*OFFICIAL* CM Punk/John Cena Thread - Keep It All In Here!

Which do you find more entertaining?

• Punk and the text mystery

• Cena and the title chase

Results are only viewable after voting.
As much as I really love the whole feud currently.. and by far.. the best storyline WWE has to offer in recent years..

I'm more concern if after the feud.. that CM Punk will continue to be pushed as he is now than just stuck back to mid card..

Cena and CM punk can't last forever..

As much as I really love the whole feud currently.. and by far.. the best storyline WWE has to offer in recent years..

I'm more concern if after the feud.. that CM Punk will continue to be pushed as he is now than just stuck back to mid card..

Cena and CM punk can't last forever..
People keep saying "what will WWE do with Punk" and shit like that. Bottom line is if Punk stays over and keeps generating interest, they'll keep him in the main event. WWE won't say no to money. If Punk is back in the midcard in 2012, it's because he didn't stay as over. They'll keep pushing a money maker.

I've decided that - and tell me if I'm being a pants-on-head, poo-eating nutcase when I say this - that Jim Ross should be more supportive of Punk. Jerry Lawler can't do it, he's too busy selling Punk as a heel. If Michael Cole continues cheering him on, well, that won't work for obvious reasons. You want to get Punk over? Get JR to support him. Bah gawd.

I'm wondering if somehow The Rock will be tied into this CM Punk-John Cena feud? I'd love to hear The Rock cut a promo about both Punk and John Cena. I think WWE will draw out this feud as long as they possibly can, maybe even through the Rumble. If that's the case, they have to involve The Rock.

All for the past few weeks they've been asking "Who is the rightful champion?" well let's ask ourselves....whom beat who at Money In the Bank? CM Punk pinned John Cena for the WWE Championship. Sure he did leave, but he never did get pinned for the title. John Cena beat Rey for the title, not CM Punk. And since Punk is now back in the Company, he's the champion and John Cena should be number one contender. But it's alright, Champion vs Champion sounds cool on paper xD. I like them both, but i hope CM Punk wins, simply because i wanna see what they would do with him if he were to reign a little longer.

If Punk doesn't win - isn't this whole storyline a bit pointless. I'm not suggesting he'll go over clean - in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see The Rock costing John Cena the match. It's a big enough event for him to appear at.

About bringing in punk too soon...

I think it sucks that both audiences lack the attention span and/or wwe has no belief that wwe thinks audiences have no span. Either way, Punk coming back this soon and the "LOVELY," NEVER INTERRUPTED, ALWAYS MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES LONG promos that always happen to ...
a; involve hhh and b; make him look more in control or mature than whoever he interacts with.

It's like I am back in 2003. Isn't it funny....he stays away until we all really ... really ... really want to watch. Of course it is all about the game.

I've decided that - and tell me if I'm being a pants-on-head, poo-eating nutcase when I say this - that Jim Ross should be more supportive of Punk. Jerry Lawler can't do it, he's too busy selling Punk as a heel. If Michael Cole continues cheering him on, well, that won't work for obvious reasons. You want to get Punk over? Get JR to support him. Bah gawd.

Dear Sam.
You are a pants-on-head, poo-eating nutcase.

Yours sincerely,
Me.

I actually think with Punk being anti-WWE, he shouldnt have ANYONE supporting him. You know, because he's going against the company...and Ross shouldnt exactly support someone when HHH brought him back and Punk is sounding off against HHH...just saying. So yeah Punk shouldnt have supporters in this.

Hoping Punk goes over but I don't see it :(

All for the past few weeks they've been asking "Who is the rightful champion?" well let's ask ourselves....whom beat who at Money In the Bank? CM Punk pinned John Cena for the WWE Championship. Sure he did leave, but he never did get pinned for the title.

Let's say you're the Vice President of Sales for the company that employs you.....and you choose to quit. The company then appoints another VP of Sales. If you change your mind and come back to the company, the new guy is still the VP of Sales.....not you. The fact is, you gave up your right to that position when you quit.

Same applies here. It doesn't matter whether anyone beat Punk for the title. When he terminated his employment, he gave up the title. Some folks seem to be confused because he still has the belt....... but the belt is just a piece of hardware; he can take that with him when he quits, but he can't take the title of champion. If he could, then RAW could never have another heavyweight champion.

John Cena won the tournament designed to crown the new titleholder.

He's the champion.

Just to throw in my two cents (or pence in us English) here....

We all know Cena wants to make the rock match at wm28 a championship match, so surely we need that big chase to get the belt before mania right?

Therefore I think this feud is the perfect way to distract him from being in title matches for now. Summerslam let either win but also let Del Rio cash in and win it. Then keep punk and cena feuding, or let cena lose out on the number 1 contender's spot to punk, and pushing cena away into another feud.

