Official Raw/Smackdown Aftermath, Ratings and Review Thread

Grade tonight's RAW.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Considering that Raw had to be redone and rewritten in a span of less than 24 hours, it was a pretty decent show. As to who wins this week, I'd have to give the edge to TNA iMPACT!.

The opening segment with Triple H and the SES was really entertaining. The crowd was really hot for Triple H and Punk drew great heat. Both were really on with the mic, particularly with Triple H's brief crowd interaction. The SES attacks Triple H, as expected, with Rey Mysterio making the save as Trips is about to get his head shaved. Mysterio and Triple H gaining the upper hand and shearing off a decent size chunk of Punk's hair made for an entertaining moment. Just an entertaining way to kick off Raw.

The match between Drew McIntyre and Matt Hardy was ok, nothing special. Given what happened with Hardy's interference in the match Kane had with McIntyre last Friday on Smackdown, it would've been much better to have had all of them in a triple threat match for the IC title. They need to move McIntyre onto someone else because there's only so many times I can watch him beat Matt Hardy before changing the channel.

The interview segments they had with Cena, Orton and Sheamus were ok, nothing special for the most part. As with a lot of what went on with Raw, the interviews just seemed kind of thrown together at the last minute, which is probably what happened really.

The Macgruber segments were just plain murder. I thought they were going to have the cast from the movie appear, but they had them show up in character. The first segment started off with some promise with Koslov having Jerry Lawler read his statement to the crowd. Got some damn good heel heat during that part. Macgruber poking fun at Koslov did have one or two decent chuckle moments. When R-Truth came down, I figured we'd at least see some sort of decent match but it turned out to be a lame skit, incredibly lame. All the Macgruber skits just went down hill from there. The worst was the match Macgruber had with Koslov in which the Great Khali steps in as Macruber's twin brother. Just really, really awful stuff. This has been the shit that Raw has done a damn good job of avoiding in 2010 and they don't need to start back now.

The match between Jack Swagger and The Undertaker was really good. While I'm an Undertaker fan, part of me was hoping that he'd lose the match even though I didn't expect him to. Swagger did look quite strong, game and ready and both wrestlers put on a really good match that made it to the 16 minute mark or so. I like the way that they're keeping Swagger a little off balance with one good week and one bad week. While I certainly hope it doesn't happen, there's a chance that Swagger could lose to Orton this Sunday. It's not likely but, then again, it's hard to tell at this point.

The six man tag match was also pretty good. An enjoyable 11-12 minute match that showed off and extended a couple of the big feuds at Extreme Rules. I think it would've been better had Punk gotten the win over Mysterio in the match to get some momentum his way going into the ppv, but still a good match.

Overall, Raw was decent last night. There was some crap, don't get me wrong on that, but the WWE did put on a pretty entertaining show overall last night. The show was redone, rewritten and all within less than 24 hours, so things obviously weren't as smooth as they could have been. However, for the first time in a while, I have to say that I thought iMPACT! was an overall better show last night. All it took for was for the entire Raw roster to be stranded in a foreign country and unable to compete.

Just watched Swagger/Morrison round two, where Morrison went over cleanly. Have to say - fuck you to haters on both guys. That was absolutely awesome, a complete TV classic. The mesh of styles, with Morrison's high-flying stiff offense paired off against Swagger's power and technical mat expertise, worked brilliantly. Also excellent psychology, with Swagger generally working over Morrison's abdominal region (smart considering his offense) with Morrison struggling to get out of holds long enough to hit his big moves. Stunning-looking round-the-world DDT really stood out, although Starship Pain wasn't its best. Really that move is slightly too hard to use as a consistent finisher, and I'm not sure the Moonlight Drive really stands out enough. Be interesting if he started using the superkick, we already know his is better than HBK's...

Was that an HBK-esque flying forearm smash I saw? Looked awfully like one...On the Swagger side, this was obviously a disappointing loss. Morrison, though, is definitely not a bad guy to lose to (beat Punk twice last year when HE was WHC), and if Swagger does retain at the PPV tonight (which I'm thinking he just might), it will have served it's purpose as a set-up for the swerve. Regardless, though, if Swagger keeps on pulling out these kind of performances his future will be bright with or without the title. The guy can work one hell of a match, he really is technically excellent. Swagger is someone who I will pay money to see for the wrestling alone, and he has a great look to go with it.

Raw really loaded up their show and roster tonight with the additions of Edge, Jericho, Truth, and Morrison. They also started off hot with The Hart Dynasty beating MizShow. Now that Mizshow has split, there isn't really any other tag teams the Hart Dynasty can face unless its the laughable Dudebusters or Baretta and Croft that aren't even on Raw.

