• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pick Your Poison: Cena or Batista

Pick your Poison, who would you rather see in the title picture

• Cena

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Alright it's just like the Cena triple H thread, you pick who would rather see in the title picture Cena or Batista, for me I would have to say Cena in this one, he can at least cut a passable promo, and some of his matches are actuelly watchable, unlike Batista who just plain sucks, no promo skils, no wrestleing skills, and no charisma, I would rather see Cena as champ for a year and a half than to see Batista in the title picture at all for another two months, I highly dislike both of them but if I have to choose one than I got to go with Cena

Good thread Justin.

I've chosen Cena, he can actually put out a watchable performance, he is capable of a lot more though and can put on an ok Gimmick (even if he tries to be like the rock too much)

Batista; I find very dull, he can't wrestle so why has he been the number 1 contender ever since Wrestlemania? it's time to get over it pick someone who can wrestle (ESPECIALLY WHEN KHALI IS THE CHAMP) teach Batista how to do a promo, and how to lift people up.

That being said I still think Cena sucks!

While I am not a fan of either, Cena is much better than Batista. Cena at least has charisma and can cut a good promo, while Bastista struggles to get a believable sentence out on the mic. Above all else, Cena has passion for the business. He may not be the best wrestler, but at least he loves the business and works his ass off.

Both suck an incredibly amount of ass but If I had to choose one I gotta go with

Cena- No matter how long this terrible reign of overcoming all odds has been I'd take any Cena match over a dull,boring Tista match any day. Cena actually has charisma,mic skills and can wrestle in MOTY candidates. He's still a shit wrestler and is getting more boring by the week but there was once a time when he didn't bore me. I cannot say the same for a Dave Batista.

Batista- One of the most boring champions,contenders I ahve ever seen in my life. 3 weeks ago on the Khali promo was one of the worst I had seen in quite a while. The guy has zero skills in anything it takes to become a big time player. He has only gotten this role because some kids/people like roided up powerhouses. HHH got Batista this spot but he doesn't deserve it as he is a dick to his fans(unlike Cena) and one terrible all around wrestler.

Without hesitation I voted for Cena.

I truly feel that the limited move set Cena has, the booking and the gimmick that was given by Stephanie McMahon all combined blinds many fans of the actual talent John Cena has. I have seen some actual good matches and at times people would agree he would pull a great match that night while some can be too blinded with the hatred and ironically doesn't give the proper credit when earned. I'm sure if John Cena were a indy wrestler or decided to sign with NWA-TNA back in the day and would be the current TNA champion right now he would be heavily praised by many fans. It's sad how someone with actual potential that grew up as a fan (something rare these days; a wrestler that's an actual fan) with the dream of becoming the champion had his reign/s somewhat destroyed when if he was used properly overall he would be an actual good champion.

What is there positive about Batista? He has the look of a champion but that's about it.

this one isnt even difficult. john cena is a little annoying and his gimmick is very stale but hes still as dedicated and works as hard as anyone and im pretty sure if cena did something as simple as turn heel, we all wouldnt hate him as much anymore because it would rejuvinate his character and be something fresh. batista on the other hand is miserable to watch. i cant even take him seriously. watchin batista vs khali is like waking up with a hangover. someone said batista has the look but nothing else. that was absolutely right. batista stinks. cena over batista without a doubt any day of the week.

ok let me correct you guys cena does the same moves every single night he added one which is the leg drop thats it but batista tryes to switch up moves everynight but maybe he cant cut a promo now but look back at the wrestlemania 21 promos that was good but he can work on his mic skills but itss to late for cena.

o and by the way the only reason he was contender on smackown after taker left he was the only main eventer left on smackdown after the raw draft cause smackdown was totally screwed.

ok let me correct you guys cena does the same moves every single night he added one which is the leg drop thats it but batista tryes to switch up moves everynight
Ok please explain to me when you have ever seen Batista switch up his moves, I've only seen him do three moves, Spear, Sitdown Powerbomb, and Spinebuster, that's it, Batista sucks, and does lees in the ring than Cena

but maybe he cant cut a promo now but look back at the wrestlemania 21 promos that was good but he can work on his mic skills but itss to late for cena.
WM21 promos sucked, they guy has never been able to cut a promo, Cena can, not a very good one but Cena can cut a promo, I've never heard Batista cut a halfway decent promo in my life

o and by the way the only reason he was contender on smackown after taker left he was the only main eventer left on smackdown after the raw draft cause smackdown was totally screwed.
He was constantly in title matches before Taker left!!!, and yes the reason he is in title matches now might be due to the fact that SD! is limited on Main Event talent, but it's not like they could just make a few trades and send some main event talent that way now does it, and lets not forget that they have Finley, MVP, Flair, Kane, etc. they could have put those guys in the title picture as well, not saying that they all deserve to be in the title picture but I think they could fill the spot for short term feuds until guys like Taker, Edge, and Rey came back, and why is Batista all of a sudden in the title match again at Unforgiven, they had the match set up to be Rey vs. Khali, and then out of nowhere all of a sudden we got Batista in the title hunt again, that's bullshit

Ok please explain to me when you have ever seen Batista switch up his moves, I've only seen him do three moves, Spear, Sitdown Powerbomb, and Spinebuster, that's it, Batista sucks, and does lees in the ring than Cena

well watch matches or do i have to dig em up like cryme tymes batista is alright well atleast he tryes.

