[Official] 2009 General Draft Discussion Thread

Raw - HHH (as the new general manager only because he's a "McMahon" now), Jack Swagger (because he's the future of WWE), Jim Ross (he belongs), Morrison (to get major singles push),

Smackdown - Teddy Long as GM, Cena will be champ, Christian (to start a beef with Edge), Priceless (to beef with Taker), Todd Grishem (promotion) Shad (turns on JTG, singles push)

ecw - Vickie as GM (she'll be mad), Mysterio (main guy), Umaga (turns face) JBL(so he'll quit), Santino (mic time), Michael Cole (demotion) JTG (singles push)

Smackdown will get: John Cena or Shawn Micheals(one or the other), Shad Gaspard(Cryme Tyme splitting up and if R-truth goes ECW), CM punk( taking intercontinental title with him),Jack Swagger and John Morrison

Raw will get: Triple H, Undertaker or Big show, Evan Bourne, MVP or Shelton Benjamin(whoever holds US title), Finlay, The Miz

Ecw will get: R-Truth(maybe slight chance)Charlie Haas, Rey Mesterio, Dolph Ziggler, Mr Kennedy(just to get him back to full force) The Brian Kendrick, Hurricane Helms and KIzarny together him and the boogeyman can reak Havoc, i think these 2 could work well together in a fued or even become a godd not great tag team.

some FCW wrestlers like Joe Hening, Kaval aka Low Ki will be bought up to ECW

A few divas will ove here and there

Smackdown will get: John Cena or Shawn Micheals(one or the other), Shad Gaspard(Cryme Tyme splitting up and if R-truth goes ECW), CM punk( taking intercontinental title with him),Jack Swagger and John Morrison

Raw will get: Triple H, Undertaker or Big show, Evan Bourne, MVP or Shelton Benjamin(whoever holds US title), Finlay, The Miz

Ecw will get: R-Truth(maybe slight chance)Charlie Haas, Rey Mesterio, Dolph Ziggler, Mr Kennedy(just to get him back to full force) The Brian Kendrick, Hurricane Helms and KIzarny together him and the boogeyman can reak Havoc, i think these 2 could work well together in a fued or even become a godd not great tag team.

some FCW wrestlers like Joe Hening, Kaval aka Low Ki will be bought up to ECW

A few divas will move over here and there

Raw = HHH, Undertaker, MVP (w/ US Title he'll win soon), DH Smith (Legacy), Morrison, Big Show, Teddy Long (GM), Christian, Maria

Smackdown = HBK (HBK vs Edge down the line would be awesome), Cena, Y2J, CM Punk (w/ IC title), Mike Knox, Goldust, Rey Mysterio, Jillian, William Regal, Swagger

ECW = Vladimir Kozlov, Dolph Ziggler, Sim Snuka, Kizarny, Santino and Mr Kennedy since he moves every year and they need a main event player

I think this would be a nice shake up, I would love to see another Egde/HBK feud somewhere down the line, not sure how the ECW title would stay on ECW for the draft unless Dreamer wins the MITB, that would be cool actually.
I think that Regal on Smackdown could work again if they use him properly, they tend to work him up just to shoot him down in an instant, so lets hope they use him well. Maybe a move to ECW could work for him too.
Undertaker to RAW because I think I heard that some top brass at USA Network has been pushing for it for a long time? I think its been a while since I heard that though, not that Vince cares.
I chose Teddy to come to RAW as Steph will be too involved in the Legacy/HHH story that seeing her any other time would be too much, and Teddy makes me laugh anyway. I could see him telling Randy Orton that "tonight, you have to face HHH in a cage, PLAYA"

Anyway, I am sure that I will be 100% off since last year surprised me.

I find the draft to be rather pointless. First and foremost mainly because it is predictable. The draft itself really isn't a draft. We all know that a draft consists of rookies, or untested professionals. The draft should be just that a bunch of rookies. They could make vingettes for them, and have a huge build for them weeks or months before the draft. Imagine guys like Joe Hennig, DH Smith, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus O' Shaunessy, Maverick Darsow, Sebastian Slater, DJ Gabriel, and anyother AAA wrestling talent from any other small wrestling circuit.

