Punk 3:16

A-KO

Dark Match Winner
To start off, I am not making similarities between Punk and Austin. This Monday on Raw will be CM Punk's 316th (3:16) day as WWE champion. The significance of the number suddenly dawned on me last Raw when Punk mentioned 309 days as champ.

Will this Raw, have any significant meaning for the WWE title picture, will Punk come out in all black as a homage to Stone Cold? Will he even mention anything to do with those numbers?

Stone Cold may even be there for the Jim Ross appreciation night, so an appearance by Austin himself would be a pure mark out moment in itself.

What do you guys think? Will the number be significant or will it just be like any other Raw lately?

I meant in terms of screwjob finishes, promos to end the shows, or will it be something like Ryback and Punk just duking it out, or some kind of match. Anything at the moment involving Punk and legends, Kane and Daniel Bryan have been nothing short of superb work.

Jim Ross has mentioned some "surprises" are planned for Raw this Monday. I can't help but to think Stone Cold will be there for his friend's appreciation night. As for it being Punk's 316th day as WWE Champion, the significance of the number just dawned upon me thanks to the OP. We can only hope for some confrontation between Punk & Austin on Raw.

If the comparison is even referenced at all, I wouldn't expect anything more than Punk bringing it up on the mic with a simple "John & Austin 316 are nothing compared to Punk 316" followed by the boos. I truely just don't see much significance in the comparison. That's the seed they're gonna plant for a future match? I don't think so. Punk would have to really go out of his way to discredit Stone Cold's famous "Austin 316" promo. If they were going to run with it, I'd even have Punk where a black and white Punk 3:16 shirt on RAW as well. But like I said, I just don't see it being significant enough to go through the effort.

I'll be quite surprised if SCSA is there and or is confronted by Punk only because of the 316.

as long as the WWE Champion is not yet again booked to look inept against the one off appearance by a former legend who has not wreslted for 9 years, then Austin appearing would be solid. For the first appearance, nothing more than a staredown would be sufficient, no time built up for a classic back and forth promo. But knowing Vince, he refuses to push Punk all the way, a golden opportunity will again be wasted

If punk came out with an "Austin 3:16" shirt or even a custom "Punk 3:16" shirt I would lose my mind. I think that would be a great jab at Austin and if Punk could play that off even more he could get even more heat because everyone loves Austin. This would totally play into what he does with his apparel lately to get extra heat (such as the yankee pin stripes at NOC and the Bret Hart colors in Montreal). Very observant for you to notice something like this, and it would be great if this actually happened.

I like how punk keeps taking jabs at Stone Cold on RAW, Social Media and in Interviews, i feel if there is a plan to have Stone Cold V Punk at Mania 30 then he is going to continue to take little jabs at him tilll probably next year after mania when Stone Cold would have had enough and confront him

I think every fan is hoping SCSA will be on raw but i think we will be let down, punks got so much going on with cenas HIAC match, foley and now rybacks staredown they wont throw austin into it aswell, they will save it for the big stage. I would love to be wrong but i cant see it. Its obvious punk wants austin in a WM match but does austin want punk? Come on this is a man that turned down a hogan match

I still think punk needs to build more he really needs to be the main rival to cenas no.1 spot and just stay there at the top of the company, then when wm 30 comes around i think we'll see the match. It for sure as hell wont be wm29 for two reasons.

1. They would want a very long build for ppv buys(not a year like rock cena but by now anyway)

2. Austins health/current condition

Didn't Steve Austin recently have knee surgery which caused him to miss one of the most important RAW shows in recent history being the RAW1000 episode. If knee surgery kept him from that show, it's definetly keeping him out of this one. Although it would be great as always to get some Austin involvement, it's pure speculation by the OP. Not going to hold my breath, for something very petty.

Didn't Steve Austin recently have knee surgery which caused him to miss one of the most important RAW shows in recent history being the RAW1000 episode. If knee surgery kept him from that show, it's definetly keeping him out of this one. Although it would be great as always to get some Austin involvement, it's pure speculation by the OP. Not going to hold my breath, for something very petty.

Yes but explain to e why he couldnt of done a recorded promo and get it shown on the big screen... He could of at least put in the effort is the 1000th show for gods sake...

