Official Raw/Smackdown Aftermath, Ratings and Review Thread

Grade tonight's RAW.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
The ingenious traditional event hosted occasionally and innovated by Eric Bischoff, RAW Roulette. This should be a magnificent evening given to the Monday Night RAW fans and to impressively kick-start the New 2008 Year off. It's been too long since I've seen RAW Roulette.

(1) Shawn Michaels & Mr. Kennedy vs. Charlie Haas & Murdoch - Strange Bedfellows Match

JESUS CHRIST!! Sorry to say the lords name in vein. The name of the match...stupid. They put teams together who've not ever teamed up before and we've got HBK and Kennedy vs. ah, Haas and Murdoch? Eww. Thumps down to start off the night. Michaels and Kennedy couldn't even co-exist pass the 30 second mark and who couldn't forecast this coming. Haas needs to take that mask off. Send him the hell to ECW to join Benjamin. What are you doing, WWE? Moreover, this Kennedy/HBK feud has reached boring in my eyes and Kennedy is the one making it boring, no offence, and not to mention the sheer predictability. Kennedy and JBL would make a better rivalry in my opinion. I wish Mr. Kennedy turned the face way. But anyway, In the duration of this match had I gotten up and took off to seek something to fill my mouth with. Got back, Sweet Chin Music to Haas, Mic-Check to HBK, Kennedy pins Haas. Victory achieved. This match is equivalent to 2.0 stars.

(2) Carlito w/ Santino Marella vs. Hardcore Holly w/ Cody Rhodes - Trading Places Match

Second dimmest match of the night. Most of the crowd was silent, some gave a little sign of life...whatever. Carlito would dress like Holly, Holly would dress like Carlito. You know, The Tag Champions comes to me as a puppet show, though. They need to lose those championships now, and put them on... well... I don't even know. The tag division is surely deteriorating, that's for sure. Look at Carlito and Holly. Sort of funny, I guess. But come on, we couldn't get a Tables Match instead of a plain singles? I'm so disappointed and these fans have wasted money from what I've seen thus far. Henceforth, I couldn't remain seated. Alabama Slam! and this match is over after pinfall. Holly wins. Yeah, average stuff. Nothing interesting by like 45 minutes pass the hour. Mostly seen is Vince's face and plenty talking instead of great action. Match equivalent to 1.8 stars.

(3) Mickie James vs. Maria vs. Jullian Hall vs. Ashley vs. Melina - Lingerie Pillow Fight

Dimmest match of the night. Are you kidding me. You mean to tell me things can't get a little better tonight. Couldn't we have had an aggressive Six Woman Bra and Panties Match? Seeing how the damn show is indeed a fix? It sure would've been better and what I would've booked. Anyway, Ashley is BACK! YAY! Not that I care too much. Where the hell is Beth Phoenix? Yup, dropped off the face of the earth. She was always strong, pretty, and dominant to me but boring in personality. So maybe she went to get a personality check. The crowd was silent, I was bored and worried a bit those fans might have got up and left. It was that bad out there, though it picked up just by a spark by the ending with Ashley's momentum and when she scored with an elbow and picked the victory up over Hall. One hour gone, nothing interesting or entertaining or great and Lita, Trish, Victoria, Jazz, Molly Holly, we need you back! Match equivalent to 1.2 stars.

(4) Triple H vs. William Regal - First Blood Match

Gears shift as JR put it. Wow. William Regal looks great out there with Triple H and is hanging with him in the ring too. Perhaps, a wrestling comeback would be good. The show picked up with this match indefinitely. Exciting match. But wait, Ric Flair. He's not even here to be in HHH's corner? Continuing, crowd got behind match so it worked. This feud also is far better than Kennedy vs HBK. It sparks interest in me. WOW. Triple H clobbers Regal with several closed fists and draws blood from Regal. Game OVER Regal. Match equivalent to 3.0 stars.

(5) J.B.Layfield & Snitsky vs. Chris Jericho - Handicap Match

Match lasted about a minute or a little lower. Very short. I see them trying to make this really good but yeah, a bit drawn out. Found it quite hard to get behind the brawl but it was at least a plus to the already negative night. JBL a man possessed dragging Y2J up the ramp and intending to hang him on the metal frame constructional set but doesn't quite get to before refs come out to stop it and JBL leaves Y2J seeking breath. This was ok. Still leaving my seat a bit, though. Match equivalent to 2.7 stars.

