Official ECW One Night Stand [AFTERMATH THREAD]

• Thread starter new "FN" jack
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why people were chanting SAME OLD SHIT at Cena... but what makes the Sandman or anyone else original? Also, the Eugene thing.. there better be a point to him coming out.

ECW is awesome to begin. And Vince bringing it back was even more awesome but shows why he is who he is. One may not like some things he does but he is a pure genius.

But I do have to say that not only did Cena hand RVD his butt, but he continuously shut the fans up. Only problem is they were too stupid to figure it out. And for them to be proud of winning that belt when RVD got his butt kicked all over the place, is just a plain joke. I am sure there is more to come with this as a setup. RVD vs Edge at Vengeance. Just another way for Vince to break up the monotony. That spear with the helmet on Cena was weak.

And before anyone hammers me, I was not even a Cena fan until tonight. And I was an RVD fan.

Hardcore match with Funk was insane. That made the whole show worth every penny.

Speaking of the whole Edge spear Cena shit......

the hell was the point in him dressed like that? I thought he went to ECW....which wouldve totally worked for the storyline they got goin on *note sarcasm*

but overall confusing.

"Cena handing RVD his ass..." more like RVD knew he wasnt gonna FULLY win the title clean. Why bother performing when hes not the real him.

How'd i know he wasnt really gonna win? NO FONZIE. Rvd isnt RVD without Fonzie.

I'm hoping Sandman killed the Eugene gimmick by "beating some sense into him." The gimmick isn't just old and tired, it's also in poor taste.

deadman316 said:
Before you start sucking each other dicks about how great it was....

face facts....

This is OBVIOUSLY NOT ecw....it was some hyped up goof ball of an excuse to get the old ecw fans involved.

Heres why-

-ECW was never editted in a PPV. NEVER. Last years ONS was not editted. This year....we got bleeps and all that shit. W*** *** FUCK?!

-What is up with the medical team huh? We got guys in black suits checkin up on wrestlers every time they do a spot. Hey if they want to save them from injury for the weekly shows....dont sell this bullshit that you're going to be extreme.

-Rey/sabu match. What kind of a fucking ending is that? Sabu wanted to keep going! I hear some bitch from WWE...

"STOP THE MATCH! THATS IT! NO MORE!"

uh no. Is this wwe or is this ecw? Cauuuusee last time i check, you get injured, you continue the fucking match like a man. If you can still walk rey, your wet***k ass can still wrestle.

jbl spot. Yeah ok....sell your show else where.
eugene spot. read above.

the only thing worth a damn is seeing tajiri back. THATS ABOUT IT.

RVD this, RVD that...look im the biggest RVD mark out there...but without Fonzie... ITS STILL THE WWE RVD....
who dares disagree with me on that??? I thought they couldnt get fonzie because of contractual shit.....BUT HE WAS FUCKING THERE!! why the fuck didnt heyman let fonzie manage sabu or RVD?!?

As far as your dreamer/funk match....that was a waste of time.
I give ECW ONS2 a C-...

its definetly a new ecw.....and im starting to get disappointed.

This is definately NOT the OLD ECW....And was NEVER INTENDED TO BE (See Paul Heyman's Interview on other sites)! Remember, WWE (ala Vincent Kennedy McMahon, Jr.) has owned ECW for years....including funding the "original" ECW payroll once Heyman failed years ago. The medical staff is there because Rey Mysterio is a very heavily relied upon COMMODITY in WWE (He is the World Heavyweight Champion after all and people have heavy repect for him)....Not to mention that Sabu is one of the most heavily injured wrestlers on the ECW rouster (see his time with TNA for more information on his injuries), so both men need to survive to fight another day. As for RVD (Real Venerial Desease), sure he is a very acrobatic wrestler, but he has never been Championship Material in the WWE (nor in my opinion in ECW either old or new). Again, about the editing, ECW needs to clean up it's image because it is debuting on Sci-Fi channel, add this to the fact that WWE has already been warned about gratuitous amounts of swearing by the FCC (this will affect any program....think back to Bischoff's final days as Raw GM....Heavily Edited for content (take for example that the "suck" in the "You Suck" chants that Angle recieves as he goes to the ring were almost always bleeped out then). The JBL spot, I agree, was totally uncalled for. As was the Eugene spot. (Both spots were obviously last minute filler for obvious reason.) Don't take Tajiri being back for ONS as a permanent thing, passport issues and the fact that he wanted to spend more time with his family is what got him released from WWE in the first place, so I do not look for Tajiri to be a permanent fixture in the new ECW.
As I have stated on two other posts on this site, DO NOT LOOK FOR ECW TO LAST MORE THAN IT'S SUMMER SCHEDUEL. Take this for what you will, but with Vince OWNING ECW, I see this ressurrection as little more than a serious tax write-off for Vince and Titan Entertainment (WWE). Think people, if it were going to be a permanent thing would Vince have not given ECW back the rights to thier ORIGINAL TITLE BELTS and NOT HAVE HAD CENA DROP THE WWE TITLE TO RVD :robvandam: (Real Venerial Desease) :robvandam: at ONS, garunteeing that Cena either gets a rematch for the title before Vengeance (which already advertises Edge VS. Cena for the Title) or RVD (Real Venerial Desease) being stripped of the title on Raw to discredit Heyman and the whole ECW Ressurrection angle.

