Peoples Thoughts on Hogan and the expectations They Have on Him Never Jobbing

mr.davidson

Pre-Show Stalwart
O.k So Stay with me on This One..

For So long I have read on this Form that Hulk Hogan Never Jobbed enough to Help out Other Performers to Help Bring them to his level.

Now Hogan off the Top of my Head Jobbed for... Yokozuna, Ultimate Warrior, The Rock, Roddy Rowdy Piper (Who BTW refused to Jobbed to Hoagn afterwards Clean when Hogan did it for him), Kurt Angle, Brock Lesner,The Undertaker (Twice), and of Course Bill Goldberg.

The list goes on and on.

Now after watching WrestleMania 28 it got me thinking... How does the Rock Get of Clean and no One complains when he doesn't Job for Cena?? when if Hogan didn't Job for the Rock at wrestleMania 18 everyone would of bitched and complained

and one other thing came to mind when I watched the Undertaker Match... everyone is so in luv with Shawn Michaels carrier yet who did he job to on his way out.... hmm let me think .. the Undertaker... who didn't really need to get jobbed to... If Shawn is soooooo Great like everyone says then y didn't he put over younger talent when he was on his way out???

Again everyone bitched when Hogan didn't put Shawn over at Summer Slam....

So Just curious... Do U still think these Guys R better then Hogan.. I mean after all he has Jobbed to Many people who became Stars..... hmmm Does Hogan really deserve all the Heat he gets for not Soo Called Jobbing??? What R ur Thoughts on this???

well even though i do agree with you on a certain level i must disagree on the whole rock thing.

People bitching often forget that the rock jobbed a lot, specially during his prime, he put over triple h countless of times, put over goldberg, brock lesnar, and in his return match at wrestlemania XX he put over evolution which i did not expect. The Rock winning last night was solid booking work imo, Cena's been given the company and he has failed to deliver and catapult the business to the levels the rock and austin did before.

Now onto Trips, Taker and HBK. I think out of those three, and no im not an HBK fan, trips and taker seem to me the ones who dont really put over talent. Yeah they may lose but they win all the key matches which make all the other losses forgettable, i really hope this is the last we see of those three cause im personally sick of them.

Stop, just stop it man.

People ressent Hogan because Hogan pulled his veto card too many time. Rock has jobbed to Hurricane for a month for Christ sake.

People don't complain about the Rock because it was the ONLY... ONLY... did you get that... ONLY logical outcome from a business point of view.

Cena didn't need the win and the Rock needed the win so his future match will keep people's interest. If he can't beat Cena, what good can he do by doing future matches (and he will).

I wasn't mad at Hogan when he pulled his ace vs HBK, in fact I was mad at HBK for being so unprofessional about it the day he lost ando n Raw the next night, but still.

Rock just beat Cena and if you want to compare Hogan with someone as far as not jobbing, you need to compare it with Cena (and I'm sure Cena isn't the one who don't want to lose, it's usually the higher ups who want him to win).

When Rock was on top he was losing and winning equally he never went winning clean for so long that people got sick of him. And when he was walking out from the WWE to Hollywood he was coming back to do the job to Goldberg, Hurricane, Lesnar and others. You just can't compare Hogan to Rock, you can't. Rock is coming back and needed that win, it's not like he REFUSED to lose to Cena like Hogan did on numerous occasions.

Edit: Like I said, personally I'm not mad at Hogan that much and he isn't worst than HBK, HHH or others. I just get mad when a performer lose sight of the bigger picture. It's all fine when you are Austin and refuse to job to Lesnar because the feud could be so much more, but it's bad when you refuse for selfish reason, and most of the name you said have did it on some occasions (except the Rock).

Yes its my first post!!!

Regardless of your argument about Hogan and whether he jobbed or not - I think we all know that Hogan feels he is bigger than pro wrestling and that he is some sort of god. It's well documented he refused to be beaten by Bret Hart, he refused to lose to HBK and wouldn't job to the up and coming legend killer Randy Orton - he also spat his dummy out that he was fourth on the card that night and stated he was the companys biggest draw!?

But to have a seemingly ridculous pop at HBK and who he jobbed to on his way out? Come on man, he is without a doubt the greatest in ring performer of all time and he wanted Taker to be his last match... who can argue with that?

In his last run I seem to recall him 'jobbing' to Angle, Orton and Cena to name a few and if memory serves he tapped out to Cena and Angle at Wrestlemania. Talk about putting people over!?!

... correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that Vince wanted to give him one more title run but he refused to because of the limited schedule he was on.

If it wasn't reported a while back that there was talks of them possibly doing a best of three series i would have said Rock was a sure loser at Mania. Knowing the outcome now i think it was only done to have Cena ask for a rematch(which he will win at some point-maybe SummerSlam) then have Rock Cena 3 at maybe another Mania.

Or Vince might have just done it because 95% or more of the people probably expected Cena to beat the "Movie Star" since Rock was the part timer and Cena is the full timer.

Hogan jobbed to Angle and tapped out as well. He jobbed to Lesnar at a time when Austin refused to.

Yes, Hogan has refused to job many times (though the Bret one is just rumor.) He has been incredibly protective of his character. Guess what though? It's worked. He can still make people money and a win over him still means something to fans. You can't say that about most guys his age.

I do think the myth of Hogan refusing to job has been overplayed. He is willing to job, just not repeatedly. He doesn't want his character destroyed. People completely misunderstand his reasoning for his decisions.

The idea that he doesn't care about the business is completely bogus. Hogan jobbed to Jacques Rougeau in his tometown by CHOICE because of his respect for that family. He jobbed to Luger on Nitro cleanly because it was good for WCW to do that. (He got the belt back a week or two later by cheating) He jobbed to Arn Anderson on an episode of Nitro. He put Goldberg over. (Yes there were distractions, but he still sold Goldberg as a beast in that match) He put Piper over countless times.

I think there were two times that Hogan was simply "wrong" for how things went. 1) Hogan vs Sting, Starrcade 97. The entire working of this match was wrong and the finish was horrible. 2) Randy Orton. He should have done the job here.

Hogan jobbed to Angle and tapped out as well. He jobbed to Lesnar at a time when Austin refused to.

Yes, Hogan has refused to job many times (though the Bret one is just rumor.) He has been incredibly protective of his character. Guess what though? It's worked. He can still make people money and a win over him still means something to fans. You can't say that about most guys his age.

I do think the myth of Hogan refusing to job has been overplayed. He is willing to job, just not repeatedly. He doesn't want his character destroyed. People completely misunderstand his reasoning for his decisions.

The idea that he doesn't care about the business is completely bogus. Hogan jobbed to Jacques Rougeau in his tometown by CHOICE because of his respect for that family. He jobbed to Luger on Nitro cleanly because it was good for WCW to do that. (He got the belt back a week or two later by cheating) He jobbed to Arn Anderson on an episode of Nitro. He put Goldberg over. (Yes there were distractions, but he still sold Goldberg as a beast in that match) He put Piper over countless times.

I think there were two times that Hogan was simply "wrong" for how things went. 1) Hogan vs Sting, Starrcade 97. The entire working of this match was wrong and the finish was horrible. 2) Randy Orton. He should have done the job here.

What do you mean Hogan refusing to job to Hart is a rumor. That ain't a rumor.

As far as Hogan caring for the business,I don't know. Hogan was gonna do what was best for Hogan. You keep talking about the guys he put over and that's nice. But the one thing you don't mention is the fact that all of those guys were already major stars in the company when he did the job for them. Seriously,which one of those guys career was made by Hogan putting them over? Whose career did it really do anything for?

And you keep bringing up Goldberg. Please, the Goldberg/Hogan match was Hogan manuevering politically as always. One that match wasn't originally scheduled. The main event that night was supposed to be Scott Hall and Goldberg. Hogan saw that they were gonna draw a huge house and requested the match with Goldberg. That way it could look like it was Hogan who drew the huge house. And yeah while it's true that Hogan put Goldberg over, he did so by making sure that when the time was right,he would be the one to end The Streak. And yeah before you say anything,I know Hogan didn't end up being the one to end it.

And for that last little bit, you can add the 2nd Hogan vs Sting match from SuperBrawl and the whole fiasco at Bash at the Beach 2000,where Hogan refused to put over a guy who wasn't a major superstar.

I thought Jacques paid Hogan an exorbitant amount of money to job to him. Also, Hogan did it because it wasn't televised (Think it was 96ish and he didn't want to lose face). I don't know if those are just rumors but wouldn't that kill the whole respect for the Rougeau family thing.

