Old School Ask A Question Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone can help me out...

I seem 2 remember The New Age Outlaws pinning each other in a triple threat or fatal 4-way tag match to retain the tag titles. I've never seen this.
Can someone tell me when or where this happened and if there's a clip of it anywhere?

When Razor Ramon won the Intercontinental Championship, he did it by winning a battle royal with Rick Martel earlier in the night, some of which is seen here.

[youtube]rVTVnfJJoSw[/youtube]

Does anybody know who/what became of the guy in the baseball attire that the commentators are calling "The M.V.P."?

when people come out from under the ring like say for instance the bella twins, how do they get under there without the crowd seeing them? i'd like to assume they dont go under there before the crowd shows up and just wait until there match. ive never been to a live wrestling event, ive only seen it on tv and youtube

I was at a RAW house show in December of last year and during the intermission when the lights were down, the Boogeyman rushed to the ring under a sheet and between two other people. When intermission ended, he came out from under the ring to do his thing.

Does anybody know when HHH started using his entrance(the whole water bottle and spitting it in the air)? I was trying to think back to when he started it, I dont remember him doing it in the DX days but Im not sure. Just wondering because I think it kicks ass.

I just watched King of the Ring 99 and it's the first time I noticed him with a water bottle during his entrance.

i don't know if anybody has ever asked this....

back in i think '99, right after hbk left the corporation, he was shown backstage with dx talking, and xpac said something about what goes around comes around. then hbk got put through a windshield, and they never revealed who did it. anyone know who it was gnna be???

Why did umaga get fired? I think i remember reading that it was because of wellness policy violations. just when i was starting to finally get into that character, damn it. Why hasn't he popped up in tna? i'm pretty sure his no compete clause in his contract is beyond expired now.

Does anybod know why the british bulldog was never given a run as world champion? he had the physique that vince loves, and he was a good wrestler.

I can't answer the first question about HBK but I'll gladly answer the other two.

Umaga was fired because he refused to go to rehab after his second violation of the Wellness Policy. As far as why he hasn't popped up in TNA, I don't really know. Maybe they aren't interested in him or there's another reason but that's a question I can't give you a 100% truthful answer to because I just don't know.

As far as British Bulldog not getting a run as world champion, I don't really know the answer but my guess is Vince just didn't want to give him a run with the title for whatever reasoning.

Just sort of a random question I was thinking about...

Why is Kurt Angle hailed as Pro Wrestling's only Olympic Gold Medalist? I believe Ken Patera would hold that title, even in the WWE... I'm usually pretty knowledgeable about this stuff, but I would like to know or hear why you guys think he doesn't get credit for that.

Well that would be for two reasons. Number one, Patera was a weight lifter and not a wrestler. Two, Patera didn't win any Olympic medals.

The actual answer is because "only Olympic gold medallist" sounds alot better than "one of a handful guys to do the same thing".

A fair few guys have won gold medals for wrestling and then moved into the pro scene. Most famously Robin Reed utterly dominated the 1924 Olympics, and I believe was undefeated in his armature career before working as a pro wrester for just under a decade. Quite a few other guys made the transition back in the day, thought I couldn't tell you who any of them were.

Nevermind, just dug for a while and got my answer:

"Ken Patera won more than one Gold Medal, but it wasn't in the Olympics, it was in the Pan American Games. Listen carefully to when the WWE hypes up Kurt Angle, they say "The only Olympic Gold Medalist in WWE history." Keyword here is "Olympic." Now, even though the Pan American Games serves as an Olympic-qualifying event for some of the sports and pretty much consists of all Summer Olympic sports and non-Olympic sports, it's still considered to be a step below the actual Olympics.

As for the Iron Sheik, his olympic gold medal was all a work. Check the record books. His real name is Khosrow Vaziri. He is listed NOWHERE as a medalist in any olympic. He wasn't even at the 1968 olympics, where he supposedly won a medal. He was, however, discovered by verne gagne at the 1972 olympics.

Mark Henry weighed in at 366 lbs. at the 1992 Olympics, which made him the largest weightlifter in the history of the Olympic Games.

- He qualified for the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, where he finished tenth in the superheavyweight cl.

- At the 1995 Pan American Games, Henry won a gold, silver, and bronze metal.

So there you have it. He did not place in the top 5 at the olympics

Kurt Angle, the ONLY Olympic Gold Medalist in WWE History."

oh and please read the question a bit more thoroughly, before giving inaccurate information.

I said "Olympic Gold Medalist." Yes, Patera didn't win the gold in the Olympics, but he won the bronze, which is obviously still a medal. I was just incorrect about WHERE he won the gold.