This means that by the time rock reappears (SS apparently) then we can start to see fresh charge for the belt from Cena in a race against time!

courtesy of John Cena.

I couldnt find my original post on this but I remember mentioning in a previous post about how Vince was catering to the IWC and I caught hell for it. For awhile now WWE has been mentioning different things refering to the IWC, although never acknowledging it directly.

Everything in the past few weeks since Punks "return" if you can call it that has been geared directly to the IWC in a matter of sense. The biggest thing yet in my opinion was the contract signing, when Cena calling all the nay-sayers, saying "he was a product of the system", "to PG for us", and my personal favorite "I can increase my workrate or add to the 5 moves of doom, and let my heel persona shine through" All of this was said during the contract signing and he said it with a little bit of an attitude, as if hes sick of hearing it all.

I cannot say a bad thing about the man, most of you will agree he works his ass off, and personally i think he deserves to be where hes at. With him being so big he doesnt have to be in the title picture, just look at last year.

For those of you blind and still dont believe Vince is catering to the IWC to any extent, open your eyes and think about it. It is the "Realitly Era", and how better to adjust to that than use the IWC, Facebook, Twitter, and everything else to break into this new era of wrestling.

The casual wrestling fan will follow on Facebook and twitter, but most of the fans who are in the IWC are heavy on the critisism on everything that they do, so what better way to get at them than to call out every major complaint the IWC has on Cena on live TV.

i luv cm punk cuz he be speakin da troof abut cena tat nooteher wrestler has. da fued has been etertinertaining cuz punk has been great on da mic whilst cena has been his usual stale self. i hope they ave god plans to go wit dis cause i think da angle has a lot more stream left and da reality based stuff is rely fun as a fan to watch. cm punk has becum one of teh top stars now.

Fan of Wrestling, that is hilarious sarcasm, I love it.

I love everything about this feud. I don't think Vince is "catering to the IWC". I think the show is acknowledging that they're a loud and important part, but it isn't catering to them. If anything, it's catering to more fans. I LOVED that Cena called everyone out on their usual bullshit.

Funny thing is, Punk kind of looked like a whiney bitch. HHH and Cena would call Punk out for being every bit as much a phoney as he thinks Cena is (I don't think either one is) and Punk would change the subject and point fingers the other way.

The awesome thing is, that's how me and my girlfriend saw it. Punk sounds like those hot topic kids who make fun of people for "following the trends" and listening to mainstream music then follow their own trends of basically doing everything counter-culture, it's still trend following. That said, I'm sure other people related more to Punk, some were probably just excited to see Rock. It's fun.

Do you think CM Punk would be in the spot light now, if Orton wasnt on Smackdown? Dont get me wrong im loving this storyline, and it will be a great out come, (I hope CM Punk wins and they change the title) but my problem is... would Punk even be were he is now if Edge didnt retire, Orton move to smackdown to replace him, and then CM Punk rise up and take Ortons spot. If you see where im going with this.

Im also loving the promos these two (Cena/Punk) been throwing around, from Punk going to thing from behind the scene(The releases of koslov,masters, etc.) to Cena talking about the fans hating him and wanting him to turn heel and such. hopefully there match tonight at summerslam will be epic.

Do you think CM Punk would be in the spot light now, if Orton wasnt on Smackdown? Dont get me wrong im loving this storyline, and it will be a great out come, (I hope CM Punk wins and they change the title) but my problem is... would Punk even be were he is now if Edge didnt retire, Orton move to smackdown to replace him, and then CM Punk rise up and take Ortons spot. If you see where im going with this.

Im also loving the promos these two (Cena/Punk) been throwing around, from Punk going to thing from behind the scene(The releases of koslov,masters, etc.) to Cena talking about the fans hating him and wanting him to turn heel and such. hopefully there match tonight at summerslam will be epic.
I think he would. Orton and Cena need to be on seperate shows because they serve the same purpose. Classic babyface. Punk isn't a classic babyface, he's a classic self-righteous underground Jesus.

No one else could do Punk's job and cater to the segment that Punk caters to as well as Punk just like no one can do the same thing as Cena with the segment he caters to. It's the beauty of it.

Imagine two puzzle pieces. As a whole, they make up the WWE audience. One side loves the underground/indy shit and hates anything mainstream. the other side loves the good guy, loves the winner. With Punk and Cena, you have both pieces.

I originally planned to make a thread title "Punk > WWE Title?" but then I saw some comments that made me alter the theme of this thread. On the RAW results article and other articles, people have commented and claimed that last night's RAW proved that everything is "back to status quo" with Cena in the title hunt and Punk in a meaningless feud. IMO, I think this 'meaningless feud' is the most exciting and entertaining storyline the WWE has had in years.