(6) Hornswoggle & Mick Foley vs The Highlanders

Excels first three matches of the night. Mick, the pace, pick it up at least by a hair. It was watchable. Don't have much to say on this one besides not seeing Highlanders from some time. Frog Splash and Hornswoggle gets the win for the team. Everyone sure loves that Hornswoggle. Match equivalent to 2.5 stars.

(7) Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga - Steel Cage Match

Match of the night and Randy Orton wasn't going to miss this for the world. He was out there to get an intimate view of this match-up. A decent Cage Match between Jeff Hardy and Umaga and King made a bit of an overstating prediction saying it would be a match we'd never forget for a long time. The Whisper in the Wind off the top of the cage on Umaga was THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT! That one stunt Jeff did beats the show out, no lie. Pinfall and victory after that for Hardy. What momentum on Jeff's side going into the Rumble. I hope he wins the title. Match equivalent to 3.5 stars.

Overall show to me drew 2.7 stars and would of been less if it weren't for Main Event and Hardy. Not a very good RAW in my opinion.

Ok lets see how I rated this Raw...... my Star ratings are out of 5

The Raw Roulette idea was unique and I personally liked it.

Match #1 - HBK/Mr Kennedy Vs Charlie Haas/Trevor Murdoch
This match was average but was a little intertaining with HBK and Mr K attacking each other during the match. WTF was with Haas and his mask. That was weird. Rating-**1/4

Match #2 - Carlito w Santino vs Hardcore Holly w Cody Rhodes
Below average match that had filler written all over it. I thought Carlito was going to win for some reason. Rating *1/2

Match #3 - Pillow fight that included Melina, Jillian Hall, Maria, Mickie James, and Ashley who made her Raw return!!!
Wow Ashley has some nice puppies and you could say that I missed them alot. Great that shes back though but the match was all over the place. Rating 3/4 *

Match #4 - Triple H vs William Regal in a First Blood Match.
For some strange reason, I thought this was going to be the main event of the night but it ended up lasting about 5 minutes!! Not a bad match but too short for anything special. Rating **1/2

Match #5 - Chris Jericho vs. Snitsky and JBL in a handicap match
This was more like a segment than a match. Snitsky disappeared after 2 minutes!!. So JBL beat the crap out of Y2J. Rating **

Match #6 - The Highlanders vs. Hornswoggle and MICK FOLEY
It was great to see Foley again but I dont understand why he is entering the Royal Rumble. Match was short and predictable and Foley helps Horny get the pin in another short match. Rating **

Match #7 - Jeff Hardy v. Umaga in a Steel Cage match
Absolutely great 15 minute match. The Orton interference was great and the Hardy whisper in the ring from the top of the cage was amazing DOWNLOAD IT IF YOU MISSED IT. The 2 mixed very well together and put on an extremely entertaining match. Rating ****

This Raw had it ups and downs. The Cage match obviously saved this Raw from sucking. Hardy and Umaga should get a pat on the back for that match. The Raw roulette was good but they should show us the wheel before EVERY match because we only saw about 2 matches decided on the wheel. Overall Rating **3/4

this raw was ok i guess like everyone else here i think the best match was the hardy versus umaga match, other then that it would have to off been the worst raw i have seen in a long time.
I am a massive fan oh H.B.K and mr kennedy but i do not know why they are continuing with this fued.
and i pray to god they do not have hornswoggle win the rumble could u imagine that randy ortan vs hornswoggle headlining wrestlemania that better not be where wwe is going with this. wouldnt surprise me though

and i pray to god they do not have hornswoggle win the rumble could u imagine that randy ortan vs hornswoggle headlining wrestlemania that better not be where wwe is going with this. wouldnt surprise me though

I doubt Hornswoggle will win the rumble. Wrestlemania is the biggest stage for the biggest matches and I will be surprised if Hornswoggle is even on the WM24 card. He will prob get tossed out of the rumble straight away.