I thought Jacques paid Hogan an exorbitant amount of money to job to him. Also, Hogan did it because it wasn't televised (Think it was 96ish and he didn't want to lose face). I don't know if those are just rumors but wouldn't that kill the whole respect for the Rougeau family thing.

I never heard anything about Jacques paying him a serious amount of money. Seeing as how it is Hogan,I wouldn't doubt it. But I don't know why he keeps mentioning that match,though. Where did it get Jacques over anywhere other than his hometown? Exactly.

He mentions Hogan putting over alot of guys who were already major superstars and really didn't need the rub. Beating Hogan for them wasn't a career defining moment. Yet he wouldn't put over Bret Hart in what could be seen has a "passing the torch" because he was "too small" Or he wouldn't put over Jeff Jarrett when doing so would have done wonders for Jarrett.

Hulk Hogan Jobbed to so many People.
He Jobbed in 1990 to the ulitmate warrior at wrestlamania 6.
He jobbed to the undertaker at survivor series 1991.
He jobbed to yokuzuna in 1993.
He jobbed to the Giant in wcw 1995.
He jobbed to roddy piper in 1996.
He jobbed to Lex luger in 1996
He jobbed to Sting in 1997
He jobbed to Goldberg in 1998
he jobbed to ddp in 1998
He jobbed to JAY LENO in 1998.
he jobbed to sting in 1999
he jobbed to Billy Kidman in late 1999
In 2002 he jobbed to The rock.
he jobbed to hhh in 2002.
He jobbed to Kurt angle in 2002.
he jobbed to The undertaker in 2002
He jobbed to Brock lesnar in 2002.
He jobbed again to the rock in 2003.
He jobbed to sting in 2012.

the lost goes on and on, so with PROFF hogan did job quite a few times to stars younger then he.

But the rock, pitiful.

Hulk Hogan Jobbed to so many People.
He Jobbed in 1990 to the ulitmate warrior at wrestlamania 6.
He jobbed to the undertaker at survivor series 1991.
He jobbed to yokuzuna in 1993.
He jobbed to the Giant in wcw 1995.
He jobbed to roddy piper in 1996.
He jobbed to Lex luger in 1996
He jobbed to Sting in 1997
He jobbed to Goldberg in 1998
he jobbed to ddp in 1998
He jobbed to JAY LENO in 1998.
he jobbed to sting in 1999
he jobbed to Billy Kidman in late 1999
In 2002 he jobbed to The rock.
he jobbed to hhh in 2002.
He jobbed to Kurt angle in 2002.
he jobbed to The undertaker in 2002
He jobbed to Brock lesnar in 2002.
He jobbed again to the rock in 2003.
He jobbed to sting in 2012.

the lost goes on and on, so with PROFF hogan did job quite a few times to stars younger then he.

But the rock, pitiful.

Okay,couple of things. With the exception of Billy Kidman, everybody on that list was one of the companies biggest stars when Hogan jobbed to them. And heck, did Jay Leno pin Hogan? Exactly. So what was the point of mentioning that?

As far as your beef with the Rock,I don't get it. I could see it if he refused to put Cena over. But lets stop acting as if the Rock never did a job before. You're coming off like some bitter Cena fan.

Okay,couple of things. With the exception of Billy Kidman, everybody on that list was one of the companies biggest stars when Hogan jobbed to them. And heck, did Jay Leno pin Hogan? Exactly. So what was the point of mentioning that?

As far as your beef with the Rock,I don't get it. I could see it if he refused to put Cena over. But lets stop acting as if the Rock never did a job before. You're coming off like some bitter Cena fan.

what do you mean, he put warrior over so warrior could be world champion.
he put over taker so he could be champion.
he put over giant to make him champion.
he put over yokuzuna to make him champ.
he put over Goldberg to make him champion.
he put over a much younger rock to make him the guy.
he put over lesmar to put him in a championship bout with the rock.
he put over a much younger kurt angle.

Do i have to continue. and i do belive JAY LENO even pinned hogan.

Now on the rock. I am not an avid cena fan. but when you come back after 9 yaers on a singles match and face some one that youger and a full time wrestler, you dont politic your self to win that match. I mean look at what hogan did for a younger rock in 2002 at mania 18. Hogan came back after 9 years as well, but for the love of the future of the business he decided to give up the spot light and job to a 20 year younger rock then him self. But tho rock think just because he is a movie star and a third generation wrestler, he think he could do what ever he wants and thats not right.

