'Priceless' Ted DiBiase vs 'Uncommon' Cody Rhodes

Cookie14

Smart-Ass
Since leaving legacy and ending up on different shows, Ted and Cody seem to have adopted gimmicks that are opposites in every way.

Could this be the beginning of a fued between the two?

If so, would you like to see it? And how would you book it?

Personally, I think this could be a great fued, and would boost them both if done right.

I would start it by having Ted throwing money around, paying off opponents, referees etc. Then have him say that he offered to do the same for Cody, but he refused, that's why he went to SD.

Cody then replies by saying he doesn't need Teds help, and that Ted bribed whoever was in charge of the draft to make sure he would stay on Raw, because that's where the bigger names are.

Cody then says Ted had to bring out the Million Dollar Belt because he realised he would never win a title on Raw.

Ted starts paying SD wrestlers to attack Cody, trying to get him to have a match at the next PPV. Cody could retaliate by getting Dusty Rhodes to attack Ted and steal the Million Dollar belt.

The PPV match becomes for the title, which Cody wins, leading to a rematch at the next PPV.

In the rematch have Ted bring Virgil to the ring, Dusty accompanies Cody. Virgil keeps trying to interfere, so he gets sent to the back. Ted tries to bribe the ref, but it doesn't work. Then out of nowhere Dusty attacks Cody to cost him the match, revealing that he has been paid off by Ted.

This fued could be a huge benefit to both characters because Ted will (IMO) be more of a heel than his dad ever was because he paid off the working mns hero, Dusty Rhodes, while Cody gets much needed time on the mic, and gets a huge face push.

Would it make a great feud? Yes, it would. Will it happen right away? No, it won't. If the WWE wanted to jumpstart a feud between Rhodes and DiBiase, they wouldn't be on seperate shows right now. Besides, Rhodes hasn't made the transition from heel to face yet, as he seems more likely to change roles as opposed to DiBiase and he needs the most help to gain momentum as opposed to DiBiase. If a feud does happen, it should be similar to the Miz/Morrison feud that took place last year. They split up as a team, end up on seperate shows, gain momentum as singles athletes, plant the seeds at a ppv later in the year and then probably culminate it with a match at WrestleMania.

Man that feud would be great for Cody and Ted, but as the guy about me said, it can't happen right now and to let it happen at a later time like the Morrison and Miz storyline. But I would hope it helps Cody more than Ted because Cody, in my opinion, has the more talent out of the 2, while Ted has the better mic skills.

I believe this feud would be a lot of fun for these 2 and for the audience bear with me but if Cody becomes a face and really becomes the peoples man and his gimick is that he works for everything and gets a IC title run or something like that and he becomes a name like MVP or something like that over time and people really like him.

While all that is happening Teddy is the heal that can stand back and watch while he uses money to win matches via paying refs, opponents, wrestlers, makes that stable what ever its called and everything goes his way and still holding the $$$ title.

Now this will take a year to do or even 2 so they will be pretty big stars or atleast upper mid card. Then the showdown that leads to wrestlemania like the hardy boyz match then the magic happens.

Geez. Where to start? First off, I'd like to point out that I'm really not a fan of WWE giving Ted Jr. virtually every aspect of his father's gimmick. That gimmick was great, but it never broke the glass ceiling for his dad. So I'm really not having high hopes for his son's chances either. Look at it this way. Ted jr. is not nearly as sinister a character as his father, he's not nearly as good on the mic as his father OR as anyone is saying he is, and no one really cares about him right now. And the fucked up thing is that he's better off than Cody despite all of that!

Cody has already been reduced to superstars in what, hardly a month since the draft? At least Ted is on Raw every week. He even got to keep their music. Which might not seem like all that big a deal to most, but both Edge and Jeff Hardy kept their original tag team music and Edge and Hardy collectively have what, 12 world titles between them? Whereas their partners, Christian and Matt, got new music and how many legit world titles in the WWE? 0? Just checking. I rest my case on that front.