As Mankind Used To Say.....HAVE A NICE DAY:) :wwf:

"ECW needs to clean up it's image because it is debuting on Sci-Fi channel"
--Technically, no they don't have to. Sci-Fi is a cable channel and can show ANYTHING that they like. Cable channels choose to keep their content within a certain level of standards for the sake of keeping their sponsors who purchase commercial time. For example, IFC is a basic cable channel, but because they rely on different funding and not commercials, they show their movies entirely uncut with nudity and profanity.

Anyway, I was already pissed off that Edge, Randy Orton, and especially John Cena were even part of this PPV. Orton and Cena specifically are terrible in every reguard and don't deserve to be in any ring. I hadn't watched any WWE product in a couple of years aside from last years ONS, and upon watching some of the product this week to lead up to the PPV, I was reminded why.

In reguards to the main event, having Edge be the one who interfered made NO sense because of what had just occurred earlier in the night. Not putting RVD over clean is a disgrace. John Cena hardly did anything but punch, and when he did do something else it looked like slop. It's amazing to think that this guy is good friends with Somoa Joe, who's probably the most consistently good wrestler around(mind you, I haven't seen much of his TNA stuff.)

Good point deadman316. Edge going to ECW or not?...but left as confusing was bad writing for a 40 dollar PPV.

But RVD and the whole gang mentality starting with the contract signing took away from the whole RVD character. RVD does not stand alone now. I am wondering who the writers are for his character right now. Is it WWE folks or is Heyman involved?

Did not even address Taz choking out Lawler. That would have been much tougher and a better showing for Taz if it was clean and in Lawlers face. Having Styles go down and distract Lawler almost left a rematch open for the making? Maybe so, maybe not. I would have preferred to see Taz suplex the crap out of Lawler and then choke him out with Styles where he belongs, behind the mike.

I don't like the rapper white guy angle but Cena has continued to grow and I don't see how people don't get that. He can STFU you, he can FU you. He can, can't see me you...but really the one thing Cena (or the writers) forgot was the chain gang...or should I say the chain he used to carry. He really should have walked into that Ballroom with is old trusty chain that he has since abandoned. ECW rules would have allowed him to use it....I still thing good things will come so I hope everyone is not giving up on the idea and where it was headed. The regular show ECW vs WWE was a really good show. This PPV would have been better minuse Eugene, JBL, and some unfortunate accidents. But with this extreme mentality, you have to expect injuries. Rey and Sabu....they were putting it all on the line and they paid the price. And Funk, was his eye really hurt. He sure sold me. But he is a master at his craft. He sure does take a beating for the fans though and you have to respect that.

I see good things to come as long as the WWE writers let the Heyman get some of his old control back.

thing is....rumor has it Heyman IS at the head of this...which causes more confusion and worry.

I cant emphisize this enough...Sabu DID NOT purposely injure himself....REY did.
Rey botched up the spot, not once....BUT TWICE. and HE paid for it.

IrishFCF said:
"ECW needs to clean up it's image because it is debuting on Sci-Fi channel"
--Technically, no they don't have to. Sci-Fi is a cable channel and can show ANYTHING that they like.
Technically, yes. The FCC heavily regulates basic Cable Channels, as well as the advertisers. Spike TV, USA (which by the way owns Sci-Fi), and just about all other regular cable networks (unlike subscription only channels such as HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime (and thier affilliates)) are heavily watched over for both gratuitous violence (hence movies being shown on these channels are often edited for content and language) and language concerns by both the advertisers and the FCC. These channels are regulated by nielson ratings systems, the government (FCC), and advertisers (something the WWE has had problems keeping in the past because of it's gratuitous violence and language in the "Attitude Era", take for example the parental groups that went haywire and had major advertisers pull thier advertising from the WWE for language and violence concerns). So, yes ECW (or WWeCw), must clean up it's act in order to survive. No matter, my thinkning is that ECW will only be around for the summer and no longer.

darkmagician1974 said:
These channels are regulated by nielson ratings systems, the government (FCC), and advertisers (something the WWE has had problems keeping in the past because of it's gratuitous violence and language in the "Attitude Era", take for example the parental groups that went haywire and had major advertisers pull thier advertising from the WWE for language and violence concerns). So, yes ECW (or WWeCw), must clean up it's act in order to survive.