Raw delivered a lot of high profile matches with Orton, Sheamus, and Batista looking strong. I still don't know why Hornswoggle was booked in a match or whey Cena had the authority to make matches, but what ever. I think Smackdown really got the short end of the stick. Also, is it too much to ask to see Edge and Christian on the same roster? I also don't see why they wasted a major draft pick on a diva like Kelly Kelly. Beth Phoenix is really the only diva the fans care about.

Usually Raw and Impact trade blows week after week as far as which show is the better one week in and week out. I think Raw takes the win here since there were many main event matches with lots of talent. Edge also shined turning heel which is really the best position for him.

I guess we will have to wait and see if Wayne Brady will stink the show up next week or not. It looks like Smackdown has turned into ECW with no huge stars there anymore. Hopefully the underutilized Raw talent will go to Smackdown since Raw is mostly loaded down with main eventers.

I really enjoyed Raw, seeing the Hart Dynasty win the tag team titles was the highlight for me. Have wanted this to happen for a while. My main beef was with ShoMiz breaking up though, now who are Hart Dynasty going to feud against?

I hated the Edge heel turn it didnt make sense to me. But maybe WWE believes his face turn wasn't working. His feud with jericho was very boring and the crowd reacted to that at Extreme Rules. Guess we can look forward to Edge vs Orton feud, yawn! and Batista vs Cena again which will probably end up as a triple threat match involving Shaemus who will be fuming no doubt.

Also was it just me or did Smackdown! get the shaft with the draft? It seems like all the big stars ended up on Raw. Maybe they're gonna use Smackdown! to push the upcoming talent.

I thought Raw was just plain excellent last night. I was entertained by the entire show from top to bottom. The show was packed with big stars and a lot of the younger stars were given opportunity to shine.

The Hart Dynasty vs. ShowMiz was a really fun match, the crowd was into it and the Hart Dynasty was really able to shine in a high quality 12 minute match. I'm a little surprised the Hart Dynasty won the titles, but they've proven themselves to be a really good team and deserved a win. My only real disappointment in the show last night was the break up of ShowMiz. I enjoyed them as a team but, in all honesty, that was due almost entirely to The Miz anyway.

The Divas match between Team LayCool vs. Eve & Maryse was much better than I figured it would be. A pretty damn decent 5 minute match. Not spectacular, but head and shoulders above what the Divas pull out most of the time. Some good action from McCool and Eve during the match and it wasn't sloppy at all. The flow of the match was smooth and natural and, believe it or not, the fans were actually into it. Still, I think the fans have been fed too much shit from the Divas to be overly excited about them right now. Michelle McCool scored the win and Kelly Kelly gets drafted to Smackdown as a result.

CM Punk vs. Evan Bourne was a good, fast paced match although I wish it would have lasted longer. Bourne has looked much stronger in his last couple of appearances on Raw than he has for a long time. It looked as though he had Punk right where he wanted him and was about to hit Air Bourne for the win, but the interference from the newest member of the SES cost Bourne the win. As a result, the Big Show was drafted to Smackdown. I'm kinda glad for that because now we don't have to worry between a really lame feud between The Miz and Big Show.

The 10 man Battle Royal was a fun match. I like the fact that Raw and Smackdown gave some tv time to some of their more underutilized wrestlers. Santino Marella was in there doing his thing and gave me a few chuckles. Ted DiBiase really came out looking strong in this and had some great back and forth action with Rey Mysterio. The multiple times each of them teased the audience about going over the ropes provided some great suspense. DiBiase ultimately wound up getting the better of Rey and won the match for the Raw brand. A special stipulation of the match was that the winning brand got three picks. As a result, John Morrison, R-Truth and Edge were drafted to Raw.

Chris Jericho and Christian had a great match with each other. Heath Slater, Christian's Rookie from NXT, was called out by Jericho before the match so it's nice to see another NXT Rookie get some more exposure. Great back and forth match between Jericho and Christian. Since Jericho lost at Extreme Rules, I figured he might wind up going on a losing streak. I particularly thought so when you coupled that with the promo he did in the ring before calling out Heath Slater. Jericho came up with the win around the 10 minute mark, resulting in Kofi Kingston being drafted to Smackdown. Kofi running down to the ring and nailing Jericho with Trouble in Paradise was a nice touch and I hope Kofi really is given more chances to shine on Smackdown.

Jack Swagger and John Morrison had a rubber match on Raw and it was just a really great wrestling match. Both guys went back and forth, their different styles in the ring meshed very nicely I thought and Swagger came out with a win around the 15 minute mark. Both Swagger and Morrison looked very strong during the match and this is another win that Swagger needed. I expected him to win, but it was still a very enjoyable match. With Swagger winning, Christian wound up being traded to Smackdown. That might not make some people happy, but I think Christian has a much better chance of shining on Smackdown than he does Raw at this time.

