• Portal

• Soul Calibur III

• TLOZ: Four Swords Adventure

• Wii Sports

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Final Fantasy VI
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Mickey and Donalds World of Illusion (Megadrive)
Portal
Soul Calibur III
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GC)
Wii Sports

Well this puts me in an unfortunate position. I didn't play on doing this, but it looks like I'm going to be defending Final Fantasy. FFVI anyway.

Simple fact number one: I don't like Final Fantasy very much.
I think over the past decade the franchise has become more and more about style over substance. FFVIII-IX were deeply hampered by overbearing narratives that were as unenjoyable as they were illogical. By the time we got the FFX the series had basically abandoned the premise of being games at all in favor of selling phenomenally bad interactive movies.

Simple fact number two: Even I struggle to deny that FFVII (the series magnum opus) is a good game. It has good gameplay, an interesting and logical story. Varied gameplay mechanics, crushing dept and an interesting world. FFVII was a good game.

Simple fact number three: EVERY SINGLE GOOD THING ABOUT FFVII WAS DONE BY FFVI FIRST, AND USUALLY BETTER.

Throw style out of the window and FFVI outdoes in sequel in almost every way. It offered a bigger, more varied and more logical gameworld with far more opportunity to exploration and far more to discover. FFVI managed to have a deep and complex story without the need to hit the gamer with ridiculous, intrusive cut scenes on a regular basis. FFVI was the fist game in the franchise to contain a truly deep gameplay mechanic, and a great deal of what you see cropping up in later editions can be traced back to this title.

Final Fantasy VI is easily the equal to any game that came after it, and deserves to be treated as such.

Final Fantasy 6 Vs Heavy Rain. Savage choice. Both have great storylines but I think, purely for doing being truly revolutionary, I'm going to have to choose Heavy Rain. There aren't many games I would put ahead of FF6 but this is an unfortunate draw.

I don't see how anybody voted for Wii Sports over FFVI. I want to kick that person in the face. FFVI is a game that many consider their favorite in the storied franchise. I may be biased considering I am a huge FF mark, but I find FFVI to be leaps and bounds better than any game on this list. It deserves to be in the tournament, and should win in a landslide here.

Voted for Heavy Rain. If you need my full reasoning, check out my review in the Video Games And Technology section:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=168744

Basically, it's a game that threw me back into love with gaming after a year of being disengaged. It is a game that sucked me in like no game had for a very long time. It is an incredible and bold experiment into storytelling that couldn't have been done any other way. It is also a technical marvel. It absolutely deserves to be in this tournament.

I voted for Final Fantasy 6. Although that might have been obvious. It was innovative for its time and one of the greatest games of all time, not just within its genre. It's far better than Heavy Rain, Mickey and Donalds World of Illusion, and Four Swords. As much as I like Soul Cal 3 and Portal, they do not stand a chance against it. In this list only Wii Sports does. Wii Sports was also innovative but I would take the epic adventure of FF6 over a game like Wii sports anyday as Wii Sports is merely a novelty of seeing the Miis play sports. It gets old. FF6 has never gotten old for almost 20 years.

I voted for Heavy Rain which is my favourite game of all time and the game I will be backing for this tournament. The game is such an amazin game and such an experience. I've never liked any of the Final Fantasy games and Wii Sports being in second place is nothing short of a complete joke.

I love Heavy Rain so much because out of all the games it's competing against tit has the best 1. Characters 2. Story and 3.Atmosphere. I don't think any game had me relate and care about characters and their individual stories and fates. The characters showed great emotion and the maturity of the game is best shown from them. This is most evident in Ethan who has lost his child. The story of Heavy Rain manged to do what most thrillers and mysteries of the last 10 years couldn't do, keep you guessing. Did I know who was going to be the killer before they were revealed? NO. Was the reveal shocking as hell? Yes, I literally was gobsmacked when it was revealed. The atmosphere of the game stood out so well also. There were so many points where you were sure you have found the killer but alas you don't.

Hell if you want a good thrill aswell why not try their DLC "The Taxidermist". Certainly scared the crap out of me.

I'm picking Heavy Rain on this, even though SCIII gets a close second vote. I loved the story and the characters. This game stands out as one of the most memorable PS3 games I've ever played and if anyone needs a PS3 game recommendation, I'll pick Heavy Rain any time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back