Press Release For Austin Aries Signing; X Division Being Redefined?

Joe's Gonna Kill You

The Hunt is On
IMPACT WRESTLING officially announced the signing of X-Division star Austin Aries, in what company officials are signaling as the first of several upcoming signees to a reinvigorated X-Division following the success of Sunday night’s “Destination X” live pay-per-view event. If you missed it, watch the replay of the "Destination X" event on your cable or satellite provider!

Aries, who will officially be joining the X-Division roster Thursday night on IMPACT WRESTLING (9pm ET/PT on Spike) earned a contract by winning a four-way match against hopefuls Low Ki, Zema Ion and Jack Evans in an unbelievable bout; IMPACT ZONE fans began a chant of “Sign them all!” after Aries took the win that went worldwide with a #SignThemAll trending topic across Twitter.

“Austin’s unique style and intensity will be a great addition to the X Division,” TNA Vice President of Talent Relations Bruce Prichard said. “Aries brings an arrogance and a confidence backed by tremendous physical ability.”

In addition to Aries signing, Prichard added, "based off of various X Division performances throughout qualifying events on IMPACT WRESTLING and Sunday night's outstanding “Destination X" pay-per-view, TNA will be signing several new additions to the X-Division roster in coming weeks.

“Our goal now is to reinvent and redefine the X-Division as something unique to all of pro wrestling,” Prichard said.

As for potential new X-Division Superstars, Prichard said that both former and new X-Division names are currently being considered, and that the evaluation will be ongoing.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...tin-Aries-More-Stars-Coming-To-The-X-Division

Thoughts on Aries joining the roster? Also what former and new wrestlers you would like to see brought in?

Always did like Austin Aeries. Glad he made it. I'd love to see Jack Evans and Petey Williams make the grade too. Too bad we probably won't be seeing Petey though.

Austin Aries is fucking awesome, but I'm dubious about this "we're reinvigorating the X-division" thing. Besides, Aries is maybe better on the stick than he is in the ring, something that is not true of most cruisers, so it'd really be a shame to see him relegating to spotfest instead of getting a shot to develop into a main event player.

No one will give a shit about the X-division until they start to book meaningful storylines. Brian Kendrick's nonesensical program with Abyss isn't exactly setting the world on fire at the moment. So I'd love to see them pickup guys from ROH like Roderick Strong and The American Wolves, I don't expect they'd even know how to use them properly at the moment.

Let's hope they aren't lying.

TNA needs to distance itself from WWE as much as possible, re-legitimizing the X division is a good start.

Another good signing following on from the resigning of Kid Kash. Austin Aries is a proven quality performer and will be a good addition to the roster. He has more than enough credibility and talent to be a good X-Division champion or TV champion, plus he can talk which is always a good thing and an advantage when pushing a storyline or gimmick.

I hope he will allowed to use the ring name "Aries" rather than the awful "Austin Starr" name he used during his last run with the company. I am enjoying the focus that TNA are placing on the X-Division right now, I hope they realise and remember that this is something that can differentiate the company from WWE in a good way. Long may it continue, and I am looking forward to seeing which other X talent they bring in in the near future.

Yeah Austin Aries is a fantastic signing and I hope they continue on with the great quality X Division matches we have seen in recent weeks.

The biggest problem with the X Division is 9 out of 10 of them have no mic skill or persona. They are great in the ring but you cant build a good storyline out of many of them. Kash is a proven, quality heel. Aries is gold in the ring and on the mic. Shelly can work the mic and with three good talkers and wrestlers you can carry the likes of Amazing Red through a story line.

Im really looking forward to this, I really hope they get the X Division back to its former glory.

Im really interested to see if Kash heads to Immortal to be their X Division guy...or Aries. Aries has that cocky swagger about him which I would love to see in Immortal... but Kash just has to walk out to the ring and he has heat.

Austin Aries is fucking awesome, but I'm dubious about this "we're reinvigorating the X-division" thing. Besides, Aries is maybe better on the stick than he is in the ring, something that is not true of most cruisers, so it'd really be a shame to see him relegating to spotfest instead of getting a shot to develop into a main event player.

No one will give a shit about the X-division until they start to book meaningful storylines.

I think adding personalities that can work on the mic, and who they can build stories around is exactly what they mean by "reinvigorating" the division. This already seems evident by the fact that the first new signings are Aries and Kash, the champ is Kendrick, and the #1 contender is Shelley- the thing they all have in common(besides being entertaining in the ring) is charisma and a comfortability on the mic.

I hope they do sign more, Austin is pure quality can't wait to see if they can do anything with him, hopefully they do sign all the guys into TNA they need to get rid of alot of dead weight though from their roster and quick.

This is great I am really glad Austin Aries won and is signed to the company. He can really the help the divsion maybe not bring it back to when the divsion was in its glory days. But still it is a start. As for who should Tna should sign I would like it if they could get Shima Xion and maybe bring back Sonjay Dutt or hire Paul London. They would make the X divsion way more interesting than it already is.

Austin Aries will be a breath of fresh air for the X-Division. I can't wait to see where he goes with the X-Division, and also in higher ranks with the company. I agree that they definitely shouldn't bring back "Austin Starr" though, just horrible.

I also think Kid Kash will be great to see. He'll bring alot to the table as far as being a veteran of sorts for the X-Division. I mean, it's not like Lynn or RVD are going to stick around in the X-Division.

Petey Williams, Jack Evans, and even though there's probably no chance of his return, Jay Lethal I think would all work wonders for the X-Division. Also, I don't think it would hurt to keep Christopher Daniels in the X-Division, he would give it tons of credibility.

Looking at the current X-Division roster, it definitely needs this reviving. Hopefully it can all work out with the new signings, because the division has definitely been floundering before Destination X.

I really enjoyed watching Jack Evans perform on Impact (didn't see the PPV). That guy was more over than any no-name wrestler I've seen, and I really enjoyed watching his moves.

Seems to be a pretty small guy, but his performance seems to be miles above anybody else in the x-division, right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back