That would make for a more realistic approach to an actual draft. It would be a great way to debut these no names, who may become stars. Most of the time the WWE has no idea how to debut talent, and just let things mature naturally. The draft, and the build or hype billed with it would be a great way to debut all that talent at once, over weeks time. The WWE to my knowledge still does vingettes, so this would help. Not to mention re-creating shows like VIP Lounge and have the talent to interviews. Maybe have a poll on the Dirt Sheet, and have Miz/Morrison just ribbing on all of the rookies, that would be hiliarious.

Instead the WWE chose to have the crap that they have now. I'm never interested in the draft because it serves no real purpose at all. Much of it is way too predicatable, and unentertaining. A real draft has rookies not main eventers. Stars should be committed to their shows just as others are committed to their jobs. Who gets a new job every year?

again im going to agree with truk24, i do and dont like the draft, the draft does shake things up but then again whats the point? miz and morrison wrestle on every show, and they are on the ecw brand, and the talent echange with raw is dumb, they need to keep the wrestlers on the show they are drafted on, and im going to touch up on one pick, if orton is moved to smackdown it will ruin everything, hes a better heel for raw and him being on smackdown will just ruin everything, i hope wwe is smart about this and keeps him on raw.

I like this thread btw good Idea,

My Ideas

To ECW: Dolph Ziggler, Him being on RAW was a bad Idea, with all the stuff already happening on that show there is no time for him to do anything really, On ECW he will probably be able to be boosted up to a level where he can be drafted up to either smackdown or raw next draft. This may not be what you asked for but I have a feeling someone big is going to be drafted to ECW, Itd be a good idea to put a big heel on ECW for up and coming faces to fued with, maybe Kane? Kane is also being overwhelmed by all the storylines on RAW. If he is drafted to ECW he can become another dominant heel and could even take over Swaggers role if he goes to another show. I think ECW will benifit from this years draft because WWE seems to have found what they want this product to be, Im even feeling a name change somewhere in the future.
Maybe Punk will go back to ECW? Who knows

To Raw: HHH most likely, With Stephanie having a more domininant role on RAW and HHH recently acknowledging he is married with Stephanie I can see them both being on the same show. MVP could go to RAW, Hes good on the mic and in ring, but doesnt really have anyone to fued with, Unless Im the only once who thinks this, he is on a level slightly under Smackdowns Main eventers and slightly above its mid card. He just doesnt seem to fit on that show. I cant see Taker going to RAW but he might just so he has fresh fueds.

To Smackdown: Im not really sure what is gonna happen here, Maybe Christian to smackdown? I could see melina going to smackdown and having good matchs with McCool but WWE is probably just going to have Gail Kim fight with McCool.

For some reason My mind is only thinking of possibilities for ECW which is good, Hopefully wwe is thinking of some of the stuff I am right now and It seems like they are.
ECW is the Jobber of the three shows, Its made to make people get over before they go and do something major.

SO, I'm sure another couple dozen of these could be floating around, but not on the first page (currently) and this will be the only "stickied" version. Thus, HA. I win.

Anywho.. General Draft discussion can commence. Explain who you feel would/should be moved to where. Make sure to explain reasons on why. I'll start with some examples, you can follow through from there.

Rey Mysterio: (to E.C.W.) I think Mysterio is quite possibly the best "bigger name" this year, to be moved to E.C.W.. Much like Matt Hardy was, last year.

Mysterio's size and ability will be remarkable for this brand, and it's style of pure wrestling. Guy's like Mark Henry truly don't belong in this brand anymore, but guy's like Mysterio do. I think if he were to get drafted over, he'd become E.C.W. Champion by the year's end.

M.V.P.: (to Raw) It's restarting Ladies and Gentlemen, the dawn of the next Generation is coming up. M.V.P. is getting another, and quite possibly his last, chance to prove he's the future of the Industry. Depending on how he fairs in Money in the Bank, my guess is a Raw jump is in his future.

M.V.P. could be the answer to the Intercontinental Championship issue as well. We could very well be looking at the next individual, to win the I.C. title, only to go on and become Heavyweight Champion (similar to how the Ultimate Warrior did it) which would help reboost the Intercontinental title.

Either way, M.V.P. has drained his Smackdown stay, and E.C.W. isn't really a show I'd consider him for. Raw is his next and possibly last stop, in my opinion.

Umaga: (to E.C.W) While Mysterio is the heavy name favorite, my assumption tells me Mark Henry will find his exit from the brand.. and that leaves an opening for a "monster" postion to be filled.