As far as Hogan caring for the business,I don't know. Hogan was gonna do what was best for Hogan. You keep talking about the guys he put over and that's nice. But the one thing you don't mention is the fact that all of those guys were already major stars in the company when he did the job for them. Seriously,which one of those guys career was made by Hogan putting them over? Whose career did it really do anything for?

Well Hogan was a main eventer basically his entire career. So yes, he was jobbing to main event stars. Who was helped by him? Well Brock Lesnar was not a huge star went he lost to him. Lex Luger was obviously a star but hadn't been a champion in years when he jobbed to him. Goldberg was the US champion when he jobbed to him.

And you keep bringing up Goldberg. Please, the Goldberg/Hogan match was Hogan manuevering politically as always. One that match wasn't originally scheduled. The main event that night was supposed to be Scott Hall and Goldberg. Hogan saw that they were gonna draw a huge house and requested the match with Goldberg. That way it could look like it was Hogan who drew the huge house. And yeah while it's true that Hogan put Goldberg over, he did so by making sure that when the time was right,he would be the one to end The Streak. And yeah before you say anything,I know Hogan didn't end up being the one to end it.

What? I don't believe this is true. The main event was announced by JJ Dillon on I think a Thunder. I remember Dillon vividly saying "if you are ever going to watch Nitro, make it next week" or something like that and announcing Hogan vs Goldberg. It was on the show that Hogan said Goldberg had to beat Hall. Or do you mean in local advertising for the show it was announced as Goldberg vs Hall? Either way, it was announced as Hogan vs Goldberg in advance of the card by at least 6 days as Thunder was taped on Tuesdays I believe. At worst it was announced to everyone by Thursday. Also, it is a rumor that Hogan agreed to lose to Goldberg with the intention of breaking the streak later. There's no reason to believe that is true though because Hogan never got involved again to actually do it. It's not like he got fired or retired the next night, he was around.

the whole fiasco at Bash at the Beach 2000,where Hogan refused to put over a guy who wasn't a major superstar.

This is bogus. Russo claims the entire thing was a work and Hogan and Bischoff basically say it was a work but that Turner and Russo made it a shoot after the fact firing Hogan because they didn't want to pay him anymore. The idea that what went down at BATB was real and that Hogan refused to lose to Jarrett is myth.

I'll quibble with this one. He didn't put over Giant. Giant beat him by DQ when Jimmy Hart attacked The Giant with the stip in the match being the title could change hands on DQ.

Now, Hogan put Giant over as a monster with the broken neck storyline and stuff, but he never put Giant over cleanly. This likely wasn't a political issue because Hogan and Paul Wight are good friends and Hogan brought Wight into WCW.

Long time fan from 88 here. From what i recall with Hogan over his entire career was that he was always going over from the early 80s to early 2002.

There were some he would put over, for example he put over Andre the Giant (but to protect his gimmick of being unstopable he had to have a swerve with the Hebners on Saturday Nights Main Event).

He put over Undertaker (again same happened, Flair had to interfere).

Okay - WM6 he "put" warrior over but even in his own autobiography he said "I was not going to let him take this from me. I got up and went over with the belt and gave it him. I left the arena with 60,000+ fans looking on at me as he stood with the belt hanging from him and nobody cared". That said, industry opinion is that Hogan was right to do that as Warrior had heat from everyone in the locker room at that time.

He refused to put Bret Hart over in 1993, but put Yokozuna over (stupidest outside interference ever). Then left to WCW.

In WCW he only really seemed to put Goldberg over in the right way. He put The GIANT (AKA BIG SHOW) over but I do not remember that time fondly as it was pre-NWO.

The return in 2002 was important, and in 2002,2003 and 2004 he put Undertaker and Rock over, but the way he lost to the Rock was ridiculous - he took the rocks fanfare.

He also didnt really add much to lesnar when he put him over.

He mostly did this because he probably knew he wouldnt have a job with WWE if he didnt comply.

The fact he wouldnt not only let HBK win in SummerSlam 2005, and refused to do so after that, was a surefire way to end his WWE career. It upset people.

He's now to old to go.

That said - he is an Icon and one of the biggest Superstars of ALL TIME. His peak in 1990 was phenominal. Only Austin has had a run like that.

You listed a bunch of guys he lost to? You could do that with any pro-wrestler - it is no proof to back up your argument!

