Original v. Cover: Wicked Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Everyone knows the video, even if they don't know the song. Chris Isaak takes some time out of his busy schedule to roll around in the sand with a topless supermodel so hot, it had to be shot in black and white, just so you wouldn't go blind. It's a rather sad song of heartbreak, and has been in a ton of movies. His Infernal Majesty (aka H.I.M.) redid this song over a decade ago, before Bam ****ed them out, and made them famous.

The Original:

The Cover:

I must admit, I'm torn. The original is sung much better than the cover, but I like the music to the cover more. Forced to make a choice, I'd stick with the original, since the lyrics and emotion are what makes the song so great in the first place.

First off, HIM is so fucking overrated it sickens me. Wow, Bam Margera likes them? That must mean they rock! No, they're absolutely terrible. They have a grand total of about 3-4 good songs, and this is probably one of them. Decent cover, but completely different. They try to make it more metal, and it basically kills the heart of the song.

I've never been a big fan of Chris Isaak, but Wicked Game is a classic song, and one that I don't mind listening to every now and then. Very beautiful song, and clearly superior to the HIM cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back