Unlike Henry, Umaga has the skills and abilities to work with anyone smaller than him. Also unlike Henry, Umaga is still somewhat "scary" as a "monster", thus when he's healthy, E.C.W. is the best new home for him.

Edge: (to Raw) Can anyone else say "Thank you Vickie Guerrero" enough times? After Raw, it seems like the "marriage" of Vickie and Edge will finally seek an ending. And Edge could get a mild fan favorite push out of this entire issue, to boot.

SO, the long lived question of "What if: Orton v. Edge" might be up for debate in roughly 2 months time. Edge as a fan favorite, Orton as the top heel. It's possibly gotten greatness written all over it.

The Undertaker: (to Raw) A lot of people never felt they'd move Mysterio off Smackdown, because he drew in the kiddie numbers that no one felt Raw could gain, due to being on later. But they moved him.

The Undertaker is the longest (to my knowledge) Main Event Smackdown star, that hasn't been moved. It's time for a change of Brands. Taker on Raw, would be amazing. Especially to restart the Taker/Orton feud, and begin a possible Taker/Cena showdown.

C.M. Punk: (to Smackdown) For a couple reasons, but right now mainly because I don't get Smackdown and this would be amazing to just not see him, period.

The actual "with a point" reason would be, because he would fit better on a Brand filled with smaller athletes. (not counting Taker or Trips, of course) Push Punk on Smackdown, because he failed completely on Raw. He could somehow manage to win all the titles on Smackdown in flukish fashion, and become the first overall failure to have held every major title in the Company. Imagine that.

Chris Jericho: (to Smackdown) Seems to me he'd work better with Punk, and the smaller athletes. Don't get me wrong, Jericho can fit on Raw and is a nice mainstay on Raw. But this would be the equal to me saying "it's a gift" to Smackdown, for the shit-on that would be Punk.

Jericho has feuded with almost everyone that he possibly could feud with, on Raw. And he's too big of a name for E.C.W., plus doesn't have the age working in his favor to be there, either.

Chritian: (to where-ever Edge lands) Naturally, Christian can survive without the guy who (in my opinion) carried him throughout the beginning of his career. But in a way, this is me saying it's time Christian gave back to Edge.. By having some amazing feuds with him.

So, all in all that is basically what I'm asking. You can talk about anything draft related in here.. just make sure it's leading to a point. DO NOT just agree with someone, or disagree. Explain why you're doing it. DO NOT just post lists of names and brands. Explain why you think that way. Thank You.

I forget who mentioned it, but I think it was actually the VOW guys...anyway, whoever it was, they brought up a great point: if MyNetworkTV is truly going to become a rerun station that could likely fail by 2010 or 2011 and go completely under, and you add that to the fact that a lot of people still don't get Smackdown unfortunately, WWE might be best served just sort of downgrading it to a solid B-show and not trying to even out the playing field between Raw and Smackdown.

If that's the case, I could see them using Smackdown as the place to throw around 4 true main event guys, but let some younger, lower on the card guys step their game up. One person that comes to mind immediately in that situation is CM Punk - a guy who goes up and down all the time from ECW champ to loser with the MITB case, to loser with a world title, to random tag champ, to fleeting IC champ, etc. They clearly like him, but are too busy investing their time in other people to really focus on giving him a push. On Smackdown, he could be one of the main event guys almost.

Anyway, generally speaking, any draft predictions are futile until 5 minutes after WrestleMania ends, but just for kicks, here are the ones I've been thinking are going to happen and what will stay the same (albeit, not the way I'd do it in some cases):

1. Mr. Kennedy to ECW -- Replaces Christian. This gives him a test run to see if he can be a reliable champion. Kennedy's last shot, and if he gets suspended or injured, they'll probably future endeavor him before 09 runs off the calendar.

2. Christian to wherever Edge is -- These two will work together, definitely.

3. Swagger and Dreamer stay on ECW -- I can't see these two not being on ECW due to the retirement thing being around Extreme Rules, and them needing a heel champion to go against Dreamer for that.

