Orton and Punk

tehblogger

The Young God, walking abroad
Orton won't be out for too much longer, will he? It's fairly obvious they're setting us up for this feud. It sounds crap to me. Don't want to see it. Punk's gimmick is useless here because Orton is SO the perfect athlete. Orton would have to win anyway, sending Punk down to the mid-card again. So what was the point of giving him the belt in the first place? And does anyone really want to see a Punk/Orton feud?

And after this has been done, what then? Can't see Orton and Jericho in a heel/heel feud...not unless Orton turns face (does anyone see this happening?). But then the whole Daddy's Boys stable thing with Priceless doesn't work. Really, creative are stuck here because the RAW roster is so poor. In the ME scene/upper mid card, we have 3 crap jobber heels (JBL, Kane, and Punk), an injury-prone and non-credible face (Mysterio), a credible and over but ring-average tweener (Batista) and Jericho and HBK, the latter of which I don't see winding up with the title again anyway! The tag-team division is non-existent, the women's division is bad (worse with no Melina), and when Santino is IC champ with no serious challengers, you know your proper mid-card isn't great either.

Now, I think, the negative effect the draft had on RAW is seriously beginning to be felt. Suggested cures? Perhaps a big-name star moving over from Smackdown? Will the ECW talent exchange be of use?

no doubt raw is not looking quite as good now, however even tho peeps hate john cena, him being gone leaves a heavily burden, which is why i think orton is being rushed back to return. a orton and punk fued wouldnt be too bad, however i see orton becoming a bit of a tweener, and if that's the case, you can have him immediately take on jericho(so it wont really be a heel vs heel thing ya know). im tired of being so negative, even tho i agree with what your saying, but i feel they will get the shit right, honestly i think having orton become a tweener or even face would be good, or even having him join the daddy's boys stable wouldnt be bad. i have no problem seeing jericho as the champ, i just have a problem with the booking, thats what fucked up cm punk, his poor booking and he should be a heel as well. in both him and batista should be heels, i kinda wish jericho was a tweener.

i dunno raw is so messed up right now, its hard to figure it out.

Its fairly obvious.

He and Priceless will claim utter dominance over Raw, Priceless will take over the Tag Division whilst Orton decimates Punk. Orton will win his feud with Punk however and Orton will move onto either Jericho or Punk will move onto Jericho and Orton may face Cena or Batista.

Priceless will continue to face Cryme Tyme or Carlito and Primo.

I think you're right about this feud. It's definitely headed our way, and I can see it ending up going to survivor series with Priceless, Manu and Orton taking on Punk and probably Cryme Tyme and Kofi or some other generic faces in the traditional Survivor Series type match.

I don't think this feud is necessarily a bad thing though. There is no doubt that Orton is a big name player on Raw and with the possible exception of Jericho, the top heel on the show. By putting Punk in a programme with him, they can elevat Punk's status and solidify his status as a wrestler near the top of the card, but we'll see.

I think you a seriously underestimating the RAW upper card. They have been unfortunate because Cena and Orton have gotten injured at the same time, but even without them you have the 5 people you stated. For the time being, they might have a slightly weaker roster, but transferring someone from Smackdown is not the answer. If you did that, it would end up with Smackdown having the much weaker roster, like they did before the draft.

You have a point with the Women's division, but can you really say it's any worse than the one on Smackdown, where Maryse is considered a worthy title contender? As for the ECW exchange, that has appeared to create the tag team of Mysterio and Bourne, and added Miz and Morrison to the Raw Tag team picture. This has served to both bolster the tag team division, which was seriously lacking, and also to keep Mysterio out of the WHC picture.

I think you're right about this feud. It's definitely headed our way, and I can see it ending up going to survivor series with Priceless, Manu and Orton taking on Punk and probably Cryme Tyme and Kofi or some other generic faces in the traditional Survivor Series type match.

I don't think this feud is necessarily a bad thing though. There is no doubt that Orton is a big name player on Raw and with the possible exception of Jericho, the top heel on the show. By putting Punk in a programme with him, they can elevat Punk's status and solidify his status as a wrestler near the top of the card, but we'll see.

I think you a seriously underestimating the RAW upper card. They have been unfortunate because Cena and Orton have gotten injured at the same time, but even without them you have the 5 people you stated. For the time being, they might have a slightly weaker roster, but transferring someone from Smackdown is not the answer. If you did that, it would end up with Smackdown having the much weaker roster, like they did before the draft.

You have a point with the Women's division, but can you really say it's any worse than the one on Smackdown, where Maryse is considered a worthy title contender? As for the ECW exchange, that has appeared to create the tag team of Mysterio and Bourne, and added Miz and Morrison to the Raw Tag team picture. This has served to both bolster the tag team division, which was seriously lacking, and also to keep Mysterio out of the WHC picture.