When Hornswoggle's music hit, I cringed as he was going up against Dolph Ziggler. Flashbacks of Chavo Guerrero suddenly hit me and my guts started churning like my old Maytag on the rinse cycle. Hornswoggle scored a win by getting Ziggler counted out, but I was very pleased to see Ziggler get the last laugh by catching him, pushing him around on the mat and laying him out with the sleeper. Ziggler's stock went up in my view as he drew some great heat. Few things can get a heel over more than hitting a woman or beating up a midget. Since Hornswoggle technically won, Chris Jericho was traded to Raw.

Batista took on Sheamus and Randy Orton in a really good triple threat match to determine the #1 contender for the WWE Championship. The match was made as Batista came out and raised hell that he wasn't named #1 contender. Some good work on the mic from all three guys. I liked the fact that Sheamus, the upstart, stood his ground and reminded both the more accomplished wrestlers that both of them had their asses handed to them at Extreme Rules and that they didn't deserve a shot. The match itself was really good with all three of them looking strong. No one single wrestler dominated at any point during the match. Around the 17 minute mark, Orton hit Sheamus with the RKO only to have Edge come into the ring a second later and nail Orton with the Spear. Batista, laying there as if he were half dead, draped an arm over Orton to get the win. So, we're going to have at least one more Cena/Batista match. I can't complain about 'em really because I've enjoyed them. I don't know if Edge's attack means that he's turned heel or if he's playing the tweener role like Orton or what, but it'll be fun to find out.

As I said, I loved Raw from top to bottom last night. It was easily better show this week and I just hope that the guest host, Wayne Brady, doesn't stink it up next week. If they're going to have him, they should do what they've been doing for most of this year. Keep him on screen for a total of maybe 5 minutes tops.

While I have to admit I didn't like the draft picks (which I will get back to later on) I still liked RAW a lot, and I think it was a strong show with some good matches, I liked how they really made Ted DiBiase seem like a strong dude.

And I actually found John Cena funny tonight, that hasn't been seen in a while if you ask me, but I laughed out loud over his little "conversation" on his phone.

The Draft picks, yep I said I was getting back to them, here they are, I didn't like them because it seemed to pump up RAW with a lot of main eventers, leaving Smackdown dead dry, I was hoping they would've balanced it out with Randy Orton, or for the love of god have kept at least Jericho or Edge on the show, sadly that wasn't to happen, now Smackdown just seems like the show to push the youngsters and put focus on them.. I guess we'll have to see how they work the show, but something tells me it's gonna be quite a bummer having two upper mid-carders (Jack and Christian, obviously not main eventers just yet) as the champion and contender.

I thought Raw was awesome last night. Great overall show and with the 3 hours, everything was included from great promos to great matches. The opener was solid and we have the hart dynasty as the champs now. Im not really happy as i loved seeing Miz with three belts, but i guess its for the best. Even the 10 man battle royal with Santino was fun. the ending had me on the edge of my seat as it was actually exciting. Good main event with Edge coming out of left field.

However, i am still very confused about the direction that everything is going. Who's gonna fight Swagger with edge on raw now? are christian and kofi being put in the ME scene on smackdown. are Sheamus and Orton feuding now and if they are, what about HHH? Who is left to challenge Miz for his US belt and the hart dynasty for the tag team championship?

EDIT: Morrison and Truth are viable options for the US and Tag Team straps

The draft as a whole was quite good. I enjoyed the matches, and particularly like how they had Dibiase beat Mysterio, and helped push him as a heel by hitting Santino with the Dream Street

I thought Raw was good. It hasn't been this good in a long time. But it had its weak points. They can be ignored. What I'll explain is its changes. The reason for its success(and failures) are based on these changes.

The Hart Dynasty vs. ShowMiz: Always a good start. I like the Miz. This time they come out as usual and begin their promo. Here's where the changes are implemented. Miz starts off sounding like a complete weirdo, trying to be something hes not. Obviously not his fault, creative sucks. It was funny to watch Show's reaction as the entire time hes smiling or shaking his head. The audience even breaks into a "You suck" chant that kinda throws him off. He tries pathetically to catch himself with the, "We're ShoMiz and..." Then Bret Hart comes out. Looks around for 3 seconds and goes on a "verbal beatdown" of ShoMiz with crap Creative thinks we care about or thinks is insulting. Lame start up and the Hart Dynasty are out. Excellent match.

The Divas Match: Sucked. I skipped it like always as my normal break.

Promo: Sheamus is out. He stirs up the audience well and establishes himself as a good main eventer. Randy's out. Comes in with a weird demeanor, trying to be calm and assertive. Complete failure and Sheamus verbally destroys him. Randy tries another tactic: Gets the audience to scream. You can tell he needed to scream as well. He must have felt embarrassed for listening to Creative. The Stone Cold persona doesn't fit with him well. Then comes Cena. This was the worst crap I've EVER heard from Cena EVER! As a Cena hater I couldn't even laugh, I just had to change the channel. What is Creative thinking? I thought they want to make him popular not make him a joke.