4. HBK stays on Raw -- That issue with his church day will prevent him from moving.

5. CM Punk to Smackdown -- I could definitely see them considering this one of the "big moves".

6. Rey Mysterio to ECW -- I think there's a possibility they might have realized that Finlay just doesn't have the *umph* to put him as the top face on the brand. They might keep him there to work with some young guys, or they might simply switch Mysterio and Finlay as they're still working on Monday nights, but I think Mysterio moving over to ECW will grant him a future ECW title reign which makes sense seeing as how he's not a credible WWE/WHC holder but is still popular.

7. Evan Bourne to Raw -- Intercontinental champion in the making.

8. Kofi Kingston to Smackdown -- Not sure why, I can just see it happening.

9. Vladimir Kozlov to ECW -- Probably feuds with Finlay and Kennedy and then is released. He fills the Mark Henry void.

10. Big Show, Mark Henry, Umaga, and Kane? -- Two on Smackdown, two on Raw. Who splits where though? I think you need to put Kane where HHH is, Big Show where Batista is, Umaga where Undertaker is, and Mark Henry fits into whichever of the two shows is missing that second monster heel spot after those three transitions.

11. William Regal to ECW -- He's old, could work with the young guys, and have some minor programs with Mysterio, Finlay, and Kennedy. Plus, its another "still on Mondays" draft, so its nothing huge and allows him to keep his foot in the door when it comes to Raw appearances, which he and Mysterio and the others couldn't do if they taped on Tuesdays with Smackdown.

12. Miz and Morrison out of ECW -- Not sure which show yet. We'll see. They might even split them up for all we know.

13. R-Truth to Raw -- Balances out Kofi, despite Kingston having much more talent lol. But both are in the midcard range, so while the IC title scene loses Kofi, it gains Truth, who leaves the US title scene to be replaced by Kofi.

14. DH Smith returns and goes where Tyson Kidd is -- Not necessarily a draft move, but that could imply Kidd moving to Raw or Smackdown so he can tag team with Harry as well. I don't think they'd team up on ECW.

15. Justin Roberts and Lillian Garcia switch -OR- Striker and Tazz switch -- One or the other is happening, I think. JR seems awfully fond of Striker, who would be better suited in a 2 hour format as opposed to the guy who stutters at every other word. Not sure why the Roberts/Garcia split popped into my head a while back, but it did.

16. Random Diva switch -- Who knows? You know at least one will move though. Maybe like, Michelle to Raw or Mickie to Smackdown or something, I don't know.

I think the real people to watch out for are Jericho, Orton, Edge, HHH, and Batista. WWE has a sort of delicate balance when it comes to main event faces, where they can't really have Undertaker and Batista on the same show, but they can't also have HHH and Cena on the same show. I could see them sending Undertaker over to Raw and Batista back to Smackdown if they keep Cena on Raw and HHH on Smackdown, but as far as Orton/Edge/Jericho go, they don't really have a fourth heel to round out that balance. That's tricky. It almost implies a heel turn for someone, but who could really turn heel and be 2nd fiddle on Raw or Smackdown? Christian? Morrison if you push him correctly? Shelton? Hm...

Ill likely continue adding to this but

Kennedy to ECW

Like Fate said. This will be his chance to carry a brand, a show. The WWE can really see what this guy can do, can be.

Edge to RAW

so we can have the epic Edge - Orton showdown, with Edge a tweener, more alighned towards face. Possibly a 3 way with Cena, Orton, and Edge if Cena doesnt

GO to SmackDown

Ive always been a fan of this idea. He is tailor made for Network tv. Pull the trigger WWE. Although I figure they would rather center the show around Triple H, and from what we have all read, the schedule works better for him on SD!. We shall see.

Evan Bourne and Miz to RAW

Guys have IC title written all over them. A fine boost to RAWs mid card, and both could do fine things with Kofi, Punk, Rey, and others.

Chris Jericho to SD!

Jeritron has done just about all he can on RAW. Time for a change of scenery and time to go to a place were he will be the absolute top heel, with the depature of Edge

Kozlov to ECW

Sorta like Mark Henry. theyve run out of jobbers for him to squash, and he had his ME chance. its all over now. So now, he can waste a segment per week on ECW, and probably squash the holy livning bejesus out of Dreamer after Tommy wins the title so as to not retire.

Jack Swagger to RAW

Another guy who has IC title written all over him. He could either mid card here for a bit, or be in the ME picture on SD! by the close of the year. I salivate at the thought of a Rey Mysterio - Jack Swagger IC title match

Christian to SD!

just to avoid him being on the same brand as Edge, and elevated from ECW. let the man stand on his own. Could easily be a top guy in the US title picture.

