[Official] Booyaka 619 HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
ReyMysterioJr.001.jpg

He is the one, the only, the incomparable Rey Mysterio. The biggest little man, the ultimate underdog, and the master of the 619 are all titles used to describe this fantastic high flyer. Arguably the most successful Mexican luchador to make his way to America, he is one of the greatest light heavyweights of all time. He's an accomplished wrestler in terms of titles, having held the following:

* Mexican National Trios Championship, with Octagón and Super Muñeco
* Mexican National Welterweight Championship
* AAA Hall of Fame
* WCW Cruiserweight Championship (5 times)
* WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship, with Billy Kidman
* WCW World Tag Team Championship (3 times), with Billy Kidman (1), Konnan (1), and Juventud Guerrera (1)
* WWA Lightweight Championship (3 times)
* WWA Tag Team Championship (1 time), with Rey Misterio
* WWA Welterweight Championship (3 times)
* WWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
* World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[6]
* WWE Cruiserweight Championship (3 times)[5]
* WWE Tag Team Championship (4 times) - with Edge (1), Rob Van Dam (1), Eddie Guerrero (1), and Batista (1)
*Royal Rumble Winner (2006)[9]

And has won the following WON awards:

* Best Flying Wrestler (1995-1997, 2002-2004)
* Best Wrestling Maneuver (1995) West Coast Pop
* Match of the Year (2002)
* Most Outstanding Wrestler (1996)
* Rookie of the Year (1992)

But more over, he's simply one of the best wrestlers out there. I'll post videos of some of his best matches, and list out others for your own perusal.

I'll try to highlight the best he's done in each company:

The following are two of his best matches in ECW. One vs his frequent opponent, Psicosis, and another very good match vs Juventud Guerrara.

[Youtube]h9716N7Qusc[/Youtube]
[Youtube]_rpV_pQA5mk [/Youtube]
[Youtube]rT3tBYydOnc [/Youtube]
[Youtube]ZVkk-49e2To [/Youtube]

This is another match vs Psicosis, but from WCW.

[Youtube]EjGzbYuOEUo[/Youtube]
[Youtube]Rz5Sh9irfuU[/Youtube]

And here is Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero, also from WCW>

[Youtube]MUoE-RD1Ygk[/Youtube]
[Youtube]ngxsmf0l6Xk[/Youtube]

And on to WWE with two of his great matches there. I wanted Kurt Angle vs Mysterio from SummerSlam 2002, but I can't find a video. So check this SmackDown encounter out instead.

[Youtube]xJQ8hRwc7i0[/Youtube]

And finally, one of Mysterio's best, one of the best tag team encounters of all time, between four of the best ever.

[Youtube]e2rIOxnVIq8[/Youtube]
[Youtube]p1DFtOkdU4M[/Youtube]
[Youtube]lRzOV6oVvDU[/Youtube]

So there you have it, there's 6 matches from across his career. I hope you watched them all, or know them well, as they represent a fantastic career. Furthermore, there's some strong points to note about Mysterio:

*He's one of the most well known, over, and skilled cruiserweights of all time. Meaning, if he should meet any cruiserweight in this tournament, he stands a huge chance against them. Whether ECW, WCW, or WWE, he's a dominant cruiserweight anywhere he goes.
*He's got a proven track record against big men. He can hold his own with any regularly sized opponent and has a laundry list of victories over them, and has an especially strong record against the real big men - nearly any big man he faces, he comes out with a win over. He's made a career out of beating the big man, out of being the quintessential David in his battle with Goliath, and he could slay any big man he meets.

Nowadays, Mysterio tends to get heat from the IWC for being a kids wrestler, or being silly, or a bad wrestler, or whatever, but his record of matches and his record of wins speaks for itself. Mysterio stands as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, has held success in three of the four regions represented in the tournament, and can defeat a wrestler of any size.

Vote Mysterio.

Very nicely put together. Odd not to see this from mysterio_fan, to be honest. Oh well.

In Rey's favour, he was once the second best cruiserweight wrestler in the world. Actually, at the time, he was the very best. Obviously, he's since been surpassed by one AJ Styles. It's just a shame that he was so consistently shown up by Dean Malenko, another incredible cruiserweight albeit in a very different away. He would go on to be quite possibly the worst world heavyweight champion ever.

Mysterio actually is a great wrestler and I hope he can make it past a few rounds. People tend to bash him for his current state in the WWE, but in WCW he was one of the most loved wrestlers there. He put on so many matches and really was an entertaining force.

Even in his early years in the WWE Mysterio countinued to perform at the highest levels. People hate him now because he reached the top, and now is called overated. Mysterio is not overated. He was one of the first ever crusierweights to win the top belt. He can beat the smallest of guys to the biggest, and somewhat convincenly.

Even today the Elimination Chamber match showed that Mysterio could still put on a great match. Just make sure when voting you keep Mysterio's whole career in mind and not just his current state.

Edit: And Sam, I have said numerous times on this forum that I really am not that big of a Mysterio fan, the name is a farce.

I miss a lot of things. I completely steered clear of fromthesouth completely because of his name. My mind was fucking blown when he educated me on stem cells.

But onto Rey's title run. Y'know, the WHC one. That was terrible. Least convincing champion possibly ever. There's being an underdog and then there's being a dog that just got hit by a 4x4. I remember JBL having to stop people from ending his career every week. And this is after Kurt Angle got screwed. Mysterio and Orton both tapped! There's a screwjob for ya.

Agreed his run at the top bombed badly. I put most of the blame of WWE's creative team, since they booked him so bad during the time. He was made to seem weak and inferior and of course the reign would seem that.

I like to look at his whole career. He doesn't deserve to win by no means, but people should take in everything when voting for him. The WHC run was embarrasing, but he still is the ultimate underdog who could pull off a few surprises in the tournament.

But on to Rey's title run. Y'know, the WHC one. That was terrible. Least convincing champion possibly ever. There's being an underdog and then there's being a dog that just got hit by a 4x4. I remember JBL having to stop people from ending his career every week. And this is after Kurt Angle got screwed. Mysterio and Orton both tapped! There's a screwjob for ya.

There's a reason I didn't include anything of Mysterio past his title reign in the videos.

Most of it was bad, but like many failed title reigns it's not entirely his fault. The initial match was underwhelming and Mysterio vs Angle would have been so much better. The Triple Threat complicated it and overall the entire thing just disappointed. But imagine, again, if that was Mysterio vs Angle one on one, look back on all of their matches, and tell me it wouldn't have been amazing.

And then what? He defends against JBL at Judgment Day, and what can we really expect out of JBL. I like him as a wrestler, but he's not going to be known for five star matches. Then you had him vs Sabu which was less of a world title match as it was an ECW throwback, and then dropped the title to Booker. He never got any proper competition for it on PPV, which is where it really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back