[Official] Dragon Ball Z Thread

Any question can spark a discussion if people are will to provide substance in their response, I failed to include why it was your favorite game..my bad, oh well. I'll admit though that wasn't my motive but I just was curious.

Okay, to answer your question its probably because Piccolo had been training the past 3 years and in all cases was stronger. Gero had not taken into account that the Z fighters had been warned of their arrival and had been preparing for it. So I would assume Gero just couldn't match his power even despite absorbing all that energy. If they had not been warned Its safe to assume(if Gero had appeared as an android along with 19) that he would probably be stronger. I don't know, that's my theory.

I can agree with Stinger as well that Gero was part human and was a scientist and not a fighter to begin with and therefore lack the skill needed? I dunno lol. Again, just my theory.

But Gero had absorbed almost all of Yamacha's energy, a big blast from Vegeta, and almost all of Piccolo's energy as well. That should have been enough to make him stronger than Piccolo.

I'll agree that he may not have had the fighting skills, however, he should have been faster and stronger and he just wasn't.

Regarding the Buu saga, I don't think it was "complex" as much as it was, completely rushed, story-wise. From what I understand, Toriyama was pressured to make pretty much everything after the Frieza saga, which is why huge story points start to get fudged (one super saiyan every generation, suddenly everybody's a super saiyan, Frieza being the single strongest entity in the universe, Dr. Gero being able to create beings far more powerful than anything ever imagined on Earth, etc, etc).

Alright! I'll provide another question for us to discuss.

Let's go back to DBZ Movie #10: Broly: Second Coming. When Gohan fought Broly in this movie, he fought evenly with Broly while Broly was a Super Saiyan and Gohan was not. When Gohan finally did turn into a Super Saiyan, it seemed as though Broly could feel his power and was frightened into turning into the Legendary Super Saiyan.

So my question is: Had Gohan's powers really increased so much that he could go head to head with a Super Saiyan without transforming? Also, shouldn't he have been more of a match for Legendary Super Saiyan Broly then what he appeared to be?

Broly was a beast, a monster, an animal. Broly was stronger than all of the Z fighters, they couldn't so much as put a scratch on Broly. Now since Goku managed to reopen the wound Broly received had the hands of King Vegeta has an infant, its clear since Broly suffered a near death experience that his power would grow. Since he was pretty much indestructible the first time around, he was most likely in all cases stronger during his second coming. Some would argue he was even stronger than Cell or Gohan at S.S2.

Gohan was much weaker as a super saiyan after those 7 years of peace because he pretty much abandoned his trainer in order to focus on schooling, Vegeta even stated this to. I don't think it was so much out of fear but more out of intimidation. Broly probably saw Gohan's transformation as a challenge and therefore answered the challenge by transforming into the legendary Super Saiyan as a way of saying..You think that's power!!?? Compared to Broly even after 7 years after their encounter, Gohan was no match for the very reasons I stated. Even as a Super Saiyan 2 I would bet Gohan would have quickly been over-powered.

The problem I have with that movie was...the whole time I was thinking....where in the blue hell was Vegeta? Surely he would of sensed Broly's presence and come to aid his son and the others. Yet for some reason he was left out.

I know that Gohan was weaker at that point then what he was as a child, however, that doesn't change the fact that Gohan did fight evenly with Super Saiyan Broly while he was in his normal state.

What about that?

Maybe because Broly allowed it? He was possibly testing him or maybe the gap between Super Saiyan Broly and Legendary Super Saiyan Broly was just enormous? I would guess Gohans transformation did manage to increase his strength, just not on the level as Broly's transformation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back