I died from laughter during Punk's promo with Nash and HHH last night, just as I did from his "sister's text" the week before. I didn't give a damn about the opening segment until I heard the static and Punk came out. I honestly think no one is hotter than Punk right now and his crowd reaction proves it. Nash also gets loud pops and I think it's great to see him in the WWE after 7 years of floating around in TNA and indies. Nash is undoubtedly a legend in this business and it's great to see him and Triple H making history with CM Punk IMO while Cena and Del Rio feud for the meaningless WWE Title. Yes, meaningless WWE Title. It gets tossed around from random guy to random guy and when Punk took it home they didn't even care they just made a new one because they're so inexpensive and unimportant. Cena is the one involved in the meaningless feud if you ask me, and Punk is taking the wrestling world by storm. Punk is the catalyst of the best storyline in wrestling and that's what wrestling is all about - telling stories.

Explain your choice in the poll, why do you think your choice is more entertaining than the other man?

If you were a wrestler, would you rather be in Punk's position or Cena's?

Is Punk above the WWE Title?

Punk hands down.

The problem with John Cena is the fact that he IS the WWE Title now. The WWE Title is completely meaningless unless John Cena is holding it. Is this John Cenas fault? No. It's the fault of the WWE who have sold this character as "The Champ" in the last several years. They took the "Dr of Thuganomics" and turned him into the poster-child for why the WWE Writers need to all be fired and replaced with people who understand what creative writing really is.

Look at The Rock, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, etc. They never 'needed' the Title to be a selling product in the WWE. Cena does though, because that is the character that they have given to him for far too long now. Cena would have to get knocked out and take a LONG vacation to ever be able to recover from this type of character.

As far as Punk goes, he's 'fresh' for the WWE in terms of needing something or someone to spice things up. Letting him 'speak freely' on certain personal issues and insult people in a 'real world' sense is something that hasn't been done in a long time. I don't think ever to this extent actually. Maybe a little bit during the Monday Night Wars, but never just one guy who can attack anyone and everyone's dirty laundry without reprecussions. Why can Punk do it? Because there's not much they have to throw back against him. Living his "straight edge" lifestyle, WWE has a character that can be believable and has the ammunition to go after anyone and everyone without much back on him.

I'd much rather be CM Punk than Cena at the end of the day. At least when CM Punk reverts back to "actor" mode instead of "real" mode, he'll be able to be himself and hold a title or not hold a title. However as I mentioned, unless Cena goes away for awhile and people 'forget' about him, then he can't go on longer than a couple of months without the Title and he will ALWAYS be in the hunt for it.

Who do I prefer? CM Punk. I hate to play up to the IWC stereotype, but I prefer the way he talks, the way he wrestles, even the way he tweets. All of it appeals to me. Don't get me wrong, Cena is great. But I prefer Punk.

If I was a wrestler, I would rather be in Punk's position right now. When it comes to my career, I'd rather be in Cena's position obviously. Cena is one of the most successful wrestlers in history, in and out of kayfabe. He is currently the most mainstream wrestler in the world and probably has the bank balance to match it. However, Punk is in a more exciting position. Hypothetically, this storyline could lead him to superstardom. I'm talking "all time great" level here. If he pulls an entertaining and successful anti-authority angle out of the bag like Stone Cold, he could move on to new heights.

As for your final question, no one in the company at the moment is above the WWE title. Some angles may take precedence over a WWE Championship angle (the Nexus this time last year, for example). Sure, someone like The Rock is, but that's about it. Punk isn't and this angle won't be above the WWE title.

I think CM Punk and his current Kevin Nash/HHH angle is far more entertaining than Cena in another generic feud with Del Rio. Cena and Del Rio are having just another title feud with no interesting storyline behind it. While Punk's feud with Nash and Triple H makes you wonder who sent that text and where this is all going. CM Punk is more entertaining in my opinion.

If I was a wrestler who's position I'd want to be in? CM Punk's position. Simply because his current role would be so much fun to play plus he gets to work with HHH and Kevin Nash two of the biggest names in WWE history.

Is Punk above the WWE title? Yes. He doesn't need it to make his character more interesting. Plus he's got all the talent in the world. I think Punk's even above Cena and Orton but of course the WWE wouldn't want to admit it because they're both considered the WWE's "golden boys". I think Punk is gonna be one of the faces of the company when he makes a full face turn. Though I somewhat see him as a tweener for the rest of his career.