Like NoFate said, it's a little early to make draft predictions, but it's not like they're giving us a ton of time after 'Mania to think up anything. I don't see anything crazy happening like last year, with JR going to Smackdown or anything, but I wouldn't be totally surprised. I was going to list Lilian going to Smackdown, but NoFate beat me to it. She's pretty, and the "kiddie" audience that WWE has on Fridays would eat it up. Here's my other guesses so far:

To RAW:

Edge - After WrestleMania, him and Triple H will return to their respective shows, but he's having some success on RAW. I see him ending the feud with Big Show, leaving Vickie, and going to RAW, where he can have that feud with Orton that we've all wanted.

Festus - Wasn't he due for a singles push this time last year? If that's still the plan, the best thing to do, would be to move him over to RAW, where he can match up against a guy like Knox, and have a true big man showdown.

MVP - It's been said before. Hes run his course on Smackdown. The best way to try and save his career, is to move him away from the same old feuds, and get him in front of a newer audience. He can put together some good matches in the IC Title picture, and can work as a heel, or a face, for them.

Evan Bourne - I know I'd be happy to see a Bourne v. MVP feud for the IC Title. I doubt that he'll be moved so quickyl after returning, especially since he didn't have a whole lot of time in ECW before getting hurt. The draft always has a surprise or two, and this could be it if his name pops up as a draft pick as his return to TV.

John Morrison - He's a better performer than Miz, and that's why he'd go to RAW when they split, and compete for the bigger title. He can either start with a run at the IC Title, or they can push him straight to the main event scene for the WWE Title.

To SmackDown!:

Goldust - Why not? He's been back on RAW for a little while, and hasn't done anything of importance, so why not switch him over to SmackDown where he can at least face some newer talent, ot even job to different talent.

JTG - There's been some tension between them on-screen, and even if it is due to being for comedic purposes, it's there. First, there was the two-headed coin. Then, it was JTG tossing Shad over the top on ECW's Tri-Branded Battle Royal. JTG is probably going to come out of the split as the heel, and he could replace MVP in SmackDown's midcard picture. As Will said, SmackDown has the smaller superstars, so I think he'd fit better than Shad.

Santino Marella - Will wants Punk on Fridays so he doesn't have to watch him, so I want Santino there for the same reason. The only people that find him funny are the younger generation viewing audience that WWE attratcs there. I don't think he'd be any closer to a title, but at least he'd be away from my TV.

Candice Michelle - If they truly believe that she is a good wrestler, than they need to move her to SmackDown, and have her in a feud with Maryse. Maryse really is sexy, while Candice makes me wish I had a brown paper bag. In WWE's eyes, this would be great for the Divas Title.

Lilian Garcia - She's not a bad announcer, but she's not the WWE's best. She should go to the B show so that Chmiel can announce RAW. This would be the only "announced" draft pick I'd make with the announcers, but I'd move Chmiel anyway.

The Miz - I'd rather see him on RAW, but he's the "B" performer of his tag team, so he'd end up here. I think he'd be a good heel for the US Title picture, and would work well in some of the feuds that would be possible for him.

To ECW:

Charlie Haas - His gimmick got stale fast, but he's still not horrible in the ring. He's not going to compete for any titles anywhere, so why not move him off of the two big shows, and give him some TV time here? He can have some matches with the young guys, and if his cards fall right, he can work his way back up the ladder a little.

Rey Mysterio - I've already posted it elsewhere, but I think he'd be perfect for ECW's title picture. He's not going to compete for any gold on RAW or SmackDown, so by putting him here, he can compete for the ECW Title, and help to get overthe younger guys like Swagger and Kidd. He can also have a few matches with Henry or Finlay if they want.

Jimmy Wang Yang - Every show needs jobbers, and Dreamer ain't going to be around forever. He's not the worst guy the WWE has, but he gets booked like it. Instead of releasing him, they might as well just put him here, and let him get jobbed to rising stars, instead of guys we know aren't going anywhere.

Eve - ECW is the place for young talent, right? They're already starting to show some matches featuring Natalya and Alicia, so why not add Eve there, and let her get some TV time in the ring? She's the last hope they have at making the Divas Search look like it was worth it, so at least put her on, and let her sink or swim.