Personally, I thought this RAW wasn't awful, they seemed a bit afraid to do anything original though. Pillow Fight and WWE's basic stock match, a cage. Don't get me wronfg the cage match was off the chain, and I'd pay to see it again, I thought Orton really added too it as well with his assisting of Umaga.

I was just hoping beyond hope for some sort of a gimmick match with London and Kendrick, maybe a table match with whoever are the current tag team champs, erm.... I don't remember.

Not a waste of my time simply for main event and ending. I think Jeff is being built up awfully, just hope he doesn't lose at the rumble then get lost in the shuffle, but at least Trips likes him, till he gets too popular, or wears the wrong colour ring gear, lol.

It won't let me post a thread in the forums, so I'm hoping someone can answer my question here.

But on the last edition of Raw where William Regal and Triple H participated in the first blood match, does anyone know how Triple H got Regal to bleed?

I know that usually it is done by the wrestler cutting himself with a small razorblade somewhere on the forehead, but after watching the show again, when Triple H picked up Regal's head and started hitting him, Regal wasn't bleeding at all.

Only after being punched several times, with his head held facing the camera, did Regal start bleeding.

Did Regal cut himself and it took that long to start bleeding? Or did they use some other way?

Did they use a fake blood capsule? Anyone know?

After watching it again online where I could stop and rewind the video did I notice this. My first thought was that maybe Triple H had something in his fist that cut Regal, but IDK.

i actually didn't mind this raw that much. the steel cage match is great. i think hardy is taking it to orton and the first blood was alright. i wopuld like to see another raw raoulette this year but with a table match, and a last man standing. but i give this raw 8/10

I thought Raw was alright this week as well. The Diva match was pretty boring wrestling-wise, but hey, we got to see bunch of scantily-clad women run around.

I thought the Umaga v Hardy match was great when he hit the Whisper in the Wind off the cage.

It won't let me post a thread in the forums, so I'm hoping someone can answer my question here.

But on the last edition of Raw where William Regal and Triple H participated in the first blood match, does anyone know how Triple H got Regal to bleed?

I know that usually it is done by the wrestler cutting himself with a small razorblade somewhere on the forehead, but after watching the show again, when Triple H picked up Regal's head and started hitting him, Regal wasn't bleeding at all.

Only after being punched several times, with his head held facing the camera, did Regal start bleeding.

Did Regal cut himself and it took that long to start bleeding? Or did they use some other way?

Did they use a fake blood capsule? Anyone know?

After watching it again online where I could stop and rewind the video did I notice this. My first thought was that maybe Triple H had something in his fist that cut Regal, but IDK.

When HHH was measuring Regal just before he started the last series of punches, he bladed Regal. You can see his hand above Regal's eye make a small quick movement that would be consistent with that.

Edit: I took a look at the video on the WWE website, and realized clarification may help you see it. The blading was done once he had regal in the sitting position, between the first and second punch.

This Weeks Raw 1/14/08 was an ok it seemed they were so much into talking about HD they forgot to write a show.. Womens match nice to see all the Diva's but Beth dominating every week it's getting pretty boring watching it week in and week out they need to be competitive to make this interesting. It was Nice to See HBK in action and well I kinda lost interest in the rest of Raw other than when Flair had his match with Regal, good match not the best for either one, and the Hardy Orton Match I was looking forward to but who was I kidding they wouldn't give a PPV match away before the PPV, Nice OMG Moment by Hardy though he put his body on the line and made me believe he is gonna go the distance with Orton. the Gimmick Royal Rumble was kinda funny but they should either put in Hornswaggel (sp?) or the Diva's in a squash match to Beth blah blah blah these 2 reasons are why I gave this a B in what was some decent matches and a nice build to RR they worked it by hyping HD, Hornswaggle, and a Diva Squash. what was up with "the deal"? between McMahon and Finley? kinda interesting.. and HHH gets a shot at the Royal Rumble against who? With News of the Big Show back in the WWE and Ron "K Kwick" Killings in the WWE it should add a nice shot of here is a temp fix to some terrible story lines.

Jeff being a spot monkey finally paid off. It saved the first boring RAW of 08'. This RAW was full of mishaps and difficulties but everything came full circle for the Main Event. Sure we've seen it in TNA before but this time it looked a lot better.

