interest in seeing the battle of the egomaniacs, it will be a boring predictable match with superpunk winning

If Punk is staying then he should definitely beat Triple H and at Mania, not at a secondary PPV a couple of months later. If Punk is leaving then Triple H might as well continue to build heat and put someone else over later.

As for the match, with the amount of back-up Triple H has I wonder if Austin might end up in Punk's corner or at least doing a run-in.

A win over Triple H is just what Punk needs to get himself over the top. As great Punk as been he hasn't exactly had a "BIG" win since MITB 2011, Jericho could have been that big win at WM28 but of course WWE botches it by giving Sheamus the Rumble win and Jericho getting eliminated at the Chamber building no heat as a challenger.

If WWE is serious about building Punk as one of the foundations of the WWE then I think Punk needs to win this.

No issues with a Punk vs Triple H match. I would prefer a point of difference though and make it a Team elimination match. Hunter and Punk can do their thing 1 on 1 at the end.

CM Punk, Big Show & The Brotherhood vs Triple H, Kane & New Age Outlaws

That makes alot of sense from where I am standing. The Authority have screwed all those guys. It also gets 8 people on the Mania card which I think is important (not essential) given Lesnar, Batista, Taker all will have 1 on 1 matches. As many have said, add a stipulation. Fired or Control.

This seems the most nailed on match for Mania at this point, even surpassing Taker vs Lesnar which many thought was nailed on until Lesnar set his sights on the WWE title.

I also can't see it being anything but 1 on 1, this is a big match for Mania and Triple H doesn't wrestle all that often, I don't think he puts his boots on at the 30th WrestleMania to have a tag match, UNLESS it was him and HBK vs Punk and a partner.

My feeling is though that it will be a 1 on 1 match with a stip, most probably some form of No holds barred as most of Triple H's matches now feature weapons spots. I also can see either Shawn or Vince in Trips corner with possibly Austin or Piper in Punk's.

I also can't see it being anything but 1 on 1, this is a big match for Mania and Triple H doesn't wrestle all that often, I don't think he puts his boots on at the 30th WrestleMania to have a tag match, UNLESS it was him and HBK vs Punk and a partner.

I agree that this will be one on one. However, there are a few potential partners for Triple H right now. I'm going to say that Flair and HBK should stay retired. That leaves Orton, Batista and the New Age Outlaws. They could do a lot worse then an Evolution or DX reunion. Evolution could be involved in a Hogan match and the NAO against whoever.

I'm not overly keen on the latter but Evolution teaming together would be awesome. Triple H can still work; Orton is great and I'm sure Batista will deliver. I just think it would be something different they could do and would have appeal. Rather than Orton and Piper they could have Evolution vs Cena, Hogan, X.

Punk vs HHH is a good option but a little underwhelming for Punk. Personally, I'd prefer him to be in the Championship match freeing both Batista and Orton to team with HHH.

If Vince gets involved and be on Punk's side, then I'd want Punk to win but if it's just generally a rehash of Austin vs. Vince with Punk being Austin and Vince being HHH, I could see HHH will probably win and they'll have a rematch at Extreme Rules where Punk goes over.

Whether this match ends up becoming an I Quit Match, No Holds Barred, etc I hope that Punk ends up winning. His angle with Helmsley needs closure. There'd be no point in HHH winning cleanly over Punk since it'd kill his momentum. Instead, Punk should win after a long struggle from HHH.

Helmsley kicks out of a GTS. When CM Punk puts HHH in the Anaconda Vice, Helmsley out of desperation pokes Punk in the eyes, freeing himself from the Anaconda Vice. Before HHH can make it to his feet, Punk snaps, locking in the Koji Clutch on HHH, causing HHH to "pass out". Helmsley is carried out of Wrestlemania 30 on a stretcher with Steph crying and screaming at Punk while Punk's in the ring celebrating.

That's a video of Punk applying the Koji Clutch on Cena when Punk was still the leader of The New Nexus stable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spo0eL66tlo

Well if they plan to do another summer of punk to try and make him happy to increase the odds of resigning or very least get all they can out of him before his contract runs up then i think he should win. Just because HHH loses doesn't mean its the end of the authority.

I find it difficult to care, honestly. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both guys and I didn't turn on Punk like so many of the IWC. It's just that this story doesn't move me at all. Punk vs Triple H? What is this, Summerslam 2011? That bed of coals is ice cold by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back