Now would I like to see these two in a feud? Hell yes. Despite Ted's sub-par mic skills and Cody's sub-par almost everything, they are both above average ring workers. It's just a shame that neither of them are what I would consider "the complete package". Let's face it. Cody can't talk and he looks really weird. It's his face I think. But that's really neither here nor there. And it would be tough to pass off a feud between these two cuz Ted's a heel, and that ain't changing for awhile. If they wanted Ted to be a face, then Randy Orton would still be a heel right now. Crazy, huh? And Cody is gonna have trouble getting any crowd reaction at all. So chances are, we will never see this properly come to fruition. In fact, I'd bet that Cody gets future endeavored before they even get a chance to think about it.

While this feud would be very good to see, I somehow feel that I wouldn't want to watch it until they're both at main event level, because I feel they can be THE feud of the future and why launch it off too early if you can make a success out of it with a feud when they're both main event material?

Besides, right now, it wouldn't work, WWE wouldn't be doing cross-brand feuds unless it's clearly for a world championship (Randy vs Swagger) due to the fact that the opponent basically isn't allowed to be popping up on the other show, and the feud wouldn't be able to be furthered properly.

I think, if they are to launch the feud at any given time, before their main eventers, or back on the same show, it will be at Bragging Rights, which isn't now quite obviously, so we're gonna have to wait for that feud.

I forgot about this law. Tag team partners must feud. ALWAYS. It is the LAW!

Really? They get to walk alone in singles competition and the first thing that springs to mind is to have them work together in the ring again? What logic is there to that? And why would they feud now? There was zero friction between the two. No. They should not feud. Not now. Save it for... I don't know... Wrestlemania 32 or something. When they are hopefully huge names. They had a guideline for The Legacy. It was called Evolution. Yet The Legacy was a bust. Now they have another guideline for these two should they choose to accept. Triple H/Shawn Michaels. That's how you book a rivalry of this type. Give it time. "Laws" are meant to be broken.

While this feud would be very good to see, I somehow feel that I wouldn't want to watch it until they're both at main event level, because I feel they can be THE feud of the future and why launch it off too early if you can make a success out of it with a feud when they're both main event material?

Besides, right now, it wouldn't work, WWE wouldn't be doing cross-brand feuds unless it's clearly for a world championship (Randy vs Swagger) due to the fact that the opponent basically isn't allowed to be popping up on the other show, and the feud wouldn't be able to be furthered properly.

I think, if they are to launch the feud at any given time, before their main eventers, or back on the same show, it will be at Bragging Rights, which isn't now quite obviously, so we're gonna have to wait for that feud.

The only problem with waiting til they are both in the main event is that I don't think either of them will have their respective gimmicks by then. This would be a great fued in a few monthes if both get a decent push to make them a little more crdible this could be a good PPV co-main event type match. The great part about the whole thing is the Legacy factor and that their gimmicks are polar opposites. I would love to see this maybe around Money in the Bank if everything falls into place.

The only problem with waiting til they are both in the main event is that I don't think either of them will have their respective gimmicks by then.

Sure I guess that's right, but why in the world would WWE throw such two gimmicks that seem to resemble their parents so much (Ted DiBiase to say the least) for the sake of throwing it out in a few months / a year's time? because it wouldn't take much longer than a year's time to push these two to the main event picture if you ask me.

This would be a great fued in a few monthes if both get a decent push to make them a little more crdible this could be a good PPV co-main event type match. The great part about the whole thing is the Legacy factor and that their gimmicks are polar opposites. I would love to see this maybe around Money in the Bank if everything falls into place.

Sure, it would be great to watch the feud no matter when it happens, but I think that it will be that much greater and special if we're to watch it when they're both at main event level, perhaps over a world championship for that sake.

And sure you could work a program between the two to make them more credible, but if you ask me, the only time that really works in the mid-card (where they are, they're not really at the upper mid-card just yet if you ask me) is when they're trying to elevate one person into a mid-card championship, with the champion who's therefore at the upper mid-card, at least that's how I've been seeing it as of late, I'm guessing that's the only way we'll see these two feud if it's to make either of them more credible and put them over.

Sure I guess that's right, but why in the world would WWE throw such two gimmicks that seem to resemble their parents so much (Ted DiBiase to say the least) for the sake of throwing it out in a few months / a year's time? because it wouldn't take much longer than a year's time to push these two to the main event picture if you ask me.

