Praise Beysus!!!

Ugh this thread is supposed to be about praising Beyonce! Glad I stan for the best! Currently Beyonce holds the record for the most wins in one night by a female(tied with Norah Jones, Lauryn Hill Alison Krauss, Dixie Chicks, and Amy Winehouse). And with 10 nominations she ties Lauryn Hill with the most nods!
Metallica owns Beyonce.

Quite disappointed in the nominations. I had a quick scan through but the only bands I could see which I liked were MGMT and the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. So many good artists and albums not nominated :(

Quite disappointed in the nominations. I had a quick scan through but the only bands I could see which I liked were MGMT and the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. So many good artists and albums not nominated :(

This^^^^. Though, I did enjoy the end of the concert special, with Smokey Robinson and Ringo.

Well, since Milli Vanilli, anyhow.

Since forever. Any award show that claims to award the "Best in Music" but then refuse to acknowledge any musical acts that don't big hits on the charts is a sad joke. The idea that the best music in the world is only what you see on the pop charts is so ridiculous, I don't even really need to acknowledge it.

The problem is "Good" music is purely perspective, and to each his own. So, they kind of have to take the most liked and pick "their" favorites. That's the problem with any kind of award for music.

The rap categories disappoint me big time.

Best Rap Solo Performance
Drake – “Best I Ever Had”
Eminem – “Beautiful”
Jay-Z – “D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)”
Kid Cudi – “Day ‘N’ Nite”
Mos Def – “Casa Bey”

Mos Def should win this. I wouldn't be mad if Cudi won it either.

Best Rap Performance By a Duo or Group
Beastie Boys & Nas – “Too Many Rappers”
Eminem, Dr. Dre & 50 Cent – “Crack a Bottle”
Fabolous & Jay-Z – “Money Goes, Honey Stay”
Kid Cudi, Kanye West & Common – “Make Her Say”
Kanye West & Young Jeezy – “Amazing”

Beastie Boys AND Nas? Enough said.

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
Beyoncé & Kanye West – “Ego”
Keri Hilson, Kanye West & Ne-Yo – “Knock You Down”
Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West – “Run This Town”
The Lonely Island & T-Pain – “I’m On a Boat”
T.I. & Justin Timberlake – “Dead and Gone”

I don't like any of the songs on here, and I'm On A Boat should be nowhere near a Grammy. So I'll take T.I. And Justin just because Dead and Gone was a pretty good song. Yes, please shoot me now as I just said I'd vote for a song with Justin Timberlake for a rap category. I hate the Grammy's.

Best Rap Song

Jay-Z – “D.O.A. (Death Of Auto-Tune)”
Jay-Z, Rihanna, & Kanye West – “Run This Town”

I'm not voting Timberlake twice, so I'll vote Cudi on this one.

Best Rap Album
Common – Universal Mind Control
Eminem – Relapse
Flo Rida – R.O.O.T.S.
Mos Def – The Ecstatic
Q-Tip – The Renaissance

I wouldn't mind Common, Mos Def, or Q-Tip winning the Best Rap Album award. I would prefer Q-Tip or Mos Def taking it over Common however.

Best Rap Song
Jay-Z – “D.O.A. (Death Of Auto-Tune)”
Jay-Z, Rihanna, & Kanye West – “Run This Town”

I'm warning you now...If Best I Ever Had wins anything, I won't survive the night. It's running a race with Crank Dat for which song I'd most like to commit suicide to...

I'm warning you now...If Best I Ever Had wins anything, I won't survive the night. It's running a race with Crank Dat for which song I'd most like to commit suicide to...

If that fucking song wins anything, I'll give you a pistol and I'll have a pistol. I kill you, you kill me.

Yea... the Grammy's haven't been relevant in ages and were even more irrelevant nominating and giving that skank box cunt Amy Winehouse all of those Grammy's. And Beyonce's a product of the media. Yep. I said it. And Best I Ever Had fucking SUCKS! A girl I was seeing had that as her ringtone for me when I called. I told her to change the song. We got into a fight. I told her she wasn't worth the breath to talk to. She cried. I played PS3 and got on WZ.

Brandon - 1
Goofy bitch - 0

If that fucking song wins anything, I'll give you a pistol and I'll have a pistol. I kill you, you kill me.

Agreed.

I love AIC, but Metallica just made the biggest come back in the history of metal.

Except AIC is rock...So, yeah...

Not a Beyonce fan. Never have been.

Agreed.

And Best I Ever Had fucking SUCKS!

Agreed.

This post has too much agreement.

Yea... the Grammy's haven't been relevant in ages and were even more irrelevant nominating and giving that skank box cunt Amy Winehouse all of those Grammy's. And Beyonce's a product of the media. Yep. I said it. And Best I Ever Had fucking SUCKS! A girl I was seeing had that as her ringtone for me when I called. I told her to change the song. We got into a fight. I told her she wasn't worth the breath to talk to. She cried. I played PS3 and got on WZ.

Brandon - 1
Goofy bitch - 0

The Lariat. Unquestionable. Unemasculated. Uncensored.

The Fixer should win best Rock song.

Where the hell is Mastodon with Crack the Skye, which has been universally praised. Where is Porcupine Tree or Steven Wilson. I know Insurgentes was released earlier in the year but when was the cut off date for nominations? Because Steel Panther should have been in there for Comedy album.

The Fixer should win best Rock song.

Where the hell is Mastodon with Crack the Skye, which has been universally praised. Where is Porcupine Tree or Steven Wilson. I know Insurgentes was released earlier in the year but when was the cut off date for nominations? Because Steel Panther should have been in there for Comedy album.

Mastodon deserves real awards...

yeah but it is impossible to talk about the best metal albums of the year without Crack The Skye, The Incident and Wrath.

I fact what the fuck there is no Best Metal/Hard Rock album

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back