• NSMBWii

• Rome Total War

• SML2: 6 Golden coins

• Theme Park

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Batman(NES)
Dominions 3 (PC)
Golden Sun 2 (GBA)
Maniac Mansion
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Rome Total War (PC)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GB)
Theme Park (PS)​

Gah Theme Park or Rome Total War. Both offer something different and I love my strategy games. I can't work out whether I'm choosing humour and nostalgia or the serious and epic. I'll wait to see who can provide a decent argument.

Golden Sun 2 and it shouldn't be close. Anybody who has ever played it will know that it is superior to every game on the list. The tournament has enough Mario games already and these two while obscenely fun, are in no way superior to Golden Sun 2. The battle system was so simple yet so fun. The graphics were stunning which really made the battles so much more appealing. The summons and some psynergy were just amazing. They saved the battle system from becoming repetitive and at the end of the game, I was still looking forward to ever single random battle I was in. The replay value was there, the graphics were there, the music was there, and the gameplay was there. Every aspect of this game was outstanding and no game on this list should go over it.

Another one where I'm stuck between two games I love. Maniac Mansion was brilliantly witty and fun, and Mario Land 2 was one of the best handheld platforming experiences you could get until the release of New Super Mario Brothers.

Maniac Mansion was one of the best point-and-clicks of its time, and possibly any time. It had memorable characters and puzzles and was highly enjoyable and funny. If you want to experience it for yourself, there's a free remake up for download called Maniac Mansion Deluxe. Just a blast to play.

Mario Land 2 is one of the best and most underrated Mario games out there. It has great mechanics, level design, and it introduced us to one of my favorite Mario characters, Wario!

I'm really struggling here. I'm open for people to sway me either way. So come on, convince me.

New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Land 2 are the ones to beat here if you ask me. Golden Sun 2, while good, pales in comparison. As do the other choices but by an even larger scale. I ended up picking New Super Mario Bros Wii because of the fun 4 player action in the platforming gameplay of oldschool mario games. It's an underrated game. Mario Land 2 is underrated too, but New Super Mario Bros Wii beats it due to that 4 player mode. Who here DIDN'T want to play the classic mario games that way?

For me, it's easily Golden Sun 2. With new Djinn, summons, and a bigger area to explore than the first Golden Sun, the game is a challenge all on it's own, without the plot. The plot is compelling, if you can stand the ranting of some of the characters throughout; there are twists in the story that lead these characters into something further than what they had originally expected. Though not all the twists are shocking, and many downright predictable, the story, battles, and all the little side quests along with the huge map give all RPG players enough incentive to go along with the game. Despite the long conversations within the game, I found this game to be extremely fun and innovative, with its little quirks and a healthy dose of comic relief every now and then. Combining that with a wonderful musical score, it's even better then the first Golden Sun, and the best of the lot here.

Theme Park is winning?! Fucking THEME PARK! How is this beating Golden Sun? You kids must have never played any other game on this list if you think Theme Park is worthy of making it. Every single game on the list is superior. Theme Park is in a very limited genre and even then it is out shined by Roller Coaster Tycoon. Use some logic here people this is easily the worst game on the entire list. No arguments have been made so I had to resort to this post because it'd be a fucking travesty if this game got through while Golden Sun 2, SMBWII, and Dominions 3 didn't.

Golden Sun 2 and it shouldn't be close. Anybody who has ever played it will know that it is superior to every game on the list. The tournament has enough Mario games already and these two while obscenely fun, are in no way superior to Golden Sun 2. The battle system was so simple yet so fun. The graphics were stunning which really made the battles so much more appealing. The summons and some psynergy were just amazing. They saved the battle system from becoming repetitive and at the end of the game, I was still looking forward to ever single random battle I was in. The replay value was there, the graphics were there, the music was there, and the gameplay was there. Every aspect of this game was outstanding and no game on this list should go over it.

It doesn't matter if this tournament had ten Mario games in it. We are voting to determine the best video game, and quite often, a number of Mario game could be in any discussion to determine the best.

I've liked playing other Mario games, including putting a large amount of hours into Super Mario Land 2 as a kid, but I have never been crazy about Mario games, and have never completed one.

When I first started playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I instantly found it to be more enjoyable than any other game in the franchise. So, while I haven't played every Mario game out there, nor have I played every game on this list, that includes Golden Sun 2, I will be basing my vote on what game I had the most fun playing, and that would be Mario Bros. Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back