I don't know why exactly but now that I had a second to think about it, this could end up being like the Austin-Rock fued for the IC Strap. Not saying these two will be the next Austin or Rock but that if they did have theirselves a little fued right now it could lead to bigger and better things down the road once they get rid of their respective gimmicks and get more credibility.

I don't think it would either if that is what the WWE decides to do with them.

Sure, it would be great to watch the feud no matter when it happens, but I think that it will be that much greater and special if we're to watch it when they're both at main event level, perhaps over a world championship for that sake.

Me too, a few years down the road this could be a great Wrestlemania main event if their careers take off. For now I think it will just get them both in the co-main event, til they get over and into the main event.

And sure you could work a program between the two to make them more credible, but if you ask me, the only time that really works in the mid-card (where they are, they're not really at the upper mid-card just yet if you ask me) is when they're trying to elevate one person into a mid-card championship, with the champion who's therefore at the upper mid-card, at least that's how I've been seeing it as of late, I'm guessing that's the only way we'll see these two feud if it's to make either of them more credible and put them over.

I agree to an extent, I think if these two had a few matches they could get themselves over pretty good since they have a history and they would get some decent promo time.

I like both guys so this would great to see for me.

I don't know why exactly but now that I had a second to think about it, this could end up being like the Austin-Rock fued for the IC Strap. Not saying these two will be the next Austin or Rock but that if they did have theirselves a little fued right now it could lead to bigger and better things down the road once they get rid of their respective gimmicks and get more credibility.

That could very well be true, but the feud could very well take some other turn and become a Batista - John Cena feud as well you could say, with the fact that they went their whole careers and only clashed when they became main eventers, with the exception of a Royal Rumble clash which doesn't truly count.

Me too, a few years down the road this could be a great Wrestlemania main event if their careers take off. For now I think it will just get them both in the co-main event, til they get over and into the main event.

That's exactly what it could be, and I feel if it is to become an even greater main event, that the WWE needs to keep these two separated throughout their respected careers.

I agree to an extent, I think if these two had a few matches they could get themselves over pretty good since they have a history and they would get some decent promo time.

Sure they could get each other over, everybody can get each other over to a certain extend, but if we're to put someone over, we all know the perfect ingredient to that is mixing said wrestler with someone at the level where they wanna put him to.

I like both guys so this would great to see for me.

Oh I definitely like both of them as well, I think they have great potential to become, as I said, THE feud of the future.

I could see a very good match between the two, but just not yet, they've just kick started their singles career and adopted new gimmicks, plus they're on different shows...But this match could pretty much come in play after Summer Slam.

Can't remember who said it earlier, but it is a law that all former tag teams must face each other. And with this two, I can see it being a future HHH/HBK. That was one of the best fueds I have seen in wrestling(keep in mind I'm only 23 and started watching about 96ish) The two of them have AMAZING ring skills, but both need to work on their mic skills. But I'm not to worried about that. Wait a few years, let them make bigger names for themselves, get a gimmick that really suites them (not repeating their fathers' gimmicks) and let them go nuts. I would watch this fued and enjoy every minute of it. I personally am a bigger fan of Rhodes(dont ask me why, I dont really even know) but I can see Ted comming out on top of this one.

I always thought dibiase should continue on using his old man's gimmick, because he can't get over being generic, as for rhodes, rhodes is a better wrestler of the two, and a bit more personality, than dibiase, him being anti-dusty rhodes, could be intresting.

As for them feuding, these two don't come across as faces, so it would have to be strictly heel vs heel, which i don't think would work.

That is actually a great storyline, like others have said, it wont happen too soon. Ted is engaged in a feud with R-Truth, while Cody seems to be contending for the intercontinental title in the not too distant future. To cap my post off, I think it is a good storyline, but it won't happen. Well, atleast not for a while

Christ's sake, I hope not. It was difficult to watch them together in the same ring during Legacy. Wrestling each other? It's be torture. Putting two of the blandest, most inexperienced wrestlers in the company in a feud together would be a disastorous move. At least I would think so.

Let Ted try to be interesting by throwing around money and looking for a slave and let Cody do whatever the hell he's doing on Smackdown for awhile. Then we'll talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back