CM Punk vs. Evan Bourne: Put on a good show. The change here was CM Punk's attitude. Hes smiling. I thought he was on drugs for a second but then I realized he was forcing it. Creative thinks hes too unenthusiastic so they told him to seem happy. Weird. Nice match though, which I might add has good camera angles and spots. That's another key thing they upgraded. The camera work is way better. It helps sets a tone.

Raw vs Smackdown Battle Royal: was a joke. From start to finish. Santino is funny as always but Kane kinda blew it at there at the start. The ending was a joke. Dibiase has to sell himself and does his weird grin. Its not like we don't know him. Trying to reinvent his character now is gonna be hard. We know he isn't normally like that and his promo with Carlito was ridiculous. They tried to make him look credible by "owning" Santino. I thought it was a mistake. Santino is funny. It kinda makes me resent Dibiase a little. But its Creatives fault so blah.

Chris Jericho vs Christian: Jericho's promo was ridiculous and he slurred everything. It sounded like he had a lisp. I thought he sounded drunk. I could tell he agreed because towards the end he got serious again. The "Red Haired Freak" wasn't impressive either. His country accent threw me off. So we start the match. Good wrestling coming from these two. Its expected from Jericho but he seemed a bit better because he was facing someone just as good. Nice ending where Jericho comes off strong. Hopefully it sets up something between Christian and himself.

I think here we have a promo for Cena in the tune of Nickelback. Blah Blah Army Blah Superman Blah United State Blah American Flag Blah Captain America. I'm tired of this Cena sh%t.

Jack Swagger vs John Morrison: was impressive from John Morrison's standpoint. Swagger looked tired from John's impressive in-ring ability. They didn't need to push Morrison because hes doing fine by himself. Might I add the chemistry between the announce team annoyed me. Even more so here. They need to shut up when something awesome is happening. I don't want to hear Cole screaming in the background when I'm enjoying my match.

Hornswoggle vs Dolph Ziggler or NICKY!: is a joke. Why did they have to add a weird match like this in an awesome show? They failed with the "sad" moment bit. No one cares if someone pushes Hornswoggle. It happens every time hes in the ring. Glad to here the "Jerry" chants cause it kinda ruined the sadness and made you laugh.

Batista vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton: Had potential but ultimately fell flat due to the outcome. Who gave Cena authority to make matches? That was a joke. Good match but what the heck was Batista doing? Still tying to play the coward? Why? Its Batista not Jericho. Hes not a coward heel, hes a monster heel. Creative is just trying to destroy him before he leaves so he has zero credibility whatsoever. The Edge interruption wasn't necessary. There's been a bit on confusion about it. Personally I don't think it was a heel turn. But being that it came at the wrong time it looked like it was. Batista picked up the victory. Why? They don't want Sheamus or Randy Orton to take away from Cena. Randy and Sheamus are getting popular by the episode. If they put him against Randy or even Sheamus the crowd will instantly turn. Sheamus has his own feud with Triple H and Randy is now with Edge.

What people seem to miss is that there was no guest host. The Draft itself covered for that. Speaking of the draft, it was a complete joke. Everyone come to Raw and Smackdown is left desolate. All in all I think it was a good show. The matches made up for all the mistakes.

Great episode of Smackdown as usual. The first hour or so was fucking epic, two good matches with Jericho-Kofi and Morrison-Rhodes followed by an epic segment between Edge and Christian, hard to follow that first hour. I actually like the Big Show being number one contender though, I've always liked Wight and he's obviously getting over again as a face based off his knocking out of most of the rosters heels over the past week. More importantly though he's just the kind of opponent that Swagger should be defeating to be earning himself credibility as a champion, which is obviously exactly what they'll be doing. The resulting match might not be very good, but it's the right move to build up Swagger as a real champ and not a fluke.

I'm fucking ecstatic that the WWE has the confidence in Christian to have him play the face role against Edge who was pretty fuckin' over as a face only a near 24 hours or so ago. Hopefully this means big things for Christian on Smackdown and definitely an Edge-Christian feud in the future, which I've been fuckin' begging and pleading for the WWE to do for months now. Good job WWE in finally doing it, damn good job. Really can't find a single fault with the WWE the last few months.

Great show as always from Smackdown.

I thought Smackdown was a great match. The Kofi/Jericho match didn't appeal to me as much as I thought it would but it was a decent match nonetheless. Rhodes looked awesome in his match with Morrison and I expect him within a year's time to be in a better position on Smackdown than Ted DiBiase on RAW. The one thing Smackdown has always had was the decent midcard matches and they delivered tonight.

I absolutely loved this weeks Smackdown, it had some rather surprising matches, I really liked Cody vs John Morrison, a lot!
Kofi Kingston vs Chris Jericho, actually expected a little more out of it, but I found it rather entertaining "where's the boom now?"

Some great promos were made during that show, I really.. REALLY marked out for Christian and Edge, Edge turning heel without a doubt, and then Christian starting to beat Edge, it was absolutely brilliant, I'm saddened now that they're on different shows once again.

