Past vs Present

Captain Jive

Champion of Planet Earth
If this has been done, my bad.

If you could pick any wrestler that hit there prime in the 70's or 80's and have them square off against a current popular wrestler, who would it be?
Remember, both wrestlers or teams would be at their peak, also it could be anyone from any company that ever existed.

My vote goes to Steamboat vs Jericho. I know it happened, but not when Steamboat was what he used to be.

Kurt Angle vs Randy Savage

Two perfectionists in the ring at the same time. There is no way that match wouldn't be a five star match. Angle can have a great match with just about anybody and Savage had a great match with Warrior. If you can pull off a great match with Warrior, that shows how good you are in the ring. Now imagine Randy putting on a match with Kurt.

I'll pick a team actually, and I don't think it'll be from the 80's or 70's, it's a past vs present thing anyway.

Motor City Machine Guns versus The Rockers. To me, the MCMGs are today's Rockers. Their styles are very similiar, they're very athletic, colorful. It's just a little impossible dream match of mine.

Ric Flair vs Triple H. I believe both have always wanted to square off against each other during their respected primes. Ric Flair was sad that he didn't have the chance to face him during his prime. I think this match could be very very good considering they're both very similar in their ring work. Many have said Triple H reminded them of a young Ric Flair.

So I think this match could be absolutely amazing, both had great wrestling abilities during their prime. So I think this match would very well be a dream match for me.

Another one I would like to have seen would be Roddy Piper vs Chris Jericho. Roddy wasn't exactly the guy you would think is a great in-ring wrestler, but he definitely were. To put him up against a guy that definitely has the ability to go and wrestle with the best would just be absolutely amazing. Sure they have already faced off, but I would just love for it to have happened back at a time where Piper could actually wrestle big time, rather than the performance he gave at Wrestlemania 25.

God I could go on about this, I think a good choice as well would be the 80's Steamboat. Sure he can still go and he managed to wrestle good matches at Wrestlemania and afterwards, but he was just amazing back in the 80's as well. So to pair him against perhaps Randy Orton would be a pretty insane match to watch.

Cena vs. Hogan. Superman of the 80's vs. Superman of the 00's. The atmosphere would challenge Rock/Hogan as one of the best ever and they wouldn't have to do much for the crowd to buy into it. It'd certainly be memorable for anyone and everyone involved.

Hogan vs. Austin, as well, because of the magnitude of the match. The two greatest drawing stars ever going one on one at WM, what more can you ask for? I certainly would pay a whole lot just to see the two matches above.

Motor City Machine Guns vs. The Rockers would be great. I agree that MCMG are like today's Rockers. They have energy and are making a name for themselves. They would make for such on exciting match...now make it Ultimate X. :D Lol.

In singles, I'd like to see AJ Styles vs. Bret Hart in his prime. I'm a mark for both of them, so I'd love to see what you could do with AJ's high-flying ability combined with Bret's technical prowess.

I agree with Cena vs Hogan. Oh maan....can you imagine what the crowd would chant? It would be two super heros facing off. Like Batman vs Spiderman. Who would you cheer for?

Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle.

The two best ever in a 60 minute iron man match would be plain perfection!
That would be good if it was an 60 minute Ultimate Submission match. I mean they ae two of the best submissionists in pro wrestling histroy.

Oh geeze... there are so many to pick from. But my top 5 would be

Andre the Giant vs. Big Show
Rick Rude vs. Chris Jericho
Mr. Perfect vs. Randy Orton
Cena vs. Sting
Chris Benoit vs. Ricky the Dragon Steamboat

Demolition vs. Outsiders (know they're both past but I still never got to see it happen so...)

Ultimate Warrior vs. HHH, jus seeing those 2 stare down each other down would be worth the price to me

Abyss vs Big Boss Man ... don't ask

and uhhh AJ vs HBK... jus a phenomenal match... pun intended

That would be good if it was an 60 minute Ultimate Submission match. I mean they ae two of the best submissionists in pro wrestling histroy.

just because a person uses a submission move doesn't mean they're a good at submissions

I have to go with, wait for it, Chris Jericho now, vs. Chris Jericho when he debuted, that would be awesome

Ultimate Warrior vs. HHH, jus seeing those 2 stare down each other down would be worth the price to me

they already had a match at wrestlemania, just saying, it defeats the purpose of the thread
and also i want to see JoMo vs. HBK, in his prime, too very athletic performers together would be amazing

Fatal four way with Cena vs Hogan vs SSCA vs future of the WWE the MIz

I know I've got to guys in they're prime on here but still. It would be epic three of the biggest names in wrestling today aganst the new face of wrestling it would be just nuts. Then again Hogans ego would make it so he would win.

Shelton Benjamin vs 90's Jushin Thunder Liger.

ECW Era Mike Awesome vs American Badass Undertaker.

AJ Styles vs Dean Malenko

Kurt Angle vs Harley Race

Immediately followed by Samoa Joe vs 90's Taz

Id like to see hbk, not the early michaels but the one within the past few years, the more mature michaels, this i consider to be his prime

VS

jake the snake in his prime

jake vs orton would be pretty good as well

Yokozuna vs Rey Mysterio... lets see you conqour this one Rey.
Undertaker (now) vs Andre.. why not? would be fun
Angle vs Savage would be AWESOME
Jake the Snake vs Orton would be entertaining.
Owen Hart vs The Miz... need i explain?
Road Warriors vs JeriShow.. 2 of my favorite tag teams.
Ultimate Warrior vs Cena.. who wont Sell to Who?

Great thread. My choices are already picked, I agree with most of the matches, but to be different and just to add some more:

Kane vs Big John Stud: a body slam match
Ted Dibiase vs CM Punk: great heels of their era
Demolition vs Beer Money: Wonder who would job
British Bulldogs vs Morgan&Hernandez: Great tag teams
Rowdy Piper vs Steve Austin: a classic brawl
Bad News Brown vs Randy Orton: guys who don't trust anyone
Adrian Adonis vs Goldust: best of similar gimmicks in history
Junk Yard Dog vs the Rock: before the Rock, there was JYD

I would go with Bruiser Brody vrs Kane, two of the most imposing big men locking up would be awesome. Bret Hart vrs Angle would be a technical masterpiece. I would have also liked to see Owen Hart mix it up with John Morrison.

Stone Cold (in his prime) VS. Randy Orton would be an epic match if they had a good story line and the match was booked right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back