WM21 promos sucked, they guy has never been able to cut a promo, Cena can, not a very good one but Cena can cut a promo, I've never heard Batista cut a halfway decent promo in my life.

well that was halfway it went with the storyline.

He was constantly in title matches before Taker left!!!, and yes the reason he is in title matches now might be due to the fact that SD! is limited on Main Event talent, but it's not like they could just make a few trades and send some main event talent that way now does it, and lets not forget that they have Finley, MVP, Flair, Kane, etc. they could have put those guys in the title picture as well, not saying that they all deserve to be in the title picture but I think they could fill the spot for short term feuds until guys like Taker, Edge, and Rey came back, and why is Batista all of a sudden in the title match again at Unforgiven, they had the match set up to be Rey vs. Khali, and then out of nowhere all of a sudden we got Batista in the title hunt again, that's bullshit

the problem is finlay is a heel wwe dont do heel vs. heel and flair come on look at hows been treated since he got over there.

mvp was strike that is a mid-carder.

kane after they screwed up mania no telling when those guys will get a one on one again unless its to hype up a promo.l

batista is the only one to fill it no one else can do it with there pushes.

Shockingly, I'm going with Batista.

Thing is with Batista and not Cena is that I don't have to see much of him. He's not on the mic TOO much, and he can't carry a match or be in a match for a long period of time. When it comes to the unnecessary promos, though, I lose that liking. I hate Cena's promos as of late, but they're still better than anything Batista can try for.

Cena on the otherhand I have to deal with 2-3 times a night (most of the time), and his matches last a lot longer than Batista's, and though Batista is losing a lot, I don't always know who's going to win, unlike Cena's matches.

As stated previously, they both are terrible, just when push comes to shove, I watch wrestling shows for the wrestling matches, not the promos. Again, they both suck, Batista more, and that's why he's better - he won't stay in the ring for long.

Hmm, both superstars are stale with their current gimmicks. Although, I would pick Cena over Batista because Cena seems to be more the company man.

I have read reports that Batista is not happy on the "B" show and that he is a bit of a bully backstages, cue fights with Ariel and Booker(both which have since left the company)

I never would have put Cena at the top of anything. I hate his gimmick, his entrance and his spinner belt. But then again, I hate Batista more, maybe because he is yet another tatooed big guy that was pushed to the top.

Well both suck, but i suppose if i absolutely had to pick one it would have to be cena. He's got like 4 moves where as batista has 3, and he doesn't botch them up as bad as Batista does. Though you should add an addition to that poll that says neither.....

Although I really dont like either, Id say Batista if it meant getting the title off of cena. Right now I dont wanna watch raw incase I hear 'The champ is here' cos it annoys me so much. So if it was a title match between batista and cena Id pick batista definately.

cena cuz he makes more money but fuck both of them they can't wrestler im just waiting for them to get busted with the steriods cuz look at them back in ovw and now look at them now come on now n y cena is still champ n bastisa is still in the picture it's bullshit

I have to go with John Cena he is a decent wrestler who is able to put on a good watchable match here and there and is still good at cutting a promo, and is still charismatic. I believe he is able to do more with given the opportunity and i believe he is held back because of business moves. Cena is also very dedicated to the business and tries to improve.

Batista on the other hand is very dull, cant cut a promo if his life depended on it. He can not wrestle his way out of a wet paper bag. He is very boring and i can not name a match in several years that was actually entertaining. He has the body of a champion, but everything else has was handed to him by HHH.

I got to say that the whole Cena keeping the title thing all the time is rather dull and boring but as far as a watching the matches put aside the result and who wins as most of the time you can tell i mean come on ! Cena can wrestlea decent match. Batista by the way guys , add one more move to his set , remember the shoulder thrust in the corner. LOL The last PPV with the whole draw thing was absurd. Batista has TOO much size just lie Khali.

AND BTW Batista can stay all roided up all he wants because WE ALL know that more roids = SMALLER Pee Pees !!!!

If i had to pick between cetard and batista, i would go with batista.

Cetard is fu#king superman in the wwe. He comes on basically every RAW and says the four words " The Champ is Here" and thats fu#king annoying. He's getting really dull and needs a heel change quick. That heel change goes for batista as well.
If Cetard drops the title to Orton at unforgiven then RAW will get interesting once again.

Both men have good points and bad points, but with both men the bad points outweigh the good points.

Cena: can cut a better promo than batista and he is very passionate about his job. but his matches can be unbearable and he is the superman of WWE.

Batista: at least he can be defeated unlike cena and his matches with Taker were good (even though Undertaker carried him through it). but his promos are terrible and he has no character at all.

both men have been in the main event match for about a year and i cant stand either of them but i'd go for cena because like foley is god said "he's a company man"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back