Pointless Wrestlers

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
In you're opinion what wrestlers bring absolutley nothing to the table?

I'm on about wrestlers who cant work or talk and just generally serve no purpose and dont benefit the product in any way. So that for example does'nt include Cena and J.B.L. who are both good on the mic or say Haas and Super Crazy who are good in ring workers but there promos are'nt up to scratch.

Batista
Viscera
The Gymini
Mark Henry
Umaga
Hardcore Holly
Mike Knox
Test
Gene Snitzky
Lance Cade
Trevor Murdock
The Great Khali

In my opinion these wrestlers dont serve any purpose in WWE and if they were fired it would be no grat loss to the company.

Considering his popularity, how does Batista not benefit the product, regardless of whatever skills he lacks?

As for the rest, WWE would go on without any of them, or pretty much anyone for that matter, but that doesn't change the fact that they all serve a purpose. Serving a purpose goes beyond just what they do on television. Having some of the lesser wrestlers at house shows, even to job most of the time, is of extreme importance to the company considering that having top stars in every single match at ever single house show isn't feasible. Sure wrestlers like that are replaceable, but by their replacments would still serve the same purpose, despite you feeling that they serve none. I do see what you're getting at (most of those guys having no on air significance) but overall they do have some.

hebijee said:
in batistas case u could plug in any big guy like that and it would work fine!

At this point he's the popular one with the name recognition. If WWE were to debut some new guy and instantly throw him into a feud with Booker T are you suggesting a duplicate response. That's not very realistic. There will be another big guy that gets good breaks and becomes popular like Batista some day, possibly soon, but that doesn't mean that once someone has a status it's just interrchangable. Ability wise yes. Popularity wise? Things lke that take awhile. I'd like to point out that I don't say those things as a dumb mark or anything. (He's in my sig but that doesn't mean that I'm a big fan of his or don't recognize his faults). I'm just saying that looking at the big picture, he is replaceable overall but not immediately. Since it's not immediate, he's not exactly "pointless."

not really batista has been there for a while and has gained popularity, ever since he injured goldberg

batista is just like goldberg and the ultimate warrior and guys like that, they are who vince makes them u could put any body like that any there and get that response he has been doing it for years

hebijee said:
batista is just like goldberg and the ultimate warrior and guys like that, they are who vince makes them u could put any body like that any there and get that response he has been doing it for years

Agian, the word "anyone" is overrused imo. You make it sound like with the right push the wrestler has to do absolutely nothing to make it work, almost as if reactions can be scripted. The right push and presentation only goes so far if the wrestler doesn't play their part to make it work. Could other wrestlers make certain gimmicks work? Probably although we don't know for a fact since that's not what happened. However, even if those other wrestlers could make it work it would be based partiall on their own doing, which doesn't seem to be taken into account.

thats what im saying all wrestlers like that really do, is yell when they are supposed to and do the "high impact" moves.

Right but you siad that anyone can do it but what if that "anyone" is a person that does the same exact impact moves and WWE tries to have a similar push but the wrestler doesn't click with the fans regardless? What I'm saying is that while certain roles could be successful with more than just the wrestler that's known for them, that doesn't mean that absolutely anyone is capable of filling the same role. Someone else could have had warrior makeup years ago and the same moves, attempted mannerisms, and push yet gotten no reaction. Gimmicks are open to more than just the person they're known for (in many cases) but aren't completely open ended to the point that absolutely "anyone" can pull it off.

Dysturbed said:
Right but you siad that anyone can do it but what if that "anyone" is a person that does the same exact impact moves and WWE tries to have a similar push but the wrestler doesn't click with the fans regardless? What I'm saying is that while certain roles could be successful with more than just the wrestler that's known for them, that doesn't mean that absolutely anyone is capable of filling the same role. Someone else could have had warrior makeup years ago and the same moves, attempted mannerisms, and push yet gotten no reaction. Gimmicks are open to more than just the person they're known for (in many cases) but aren't completely open ended to the point that absolutely "anyone" can pull it off.