RAW programming has been lackluster the only thing decent to me worth watching is the Orton/Hardy program.

RAW is seriously full of too many replays of Ric Flair and just replays in general. They have some sort of story with Kennedy and Michaels going on that needs new life, they have useless belts in the Tag titles, establishing stories and not elaborating on them (carlito and Santino), divas that want to be known for something more than pretty faces but get no reaction cuz they can't wrestle.

RAW has offically become the B show as of tonight's edition.

I do like Michaels new use of the the Reverse Figure 4, it is good he is expanding his moves. The Hardy Orton segment was good, but done many times before, but always enjoyable. And when Hardy put his hand up at the end, that was really good. It was a good raw.

Raw this week summed up in one sentance... A shit show with an insane ending. Raw broken down...

Opening Promo: Must say that Jeff is getting a lot better at them.

Diva's Match: Another 6 way tag, with Beth dominating. I'm also assuming that Ashley is back on Raw full time now and will *sigh* probably challenge Beth X_x

HBK vs Murdoch: Any reason why they had this match. I mean really they couldn't have pulled mabey Santino or something, Hell even Carlito. Why did HBK have to qualify in the first place. *shakes head* Waste of time...

Vice and Horny segment: Vince pumping up Horny for the Rumble... more wasted time IMO...

HHH vs Snitsky: *sigh* It doesn't matter what they have Snitsky do, he'll never get heat on him. He'll keep on wasting time on Raw by either winning by DQ or squashing someone... Shoulda kept the baby killing gimmick... Result: HHH possibly back in the Rumble pending next weeks match.

JBL Promo: The man's good on the mic. Not his best promo, but certainly got him even more heat then he already had. Enjoyed the fireworks that left the arena a smoke house for the rest of the night.

Midget Royal Rumble: Utter waste of time... Though a couple, Batista, and Kane were kind of commical they got old quickly. Khali coming out was unbelivably predictable. As was Finlay coming to the rescue...

Vince and Finlay: I wanna know what the damn deal is...

Ric Flair vs William Regal: With Flair facing MVP at the Royal Rumble, why would they make this match??? It made no sense and certainly was far from entertaining. I didn't watch most of the match so it's hard for me to say much...

Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy: one kick match over...

Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy: Holy Hell, Jeff is going to wind up breaking himself in half. Swanton off the titantron's supporters I belive they are? Damn I don't care what is under the area of which he landed, that's gotta hurt...

Highlight of the night: Swanton off the support

Funniest part of the night: JR's crack at Terril Owens

Best Match: tough one......... I guess HBK vs Murdoch... Aint that sad

Worst Match: Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy...

As I said in the beginning... Really a shitty show... nearly as bad, if not worse then last week... WWE needs to get back into the game. 2 weeks away from the Rumble and 2 straight shit shows... With the end of both being the exception...

Jeff being a spot monkey finally paid off. It saved the first boring RAW of 08'. This RAW was full of mishaps and difficulties but everything came full circle for the Main Event. Sure we've seen it in TNA before but this time it looked a lot better.

RAW programming has been lackluster the only thing decent to me worth watching is the Orton/Hardy program.

RAW is seriously full of too many replays of Ric Flair and just replays in general. They have some sort of story with Kennedy and Michaels going on that needs new life, they have useless belts in the Tag titles, establishing stories and not elaborating on them (carlito and Santino), divas that want to be known for something more than pretty faces but get no reaction cuz they can't wrestle.

RAW has offically become the B show as of tonight's edition.

B show? No way. No matter how stale Kennedy v. HBK is, no matter how old Flair becomes, no matter how bad the divas are, they are all still better than Chuck Palumbo v. Jamie Noble or anything involving Vickie Guerrero. Never. EVER.

I actually really enjoyed RAW tonight. I thought the Jeff spot was a good twist, as I was expecting to see RKO get the upperhand on things tonight. But the more they do this with Orton, the more they are ruining him. They need to be careful.

