Phoenix Region, Vancouver Subregion: First Round: (2) Andre the Giant vs. (31) Haku

Who Wins This Match

• Andre the Giant

• Haku

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Phoenix Region.

This match takes place in the BC Place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

bcplace.jpg

#3 Andre the Giant

andre-the-giant.jpg

Vs.

#31 Haku

Haku.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Andre on his best day will murder Haku based on his strength alone, and he's not particularly a slouch in the ring, but he's way too intimidating to be taken down that easily.

Haku will try to use the Tongan death grip, but Andre will overpower him, bear hug him, and squeeze him until his head pops.

My vote: Andre the Giant

It would be interesting to see how Haku stands up to Andre's powerful headbutts. I think they wouldn't have any effect. I even foresee a little bit of a rally for Haku, but Andre by a landside squash is the only way this could play out.

Andre the Giant, final answer.

I'm not going to vote on this one based on ability. I'm voting based on starpower.

Here's an anecdote: My mother, who constantly criticizes for watching wrestling at all (it's a running joke in this house) just asked me the other day, while the Big Show was on TV, "is that Andre the Giant?"

Andre is one of the biggest names in wrestling history, up with Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Haku? Long, long time wrestling fans know who that guy is.

Haku is one of the baddest motherfuckers in pro wrestling history. He has a reputation among wrestlers like no other. You ask any old school wrestler to name the top five legit toughest guys throughout the business' history, I guarantee Haku makes the cut with every single one of them. Like I said, he was a bad ass motherfucker.

Haku was also a damn good talent. His two US Title matches against Sting when he was Meng in WCW are two of my all time favorite Sting matches, and Sting is my all time favorite wrestler, so that says a lot.

So, yeah... I have to vote for Haku here. I just have way too much respect for the guy. Andre was a wonderful talent too, no doubt, but Haku was the motherfucking man.

Crazy beats big, every single time.

Vote Haku, lest he come to your house and fucking kill you.

Well, this matchup between two legitimate tough guys mostly comes down to this: who would be booked to win? In defense of Haku, this man was/is one of the single most dangerous men ever to set foot inside of a wrestling ring, but he is up against another man who was considered one of the most dangerous guys ever to set foot in the ring. Haku was a very good performer, but he is taking on a man who was arguably the second greatest star in the history of the wrestling business. To take the Kayfabe standpoint here, It plays out like a typical ATG match. Andre starts off strong, showing Haku his power is greater, executing moves to display his superior size and strength. Haku then gets in some offense,some chops and kicks, takng the Giant off his feet, maybe Andre allows himself to be bodyslammed, but then when it looks like Andre is in trouble, he comes back w/a series of chops of his own,executes a bodyslam then does a big splash for the win. Tough draw for Haku here, he desrved a better shot.

Andre wins this very fast, and even more convincingly. Andre reached a level of "over" that few men, if any could ever touch.

Many people see Andre as that broken down, slow, old guy of like 1989 or 1990. Andre wasn't always like that, as his illness caught up with and ended him.

But go watch matches for Andre in the 70's and watch the dude throw a Drop Kick. As crazy as it sounds, Andre can and did do it. Go watch matches of Andre defeating Hulk Hogan before the infamous Wrestlemania 3 Match and Body Slam heard 'round the world.

Haku, Meng whoever he was billed as this time was a beast. I know all of the stories and legends. But I bet you this dude never fucked around and tried to fight Andre. He would have had his head removed, kissed by Virgil and put back on his neck, backwards.

Andre would fight like 7-10 guys at a time and demolish them. Haku was a bad ass, but even he wasn't beating 7 guys at a time, let alone 10 or more.

I really wanted to vote for Haku, the man deserved to go through to the next round....he was one mean, tough motherfucker

But against Andre The Giant he comes up just short. The size of Andre prevents Haku from really being able to lock in the death grip or pull his eyeballs out, and he crushes the Tongan King with a splash for the win.

Andre looks exhausted after the match after taking alot of punishment and he raises Haku's arm after the match as a sign of respect to the Tongan warrior

Damn, I would've taken Meng (as that was my favorite character of his) over a ton of ppl in this tournement, but NOT Andre. I've read so many accounts of the toughness of Haku, but c'mon, this is ANDRE THE GIANT we're talking about here. Haku's toughness would've gotten him to the second round against a bunch of guys, but Andre is the 8th wonder of the world. He wins this match and goes incredibly deep in this tourney.