Also I found it kinda funny how Big Show would be knocking out every heel backstage, a little badly done though, at least with Jericho, I could've seen them have a little better conversation, then a knock out blow.

This episode was very strong, definitely one of the better if you ask me, by far, a lot of great ways to let some of the Smackdown guys leave, while making an impact using the new Smackdown guys, can't say that Kofi isn't loved though, and I think he'll be a good success on Smackdown.

I was fearing how Smackdown was gonna be now that all the top main eventers would be gone, except for of course Big Show who's probably the only real main event currently active on Smackdown, but I was pleasantly surprised.

What a great show.

This episode just confirmed my hope that Smackdown would continue to be a great show, one where midcarders and people on the cusp could break through to main event status. Cody Rhodes had a great match with John Morrison, and I highly enjoyed Kofi/Jericho. Christian interrupting Edge was a segment that made me giddy with happiness, and it didn't hurt that the crowd was massively into a Christian/Edge feud. All the new draftees got some airtime, and were all used well (With the exception of Masters, but hey at least he was on TV!)

Two parts that stood out to me through the whole episode was Big Show punching everyone (which was a GREAT way to get him over as a face), and Swagger's final promo. His DYK Segments throughout the show were humorous and worked well, but man, during that last promo...I have never heard anyone get so much heat, except for Vickie. It's amazing what a win over the biggest babyface in the company can do for a guy, and it doesn't hurt that he has in my opinion the "It" factor.

I am VERY excited for Smackdown's future. I think it may continue to be THE show to watch.

A

[What a great show.

This episode just confirmed my hope that Smackdown would continue to be a great show, one where midcarders and people on the cusp could break through to main event status. Cody Rhodes had a great match with John Morrison, and I highly enjoyed Kofi/Jericho. Christian interrupting Edge was a segment that made me giddy with happiness, and it didn't hurt that the crowd was massively into a Christian/Edge feud. All the new draftees got some airtime, and were all used well (With the exception of Masters, but hey at least he was on TV!)

Two parts that stood out to me through the whole episode was Big Show punching everyone (which was a GREAT way to get him over as a face), and Swagger's final promo. His DYK Segments throughout the show were humorous and worked well, but man, during that last promo...I have never heard anyone get so much heat, except for Vickie. It's amazing what a win over the biggest babyface in the company can do for a guy, and it doesn't hurt that he has in my opinion the "It" factor.

I am VERY excited for Smackdown's future. I think it may continue to be THE show to watch.
/QUOTE]

Definitely a great show, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the future of SD, most of the great parts of the show revolved around matches and segments with talent who won't even be appearing on SD anymore (ex:Morrison, Jericho, Edge) can you honestly still say SD will still have a great future with these guys gone? Let's face, next week, all we're gonna be left with is the boring old SD except with a bunch of Mid-Carders instead of Main Event talent. C'mon, Big Show vs Swagger? What kind of fued is that?

Batista vs. Sheamus Promo

- Really liked it, I thought Sheamus did a good job, definatly set himself up as a loner and I am actually hoping the Over the limit match is changed to a Triple Threat between Batista vs Sheamus vs Cena, it could add a real intresting mix, especially since we have seen Batista vs Cena a few times now

Batista vs Daniel Bryan

I didn't know much about Bryan Danielson before NXT started, I had heard about him, but hadn't really followed his work. I have to admit I am absoutly marking out every time this kid gets a match.. This loosing streak is growing on me, when he finally gets that first win I hope it is Huge, it is really being built up big, and when he threw that arm bar/Crossface in at the end I actually marked out and thought they might let him beat Batista for a few seconds! Overall a great match

Backstage Segment #1

Jillian sang, it was annoying not funny. Eve got beat up by Maryse.. I really didn't care to be honest, untill they unify the womens belts it is really hard to take stock in the division

Edge Backstage Segment Rated- R in a PG world

Loved it, it poked fun at the WWE's PG rating, and was well done. Just overall a funny backstage segement.

Ted Dibiase Vs John Morrison

This match was pretty decent, I like Ted picking up his dads old gimmick, the hunt for the next Virgil is pretty entertaining, and his match with Jomo was pretty entertaing as well. The midcard is absoutly stacked on Raw , and I have been really enjoying it as of late. Ted opened it up with a nice promo, and I loved him leaving the ring only to come back.. Match kept me on the edge of my seat to see if Jomo would become his new virgil but nothing came of it. Really curious to see if htey will keep pushing a Dibase vs Truth Feud, it could be a good watch.

Cena Vs Wade Barrett

Absoutely LOVED this, Jericho just cracks me up. Him and Wade Barrette work so well together its unbeilvable. The match overall was pretty entertaining too, and It is pushing a Wade Barette Vs Dainel Bryan Rivalry on NXT, as they are by far the two front runners to win the competition. Both of these men have a great future ahead of them in the WWE. Sure Cena won via STF again , but overall the match was pretty decent, and Sheamus Kicking Cena in the head afterword was great. Sheamus is really stepping his game up a notch.