That was one of the worst Raw's I've ever seen... and I've seen plenty. I can't help but wonder what the hell the members of the creative are thinking when they throw this trash together. Even the spot at the end did nothing for me because I was already too pissed off from viewing the rest of the show. The midget battle royal was a tremendous waste of time... JBL's promo also wasted even more time... and who on this earth wants to see Flair wrestle anymore? I don't. Snitsky vs. HHH... why not just tell us HHH wins without putting on the match. Michaels vs. Murdoch... ditto for Michaels. Not one ounce of suspense throughout the whole program until the very end... when it's already too late. Good to see that the Creative Team is hitting their stride on the way to Wrestlemania... what a joke.

I thought that swanton was insane!!!! In my record book that goes up there with Foley getting thrown off top of the cell and Shane and Steve Blackman.Still my opinion is that RAW doesn't put its best effort into the show.Great end but bad show, you had good performances with another good pedegrie and smashing the screen with the sledge hammer.You also had the Flair match going on which wasn't all great but good concept I guess.But overall I give the show a 7/10.

all I can say is what a finish! Hardy is really becoming a headliner now lets see if he can do it for a whole match.can't wait to see vinces plan back fire with HHH wonder who he will be fighting? Flair has gotta go dear God its worse every week

all I can say is what a finish! Hardy is really becoming a headliner now lets see if he can do it for a whole match.can't wait to see vinces plan back fire with HHH wonder who he will be fighting? Flair has gotta go dear God its worse every week

Yeah as much as I would love to see Jeff Hardy win the WWE title I really doubt it will happen.Seriously WWE today is too predictable in some cases, but you never are too sure.Who knows maybe Jeff wins it then loses it at Now Way Out? But what I am almost positive is that the only way Jeff will headline WrestlMania is if Mr.Kennedy wins the Royal Rumble and they have a triple threat match, which I wouldn't mind seeing.

On normal WWE circumstances, and especially how vince and finlay talk about their deal and how its unsafe for horny.. I predict that Kennedy will win the rumble and that finlay will disclose the deal that Kennedy is actually the real bastard son and horny is just part of the deal to keep Kennedy in the dark.

On normal WWE circumstances, and especially how vince and finlay talk about their deal and how its unsafe for horny.. I predict that Kennedy will win the rumble and that finlay will disclose the deal that Kennedy is actually the real bastard son and horny is just part of the deal to keep Kennedy in the dark.

that's actually a pretty good idea... like... Finlay and Vince had a plan to lie about his son... something like that... and ends up with Kennedy being the son... yeah.

In other ideas... you all know how Vince smiled when he said, "yeah, your match next week." The first thing that popped into my head was BIG SHOW... I don't know though, I didn't think that Big Show would come back so quickly. Hmm... you never know.

either big show or lashley.....i dont think it will be lashley really cause last time i saw him he was shaving mr.mcmahons head......but i cannot belive that swanton...holy crap.....i didnt think that jeff could win the belt, but after the past two weeks i feel the crowd is even more over for him and this push is insane... i will still be shocked if he wins but i belive that its possible now...plus i am actually looking forward to this match...normally i could care less about the title matches at rr..cause it has the rr,but this fued interests me..

I thought Raw was OK to be honest. Not amazing but it seemed like a fairly solid show for the majority.

I disagree with the people talking about Ric Flair, I personally love seeing Flair in the ring and even though it's a forgone conclusion that he is going to win for now it's still great to see his last matches and the finish was classic Flair.

The HBK match was obvious that he was going to win I suppose. But it was good to see a bit of something different at the end.

JBL's promo did seem like a slight waste of time however. He didn't say or do anything which he couldn't have done stood on the stage. He didn't need to take all the time coming to the ring.

The Royal Rumble preview. I don't usually like skits such as this, especially the midget things, but this did actually make me laugh. It was due to the surprise thing i think. Although WWE are usign midgets waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. They deem to be popping up everywhere.

The Randy Orton thing about the WWE & I.C title was good, because it was all mind games. When i first saw Orton take out Hardy and get DQ'd I was annoyed and thought it was a massive let down, but the aftermath was good. So what if Hardy is a Spot Monkey, at least it gets a reaction from the crowd, which is something the WWE is lacking BIG TIME!

Wow, I see so little faith in your comments, it's just very saddening.