Austin can't be in OKC for Raw Monday, he's filming season 2 of that Redneck Island show he's doing. I'll be surprised if if he's there. However, It wouldn't shock me if there was a Austin reference in an Punk promo. But that's about all there will be is a little mention and jab, maybe. But that's it.

It would definitely be a badass moment if SCSA came back to Raw. Raw would be entertaining as hell with another great promo between these two. After all, their last promo was a classic. The way CM Punk trolled Stone Cold and vice versa. It would help save the ratings too.

It would definitely be a badass moment if SCSA came back to Raw. Raw would be entertaining as hell with another great promo between these two. After all, their last promo was a classic. The way CM Punk trolled Stone Cold and vice versa. It would help save the ratings too.
I didn't realize the ratings were in any way, shape or form of danger. Hell, a better question is how could an unadvertised appearance help the ratings.

I just don't get the obsession between putting CM Punk and Stone Cold in the same place as if they had so much in common. Austin was a defiant redneck and CM Punk is a shrewd smart-ass. There's nothing similar about them and the idea of the two wrestling screams injury for Austin.

My idea for CM Punk's 316th day as Champion, cut a promo, wrestle, call it a night. Seems to be working so far.

I'm not going to hold my breath either - though it being JR Appreciation Night does give some hope to the cause. Regardless, I wanted to give you the actual quote Austin gave for missing Raw 1000...

"I am currently three weeks post op. I began physical therapy a few days ago. I had a world class surgeon and a great medical team working on me. I am now working with a top notch PT team. I am still on crutches and will probably lose the crutches in another week. Then I will be in a custom knee brace much like the braces I wore in the ring for 9-12 weeks ... There was no way I was going to limp down the ramp on crutches for RAW 1,000."

I haven't heard an update on Austin's knee, but this quote was given more than two months ago. So he's been off the crutches for about two months now and could be out of the knee brace as early as next week. The point is that - unless there was a setback in his recovery - the knee surgery wouldn't prevent him from making an appearance.

I would love Austin to be on Raw, and there would be no better reason for him to come back than for his best friends appreciation night.

However, WWE can do these things off screen e.g. Taker for Shawn Michaels the other month, but I would love Punk to make mention of this and Austin's glass sounding smash happen and him coming down to the ring to face off with Punk.

I think he will homage Stone Cold in some way & probably make a verbal jab or two at him during his promo.

I think for a long time now WWE has been leaving little subtle hints & letting Punk do & say what he wants leading up to the fact that they most likely want him to face Austin at Mania 30. I don't think anything is finalized but I think between now & Mania 30 we will start seeing more & more clues granted that they stay in the direction they are going.

I think he will homage Stone Cold in some way & probably make a verbal jab or two at him during his promo.

I think for a long time now WWE has been leaving little subtle hints & letting Punk do & say what he wants leading up to the fact that they most likely want him to face Austin at Mania 30. I don't think anything is finalized but I think between now & Mania 30 we will start seeing more & more clues granted that they stay in the direction they are going.

Whether WWE has belessed it or not, Punk has been planting seeds for years. As great as Punk is, and as much as I love him - I can't help but feel that Austin vs Cena would he a bigger match, have a bigger feel, and do better business hwoever. Surely this must be at the back of Austin's mind also.

How to summon "Stone Cold" Steve Austin:

1. CM Punk's "316th" day as WWE Champion.

2. Jim Ross Appreciation Night

3. Punktober - The first day of a month which features: Punk's birthday, Punk's DVD Release, and Punk's WWE '13 cover...with the added plus of Stone Cold being on the cover of the collector's edition.

4. John Cena's apparent absence leaving Raw without it's biggest star. With this being the case, I expect to hear very loud chants for Stone Cold.

The jigsaws are definitely falling into place for tonight's Raw. It would be too good to be true, and almost too perfect for Stone Cold to make an appearance tonight.

I won't get my hopes up, but I'm definitely marking out on the inside. lol

Punktober - I like it DJS :) They should definitely run with this. I thought WWE dropped the ball somewhat when they didn't claim it was the "Summer of Punk" last year which was an IWC thing and something he used on the indy's.

Austin I think at best will be on the tron. He just had knee surgery. I highly doubt he'll make an appearance or even want to do a conflict storyline right now.
I am not saying I wouldn’t geek out as soon as I heard the glass, but I rather him fully heel and do something more meaning full with Punk. So if he just appears on the tron and cuts a promo I can live with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back