Present to the past?

gh88us

Dark Match Winner
This is just a post to compare today's superstars to those of the past(80's-90's)

Example:

Cena today is the pasts Hogan, I say Hogan was better at selling a beatdown and actually making you think the bad guy had a possibility of winning.

Big Show is to Andre

The Miz is to Piper. This one I had difficulty with because I could have seen the Miz following in Flairs footsteps(styling, profiling) maybe even kept Flair to be his manager.

Fandago is HBK or Jericho I go more for HBK with Sherri, but Fandago needs to be more edgy.

Daniel Bryan to Bob Backlund both undersize but good wrestling ability
What are some of your thoughts on comparing today to the past ?

Well most of the comparisons you made just plain sucked and I am suppressing a strong urge to rip you from limb to limb coz you just put the words 'Miz', 'is', 'to' and 'Piper' in an unholy sequence.

Anyway, I'll bite and say none of the superstars these days are really like any from the Rock n Wrestling Era. The dimensions, personas are just dissected to fuck in our age and really wrestlers were just bring exposed back then. There is just no goddamn comparison to be made from any bygone era to this one at present. None.

Goodnight.

The Miz is nothing like Piper. Piper was very unique and The Miz is fairly generic.

To be fair, Fandango could pull of an young HBK type gimmick. If the dancing was toned down a little and there was more of a focus on him being a playboy then that could work. Obviously he isn't as good in the ring.

I can't think of any good ones and I know people will get pissed by I think are some elements of Owen Hart in The Miz. It isn't as obvious as Cena/Hogan but there are small things that were similar. Hart always had Lawler on commentary in the same way The Miz had Cole. Hart was an irritating, whiny,arrogant type heel; so was The Miz. Carrying around his Slammy Awards was another thing The Miz did.

Ok, I'm clutching at straws and a lot of the above is applicable to many different of superstars but I think there are some similarities between The Miz and Owen Hart.

That's the best I can think off other than the obvious Billy Gunn/Ziggler. Angle/Swagger.

I don't like comparing different wrestlers from different Eras, especially from that far back as i've only seen DVD's and wasn't even born haha. but from what i've heard, people seem to think Ambrose and Foley. I do't think they could be more wrong. you've always loved Foley, even when he was playing the bad guy, he always seemed so sweet (in a good but creepy way) where as Ambrose, in my opinion, should always be a HEEL, he should be the biggest dick heel in history, and i think he could do it. the only wrestler i can see being compared to Foley, would be Bray Wyatt.

Totally agree when someone says that superstars shouldn't be compared to each other. Anyway, just to play along, I'd say that Ziggler is a lot like Billy Gunn. I'd say that Ziggler looks like Gunn's younger brother in fact. :p

And then, Fandango is more like Val Venis.

Tensai is like Albert. Oh wait.

Damien Sandow initially made me feel like he is going the initial Triple H way. But not anymore.

Bryan is like a cheerful version of he who should not be named.

Also, isn't R-Truth a lot like this guy K-Kwik? Oh wait.

A couple come to mind straight away

Sandow: The Genius (the smugness)

Ambrose:Roddy Piper (just the madness about him)

Wyatt: Waylon Mercy (without a doubt)

Big Show: Andre

and did anyone else notice Mark henry doing a little JYD with the headbutt on his hands and knees against Ryback at survivor series???

Kofi Kingston:Koko B. Ware. Both extremely athletic face midcarders for life.

Evan Bourne:Billy Kidman. Both smallish high flyers that people seem to enjoy.

Dolph Ziggler:X-Pac. Get the fuck off of my TV please.

Ryback:Bobby Lashley. Impressive physical specimens who got the push of a lifetime bestwoed upon them. Never really connected with anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back