To change the subject from the Olympics,

I was watching some old WCW matches on WWE on Demand. I noticed that with alot of the matches from the last 80's and early 90's they changed the wrestlers entrance music. Any ideas why?

I was watching some old WCW matches on WWE on Demand. I noticed that with alot of the matches from the last 80's and early 90's they changed the wrestlers entrance music. Any ideas why?

I've been seeing a lot of that lately too. Even the old NWO music is missing on my wrestlemania X8 dvd.. I think it's because a lot of the WCW stuff was generic stuff that Turner Broadcasting owned that was also recycled on their other TV shows. I'm sure when Vince bought them out he only bought the rights and TMs for whatever was left on them. Probably just expired.

I find it super awesome that if you watch ABA Undertaker he never comes into Limb Bizkut anymore. Some of it's weird though. If you watch the ECW stuff, you can hear the actual tracks sometimes, but it's always super shitty. Like Tommy Dreamer, you can clearly hear Lane Stanley, as opposed to his generic Alice In Chains rip now. Who knows why Vince does some of the things he does... Well, I'm sure someone does..

Why was there tension between Steve Austin and HHH? Because I read that Austin didn't want to drop the belt or work with HHH. Was it because of the kliq and HHH worming his way to the top? Or because Steve thought HHH wasn't at the level yet?

Wow I finally decided to click on this thread and it's not what I expected. I thought this was another spot to ask moderators questions about rules, policies, etc. I love the random old school questions. Sorry if I repeat any, but I really don't want to search 27 pages dating back two years. Anyway two questions that go way back so I hope there's some old timers out there.

Does anyone know why Don Muraco was not at WrestleMania I? He was one of the biggest heels at the time and I find it strange he was not on this show.

Same question for a different guy two years later. Why was Paul Orndorff not at WrestleMania III? He was feuding with Hogan over the title in 1986. He just had a cage match with Hulk three months before Mania. Why would he not be on the biggest show the company ever had?

I have to assume injuries may have played a part, but since we didn't have 1/1000th of the information then that we do now I don't know for sure.

Muraco-he lost the title to Santana and they just didn't have anything for him for awhile. Just after Mania he got with Fuji and had a long feud with Hogan on house shows. They had a big cage match in MSG to blow it off.

Orndorff-he got hurt training during the feud with Hogan. It ended and Orndorff took time off and came back just after Mania 3.

Why was there tension between Steve Austin and HHH? Because I read that Austin didn't want to drop the belt or work with HHH. Was it because of the kliq and HHH worming his way to the top? Or because Steve thought HHH wasn't at the level yet?

It was more or less Stone Cold being out politicized and he didn't like it. Steve Austin didn't think many were in his league during his peak, and he was right. HHH was rising, but wasn't at his level yet. The only way he'd get there is going over someone like Austin, which Stone Cold didn't want. Austin wanted to be the star as long as he possibly could and believed that him being on top was best for the WWE. But their wasn't much in the way of tension. The Two Man Power Trip consisting of a heel Stone Cold and heel HHH dominated for about 6 months with HHH even going back and winning the IC title while Stone Cold was WWE Champion. But there was tension with him and HHH.

WWE doesn't want to pay copyright charges to Turner Broadcasting or any musician that made the theme music for said wrestler during that time. Edge's Rob Zombie theme's not used at all during his DVD, and Taker's Kid Rock/Limp Bizkit themes aren't used either. Same goes with the generic WCW music. WWE doesn't own it, so they splice their own music in there. Lame? Yes. But it's business.

WWE doesn't want to pay copyright charges to Turner Broadcasting or any musician that made the theme music for said wrestler during that time. Edge's Rob Zombie theme's not used at all during his DVD, and Taker's Kid Rock/Limp Bizkit themes aren't used either. Same goes with the generic WCW music. WWE doesn't own it, so they splice their own music in there. Lame? Yes. But it's business.

Another good example of this is with the matches on the Rise and Fall of WCW dvd. From 1999 through 2001 Sting came to the ring with Metallica's Seek & Destroy playing as his ring music. For WWE to use this music they would have to pay licensing fees to Metallica. Or, they can just change the music...

What was the first title Ric Flair ever held?

The first title Flair won was the Mid-Atlantic TV Championship (later on to become the WCW TV Championship). He defeated Paul Jones on February 8th, 1975 to win it.

Was it a jet-ski or Savage, that gave Hogan the black eye around Wrestlemania IX?
I've heard both; jet-ski is what the WWE officials feed us, and Savage is the unofficial reason. Do you guys know which is true, if either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back