The Rock winning is the only thing that made sense, you have close to 80,000 people there to see The Rock beat Cena in his home town there is no way that WWE was gonna send that many people home unhappy. Cena losing cleaning does more for the Cena character than just another Super Cena victory. Personally I can't stand the Cena character but this is the chance to move him in a different direction, his cockiness and arrogance towards the end last night was something different.

Anyway back to Hogan; he didn't really job to Yokozuna now did he? He didn't want to drop the title to a small face like Bret and came up with the idea of being 'blinded' by the camera thus not losing cleanly to Yoko. Not really giving someone the rub there is it? And is there any worse in the business at 'no selling' than Hogan?

The only person Hogan ever put over was Warrior. Remember this is the same Hogan whose ego wouldn't let him give Macho his moment at WM IV as he HAD to stay in the ring and spoil what should have been Macho's moment.

Keep in mind the Warrior loss was his only clean loss till Goldberg on Nitro in 98. And even Hogan's ego couldn't get in the way of that. Then his next clean loss was against The Rock. But by that time Hogan was over the hill and had to exept putting others over as he couldn't continue to be the man at 50.

But at the same time his ego is what took away what should have been Bret's moment at WM IX. Instead he losses to Yokozuna after taking a freaking fireball. Yoko was never a threat to Hogan's legacy. But Bret was and because of that he couldn't let Bret beat him.

First of all idk where you've been reading but alls i see is salty cena fans bitching and moaning. Secondly, the rock has jobbed more times than ppl give him credit more. Put over austin twice at mania, brock lesnar, goldberg, kurt angle, HHH (lord knows how many times), THE FUCKING HURRICANE.... i can go on and on. The Rock never has had a problem putting anybody over. But the one time he doesnt put over John Cena (As if 90% of you would have killed to see this happen 3yrs ago) he's an egomaniac.

The rock gets a lot of unnecessary flack. After everything ive heard and seen on these threads and in regular conversation, not one single person has put the blame on who really deserves it. Not wun person has sited Vince McMahon, the man who makes the decisions, as the problem. As big as the Rock is, I doubt he has much creative control. Vince McMahon wanted this match to go a certain way and thats exactly what happened. Rock and Cena were simply doing what they were paid to do. Dont blame the Rock, blame the people that facilitate his success. And i you cant do that, then your are probably wun of those fans who only are never satisfied with anything, unless the WWE pushes their favorite wrestler...immature

Now on the rock. I am not an avid cena fan. but when you come back after 9 yaers on a singles match and face some one that youger and a full time wrestler, you dont politic your self to win that match. I mean look at what hogan did for a younger rock in 2002 at mania 18. Hogan came back after 9 years as well, but for the love of the future of the business he decided to give up the spot light and job to a 20 year younger rock then him self. But tho rock think just because he is a movie star and a third generation wrestler, he think he could do what ever he wants and thats not right.

Where are you getting your info on The Rock dude? He won yesterday... YESTERDAY and I haven't seen ONE report that he used politic to won at Mania.

Rock won because Rock NEEDED to win on EVERY BUSINESS LEVEL!

The Rock is coming for more than one match dude and he needed a victory to show that he still "has it". Rock won because it made sense for him to win. Cena didn't need the win, Cena needed to lose and needed a credible nemesis. Now Cena has 2 credible nemesis, Punk and Rock.

Do you remember when HHH was using politic all the time as his heel champion run that last I don't remember how long. I was a HHH fan and I've always been, but even I was getting sick of him winning. Our last hope against HHH, because he had buried everybody on the roster, was RVD and that was before RVD got his big push. RVD at that time was like when Dolph Ziggler got a title match against Punk.

Cena is/was at that point, he had no credible challenger, did you hear how bad the singer got booed when he tried to make people believe that Cena was an..... UNDERDOG.

Rock didn't politic (well maybe he did but there's still no report on it), but there was no sense in Rock coming back and losing it's first match, it would have devalued every possible future match he could have.

Hogan and it's WELL KNOWN hotshot himself in some hot angles like the nWo, Goldberg streak and other things. Get me straight I like Hogan and don't ressent him, but you can't say Hogan job to x and y but Rock is pathetic when the Rock jobbed to Austin, HHH, Lesnar and Hurricane..... HURRICANE!