Personally, I think Smackdown is overstacked. It has HHH, Taker, Show, Edge, and Hardy, all of whom have legitimate title claims: the upper mid-card isn't weak either, with MVP, Umaga (when he comes back from injury), THE Brian Kendrick, and maybe even Shelton knocking on the door.

Something has to give. The RAW roster has nothing like half the quality: not in terms of wrestling skill nor crowd-pleasing skill. Particularly with Orton and Jericho, the two best guys there, both being heel. No wonder Smackdown is getting better ratings now. Possibly Edge will move to chase after Punk, the guy who stole his title in the first place. Which will just put ANOTHER heel on an already heel-heavy ME scene.

It just doesn't seem sustainable. A few months ago I argued that Taker should move to RAW, because of the Draft overstacking SD. I still think I was right. Perhaps not Taker moving, but something has to be happen - maybe an Orton face turn. And, as I've already pointed out, Orton not cleanly pinning Punk would be a joke if and when they go one-on-one. That wouldn't elevate Punk, it would just sink him.

I think when it happens this will be a good feud the teasing theyve done i think has garnered interest in these two wrestling. Orton and punk are both good in the ring and the promos should be interesting so a feud along with a survivor series type match would be good.

I've wanted to see Punk vs Orton for a long time now. They'll have a few singles matches which Orton will win. Then they'll have the blow off at Survivor Series with the Age of Orton vs Team Punk. Orton will win be a big heel and beat y2J for the title. Overall it will be a great feud

Okay I don't see Randy going for Punk just yet. I think when he comes back he'll feud with WHC Shawn Micheals, and no I didn't stutter. He'll face HBK at a PPV and Punk will cost him the victory and that's when the feud between Punk and Orton intensify.

I'm looking forward to the Punk/Orton feud. I wish this would have happened when Punk was champion because I think it would have been a good feud, with a storyline and could have helped bring Punk up to the top. Orton is a top heel and could work well with Punk. I'm hoping Punk get's the upper hand in the feud and goes on to keep his game up.

I'm not sure whether this will happen or not anymore, but if it does Jericho or whoever the WHC is will be involved in it. If Priceless have the tag titles, Manu gets the IC title and Orton gets the WHC, and they add the Womens champion to this stable, they will be in complete control of Raw, and then maybe Punk will get together a stable to combat them. Maybe they'll have a Survivor Series match where the winning team takes all the gold? Anyway, this started because Orton called Punk a useless champion, so the championship will be included somehow.

I personally think Jeff Hardy needs to come over to raw and send CM punk to smackdown. I never rated CM Punk as a main eventer and never thought he would cement himself as world champ on the main show.

I think he could enter a good feud with shelton for the title.

This would leave Jeff hardy v randy orton feuding, and also opens the oppurtunity of Matt Hardy making 'guest appearences' on raw to take on priceless and add Kofi and theres one hell of a feud.

Cm Punk v randy is bad booking and cm punk is in for an ass kicking

I agree with "I_Heart_Princess_P" to an extent. i think when orton does come back that HBK will be the champ. If not this would set up a perfect story line for Raw. I mean think about it, HBK would have his first title reign since hmmm..... he lost his title to Stone Cold @ Wrestlemania? This would be another great feud, and with the angle of jericho and hbk going on ne ways, it would set up for the perfect triple threat match. I mean we are talking about wrestlemania caliber here. If creative doesnt decide to continue the feud with hbk and y2j after the title match at no mercy & Michaels wins the title, Orton vs HBK would be another good ME, but i think y2j should stay included in this feud with hbk. for one it is one of the longest running feuds in a long time, which i so dearly miss. i hate these "feuds" that end after one match u kno? for two, it would put Orton back in the spot where he was when he got injured, if he beat both hbk and y2j. As far as Punk goes, i think he is a good athlete, but not so good on the mic, he is mid-card status to me, he shouldnt even be in the same ring as Orton. Let's hope that the Age of Orton continues very soon. Muwahaha!

Orton vs punk is a perfect idea.. The tension is there and orton is the man to build amazing fueds with guys who needs it.. Himself and batista imo really learned from teaming with triple h and ric flair in the past... They both have improved majorily and punk is a great future star and was just misbooked and in a fued with orton will work.. I do think if things stay the way it is and priceless and orton goes against cryme tyme and kofi and orton then we have 7 stars being build do to one name... I'm not trying to give randy orton the most credit but he is a top star now.. Yeah he is injured but he is now and foreverr will be one of the top stars of the WWE... And I like raw because anything can really happen... Everyone is involved in everyones fued lol.. Jericho and michaels awesome fued involved cade and now orton and batista/jbl are involved.. With orton in it that brings punk, kofi, cryme tyme, priceless and manu involved.. And with ct in it that could involve cena when he returns... Some how I can see kane, mnysterio and bourne all getting involved.. And with ct in it that brings in nitro and miz... Also with orton and batista that brings in beth and santino... That's the top superstars and top diva all in one fued.. That to me is amazing and if it keeps gettin better then I can see raw ratings getting even better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back