Please Give Us RVD VS AJ Styles @ BFG

Ryanhitman316

Pre-Show Stalwart
For so long we have talked about dream matches. From Kurt Angle VS Bret Hart, Stone Cold VS Hulk Hogan, Sting VS Undertaker, etc. One of the dream matches that has been talk about is RVD VS AJ Styles. Now seeing that RVD is in TNA we may have a chance of witnessing this dream match. I am hoping that TNA will see the day where they will have a RVD and AJ Styles feud.

I will post up on Facebook and on TNA wrestling when TNA is live in the chat room about this match. I am hoping that TNA will hear us and give us this match. Bound For Glory is the biggest PPV for TNA, and I believe this match will totally increase the ratings and buy rates. What do you guys think?

I can't see them waiting until BFG to give us that match, it's absolutely a money match but so is any combination of RVD, Angle, Hardy and AJ.

You can add Wolfe, Anderson and Dinero to that mix but to the mainstream audience, those four would get ANY fan in. I challenge any one to refuse a card mainevented by something like that.

I want to see both RVD and Hardy working hard to earn the chance to ME at BFG and if they can spearhead the charge to get more viewers then sure, they deserve the chance at BFG.

RVD (& Hardy) are a risk to put in the World Title picture because of their past. You cannot discredit their mainstream appeal however. But I doubt they will wait until BFG and I would be surprised if RVD was the one who got the shot. I dont doubt his drawing or wrestling ability, moreso his ability to work a heated match that would last more than 20 minutes and not be a spot filled gimmick match.

AJ vs RVD is one of the only few dream matches left in wrestling, so i say let them wrestle at BFG 6 and let them tear the fucking house down. The atmosphere would be off the charts.

Are you fucking kidding me? "I would be surprised if RVD was the one who got the shot. I don't doubt his drawing or wrestling ability, more so his ability to work a heated match that would last more than 20 minutes and not be a spot filled gimmick match." RVD was the fucking man in the REAL ECW, and he constantly wrestled well past the 20 min mark. RVD had to change his style in order to adapt to the TV time, and style of the WWE. His first match with the WWE was against Hardy for the Hardcore title and he put on a clinic on what real wrestling is. He had classic matches with Jerry Lynn in ECW, going 40 plus minutes. That's a real fucking match, not this crap we get today. I will say that I have started watching a little TNA since Bishoff and Hogan have joined it and it's gotten extremely better over the crap they were putting out when they had "black reign" and the "Kings of Wrestling" crap. RVD is the type of wrestler they need and let AJ be phenomenal.

TNA knows this match is to good to pass up.IMO we will see this match happen very soon.Since TNA is trying to build AJ as the top Heel right now and RVD is very talented and a great draw the match is going to happen.I would add Hardy or Daniels to it and have that at BFG.

I would love to see this match. RVD VS Styles can be looked at as a dream match. It's highly likely TNA will have AJ remain a heel longer, and RVD will surely become a part of World title picture soon enough. There's a good chance this match could main event BFG because RVD is a big name in the wrestling business, and Styles is the man. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if TNA did this earlier than BFG. It would be awesome to see this match headline TNA's flagship ppv, but there's also a chance Hardy could main event that show.

This match will happen. I find it hard to believe that TNA would pass up a golden opportunity like this.

Ever since A.J became a main stream star people have always had the idea of AJ and RVd in the back of their mind and i agree that if they had it at BFG it could be a 5 star match hands down. I just hope that if/when they start the fued it has real meaning to it i really can't think of the situation to bring them together just yet but thats prolly because he need sto finish his fued with THe Pop first but if it does happen i hope they put it together correctly

i agree with Killer68. when i was reading this i was thinking about that RVD v. Jeff Hardy feud during Invasion 01. RVD is at the very least still at the level of talent he was 9 years ago. Jeff Hardy is just SO MUCH BETTER now than then. I think that's the dream feud because if they could captivate audiences 9 years ago, imagine a more veteran Jeff involved now. Now this is not a knock on AJ Styles. I view him as better than both. I'd love to see AJ v. RVD. I'd LOVE to see AJ v. Jeff (and i think we will soon). But an RVD v. Jeff Hardy feud............it can't get any better than that.

in a slightly related note to reminiscing of old good feuds. I remember a year or two ago a feud with Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson on WWE Raw where they would wrestle every week but never got the PPV spot I felt it deserved. I look forward to TNA rehashing that feud again.

i would love to see aj vs rvd but i think because of hardys drawing power they will give him a shot first. top face vs top heel and im sure it will bring in huge ratings for them and even though i hate to admit it more so than rvd vs aj.

TNA knows this match is to good to pass up.IMO we will see this match happen very soon.Since TNA is trying to build AJ as the top Heel right now and RVD is very talented and a great draw the match is going to happen.I would add Hardy or Daniels to it and have that at BFG.

In all honesty, you read my mind. I would definately pay to see Styles, Hardy, Daniels, and RVD square off. Even if it were a pure spot-fest, these four men could put on a hell of a show. And putting the title on the line would just add to the titles credibility.

A.J. Styles vs. RVD, how awful. Those two would work terribly with each other. Give me RVD vs. Jeff Hardy or even RVD vs. Abyss. Van Dam in WWE was terrible, yet his matches with Jeff Hardy were usually pretty good, Hardy has improved oodles as an in ring performer since and RVD will now be able to do the stuff in TNA he was doing in WWE until he was told to cease and desist. Or have him face Abyss where he can give the big guy an Van Daminator, smash up his face and Abyss will be happy about it. Or RVD can jump into the crowd, break the leg of the child and be greated with a genuine ''holy shit'' chant.

I expect D'Angelo Dinero to win the title at Lockdown, and Sting to finish up his feud with RVD there. I also see Abyss turning on Hogan at some point to make him a monster heel, which would put him in contnetion for the world title against Dinero at the next ppv, leaving Angle, RVD, AJ and Hardy with nothing to do. Who smells a massive drawing no.1 contendership match?
Imagine those four, in a four-way match. It could be elimination, it could be a ladder, cage, hardcore anything match, and it could bring a horse to water AND make it drink.
Then it'd probably be AJ who gets the win to continue his feud with Dinero, but they could all feud with each other in theory.
There are just so many money matches yet to be done in TNA-
RVD vs. Desmond Wolfe- Two cornerstones of the no.3 promotions face off
RVD vs. Jeff Hardy- Been done in WWE, but was always great and would draw
RVD vs. Kurt Angle- Probably been done in WWE, but would be an intereting matchup
RVD vs/ AJ Styles- As mentioned in the title
RVD vs. Sting- In progress
RVD vs. Dinero- Would be a good match
Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy- Two former WWE world champions, two of TNAs biggest stars? Yes please.
Kurt Angle vs. Dinero- Would have a great feel to it, and be an entertaining affair
Jeff Hardy vs. Sting- Two men of mystery with a thing for facepaint? Wowee.

THats just naming a few. RVD in particular, having never been in TNA, and having not been around for a while, has a plethora of dream matches at his disposal. DONT WASTE THIS CHANCE TNA!

Not really what I consider a dream match. Where is the tension? Where would the mic work be in this thing. I see them seeing eachother a lot as we see the four heels against the four faces, and I am sure they will fight. But even though I am not a fan of him anymore, Jeff Hardy against Styles has the makings of a great Bound For Glory match, moreso than RVD versus Styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back