Our Savior: A Theo Masterpiece

Theo Mays

Part Time Poster
You wouldn't believe it but this is the first piece that I will actually share with you guys and explain how I created this fine piece of work. Below you will see my newest creation:

512cci.png

Obviously this a sig of our Straightedge Savior, CM Punk. I was bored and I was looking at the PSD at PSD dreams and I came across this Punk on and I thought it would be a nifty picture for a sig, so I went ahead and rolled with it. I first started with a black canvas as my background. Then I took a mixture of brushes (mostly with red and green that I sampled from the flag) and scattered them across. Then I added a outer glow at 100 opacity set at vivid light and the color I glowed was white. Then I added an inner glow with a white color set at 72 opacity with the blending option of hard mix. Instead of keeping it set at the linear glow, I changed it to a descending rolling slope. I then duplicated it (which brought out the outer glow) and set it at Luminosity. Nothing major, just to brighten up the background a bit. Next I blurred Punk a bit, so he fit more with the background. Then I added the text "Our Savior" in the left hand corner. The font I used was Street Blues Trial. I added a shadow and a stroke of white (set at 2px) with the blending option at Soft Light. To finish it off I added a Gradient Overlay (consisting of the green and red from the flag) set as a screen. This made the black from the font into the color it is now and blended the picture of Punk a little bit better. Then I topped it off with a black border and there ya have it. A brand new CM Punk siggy. I'd love to hear some thoughts from you guys and see what you like/dislike about it.

I'll tell ya Theo, there's not much I dislike about it. This is an incredibly terrific signature, one of your best I think. A sig should flow so to speak. Meaning, the text/font, background, and main subject/s should blend well with each other, and I think you did that here. It's obvious that you used a lot of technical PS prowess in this.

Alas, there's not much I can critique. You did a very good job on this sig Theo, and all I can do is praise you as you'll find no criticisms here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back