(OFFICIAL) Vote Stan "The Lariat" Hansen or you're wrong...thread

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
I'm slightly kidding of course. But Stan Hansen is tough. He's mean. He has the wrestling skills to beat anyone. He's a brawler who nearly knocked Vader's eye out. He's a runaway train of destruction and on top of all of that... he's beaten some of the best this business has offered. Hogan? Check. Flair? Check. Inoki? Check it off. Vader? Check that, too. Undertaker? Checkeroo. I can go on and on, but it's a moot point. Fact is, Hansen is an amazing competitor and someone who can and will destroy all that comes in his path.

So vote for Stan Hansen. No matter who he faces... it's not a wrong choice to vote for him. Thank Wikipedia for these tidbits about The Lariat.

* All Japan Pro Wrestling
o AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship (4 times)[9]
o AJPW Unified World Tag Team Championship (8 times) – with Terry Gordy (2), Genichiro Tenryu (3), Dan Spivey (1), Ted DiBiase (1) and Gary Albright (1)[10]
o NWA International Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[11]
o NWA International Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Ron Bass[12]
o NWA United National Championship (1 time)[13]
o PWF World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)[14]
o PWF World Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Bruiser Brody (1), Ted DiBiase (2) and Austin Idol (1)[15]
o Champion's Carnival (1992, 1993)
o World's Strongest Tag Team League (1983) – with Bruiser Brody
o World's Strongest Tag Team League (1985) – with Ted DiBiase
o World's Strongest Tag Team League (1988) – with Terry Gordy
o World's Strongest Tag Team League (1989) – with Genichiro Tenryu
o January 2nd Korakuen Hall Heavyweight Battle Royal Winner (1994) [16]

* American Wrestling Association
o AWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[17]

* Cauliflower Alley Club
o Other honoree (1996)

* Continental Wrestling Association
o CWA International Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[18]

* Georgia Championship Wrestling
o NWA Columbus Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[19]
o NWA Georgia Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[20]
o NWA Georgia Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Tommy Rich (2) and Ole Anderson (1)[21]

* Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling / World Championship Wrestling
o NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)1[22]
o NWA World Tag Team Championship (Mid-Atlantic version) (1 time) – with Ole Anderson[23]

* NWA Big Time Wrestling
o NWA Texas Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Killer Tim Brooks[24]

* NWA Tri-State
o NWA North American Heavyweight Championship (Tri-State version) (1 time)[25]
o NWA United States Tag Team Championship (Tri-State version) (1 time) – with Frank Goodish[26]

* National Wrestling Federation
o NWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[27]

* Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum
o Class of 2010

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
o PWI Match of the Year (1976) vs. Bruno Sammartino on April 26
o PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (1976)
o PWI ranked him #7 of the 100 best tag teams of the "PWI Years" with Bruiser Brody in 2003
o PWI ranked him #16 of the 500 best singles of the "PWI Years" in 2003

* Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
o 5 Star Match (1984) with Bruiser Brody vs. Dory and Terry Funk on December 8
o 5 Star Match (1993) vs. Kenta Kobashi on July 29
o Tag Team of the Year (1982) with Ole Anderson
o Best Brawler (1985, 1990)
o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

Do you have any videos of him defeating the likes of Hulk Hogan, or the Undertaker, when they were in their prime? (or proper character, in Taker's case) What about the Vader video?

I'm curious because a lot of times you can simply say "so and so WON against him, him, and him" but just saying that doesn't really cut it anymore. I mean, right? Edge "won" against Taker, Rock, Austin, Cena, etc, etc.. but some were tag matches, some were due to massive cheating.. so it doesn't really count, does it?

So off some of Hansen's best stuff, and help improve winning votes. Especially over the names you've mentioned him beating.

We all know who has the best clothsline in the tourney, and it isn't Hansen...

jbl-aplicando-el-clothesline-from-hell.jpg

Fuck the haters...LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hansen is a fucking beast. He'll be getting some of my votes for sure.

Do you have any videos of him defeating the likes of Hulk Hogan, or the Undertaker, when they were in their prime? (or proper character, in Taker's case) What about the Vader video?

I'm curious because a lot of times you can simply say "so and so WON against him, him, and him" but just saying that doesn't really cut it anymore. I mean, right? Edge "won" against Taker, Rock, Austin, Cena, etc, etc.. but some were tag matches, some were due to massive cheating.. so it doesn't really count, does it?

So off some of Hansen's best stuff, and help improve winning votes. Especially over the names you've mentioned him beating.

Did Hansen beat Undertaker in his prime? No. Did he beat Hogan during his prime? A few times actually. We only know of the show where Hogan beat Hansen with his Lariat. Hansen's gotten the best of him, too. I don't know if there's video, but it's happened.

My point is, Hansen's in ring style is mult-dimensional and he can beat any wrestler on any given day. No matter the gimmick. No matter the person. Few wrestlers can do that. Hansen can. I can make a case and HAVE made cases as to why Hansen would beat any given wrestler... and I truly think he can.

LARIATOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOO!

My vote is for Hansen. And I hope yours is too, or Stan will knock your head clear off your shoulders. J/k, or am I?

I said it in my post for the Lariat in his match, if there's one thing I learned by posting on this forum it's that Stan Hansen is a fucking beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back