Raw:

Triple H: To continue his feud with orton.....i see a hell in a cell match possible....and a match with orton and batista.

J.R.: Puts him back where he belongs right next to the king.

MVP: Sorta to take over for cm punk and save the ic title

Smackdown:

Christan: can u say a five sec pose? then turn him heel and feud wit edge.

John Cena: pretty much cause trips wit to raw and smackdown needs a big face

Cm Punk: he needs a change of scenery and new oppents to help rebuild his career

Jack Swagger: I dont think he's ready to be on the a show raw but he def right for smackdown have feuds wit cena

Michael Cole: reunites him wit tazz......thank god

ECW:

Rey Mysterio: ecw original.....i see him wit the title soon...besides ecw is more for high flyers

Jimmy Wang Yang: They could actually use him here finallly!

Willam Regal: they need a good heel...mark herny just boring and swagger will be gone.

R truth: just a victim sorta speak....sorry man.

Drafted to Raw

Edge - Edge is good on Smackdown, but he's GREAT on RAW! This whole Vickie Guerrero thing needs to end for creativity's sake, and also this whole Ultimate Opportunist angle needs to end as well! Edge is awesome at being champion but terrible at winning them (creatively). I honestly, think that a run on RAW would be astonishing with some possible feuds with new superstars and leading up to an EPIC Orton/Edge feud that, if WWE was smart, would take place at next years MANIA. Plus, I'm shocked that Edge hasn't been tweened towards being more of a face due to his unbelievable marketability and merchandising. This move NEEDS to happen.

Triple H - It appears that Stephanie is going to be a mainstay on Raw and that means HHH comes with her. While I think HHH is better on SD, expect to see this be the last pick for Raw to set up some more Orton HHH matches.

MVP - He should've moved at the last draft and he'll probably win the MITB this year.

Evan Bourne - plain and simple...Evan Bourne is ready to be on Raw and after a while he will be ready for the main event scene. He has everything you want in a future IC champ too.

John Morrisson - I've said time and time again that John Morrisson is the next HBK and could step into the main event scene right now! If he gets the last MITB shot I'm pretty sure he'll win it...He's already been a ECW world champion, IC champ, and held both tag titles. This guy is ready and with a former Tough Enough winner/ Forrest Griffin type of angle/push he could be great.

Christian - Needs to be off ECW and get his WWE career rolling now!!!!

Undertaker - It seems like the end of the road is coming for him and WWE's main show should feature him.

Festus and Jesse I love this team and the only reason I want to see them move is to see Festus get a legit singles turn OR see their gimmick evolve more into a team like The Freebirds. Either way they are ready for Raw's Tag Scene

Drafted to Smackdown

Chris Jericho - even though I think Jericho is the best heel in the business today, he needs to go where he'll be put in the ultimate heel championship role and could play a role in bringing Smackdown to that next level.

John Cena - If WWE wants SD to be a legit heavyweight show like RAW is...then this move needs to happen and Cena is the guy to draw viewers over. I personally, think Smackdown should start bringing up younger world champions and Cena can be the guy to carry the flagship. Plus, I think this move is bound to happen...he'll probably win the title at WM25 and be drafted to SD as their Champion to set up more things with Big Show.

Kofi Kingston - I have to say that I love Kofi Kingston on Raw! But, WWE has got to push this guy while he is still hot and get him into the main event picture. SD is just the place Kofi needs to stretch his wings and learn to work the mic. An MITB win and a championship upset over say...The Big Show would be just what he would need to elevate his status.

Mark Henry - Seriously...what else can be done with him?

Jack Swagger - Again, SD needs to start developing younger world champions and Swagger has the potential to be a guy who can lead WWE. Plus...HE'S A HEEL!!! Swagger vs. Cena would be great on SD! No matter what he's ready for the big time.

Kane - SD needs some monsters and Kane needs something to do. He could help develop those young champions

CM PUNK - I think CM Punk is best on Raw but with the title scene the way it is and he seems to be growing a little stale I think that a SD move would really breath new life into him. Also, gives him a chance to feud with the Hardys and a WHC match with Cena.

Drafted to ECW

Rey Mysterio Jr. - Rey is exciting to watch but not appealing to many over the age of 15. He needs to move to ECW and get the title.