Just like Hogan and Vince, Rock know when it's smart to job and when it's smart to not do it. The guy who is there all night (Cena) can turn around and win for 6 months straight for all we know. But the guy who do 2-3 matches a year need to win some to gain some credibility back.

what do you mean, he put warrior over so warrior could be world champion.
he put over taker so he could be champion.
he put over yokuzuna to make him champ.
he put over Goldberg to make him champion.
he put over a much younger rock to make him the guy.
he put over lesmar to put him in a championship bout with the rock.
he put over a much younger kurt angle.

Do i have to continue. and i do belive JAY LENO even pinned hogan.

Hogan is alot older than the rock. He passed the torch. Cena is only four years younger than the rock both of them need to put over the younger stars. Beating the rock was not going to make or break his career. I think over a year ago, Cena approached the rock about the two having a match and the rock sad ok but only if I when no matter what and Cena agreed to it. I also thought the Undertaker and Triple H match should have been last. That match with Cena and the Rock wasn't that great. Did anybody notice a Miami heat v/s the Boston Celtics thing between the Rock and Cena. The Miami Heat and The Boston Celtics played earlier. The Rock is from Miami and Cena is from Boston. He even came out in a new shirt made from the trademark of the Boston Celtics. I was like look at that.

I think the Rock winning last night made perfect sense, especially if he is going to be used again going forward. Hogan would put guys over when it made sense. Hogan was the biggest icon in the sport so in his best interest and in the interest of whoever he was under contract with, it made sense for him to be "the man" to beat. That way, when he does put a guy over, it means something special.

Oh and I wouldn't say Hogan "put over" Yokozuna. He, more or less, sold the fact that flash photography is dangerous.

Hogan gets a bad rap in terms of never putting people over. He was/is very protective of his spot, but he's spent this century putting people over as superstars, even if he didn't necessarily job out.

During Hogan's 02-03 WWE tour, he jobbed like a maniac and really, really gave back to the business. Prior to that point in time, there was a fair argument against Hogan (he'd made Warrior and Goldberg look like a million bucks, but was pretty protective otherwise.)

In 02, Hogan put over Rock huge (WM18 really was the moment that the Rock went from Superstar to Icon/Living Legend, and that's all from his feud where Hogan brought him up to his level.) Hogan let himself get squashed by Lesnar, setting Lesnar up as even more of a credible title threat. Hogan also teamed up with Edge and helped give him a very big face rub. Since then, Hogan went out of his way to give a rub to John Cena as The New Hogan back in 05-06.

Hogan's not perfect, but he's definitely helped elevate guys when he thinks their ready and in his defense, he's been right on all of them having superstar stuff. WRT The Rock, he has always, always, always put other people over. In this feud alone, he's finally elevated Cena past "top guy in the company" up to "icon" status (just like Hogan did for Rock, and Andre did for Hogan.) The big difference is that Cena hasn't gotten his win yet, but when he does (and I think there will be a rematch) that'll be the moment that puts Cena over the top in icon status, and he frankly needed The Rock (or someone like Taker) to get him there.

The only way to make a legend in this business to elevate someone new to the level of the existing legends. Rocky's doing that with Cena. The job will be complete when Cena gets his win back.

Hogan gets a bad rap in terms of never putting people over. He was/is very protective of his spot, but he's spent this century putting people over as superstars, even if he didn't necessarily job out.

During Hogan's 02-03 WWE tour, he jobbed like a maniac and really, really gave back to the business. Prior to that point in time, there was a fair argument against Hogan (he'd made Warrior and Goldberg look like a million bucks, but was pretty protective otherwise.)

In 02, Hogan put over Rock huge (WM18 really was the moment that the Rock went from Superstar to Icon/Living Legend, and that's all from his feud where Hogan brought him up to his level.) Hogan let himself get squashed by Lesnar, setting Lesnar up as even more of a credible title threat. Hogan also teamed up with Edge and helped give him a very big face rub. Since then, Hogan went out of his way to give a rub to John Cena as The New Hogan back in 05-06.

Hogan's not perfect, but he's definitely helped elevate guys when he thinks their ready and in his defense, he's been right on all of them having superstar stuff. WRT The Rock, he has always, always, always put other people over. In this feud alone, he's finally elevated Cena past "top guy in the company" up to "icon" status (just like Hogan did for Rock, and Andre did for Hogan.) The big difference is that Cena hasn't gotten his win yet, but when he does (and I think there will be a rematch) that'll be the moment that puts Cena over the top in icon status, and he frankly needed The Rock (or someone like Taker) to get him there.