I thought it was a very nice RAW. Jeff Hardy is quickly rising to the top among my favorites, as he proves time and again his complete disregard of the laws of physics. Amazing Swanton! It got me kinda worried though, his landing seemed (as far as I can tell, since the cameras didn't show the landing) abrupt and I think he may have hit hard with the back of his neck on one of Orton's legs. I'm actually posting to ask if anybody has any news of his condition.

Ric Flair is probably going to retire soon, so please stop criticizing him. His match only lasted a short couple of minutes so really that wasn't where they could have introduced something else. And his match with William Regal was made to further develop the failures of W R in front of McMahon, which is something that may become an angle in the near future.

Trips vs Snitsky was a match made to give HHH the opportunity for another shot at the Royal Rumble. McMahon, who hates HHH tells Snitsky to go hurt him, which makes HHH even more angry, which forces McMahon to give him another shot against a mystery opponent. What better way to set up an angle or a comeback of a star? I really don't see why you would enjoy somebody lacking charisma and talent as a wrestler as much as Snitsky to mop the floor with HHH.

The mini-Royal Rumble I thought was very funny, although the impersonations could have been a little better. The finale was indeed predictable but necessary to keep alive the mystery of the McMahon - Finlay deal. Why else would Finlay go visit McMahon again? Of course the writing is not going to win any Emmys (if they're even applicable), but keep in mind that they have to also lure in people who just tuned in for this week's episode so let's make SOME allowances.

The Divas simply cannot wrestle. Correction. I think Beth Phoenix can wrestle, but we've never seen her at full speed. But the rest of them are just awful. Excepting the Glamazon , all of the girls have been around on wwe prime time for at least 3 years and most have been wrestling before that. Yet they look unbelievably amateurish in the ring. It feels like they're scared of grazing each other's bodies, which shouldn't happen in wrestling. Notwithstanding that I still like watching them flap about :D

The qualifying match of HBK wasn't bad at all, and reasons for making it may be to try to push Murdoch as a single wrestler, or simply to showcase HBK's new move in a more believable fashion, or allow Kennedy to rest for a week, etc.

last nights raw was a very nice suprise... i was expected a win for hardy at the end but the disqualification was kinda nuts cause they rolled all the footage of the ultimate worrier and trips winning the belts... i would have liked to see a clean win for hardy or orton but i think that would have hurt ortons character...

everyone isnt so sure what they thought of the high spot at the end of last nights show... i for sure was curious if he was really going to jump, shocked he did with the crappy landing with foam flying in the air... why did they put that stuff ontop of the padding... poor planning if you ask me... oh well.

everyone is excited about jeff hardy having all this momentem.. everyone knows that whenever WWE gives someone momentem they dont win at the PPV... for as much as i would love to see jeff win the belt it wouldnt be a good idea cause it would be just like when cm punk finallly won the belt from morrison on ecw.

the flair match could have had more emotion leading up to the match, the 6 women tag was nice to watch but they need to put ashly over or mickie james over b/c right now im not convinced anyone can stop the glamazon... the mini rumble was funny until it lasted so long.. that could have been a backstage thing and in a mini-sized ring.. would have been a lot funnier...

hbk qualifying match was a little on the predictable side... would have liked to see them do something with murdoc.. i know kennedy was off on his hunnymoon, thats why he wasnt there but, i would have liked to see murdoc win, sad but he needs a job, right now he is a jobless jobber, if that.

jbl, my favorite heel right now, he is actually doing things to be annoying and spark some interest... i didnt know y2j had kids... kind of a shocker last night.

trips partner next week will be lashley. i think the tone in vinces voice was forshadowing the fact that he will be wrestling someone that is a hard-hitter...

wwe has done a good job with building up to the rumble, lets just hope next week is drama filled and exciting. i give the show a B- for its ability to keep interest before a ppv (which is good) and for its lame booking and techical difficulties (which of coarse is bad).

if Triple H faces lashley next week in lashleys first match back, is it possible lashley could be a heel when he comes back?, cuz it looks like if it Vince is putting lashley back against trips(which would be a bad idea cuz he probly should vs. kennedy). the only thing is kennedy is already in his own feud with michaels. Personally I think big show returns to face trips next week and lashley makes a suprise come back sometime around the royal rumble, screwing kennedy out of a match against HBK or just spearing him or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back