This is more or less a no brainer. Andre The Giant would not only kayfabe squash Haku in a matter of a very very short time, but from a non-kayfabe stand-point Andre was just a bigger name in the business, always were and always will be. Haku is nothing in comparison to Andre The Giant, and therefore Andre have to win this one.

Haku is a tough bastard, but the size of Andre is what will get him the win. Haku can be as strong as he wants, but it will take a lot to get Andre on his back for the 3 count and personally I don't see Haku possessing the skill set to get Andre on his back for the win. Andre will just be to big and to tough to knock over. Not to mention, if The Million Dollar Man is backing Andre then there is no way he doesn't win. Dibiase will make sure that Andre gets past Haku.

Yes, Haku is undoubtedly a mean ass, tough motherfucker. There's no arguing that fact. But one thing we're forgetting is how legit tough Andre was, too.

I've heard many an interview from various big names (Hulk was one, if I'm not mistaken) that made the point that you absolutely did NOT piss off Andre. Especially if you were about to wrestle him. The consensus was, if Andre did not like you or if you did something to piss him off, you would not win.

It wasn't the fact of being stiff, it was the fact of "if Andre would let you go over him". He was apparently, for all of his gentleness, mean as fuck if you crossed him. And nobody dared.

So while I give my utmost respect to Haku and his bad assed-ness I just can't put him over Andre here. Sorry Meng.

This would likely be a somewhat entertaining match. Andre the Giant was a pretty dominant big man with widespread appeal and recognizability. Haku was no slouch in his own regard either. Just psycho enough to be dangerous. But in the end, the choice is clear.

Andre the Giant.

Andre goes over Haku in every category except for speed.

Haku would no doubt be able to get in some offensive, but in the end Andre's size and power would just be too much for Haku to be able to handle.

Not too many people were able to go over Andre without help of some sort, and I don't Haku would be any different.

Haku is underrated as a wrestler, and was clearly one of the best "savage" characters that wrestling has ever seen. However, Andre the Giant was unquestionably one of wrestling's most biggest stars ever, both literally and metaphorically. He got the job done against a lot of people on a regular basis, and until he lost to Hogan, was nigh-on unstoppable. The ease with which an ageing, decrepit Andre beat up Haku at his peak at WrestleMania VI, shown below, is enough in my my mind to be sure that Andre would win this.

I don't care you are, look up at Andre and tell me you think Haku can beat him. He is 500 pounds of muscle and steel, I'd encourage Haku to try him. We're talking about an Andre at his prime with fists the size of an average person's head and he's not going to move if you push him. They always say that it is the first step with big men, get them off balance but it isn't so easy this time. Haku is sure a monster but he still hasn't showed the strength of being able to actually push 500 pounds so that it makes any kind of a difference or to even lift that, because you won't win with simply kicks and punches. Haku is going up against a different breed of heavyweight that isn't going to be phased by anything and it only takes a good minute for him to finish you and the bell is already ringing. And the advantage on Andre's part is that there is no way you can prepare for him! He is the only giant on this planet, the only true beast in the wrestling game. So Haku is going in with no real plan because there is no real plan for fighting Andre, without any wins over guys his size and Andre is known all over the world while if you asked an average wrestling fan to give a description of Haku, they wouldn't be able to. Nothing else is needed, pure victory for Andre, after Haku spends some time realizing he's screwed.

I don't care you are, look up at Andre and tell me you think Haku can beat him. He is 500 pounds of muscle and steel, I'd encourage Haku to try him. We're talking about an Andre at his prime with fists the size of an average person's head and he's not going to move if you push him. They always say that it is the first step with big men, get them off balance but it isn't so easy this time. Haku is sure a monster but he still hasn't showed the strength of being able to actually push 500 pounds so that it makes any kind of a difference or to even lift that, because you won't win with simply kicks and punches. Haku is going up against a different breed of heavyweight that isn't going to be phased by anything and it only takes a good minute for him to finish you and the bell is already ringing. And the advantage on Andre's part is that there is no way you can prepare for him! He is the only giant on this planet, the only true beast in the wrestling game. So Haku is going in with no real plan because there is no real plan for fighting Andre, without any wins over guys his size and Andre is known all over the world while if you asked an average wrestling fan to give a description of Haku, they wouldn't be able to. Nothing else is needed, pure victory for Andre, after Haku spends some time realizing he's screwed.
This applies to everywhere in life- How To Fight Someone Bigger Then You. Go for the face. A monkey will fling his hands at your face when he attacks, so that when you cover up he can rip off your genitals. The same principal applies here.