The only way to make a legend in this business to elevate someone new to the level of the existing legends. Rocky's doing that with Cena. The job will be complete when Cena gets his win back.

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT I think you're giving Hogan a little TOO much credit, wether on purpose or on accident. I agree with what you said about Hogan and putting over people when its right to do so, but the way you paint it almost makes him seem like a saint, when in reality I'm SURE there were times his ego just wouldn't let him do it, like with HBK. But there are other times where he put them over because it was right for business and like you said, i'm paraphrasing and stealing from Ric Flair, "to be the man you gotta beat the man." If Hogan had jobbed to all these other people, he wouldn't be "the man" to beat, he'd just be like Ric Flair was, fun to see, a guy you loved, but just because you beat him doesn't make you great, and when someone has the status that Hogan did at one time, it is best to use that.

Onto the Rock. I don't think, at all, that Vince did not want Rock to win. If Rock called up and said "I wanna go over Cena or I'm not doing it" and Vince believed in his heart that no one can beat Cena right now, the match would not have gone on. This is the man who facilitated the Montreal Screwjob, he will do what ever it takes to preserve his product the way he sees fit. Also, Rock winning pretty much guaranDAMNtee's a rematch, maybe a little change for Cena, and the eventual passing of the torch. Its like Rocky or Karate Kid, Cena's got to learn a lesson before he can move on and be THE guy. Rock just showed him "you think you are there, but you're not". By next year, Cena will be there. He will go through some sort of change, I don't think he'll be a heel, but he'll change if he wants his reputation back as THE guy. It only makes sense from a character standpoint. No one, in reality, has ever thought Cena as bigger and better than The Rock. Sure some make like him better, but in their hearts they know he's not there yet, if he ever will be. (i'd like to think he will, but it will take a little change for him).

SO, like Hogan, Rock will job to Cena when it makes sense, and when Cena is ready. Give it time, Rock does not have nearly the ego of Hogan, like many people have said he jobbed to THE HURRICAINE! (He did have hurri-powers though, so he may have been unstoppable). Rock has beaten everyone, but he's also lost to everyone, something Hogan can't claim. And what Hogan doesn't realize, is though Rock has indeed lost to everyone, his reputation will forever persevere.

Where are you getting your info on The Rock dude? He won yesterday... YESTERDAY and I haven't seen ONE report that he used politic to won at Mania.

Rock won because Rock NEEDED to win on EVERY BUSINESS LEVEL!

The Rock is coming for more than one match dude and he needed a victory to show that he still "has it". Rock won because it made sense for him to win. Cena didn't need the win, Cena needed to lose and needed a credible nemesis. Now Cena has 2 credible nemesis, Punk and Rock.

Do you remember when HHH was using politic all the time as his heel champion run that last I don't remember how long. I was a HHH fan and I've always been, but even I was getting sick of him winning. Our last hope against HHH, because he had buried everybody on the roster, was RVD and that was before RVD got his big push. RVD at that time was like when Dolph Ziggler got a title match against Punk.

Cena is/was at that point, he had no credible challenger, did you hear how bad the singer got booed when he tried to make people believe that Cena was an..... UNDERDOG.

Rock didn't politic (well maybe he did but there's still no report on it), but there was no sense in Rock coming back and losing it's first match, it would have devalued every possible future match he could have.

Hogan and it's WELL KNOWN hotshot himself in some hot angles like the nWo, Goldberg streak and other things. Get me straight I like Hogan and don't ressent him, but you can't say Hogan job to x and y but Rock is pathetic when the Rock jobbed to Austin, HHH, Lesnar and Hurricane..... HURRICANE!

Just like Hogan and Vince, Rock know when it's smart to job and when it's smart to not do it. The guy who is there all night (Cena) can turn around and win for 6 months straight for all we know. But the guy who do 2-3 matches a year need to win some to gain some credibility back.

The part you quoted him on is the exact reason why I stopped arguing with him. You know as well as I do that if The Rock was refusing to lose to the guy,we'd have heard about it by now. The guy is coming off as somebody who is mad that Cena lost.

You notice how everything is a myth or rumor when it comes to debunking his Hogan theories. Like what happened at Bash at the Beach 2000. You can say Russo said it was a work all you want to. All I know is people do not file real-life lawsuits over fake wrestling angles.

I love how everyone pretends they know what went on back stage like they were there when it happened. The truth is, no one on here has any clue what really happened. All you have is rumors and HBK acting like a child when he's asked to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back