I think CM Punk and his current Kevin Nash/HHH angle is far more entertaining than Cena in another generic feud with Del Rio. Cena and Del Rio are having just another title feud with no interesting storyline behind it. While Punk's feud with Nash and Triple H makes you wonder who sent that text and where this is all going. CM Punk is more entertaining in my opinion.

If I was a wrestler who's position I'd want to be in? CM Punk's position. Simply because his current role would be so much fun to play plus he gets to work with HHH and Kevin Nash two of the biggest names in WWE history.

Is Punk above the WWE title? Yes. He doesn't need it to make his character more interesting. Plus he's got all the talent in the world. I think Punk's even above Cena and Orton but of course the WWE wouldn't want to admit it because they're both considered the WWE's "golden boys". I think Punk is gonna be one of the faces of the company when he makes a full face turn. Though I somewhat see him as a tweener for the rest of his career.

I'm with you on this

Ratings for this weeks Raw came down a fair bit, but what else can you expect when you take the most over guy in the company (CM Punk), and pull him out of the title picture in favour of a Cena/Del Rio feud that won't sell a PPV.

I think he would. Orton and Cena need to be on seperate shows because they serve the same purpose. Classic babyface. Punk isn't a classic babyface, he's a classic self-righteous underground Jesus.

Not a fan then?

Oh, and can we not play the ''anyone who dislikes John Cena is a spotty IWC nerd'' card please, I'm just not a fan of his character that's all. I'm sure he's a lovely guy in real life and all that, but that really is neither here nor there as far as this discussion is concerned.

I like Punk, I don't like Cena, Them's the breaks.

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about this, but when I finally watched RAW on my DVR last night, I truly laughed out loud when that happened. Never really expected to see it happen.

I liked how Cena even laughed about it and Punk snickered. Then Cena had to throw it on the other side. In a way it was disrespectful to Cena, but it caught him off-guard and he had to laugh.

The interesting thing though was that the camera cut away the 2nd time just in case someone threw it back again.

I couldn't help but wonder, could this start a new trend with all of the Cena haters out there? Will Cena's shirt become another version of an away team's home run against the Cubs?

Part of me hopes it becomes a regular occurrence, but I doubt it will. I like the reality of life coming through and Cena & Punk letting their guard down enough to play to the crowd then and at point through the match as a result of the group that threw it back.

Anyone think this would be great to see each week or would it simply just get old? I do think it could cause copycats to try to out-do others and something stupid happening and ruining it for everyone, but I could be wrong.

Thoughts?

ECW One Night Stand 2006, they did it three times. A security guard even caught it one of the times, spat on it and then hurled it back to ringside before John Flanagan just had enough. So Canada can't take credit for being the first or anything.

I don't see it becoming a trend. Cena was in Canada, not only has Canada got a pretty odd wrestling fanbase, consisting of a lot of smarks but they just don't like John Cena. If you ever watch a match of Cena's in Canada he seems to get more heat there than most places and a large part of me believes it stems off his feud with Edge for some strange reason.

I'm sure it could happen again and it may become an occasional thing where the wrong fan will catch the t-shirt, but then you would presume one of two things will happen. One, WWE will tell John to refrain from throwing the t-shirt. Two, John will be told to hand the t-shirt off to either a fan of his sitting front row or hand it to a ringside official and have them decide who to hand it off to.

But I don't see it catching on. It happened before and nothing came of it, in certain towns that'll happen.

I would highly suggest those of you who did not see Cena vs RVD 1NS 06 to do so. No wrestling promotion can captivate an audience from the first bell to the main event. ECW made the fans part of the show. ROH is slowly starting to get these same types of fans but it's just not the same nor ever will it be. The entire angle they ran with the raw and smackdown rosters playing the heels that night was priceless. To answer your question I'd love to see it happen more often but the problem is WWE crowds are dominated by Cena fans. At 1NS i think their was one cena fan and eventually he got the shirt on cena's 4th try. So i might happen from time to time but i dont think it will ever be like it was at 1NS.

Cena should have thrown it to the guys girlfriend the second time. She would have kept it and slept in it. But, I'm betting that guy is without a lady. A key reason that he is filled with hate. I think it was silly and you have to realize that you are not hurting his feelings when you throw his shirt back at him. I bet Punk and Cean went to the back and had a laugh about his weird ass.

I'd lol if the Anti-Cenation went out and bought Cena shirts just to throw them in the ring like streamers from an ROH or Japanese wrestling event. The first time I'd ever seen it done was at ECW ONS in 06 in the Ballroom. I'd love to see Cena haters find new ways to humiliate him other than flipping him off and throwing trash at the guy. The funny thing about my idea is that they'd have to shell out 25 bucks just to do it, but I'm sure it'd be worth it to some of his haters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back