Crazy beats big, every single time, anywhere, ever. Obviously, people on these boards don't know enough crazy people.

This applies to everywhere in life- How To Fight Someone Bigger Then You. Go for the face. A monkey will fling his hands at your face when he attacks, so that when you cover up he can rip off your genitals. The same principal applies here.

Crazy beats big, every single time, anywhere, ever. Obviously, people on these boards don't know enough crazy people.

[YOUTUBE]IGOkpKHGG74[/YOUTUBE]

Meng tried to go for the face. What happened? Chokeslam. Loss for Meng.

I don't see why a prime Andre wouldn't do the same here.

[youtube]IGOkpKHGG74[/youtube]

Meng tried to go for the face. What happened? Chokeslam. Loss for Meng.

I don't see why a prime Andre wouldn't do the same here.
Because Meng let The Giant pick him up by the neck and back, then throw him to the ground, and then he laid there while The Giant pinned him?

Now, you tell Meng that he's being entered in the prestigious 5th Annual Wrestlezone Tournament, and what are the odds he'll go off script and into business for himself?

Also- I failed to see any biting of the face or attempts to pull eyeballs from sockets.

Does it? Then why did just about every competitor who went up against Andre go the exact opposite? You go for the face and you're stupid beyond belief. And even if you're able to land a few good punches, Andre still isn't budging here. I don't know if you meant for this to be a joke because honestly, you're absolutely finished if you go "for the face" and good luck reaching Andre's for that matter. Until you have a big man like him on the ground, you don't try and go toe to toe with him because he will always win! No matter what the persons skill level or how psychotic the person is, he will win and he will win easy. The only average sized man that ever beat Andre was Jake The Snake and it was a joke anyways, and I don't think Haku will have some boa constrictor laying around in his locker room anyways, so he's screwed. Oh and don't forget Bobby Heenan! Even if for some reason "crazy" is able to sneak an offensive manuever or two, Heenan is going to make sure it never even has the chance of giving Haku the three count and unless he was to dispose of him, he'd have to have Andre out first or he'd be turning around right into a patent Double Underhook Suplex that ends him for good.

Because Meng let The Giant pick him up by the neck and back, then throw him to the ground, and then he laid there while The Giant pinned him?

Now, you tell Meng that he's being entered in the prestigious 5th Annual Wrestlezone Tournament, and what are the odds he'll go off script and into business for himself?

Also- I failed to see any biting of the face or attempts to pull eyeballs from sockets.

I'd say the main reason why going into business for yourself is very apparent - you'll be booted out. Legitimate toughness is one thing, but if we went down this line then Ken Shamrock, Steve Blackman, Vladimir Koslov, Rick Steiner and Eric Bischoff would have claims to making the tournament and getting to later rounds.

André the Giant didn't lose via pinfall or submission for 15 years in the (W)WWF. Not only would he beat Haku, he'd decimate him. Possibly one minute of fruitless offence by the Tongan followed by a quick squash (literally). As the man himself once said "It's not my fault being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise."

Does it? Then why did just about every competitor who went up against Andre go the exact opposite? You go for the face and you're stupid beyond belief.
Have you ever fought someone bigger then you? I mean, substantially bigger, not being a 145lb guy filling a spot for the 155lb weight class.

There are three pains a man cannot ignore; eyes, teeth, and balls, in that order. If you ever want to scare the shit out of a big guy in a fight, you don't take a wrestling or boxing stance- you lunge inside his reach and try to put your index and middle fingers right inside the corner of the eye closest to the nose. Put a little bit of pressure there and anyone- I don't give a fuck who- is going to go from trying to fight you to trying to push you off.

In case you're curious, that's exactly what they teach in rape prevention classes. I learned that trick from a girl who weighed 85lbs.... and now I have a glass eye. (Just kidding. She consented.)

This is before you even have to study judo, which teaches you that size is fairly irrelevant, and momentum is more important. I've seen plenty of little guys bitch up people much larger then them.
FitFinlay4Life said:
Legitimate toughness is one thing, but if we went down this line then Ken Shamrock, Steve Blackman, Vladimir Koslov, Rick Steiner and Eric Bischoff would have claims to making the tournament and getting to later rounds.
Well, maybe they do. Except for Eric Bischoff, because taking a couple of tae kwon do classes does not make you legitimately tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back