Kozlov - He'll still appear on SD but this way WWE can throw a championship on him and make him appear dominant.

William Regal - Regal is approaching the twilight of his career and now he should start setting himself up for a road agent job by going to ECW and working with new talent. He also could set himself up for a nice feud with Finlay.

R-Truth Possible development into championship material.

The Brian Kendrick - Again...loads of potential but size is a concern. Needs a run in ECW to see if the main event is suitable

Supplemental

Ezekial Jackson (RAW)
Michelle McCool (RAW)
Beth Phoenix (SD)
Mickie James (SD)
The Bellas (RAW)
Layla (ECW)
Charlie Haas (SD)
DJ Gabriel (SD)
Ricky Ortiz (RAW)
Curt Hawkins (ECW)
Zack Ryder (ECW)
Jamie Noble (ECW)
Shad Gaspard (SD)
Dolph Ziggler (ECW)

Results

RAW
Edge, HHH, MVP, Evan Bourne, Morrisson, Christian, Undertaker, Ezekial Jackson, Michelle McCool, The Bellas, Ricky Ortiz, Jesse, Festus

Smackdown
Chris Jericho, John Cena, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, Kane, CM Punk, Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Charlie Haas, DJ Gabriel, Shad Gaspard

ECW
Rey Mysterio, Kozlov, R-Truth, William Regal, The Brian Kendrick, Layla, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Jamie Noble, Dolph Ziggler

Raw
Tripe H: his feud with Orton will probably continue after Wrestlemania and he's gotta get off smackdown.
Edge: Edge needs to get away from Vickie and go to raw for a feud with Orton.
MVP: he could have a great feud with JBL over the IC title that could bring credibility back to the belt.
Undertaker: how long has he been on Smackdown? to long.
JR: He needs to be back on raw with the King.

Smackdown
John Cena: With Edge, Triple H, and Undertaker gone, Smackdown will need someone like him.
Christian: I bet he will win the MITB and go to smackdown and build up to the main event level and challenge the champ who ever it will be when that time comes
Evan Bourne: Theres to many top talent guys on Raw already. He could have a decent run as US Champ and feud with Shelton Benjamin or the Brian Kendrick
Batista: He didn't do that much when he returned to Raw so i could see him going back to smackdown and being in the main event picture.
Michael Cole: He needs to be back on Smackdown with Tazz.
Kane: Unfortunatly Kane is not the same as he once was back in the day with his mask. hes not doing much on raw and i doubt they would move him back to ECW. Smackdown would be the best place for him.

ECW
Rey Mysterio: He hasn't done much on raw and isn't nearly as good as he was on smackdown. i could see him going to ECW and feuding with the ECW Champ.
The Great Khali: He's one of the worst guys in WWE right now. If he's ever gonna get another push it'll be on ECW.
Hurricane Helms: He could have a good run as the ECW champ and then get drafted back to Smackdown.

RAW

MVP - I think he'll win the money in the bank this year, so it makes sense to have him on the top brand to build him up before he cashes it in.
Maryse - She just seems like a perfect fit for Raw for some reason, and Raw needs a decent heel diva.

SMACKDOWN

Christian - Has to be on the same show as Edge, have them reunite before one turns on the other, then a huge feud between them, also incorporating Jeff & Matt Hardy into it would be smart, a 4 way TLC match for the title would be interesting.
CM Punk - Has faced every mid-carder on Raw already and he isn't gonna get a main event push anytime soon over there, he would have more chance of main event shots on SD.
John Morrison - He should split from Miz sometime this year then get a singles push similar to Punk's last year, though hopefully it works out better than that did.
Mickie James - She's doing nothing on Raw right now, and she would be a great addition to the SD diva's division.

ECW

Umaga - He just seems to have been lost in the shuffle for the last year or so, have him dominate ECW for a year before moving back up to one of the main shows for a bigger push.

So as I was reading the main site earlier today, something wonderful showed its pretty little face. Apparently vince Mcmahon has big plans for Monday Night Raw. Big plans, as in completely loading this show up with the main talent. I think this is fucking great.

This means, each show will have an identity. Raw maybe seen as the flagship, but I doubt it will be the most enjoyable show of the three. In fact, I would wager to say that if that happens, it'll be the one that I enjoy the least.