Maryse Vs Nikki Bella

Boring diva's segment, its hard to care about this divison at all right now..

Zack Ryder Vs Mark Henry

I don't even know what to say about this match honestly.. It was very boring. Anything with Mark Henry is realtivly boring, and Zack Ryder , while a decent worker just isn't ever going to be pushed beyond where he is at right now, he is just not as talented as the other's on the RAW roster right now, not to mention some of the NXT rookies who are sure to be entering into the scene here soon..

Chris Jericho & Miz Backstage

Wow , Hinting at a Jericho & Miz Tag team?? you have THE two best mic guys in the WWE in the same segment you know it's going to deliver and this certainly did. It did its job, and really has me intrested in seeing what is going to happen next.

Guest Host Comedy Segment

Took a bathroom break, saw some of Golddust, He honestly makes me laugh so I'm sorta glad he's on Raw now.. I actually might look forward to his interactions with the guest host's

Hart Dynasty Vs Ruthless Roundtable

Well apparently Kozlov and REgal have put there diffrences behind them, hopefully they re-unite the Ruthless roundtable, they could be a small part in helping to fix this Tag Divison. I don't mind the "thrown" together Tag teams as long as you have a good mix of Soild stable tag teams that last years, some single star's looking thrown togther (lets be honest Two man power trip, Jerishow, Mizshow all very fun tag teams) It's honestly balance as a whole, and as long as they don't over-push the single stars it could be good.

Either way this match did it's job, I liked it, the Harts one, building credablity and they teasted a Miz & jericho vs HArt Dynasty feud in the future

The Cutting Edge

Liked the segment, people might complain but It was well put together, Wayne Brady was a fairly nice additon to it suprisingly, I was impressed by him. ORton RKO'ing Brady was great, and Edge getting more and more pissed off as orton just stared him down not saying a word was priceless. The lack of reaction hurt the segment as a whole , but the Crowd was absoultly dead all night, very dissapointed in the crowd there. Edge's speech was just perfect, and the RKO to end it was even better. REally into a future Edge vs. Orton Feud, and honestly

Has ORton surpassed Cena as the E's top face? I mean ORton is just plain out on FIRE right now... Edge hit the nail on the head, he hasn't done ANYTHING to turn himself Face .. I don't even know what to say about Orton anymore this is beyond Tweener, what they are doing with him is honestly pretty damn awesome and the crowd is really digging it. I haven't heard Pop's this big for a guy in a LONG time and they are consistantly huge.. ORton is by far the biggest thing in the WWE right now, Cena may be the Kid's Hero, but ORton is the backstage God, and FAce of the WWE, hands down

OVerall B

Show was average, I Won't kill it , it was a good solid everday raw. Nothing special, but they didn't really need anything. They just put together a nice solid show and set up for a really intresting raw Next week

smackdown has become mostly has mid-card talent, but they could build that up,
y is the focus of the IC title only of Drew McIntyre, there isnt even a fued over the IC belt, just assult over and over again, against somebody( Matt hardy).
even if they are low on upper-carders, use people like undertaker, cm punk(he does have a secret new follower), rey mysterio, big show and jack swagger, christian in interesting fueds. Undertaker is our for a while to heal up.They should be a little more egdey.
as for the fued between Big show and Jack Swagger... how is he supposed to hit the Gut wrench powerbomb on Show, he can even do it to heavy weights properly(watch his move against edge and jericho)[the only time he gets it right is against ppl like evan bourne and other lightweights.
this could also be the begining of a new finished by swagger maybe?

I liked this show, the start of it was pretty well handled, Batista making Daniel Bryan look strong, which I think was needed because it wouldn't make sense to have Batista work another squash match against someone who's a clean shoe-in for future star in WWE.

All the small segments that were here and there had me interested, I marked out for a few of them, Edge with the whole "I'm rated R!" and Randy Orton RKOing Wayne Brady, and even though it's a PG show, I was slowly waiting for Wayne to bust out "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?" when Jillian started singing.

The matches was pretty good, I was a little disappointed with the potential that John Cena vs Wade Barrett could've been as opposed to what it was, although in the end, it was decent, it had Wade looking strong, even though he had to tap out, but in the end, you probably couldn't demand too much from it seeing as it's John Cena he's against.

My favorite moment of the night although had to have been Jericho and Miz with raised hands as they had just laid out David Hart Smith, which I think was pretty well scripted.

