• Res Evil 1

• Street Fighter IV

• The Sims

• Yu-Gi-Oh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Alex The Kidd in the enchanted castle(Megadrive)
Dead Rising (360)
Flashback (Megadrive)
Little Big Planet
ms. Pac Man
Resident Evil 1
Street Fighter IV
The Sims
Yu-Gi-Oh!: Stairway to the Destined Duel (Game Boy Advanced)​

I have a lot of affection for Alex Kidd and I have true love for the original Resident Evil (those damn dogs through the window still haunt me) but there's absolutely no question of what I'm voting for here.
Flashback probably marks the beginning of the gaming revolution that really took off 3 years later when Tomb Raider came out. What I'm referring to is the introduction of true storytelling, cut-scenes, exploration. In my view it really all began properly with the release of Flasback back in 1992. Without it, there is no Tomb Raider and the massive influence that followed on from Lara Croft. Massively important game as well as just being plain fantastic, even today.

Here I picked Street Fighter 4. The only other choices in this poll that are good enough are Ms Pac Man and The Sims, both of which are good but not the best in their series. Street Fighter 4 got my vote because not only is it the best in its series but also an epic long awaited sequel that finally brought back the old familar cast in a great game to revive a series that had gotten bad.

Street Fighter 4 got my vote because not only is it the best in its series

:lmao:

If you were 15 I could forgive that but you're 25, how can you possibly say that with a straight face? Street Fighter II is without question the best game in the series, and therefore, the best beat-em-up ever made. No-one will be playing Street Fighter 4 in 20 years time.
I'm not even going to start on you ignoring Resident Evil and Flashback.

If you were 15 I could forgive that but you're 25, how can you possibly say that with a straight face? Street Fighter II is without question the best game in the series, and therefore, the best beat-em-up ever made. No-one will be playing Street Fighter 4 in 20 years time.
I'm not even going to start on you ignoring Resident Evil and Flashback.

Dude.... Have you played it? The cast is Street Fighter 2's guys with some new people thrown in and some guys from the other games. It IS the best in that series because it's EXACTLY what a sequel to Street Fighter 2 SHOULD have been, rather than the garbage we got from that series up until 4. In terms of innovation, sure, SF2 will not be topped in the fighting genre. However, 4 is a more fun game and that is what I base my votes on here primarily. Which game is more enjoyable. SF4 is just that. I'm not a fan of Resident Evil or Flashback.

I voted for Dead Rising. I'd be lying if I said my pure romance with Dead Rising wasn't a deciding factor in why I chose it. I love the game - good story, fun environment, immense replayability, and fun boss battles. Going around in a mall picking up miscellaneous items from retail stores and clobbering a zombie is one of the most gratifying and satisfying things in gaming.

I accomplished a lot in this game, playing it numerous times. I unlocked the mega man attire and megabuster (a cool weapon that defeats every boss in seconds), and I still play it sporadically.

This game is in my top five favorite games list, undoubtedly.

Wow, Yu-Gi-Oh! got stuck in a pretty bad draw, and yet managed to gain more than one vote. For me that's already as personal victory, but I'll explain why it was a good game. It was an incredibly addictive game, where, even once you'd completed the main quest, you still wanted to play it over and over again and prove you were the best, and that you could build the best deck. You wanted to beat everyone the game had to offer from Yugi to Grandpa to Pegasus, you wanted to kick there asses all night long.

I'll be supporting survival horror games throughout this tourney so without a doubt in my mind my vote goes to Resident Evil 1. We are talking about a game here which redefined an entire genre. You are thrown so many surprises that are just never built up on like some do but these just scare the living crap out of you e.g The dog bursting through the window and the guy in the closet. One of the scariest things about this is that no matter how many bullets you have in your guns then they just won't be enough.

This game sticks out in my mind with one of the scariest moments in gaming(Screw Amnesia!) and that is the introduction of the always dreaded Crimson Heads. You know that you are going back to a place where there is a zombie, but hey, you killed him! He's dead and gone right? Wrong. He's actually quite the opposite: he's quicker, stronger and scarier than he was when you left him, oh and he's pissed.

Sure you can mention the negatives the game may have with its graphic violence, rampant sexism, poor voice acting and use of every horror cliché however...it fucking works and despite this, barely affects it which is one of the reasons it stands out as one of the best horror games of all time that completely redefined the genre of survival horror.

Man, I wish that I can play Resident Evil: Director's Cut now, but I probably will sometime through PSN :)

I picked RE because it's one of the greatest games I've ever played and it's creepy. I loved the cheesiness of the script and the twists in the story. I also loved the claustrophobic atmosphere of the game as well..

One of the games that I plan on backing the hardest is Ms.Pac Man. Ms. Pac Man is better than Pac Man himself.

Like Pac Man before it, Ms. Pac Man is a game that anyone can instantly play due to its simplistic gameplay. However, unlike Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man evolved and featured cut screens, travelling fruit, and a more agressive AI.

Ms. Pac Man deserves to be in this tournament. Even more than Pac Man.

Whilst her husband is left, MS Pacman goes through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back