A very good point, WWE pushed Billy Gunn throughout 1999 and he never caught on. It's the crowd that decide wheather to take to someone they dont cheer for who there supposed to these days.

if you take a look at all successful big guys like the the reactions are pretty much the same, and if a wrestler such as batista or any wrestler for that matter can not be getting a reaction at an event when it goes on air they will have one dubbed in, i have seen batista, goldberg, and even the warrior live and the reaction they get is lackluster but when i see teh same event on TV its huge, so i dont think reaction u see on tv is a fair assesment of the wrestler, most are just added in.

hebijee said:
if you take a look at all successful big guys like the the reactions are pretty much the same

You just went from saying that "any" big guy could do the same thing (meaning probably get a similar reaction since it's "the same thing" to only the successful ones can. So which it? Of course successful wrestlers are going to get similar reactoins cause that's what success tends to bring.

hebijee said:
, and if a wrestler such as batista or any wrestler for that matter can not be getting a reaction at an event when it goes on air they will have one dubbed in, i have seen batista, goldberg, and even the warrior live and the reaction they get is lackluster but when i see teh same event on TV its huge, so i dont think reaction u see on tv is a fair assesment of the wrestler, most are just added in.

You're only viewing sound as a reaction and furthermore are only focusing on taped programs in which the sound is dubbed. What about live shows and ppvs in which the few second delay isn't enoug to dub in sound on the initial broadcast? It can be but generally isn't as demonstrated by certain wrestlers sometimes getting bigger reactions in some arenas than others, which is to be expected based on various factors.

They can dub in sound, but do they dub in people standing up you see the wrestler coming out or standing in the ring. They can edit in crowd shots from a previous program but when you actually see the wrestler come out and the crowd surrounding him getting excited,
meaning live but not edited in) that's more accurate than sound alone. Plus you say that it's dubbed in "most of the time." Reportedly it's occasional to often depending on the program and situation, but "most" is supposedly an exaggeration.

actually they can thats why they do cut aways from the wrestlers

as far as which is it, i when i say successful big guys i mean guys they push,

hebijee said:
actually they can thats why they do cut aways from the wrestlers

I mentioned that they can do it but provided specific situations in which they clearly don't.

They can edit in crowd shots from a previous program but when you actually see the wrestler come out and the crowd surrounding him getting excited, meaning live but not edited in) that's more accurate than sound alone. When I say crowd surrounding them I mean the crowd that is actually visibily on the screen with the wrestler not the crowd that's dubbed in.

What it boils down to is that while there are times that a wrestler is presented to be more popular than they are there are even more times when the wrestler actually is popular based not just on push and presention, but what they help do on their own accord and without editing. You may refuse to acknowledge that, but it clearly exists.

Look at some one like Cena. Technically “anyone could be in his situation” and get an extended push on the top but that doesn’t automatically mean the same response (positive or negative), just as it doesn’t automatically mean the same with the guys that you mentioned. Also reaction doesn’t just have to do with anything on television either.

sharkboy and norman smilely (or whatever his name is), both could be easilly replaced in TNA(the good wrestling promotion)

yeah those are guys that tna uses on the new wrestlers and wrestlers just need to get airtime one

While you feel that having more talented guys on television is better for them and the company than the less talented ones, (which makes sense) that would mean that a more talented wrestler will be slated to lose the match in favor of someone like Smiley losing it That might annoy you as well. Basically it's a no win situation. Have jobbers on instead of "talent" and fans won't be happy and will ask "why isn't this guy on television?" Have the talent on television and the general complaint from posters may turn to "now that the wrestler is on television why aren't they getting a bigger push." Basically there's only so much airtime to give a certain amount of pushes so rather than tease you by having certain guys appear, they don't appear at all at times until there's something more meaningful to do with them. So it's either a matter of being patient for a chance to hopefully come or seeing a teased version of that chance. Either way will have it's faults, yet also have a purpose.

all those cruiserweights on smackdown...........nuff said.

seeweed said:
all those cruiserweights on smackdown...........nuff said.

A lot of the cruiserweight have no charisma but they all have wrestling ability, there just not allowed to excell like they would be able to in a different promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back