A strong show, I liked it, and I'll give it an overall B+

I thought Raw was pretty decent, though it wasn't a great show by far. Overall, I'm disappointed in the wrestling content of Raw last night, though I did enjoy John Morrison vs Ted DiBiase, Batista vs. Daniel Bryan and Cena vs. Wade Barrett. Morrison looked good in his Raw debut and I'm kind of enjoying the "DiBiase looking for his own Virgil" angle. DiBiase is really starting to come on as a good heel I think. He's got some work to do, but he's moving forward. I was a little surprised to see The Miz substitute Daniel Bryan in his place against Batista, but it was a fun match. I didn't expect Bryan to win, and he didn't, but he looked pretty good against Batista and looked the strongest he's looked since the debut of NXT. Same along the lines with Cena and Barrett. I like how the NXT rookies have gotten some more exposure by being brought to Raw and placed against some high profile opposition. Still, it would have been a great moment if Bryan would have made Batista tap out. The rest of the matches were pretty much shit.

It was another good night for Sheamus. Simply put, he looks like he belongs in a ring against the likes of Batista or Orton. He gives off a good presence and could give each of them a competitive match, maybe even actually beat them. Challenging Batista to a match and having Batista turn it down only makes his stock go up.

I thought the Cutting Edge segment was really well done. I dug the fact that Edge just openly acknowledged that the fans never fully accepted him as a face and his confrontation with Orton had some nice tension to it. Orton is so over that he simply doesn't even have to say a single word anymore. All he has to do is just turn his head to a different angle and it seems that the crowd goes nuts. Wayne Brady was a good sport and sold the RKO well. Laying there like a dead fish flat on his face is always a nice approach. I gotta little chuckle out of his own mini-promo, especially the part about challenging other guest hosts and the "Bob Darker" comment. Thankfully, Brady was only on screen really a total of about 5 or 6 minutes and that's exactly how it should be for the vast majority of guest hosts.

Overall, I thought Raw was pretty decent, though it could have been much better than it was. Some new faces on Raw got screen time and looked good overall and the ball has gotten rolling for them.

I loved yesterday's episode. Favorite part was the Sheamus part. Bringing Sheamus into the Batista/Cena storyline was a good move by the WWE. Sheamus's character is this ruthless roguish heel who stops at nothing until he brutally destroys his opponent or opponents. Having him destroy fan favorite and cerebrial assassin HHH and now set his sights on the Animal and Super Cena is just going to make things interesting. What's cool is that Batista's character is also a roguish heel but not as brutal or relentless as Sheamus, so having him have to deal with someone possibly worse than him will make for an interesting tale. Cena is just going to be the typical face trying to survive this mayhem.

If WWE is smart they will go full steam ahead with this storyline and book a Cena/Batista/Sheamus Triple Threat Match at Over The Limit. To solidify it, they need to have Sheamus beat Batista up with his infamous pipe next Monday on RAW.

If they go ahead with his and do things right, they will have money once again for the next pay per view.

As for the rest of RAW, I loved the Morrison/Dibiase match and I hope to see rivalry between these two. I really love that Morrison is getting a push he is imo the future HBK.

I think that last episode was pretty good, the guest host wasn't that bad, Brady had a very good segment with Edge, and it was cool when Orton hit Brady with the RKO, poor guy.
The last segment was my favorite part, how Edge explained all his plan and how it failed, how Orton just look to him for minutes, and how Orton counter the spear was good.

This weeks Smackdown was pretty decent if you ask me, I liked the way it was handled between Matt Hardy and Drew McIntyre and I will be excited to see how next week will be handling the "firing" of Drew McIntyre.

The Intercontinental championship tournament is a great thing if you ask me, it could certainly have been handled a little bit better although, make the tournament brackets a little bit bigger, including some of the guys lost in the shuffle (Shad Gaspard, Kane, Chavo Guerrero (as a filler) MVP and Luke Gallows perhaps) simply to make a bigger feeling of the whole tournament, as opposed to something that's gonna be finished by next week, rather than dragging it through the weeks, and clashing the finals at Over the Limit.

As I said in the Official Big Show vs Jack Swagger Over the Limit match thread, I think the whole feud has been too one sided right now, and I don't really like that, but in the end, it's decent, but could definitely be handled better.

Onto the matches: Jack Swagger vs Kane was decent, a bad ending if you ask me, and could've made Jack look even stronger if he had gotten to powerbomb Kane.

I think Cody Rhodes vs Christian was definitely the match of the night, even match of the week I might go as far as to say, and I think it's gonna be very nice seeing Christian going up against Kofi Kingston next week.

Kofi vs Dolph Ziggler was decent, nothing out of the ordinary although, and I have to admit I think Dolph Ziggler could've perhaps used the win a little more than Kofi, especially cause we now have Kofi vs Christian, which while it's gonna be a decent showing, I consider it to be perhaps a little anti-climaxing to the whole "Face vs Face".

