Psychologically Disturbing, Round Two: Martyrs vs. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Which Film Is More Disturbing?

• Martyrs

• Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Martyrs (2008, Directed by Pascal Laugier)

m2.jpg

Did You Know?: The producers of the Twilight franchise have bought the American remake rights to Martyrs and want Kristen Stewart to star.

vs.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986, Directed by John McNaughton)

h2.jpg

Did You Know?: Although vaulted for three years, bootlegs of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer circulated around Hollywood helped launch Michael Rooker's career before the film's official release in 1989.​

Martyrs, easily.

As I said in the last round, I couldn't finish Henry, but it wasn't because it was disturbing, but because I was bored to tears watching. Again, I plan on giving it another viewing sometime soon, and while my opinion of the film might change overall, there's absolutely no way I'll end up finding it as disturbing as Martyrs. Martyrs' storyline, violence, and gore all surpass what I saw from Henry.

There are parts of Henry that are cringe worthy and difficult to watch but the movie overall really didn't disturb me so much. It is a great movie, however. On the other side though is Martyrs. A film I cannot claim to have seen, but have read all about. The violence seems to be much greater then Henry's, which was a bit cartoonish at times. However, I am watching a few clips and the creepy anorexic girl in the bathroom is more then enough to sway me in my decision to vote for Martyrs. Also, the girl blowing away the 18 year old kid with the shot gun. My vote is for Martyrs.

I got to vote for Martyrs again here. Herny is a good movie with some disturbing scenes, but they are really mild compared to how horrific Martyrs is. As I said before, I wouldn't be surprised to see Martyrs in the finals.

Martyrs was just a completely fucked up movie in the best way while Henry on the other hand had it's moments but just can not compare to this modern classic

Martyrs for the win!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back