Prioson Competition-Predict the PPV

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
To continue to fill the prison with threads related to wrestling I decided to start a predict the PPV competioton for the prison. This will be one of many competiitons that are created to help propel the prison to a better place. So first competition is to predict the PPV and the results of the matches. Each match will be worth a set amount of points to help create clear winners. Matches will be given points based on predicibility factors and quality of match. The points are then listed for each match.This competiotn will begin as of now and end an hour before the Rumble ends. Any responses after will not count.

Here is the following card and the point totals for the PPV.

Divas Unified title match. Natalya-Laycool (2) points

WWE Title Match- Miz-Orton 4 points

World Heavy Weight Title Match 4 points

Royal Rumble Match 10 points

My Predicitons

Natalya beats Laycool

Miz beats Orton

Edge beats Ziggler

Alberto wins Royal Rumble

Keyboard's Predictions.

Divas Unified title match

Natalya vsLaycool

WWE Title Match
The Miz vs Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Title Match

Edge vs Dolph Ziggler

Royal Rumble Match
Sheamus

Jerichoholic4Life's Predictions

Diva's Unified Title Match
Natalya vs Laycool

WWE Title Match
The Miz vs Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Title Match
Edge vs Dolph Ziggler

Royal Rumble Match
CM Punk

What's the Nexus for?

errr forgive me. Haven't been following wwe much so i thought they might do a nexus vs Santino & Koslov match. If not discard that prediction.

Even with a rumble match in there, Divas will only go 5 mins. So they are left with 2 title matches?. How long will they give those?. Card seems too short.

errr forgive me. Haven't been following wwe much so i thought they might do a nexus vs Santino & Koslov match. If not discard that prediction.

Even with a rumble match in there, Divas will only go 5 mins. So they are left with 2 title matches?. How long will they give those?. Card seems too short.

Bill, remember though, they've upped the Rumble to 40 men, with a min & a half between each of them, so the extra 10 men add another 15 minutes onto that match.

The Diva's match was a sham. No way to really predict that. They add EVE all of a sudden and she wins it? One of the worst ideas I have ever watched unfold on WWE PPV!

I know I was so pissed at that. If it wern't for that I would have been 100%. I've stopped even giving a rat's ass about the divas as they just disappoint me. If anything put in Awesome Kong. Watch Eve will lose it on Raw tomorrow. This utterly disappointed me as nobody in the world could have said that would have happened.

Yeah... Eve being in the match was one thing, unpredictable for sure. But, her winning was surely out of left field.

I thought FOR SURE Kong would be in it. Especially when the announcement was made that there would be another Diva in the match. I thought, oh shit, here she comes. Then, BOOM!! EVE!! LOL WTF!

My thoughts exactly and if my memory is correct isnt she a face. How will this rematch work if its two faces facing each other. I think WWE just screwed over this title

I think it will work if the 2 Faces squaring off would have been Natalya and Beth Phoenix.

But, I think a lot of people expected Awesome Kong, to not only debut, but be the 4th Diva in the 4 Way when Cole was reading the GM's Email.

I am not one to care much about the Diva's matches and story lines. Sure they are hot or whatever, but they are pretty damn boring compared to how they chipped into the angles of the past. I must admit, I know Kong is a beast and she is from TNA. So, I was pretty "excited" or at least anticipated her debut.

So, when it wasn't Kong and Eve came out, I think there was an immediate backlash against her. I guarantee when she comes out tomorrow on RAW, we hear much more boos for Eve this week and probably the coming weeks. Unless of course she loses the title pretty quick, like RAW tonight or SD Friday.

This whole PPV was.... interesting to say the least.

Edge vs Dolph Ziggler
Well, a match I was looking forward to from the beginning. I thought it was gonna be a good match, and actually, I was kinda wrong. It started off slow and yeah, it did build up some throughout, but I still feel it was missing something. Then I didn't get why Kelly Kelly came out to interfere. Someone? Help? Granted, we had to have someone who could distract Vickie, but that's where you should've used Hornswoggle! NOT IN THE RUMBLE. Then Edge used the Spear, which was what really killed it for me. The whole "Oh Vickie's down now, let's spear him" thing was a bit predictable really. What was cool was seeing Edge hit the Killswitch at the end. Could there be a Christian return soon? Who knows.
Also, on Smackdown, be sure to see Vickie order an instant rematch, OR hand Dolph the title straight 'cos of that Spear incident. I'm pretty confident on that.
All in all an allright match, that I'd give 3/5. It would've been lower, but I liked the Killswitch.

Randy Orton vs The Miz
Pretty decent match. Nice start. I was interested as soon as The New Nexus came out. Automatically kept my interest, didn't make me wanna turn off, 'cos it was a match I'd seen before. Rather enjoyed seeing Alex Riley fly over the top rope, into the guys. Then the ref going out the Ring, made it obvious that something was going to happen. CM Punk coming out, RKO'ing Orton has obviously now set up a feud which should be pretty enjoyable.
Again, a decent match, pretty good outcome, so I'll give it 3.5/5

Divas Fatal 4 Way
Just like the Men above me, I thought that Diva number 4 would've been Kong. BUT, it was Eve -_-. That could not have been anymore of a disappointment. Any Diva would've been better, 'cos Eve is just pure terrible rolled into one. Truly, this match doesn't deserve talking about, as it's a huge kick in the nuts to Natalya, who deserved to regain a title, but she didn't.
1/5. (Lucky it's not 0)

Royal Rumble Match
Obviously, the most enjoyable match on the card, surprising in places, but obvious-ish from the last four. Nice to see Punk & Bryan square off at the start, even if just for a minute. Quite surprised it wasn't a full Corre meet or Nexus meet at the beginning, but that was a good thing more than anything. Some of these entrants make me feel stupid just looking at who they are. Hornswoggle?! Surely someone could've filled that spot who's more interesting. Yeah, he gave Tyson Kidd an AA, but does anyone give a fuck?
Booker T and Diesel, as much as I knew they were coming back, still made me smile to see them coming down the ramp, knowing that they could get quite interesting in the WWE. We'll see. DREW MCINTYRE & SHEAMUS! FINALLY! They work together! I've been wanting them to be in a Tag Team for god knows how long, so maybe, finally, they'll do it? Santino Marella coming out was a big "HUH?" for me. But, I genuinely, for a split-second, though he was gonna win. I had forgotten about him until he popped out. Finally, I hated that Ziggler & Orton got to be in the match. Granted, they'd lost their previous matches, but they didn't need to be there in this one as well. That's 3 places, taken by Horny, Orton & Ziggler that could've been filled by interesting people, who needed air time.
Christian, Jericho & POSSIBLY Bourne would've been my picks, would've been great to see them back.
I was totally surprised at ADR winning actually, 'cos he's been saying it all along, so I didn't believe him one bit. Neither did Ricardo whatshimname, by the sounds of it.
Anyways, enough of my waffling, I'll give this one a 4/5, just because I was annoyed at the people who got 2 matches AND Hornswoggle.

Nicely written review there.

I thought Edge vs Ziggler took too long to get going. Otherwise it was decentish. Interesting to have the WHC open a show...

My stream conked out for Miz, Divas and the start of the rumble.

Poor Tyson Kidd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back