Overall good show. B

Great show with two awesome matches in Kofi/Ziggler and Cody/Christian. The Christian/Cody match was definitely the match of the week (hell the month). My jaw dropped when Cody did the moonsault because I didn't know he could do it (did Shawn give him some pointers before leaving?). And next week Christian/Kofi which will also be good. I'm hoping Kofi wins because well he's been busting his butt for a while putting awesome matches and hasn't yet held a belt. So he really deserves it.

I'm just so happy Mcintyre is out and no longer IC champion. The dude has as much talent as Cena which is zero. Imo Ziggler is more talented than Mcintyre and even a more convincing heel. Mcintyre is just annoying. Period.

As for the Swagger/Kane match....can somebody give Kane back his bada** mask? The guy has been horrible ever since the mask left.

Overall, terrific show.

I had given up on wrestling around November last year, but stuck with the WWE until WrestleMania out of loyalty. I was then planning to stop my interest, but they've managed to hook me once more, none more so than this week's Raw.

Not only is this now a super show with nearly all the talent there, the programme itself has improved tenfold.

The title scene is brilliant. We have John Cena as the champion, with Sheamus - who is having a hell of a run lately - and Batista arguing over who gets to face Cena. Both are acting brilliant lately, and their performances on Monday were superb.

We also have Miz and Jericho seemingly teaming together. This is perfect. I look forward to their promos every week, and combined promos should be excellent. I want to see where this is going, well done Vince.

The Edge/Orton feud should be a stormer. The only problem I have with it is this could be a WrestleMania feud, and wasting it on Over the Limit seems odd. After these two have feuded, there is nothing new or fresh for Edge, unless he feuds with Morrison.

Which brings me to my next point - John Morrison. I thought his career was going to stall being moved into the midcard of a stacked show, but creative gave him a little bit of mic time and an actual feud to work into. I expect big things from Morrison, Truth and Dibiase in this feud and having this as a filler between the main feuds shows how much talent the show has.

Even the backstage segments with the Guest Host are furthering storylines now, with Maryse attacking Eve. Simple things like that after the corny humour keep the show ticking over nicely and gives a reason to stay tuned in.

For now, Raw is going to be brilliant. However, I do fear they may run out of fresh angles by the late Summer. Until then, the WWE have got me back on track and enjoying wrestling once more.

I had given up on wrestling around November last year, but stuck with the WWE until WrestleMania out of loyalty. I was then planning to stop my interest, but they've managed to hook me once more, none more so than this week's Raw.

Not only is this now a super show with nearly all the talent there, the programme itself has improved tenfold.

The title scene is brilliant. We have John Cena as the champion, with Sheamus - who is having a hell of a run lately - and Batista arguing over who gets to face Cena. Both are acting brilliant lately, and their performances on Monday were superb.

We also have Miz and Jericho seemingly teaming together. This is perfect. I look forward to their promos every week, and combined promos should be excellent. I want to see where this is going, well done Vince.

The Edge/Orton feud should be a stormer. The only problem I have with it is this could be a WrestleMania feud, and wasting it on Over the Limit seems odd. After these two have feuded, there is nothing new or fresh for Edge, unless he feuds with Morrison.

Which brings me to my next point - John Morrison. I thought his career was going to stall being moved into the midcard of a stacked show, but creative gave him a little bit of mic time and an actual feud to work into. I expect big things from Morrison, Truth and Dibiase in this feud and having this as a filler between the main feuds shows how much talent the show has.

Even the backstage segments with the Guest Host are furthering storylines now, with Maryse attacking Eve. Simple things like that after the corny humour keep the show ticking over nicely and gives a reason to stay tuned in.

For now, Raw is going to be brilliant. However, I do fear they may run out of fresh angles by the late Summer. Until then, the WWE have got me back on track and enjoying wrestling once more.

I agree -- Raw was good and things are looking up. As for the Edge/Orton feud, it'll probably last for a while, before they part ways for the time being. Since Edge won the Rumble, they need to put the belt around him at some point. So maybe Edge/Orton could be revisited @ Wrestlemania next year, with the WWE title on the line, perhaps in a Hell In A Cell match.

The WWE title picture is looking more interesting than it has in a while. Cena, Batista and Sheamus are currently in the title picture right now, but the likes of Orton, Edge, Miz, Jericho and Morrison could be thrown in there at a moment's notice.

Batista has become interesting too. I hated him as a face, but he's become a great heel. I hope he doesn't leave WWE anytime soon, because he's doing a great job and has basically carried the feud between Cena and himself.

This raw was really really good.

I think WWE finally realized that the guesthost thing has to end.

The Edge/Orton feud is going to be major, and with Edge's sudden heel turn I think it was a smart decision to let Vickie Guerrero come back to him for some cheap heat. EXCUSE ME!

The title feud is good aswell, even though we all know Batista will quit at Over The Limit, and then we'll see a Sheamus/Cena feud. But still everything is not set in stone like a couple of months ago, and there's room for change, which is something RAW has really missed in a long time.

Everyone on the RAW-roster is getting airtime, except for the injured ofcourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back