You can repeat that all you want, but it's still bullshit. The FCC does not have any power over cable outlets. I even made a point of checking FCC.gov and Wikipedia.com. So try and speak out of your mouth instead of your ass.

This is my first time in the forum, and this is the perfect time to start. I am an ECW mark, despite having only been able to watch their PPVS where I live(Arizona). Is this going to be the same as it was back in their heyday? Probably not. Right now, the main concern is that Heyman can make it better than Raw or Smackdown right now, and that might be good enough. This PPV itself, had a good match(Funk/Dreamer/Beulah vs. Foley/Edge/Lita), a great match(Cena vs. RVD), and an oh s**t match(Rey vs. Sabu). From what I saw tonight, even with the filler matches(I won't include the announcer match & the garbage cameos), I will be doing something I don't normally do, watching the Sci-Fi channel.

wtf was that garbage that Sandman came out too, i wanted to vomit. Vince you cheap ass bastard, just buy the rights please. ECW could do it when they were dirt poor. If u dont wanna buy the song, at least make a good theme for him. Damn it

other than that, what a show!

After seiing Tanaka last year and watching old FMW footage im realy disapointed about is match with balls mahoney Masato Tanaka can give and take soo much more It took 3 awsome bombs ( 2 trew a table ) to take im out last year common that was the match i wanted to see because im a big fan of Tanaka

to be fair....about the sandman comment....

He came out to Enter sandman last year...so. Its not a legal issue..they just didnt want to give it to him for some FUCKING ASSRAPING REASON....

Amon said:
The Rey vs. Sabu match, if they were not actually injured, should have continued. That match was insane.

The fans throwing Cena's shirt back to him over and over was absolutely hilarious. The "same old shit" chant was great. RVD winning was awesome too.

Balls vs. Tanaka was a great little filler match.

Edge and Foley vs. Funk and Dreamer was insane.

Last year's edition was better for the nostalgia value, this year's was better for the entertainment value. I'm not dissappointed at all.

In real ECW sabu riped open his hamstring and kept wrestling for half an hour.

I loved the payperview. i believe the cena/rvd match went a little too long. the randy"i need two more doctors" orton vs kurt "ECW ECW ECW" angle was a very good match. the balls mahoney chair shot was BRUTAL!!.:shit: the sabu/rey match was pretty off the hook.:robvandam: :sabu2: :2up:

they only broke a small bit of table ):

and to be fair the event wasnt very hardcore.

It was great having Tajiri in an ECW ring again. But Sandman should be given his Metallica theme song back, or at least the Motorhead version that was later recorded. Let's hope Sabu doesn't return too quickly if he is legitimately injured.

I doubt Sabu is seriously Injuried if he was there would atleast have been an injury report out by now.

I rekon WWeCW didnt know how to end it so they "faked" injurys.

kingofclay said:
It was great having Tajiri in an ECW ring again. But Sandman should be given his Metallica theme song back, or at least the Motorhead version that was later recorded. Let's hope Sabu doesn't return too quickly if he is legitimately injured.

Even if they used the Motorhead version of Enter Sandman, Metallica would still have to be paid. It doesn't matter if it's a cover, the original artist holds the copyright.

Firstly i thought the PPV was entertaining, but it would have been nice to see more nostalgia, like the bWo and more old timers such as Lance Storm, Justin Credible and Mikey Whipwreck.

Secondly, i can understand why a lot of people would be pissed off if they had paid for an ECW event, when it was just like a hardcore WWE event, not extreme enough. Unfortunately i can't get on the same band-wagon because here in England we dont pay, its shown on Regular TV.

It's great to see Cena finally lose the title, but Joey Styles mentioned RVD possibly defending the title at Vengeance against Edge? i hope not, WWE should sort out a title for RAW with a huge Battle Royal or something, leave ECW and let Paul Heyman prove that he really is the "Rabbi of the revolution!"

Overall i would give it 4/10 for nostalgia and 8/10 for entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back