Promo Of The Year

What Is The Promo Of The Year In 2012?

• Austin Aries Talks About Jeff Hardy Before BFG

• The Rock Promo The Night After Wrestlemania

• Austin Aries On Bully Ray (Better Is Better)

• Daniel Bryan And Kane At Anger Management

• Bully Ray At No Surrender (Destined For Greatness)

• Mick Foley On Punk (Do You Want To Be A Legend Or A Statistic)

• Chris Jericho Insults CM Punk's Family

• CM Punk And Paul Heyman Make Fun of Jerry Lawler's Heart Attack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seeing as though neither of my nominations made the poll (those being Rock, Punk and Bryan post wedding at RAW 1000 and Cena and Punk exchange a war of words with Bret Hart in Montreal) I casted my vote to Bryan and Kane's Anger Management that story line was just gold and it could've easily been shit. Kane explaining his history to the entire class alone is worth this nomination.

TBH all these are pretty memorable in their own right. Any Aries promo is gold, but for me, Jericho's promo on Punk's family had so much passion in it. It was as if Jericho really knew Punk's sister was a drug addict and his pops was an alcoholic. Jericho's promos are so filled with Venom, they should call him The Viper..... NVM, Jericho is too good for that. Anyways not too many people speak as well as Jericho does and I think that was shown on that promo.

Voted Mick Foley On Punk..that was as intense at it gets but lots of choices missed here.
Punk-Cena promo the day Lawler had a heart attack was ace.
HHH-Heyman-Stephanie-Lesnar at Raw 1000 was very good too.
Rock, Punk and Bryan post wedding should have been there too.
Out of the choices, Anger management is a close second.

Bully wont win this because nobody saw it, but it was the promo of the year.

Gave me goosebumps. Guys struck gold with that one. Even as a heel I was wishing he would win just because of the passion and heart he released in that promo. Unbelievable.

None of Cena's promos made it :wtf: He has been the best guy on the mic for the whole year and has cut the best promos of his career(arguably) this year.

None of Cena's promos made it :wtf: He has been the best guy on the mic for the whole year and has cut the best promos of his career(arguably) this year.

I agree 100%. Cena vs Rock or Cena vs Punk those promos where the best Cena promos in a very long time and he delivered. The one that sticks out for me is the promo when Cena does what nobody has ever done to The Rock, he told the world that Rock writes his promo material on his arm. That's something everyone knew but no one ever dared to say it publicly and the genuine pissed off look Rock had after Cena said it was pure gold.

The Mick Foley one is winning? Really?

I thought it was very cliche' and sucked a testicle or two. Not that I don't like Foley, actually I love me some Mankind. But yes, the promo wasn't the best. Far from it, Kane & Bryan at anger management is. By some distance. CM Punk and Heyman making fun of Lawler was also very amusing, yes yes, I know. I'm one nasty fucker. But so is CM Punk, and he's somewhat legendary. Like Foley.

You could dip your hand into the proverbial goodie bag of this year's John Cena promos and find one better than the majority of that list. He and the Rock did not have a single off-night in March. And the Cena/Punk/Hart promo is the kind of segment that will stand the test of time. The kind of segment that will be featured in promo packages twenty years from now. It was a showdown of two great rivals, with all the passion, anger and... oh fuck it. I'll just vote for Anger Management.

The most memorable promos were either Cena's promo on The Rock the night after Elimination Chamber where he says he doesn't respect him or the Cena-Punk-Hart promo before Night of Champions.

Bully Ray's promo was a 2 minute thing of beauty. I've seen the rest, none are on that level.

Length only plays so much of a part in a great promo. Both The Rock and Foley's ones got plenty of time but had a lot of wasted air, re-hashed and forced material. Ray's promo was off-the-cusp but effortlessly brilliant. If not him (and it looks like it won;t be) I would endorse Bryan and Kane winning.

Hell No winning this is very disheartening, yeah it was funny but years from now it won't stand the test of time like the Rock promo after Mania, nor will it compare to the Cena promo in Canada before NoC which should have been on this list.

Voted for Anger Management. It was great TV. But my real favorite promo of the year isn't here, and that's when Cena ran down the rock, exposed the promo on his wrist, told him he was going to beat the hell out of him at WM, and to end it all as he's walking to the back turns around and tells The Rock "carry on, continue trending". Left The Rock speechless and totally owned him. Great promo.

I'm pretty torn between three choices.

When it comes to a promo that took you by surprise as to how entertaining it was, then Bryan & Kane at anger management is the clear winner. The overall angle of Team Hell No could've been a complete disaster and quite possibly would have been had it been anybody else but Bryan & Kane. They surprised a lot of people with their unique chemistry and made what seemed like a comedy tag team, at least on the surface, into probably the most interesting tag team in wrestling this year.

If you're more into something with a lot of old school passion, then Foley's exchanges with Punk is the way to go. Punk & Foley's promo segments with each other were nothing short of outstanding and they played perfectly off of each other. Foley's passion really shined through and his unmistakable passion is a big reason why he became such a big star.

If you want a promo that generated tons of buzz, then Punk & Heyman mocking Jerry Lawler is it. In my opinion, I think this shows that most people really don't want the Attitude Era back. This promo is exactly the type of stuff that was fairly common back in the late 90s. I personally enjoyed it because it's the only thing we've seen in all of pro wrestling in quite some time that was genuinely controversial. Real controversy, and not the tired cliches that Attitude Era marks spray their shorts over, is supposed to get people a little upset and make you uncomfortable. This segment did that while still featuring great mic work from Punk & Heyman. It made Punk & Heyman look despicable and, surprise surprise, that's what most heels are supposed to be.

I'm going with Punk & Heyman because of the buzz and controversy it generated. I know it won't win, as so many people were offended by it and/or took the mocking to heart for some reason, but I enjoyed it a lot. If Lawler hadn't agreed to it and been in on it, I doubt I would have. If the man that had the heart attack had no issues and even encouraged the angle, then I I've got no problem with it. My grandmother died of a heart attack back in 1990, yet I know WWE wasn't casting a broad net to poke fun at heart attack victims in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back