One More Run

Барбоса

doesn't know REAL wrestling...
So after being taken to the cleaners by the divorce courts, the Hulkster thinks he has one more run left in him.

Would WWE want him back? Could TNA afford him?

Personally, I think that Vince might be interested in something like Hogan vs Cena. Such a match could only really happen at Wrestlemania and depending on how bad Hogan's financial situation is, Vince could pay Hulk to do what Andre did at Wrestlemania III and put Cena over...

Hulk vs Superman... sounds like copyright infringement!

Haven't we had this thread before?

I think that a Hogan run is ridiculous. He can barely walk, let alone put on even half way decent matches. The last two times that he came back, he officially buried the people that he was going up against in HBK and Orton. I have respect for Hogan for what he has done, but I wouldn't care if I never saw him in a WWE ring again. He needs to retire like Flair did and let that be it!

Personally I have no interest in seeing Hogan have another run, his routine is so predictable that I can't see what he could bring to the table. If he's so sure of his star power increasing TNA ratings, he should accept a pay deal linked to any increase in ratings, ie. same deal as another wrestler but bonuses in relation to any direct increase in ratings/PPV buys due to his appearance. Let him put his money where his mouth/ego is.

I have no interest in watching Hulk Hogan wrestle again. He was always something of a limited performer in the ring, but he can barely walk now. Any match he has, regardless of Hogan's name, is going to be extremely subpar and both he and whomever his opponent would be would come out of it looking bad.

I doubt that Hogan has any real interest in joining TNA, he's talked too much shit about them in the past. This is a tactic that he's used in the past in order to kindle WWE interest in him. I doubt very much that TNA could afford him to be quite honest. Hogan wants the moon and the stars but, ultimately, doesn't bring enough with him to justify it anymore. During his last WWE program against Randy Orton, he said Vince paid him 400 grand for the match he had with him at SummerSlam. According to Hogan, he threw the check away and considered it low. He made more from that one match than most of TNA's wrestlers make in a year, and even the ones that do earn more than that don't do it by much. I think Sting and Angle get around $600,000 a year in TNA.

If he did go to TNA, and it's a huge if, ratings would probably go up temporarily until Hogan worked a few shitty matches and fans saw just how limited he actually is. The nostalgia factor would play a role in that as well, but it would fade before too long.

However, Hogan could be a steady draw I think if he were to accept some sort of nonwrestling, but still on air, role with either of the companies. Make him a GM or manage a faction or even an on air commentator. That being said, I don't think Hogan would readily accept those positions. His ego is simply too big to accept the fact that the days where he could give a credible, competitive wrestling match are over and done with. If Vince were to begin negotiations with him, Vince should play hardball. Both can make a lot of money with the right arrangement, but Hogan also needs to realize that there's not any single "top guy" in wrestling anymore. That was another reason for his fallout with Vince McMahon.

When i was a little kid hogan was the shit. When he turned heel and nwo, i marked out. When he faced the rock at wrestlemania, i got goosebumps. Now, hogan needs to just go away. People would pop massively for him if he just showed up for the royal rumble or something unexpected. The problem with hogan is that he cant or wont do a one shot appearance. He also won't want to put anyone over. He'd need to beat Cena if he faced him. Hogan has all sorts of charisma and i wouldnt mind seeing him in a non wrestling role of some sort, but once again, i really don't think the man's ego will allow him to do anything in the business short of headlining. It's a shame. I don't think he's got another run as a wrestler in him and as stated in previous posts, he really can't do much in the ring besides punch, kick, and gouge eyes. Hes to beat up to even do the leg drop. No, a hogan comeback would be bad. The kid in me would pop because i'll always remember when he was on top but the tv that would come from it would be terrible.

You guys talk like it would be better business if he did the J-O-B. People would be disappointed as hell. People love to see Hogan win. That's what gets the pop. He's not Flair, who's made his career putting people over. And there's a reason that Hogan is a bigger star than Flair ever was.

Everyone always whines "do right by the business", but bullshit. What does the business do to guys? Chews them up and spits them out. Do what's best for you. Hogan did that, and wrestling boomed to unprecedented levels.

Hulk vs Superman... sounds like copyright infringement!

Quick, someone put Hogan’s face on Hulk and Cena’s face on Superman for a sig. #@#@!!

hulknet21024x768sa4.jpg

FE2AC1FA_4322_46A5_953A_80300BD066EF_pobj_MINI_1.jpg

I would love to see this match at WM XXVI / 26. I'm pretty sure Hogan can go just one more time, but after this, that's it. Maybe one more with Batista. Maybe one more with Undertaker at Mania, but after that, that's it.

Nope, couldn't care less.

If he didn't have another run with WWE and just enjoyed retirement then I wouldn't care and would remain grateful for his past accomplishments but I don't care if I don't see him wrestle again because he wouldn't be able to put on a decent match. The guy can hardly walk and would probably break in half with a clothesline from Hornswoggle.

But, then again the star power is still there and the hype would undoubtably be huge so with crowd reactions and such it would probably still be exciting wether he could wrestle or not so I would still possibly enjoy it.

All in all I would prefer he stayed out of the ring and maybe guest hosted RAW or something but certainly no wrestling needs to be done. He's a legend and he knows it and so does everyone else. He doesn't need to prove anything.

Not only should HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN come back but it is already signed and official. Starting in November of this year HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN will wrestle four dates in Austrailia, and then is expected to continue wrestling all over the world for an undetermined length of time. Ric Flair has already signed to face HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN in Austrailia and according to rumor has signed a 3 year deal with HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and Eric Bischoff.

Two years ago, before his son's accident, the law suits and divorce put everythiong on hold, HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and Bischoff were said to be prepairing a world tour that would then lead to the development of a new promotion. Now that the BS is behind him it looks like that's exactly what he is going to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back