I have the benefit of having a Smackdown coming to my town in the next month, and yes things are subject to change, but as of now, he dark match main event is the Undertaker and Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy and Edge. Imagine if you will tha tTriple H makes the jump back to Raw, maybe even taking the Undertaker with him. That's fine. Sure Raw would be loaded with the likes of Orton, Michaels, Taker, Triple H, the returning Batista and the likes, but imagine what smackdown could be like.

You have Edge being the focal point, (while I'm hoping Cena jumps to Smackdown as well), you have guys like both Hardy Boys, presumably Christian, maybe a CM Punk, MVP, Rey Mysterio. The potential for what Smackdown could be as far as match quality would be phenomenal. Raw has the star power, bu tno one exciting that could have a good match. All of the young, yet established talent would be on one show without one guy burying the entire roster.

When I made my draft picks I tried to do it in the style that the WWE does. That means I tried to give each brand approximately the same number of guys both to and from the brand that they did last year.

Drafted to RAW
MVP - A lot of people are making this call and I'm no different. It's great that MVP is off his losing streak but that's still no enough. He needs a fresh start. Besides, they basically just dropped the storyline of how upset MVP was with his place on SD!. Bringing that back up again now would just cement his place as a face. If MVP takes MitB then that's even better.

The Miz - It's time to split up Mizorrison. I love their gimmick but they've been running with it for quite a while now. With ECW guys being allowed to show up on all three shows whenever they want the only way to have a truly clean break is to send one to RAW and one to SD!. I see a brighter future in Morrison for sure. But Miz could settle in wonderfully as an IC challenger.

Triple H - This one seems to be written in the stars. No one saw Hunter staying on SD! for long. He's basically already plowed through all of their top guys now anyway. It's best to keep his as far away from Jeff as possible now. Also, the Orton feud finally has some teeth.

Undertaker - It's hard to believe that 'Taker has been on SD! since the fall of 2002. Nobody has been a bigger fixture of a brand than him. If the rumors are true that he is finally winding down his career it's only fitting that he enjoys his final years on the A show. A feud with Orton would be fresh again. There are tons of new paths for the deadman on RAW.

Drafted to SmackDOWN!
Shawn Michaels - I know he never said he'd work Tuesdays but I think he can be convinced now that even HHH has taken a turn. Just like 'Taker on SD! Shawn is a fixture on RAW. Nothing would shake things up more than having them switch shows. Anyone want to see Shawn and Edge go at it again? I know I do.

Chris Jericho - Here's another call I know many people are making. Jericho has been on RAW for a long time. We know he's a company man so he wouldn't mind the switch. SD!'s midcard is full of hungry, young talent that haven't had a match with Jericho. After constantly being marginalized, SD! would be an open playground for Y2J.

Christian - Clearly he's not going to get the ECW title. Everyone wants to see him in the mix with the Hardyz and Edge again. So give it to people. But do it slowly. Christian/Jeff vs. Edge/Matt is insanely interesting. How about a heel Jericho vs. a face Christian? We haven't seen that before. At this point, after a few years in TNA every feud Christian could potentially have is interesting.

John Morrison - See: The Miz.

Drafted to ECW
R-Truth - Most of ECW's picks are all for the same reason. They flopped on their original brands for whatever reason and ECW would be a nice place to build them up again. Truth has floundered since he couldn't win the U.S. title. On ECW he'd be an immediate title contender again.

William Regal - Swagger will sit under the learning tree with Regal around. Regal is tough as heck yet his IC title reign was underwhelming. A veteran worker like Regal would make every FCW guy that got called up to ECW instantly better.

---

Supplemental Draft
RAW
DH Smith - The muscle that the Legacy needs.
Natalya - She was treated as a joke against McCool. She might join Legacy and give them more gold.
The Brian Kendrick - I make this pick apprehensively. SD!'s midcard is so full. Kendrick is charismatic and just the thoughts of matches against Rey excites me.

SmackDOWN!
Jillian - Has she ever won a match on RAW? She needs a change of scenery ASAP.
Candice - Same deal. She's a joke now on RAW. Best to get her away from the big girls.
Charlie Haas - Where did he go? An reunion with Benjamin once in a while would be fun.
John Cena - He's in the supplemental draft because it'd seem more realistic for one big name to not get drafted until this portion. It probably won't happen but the guy bores me on RAW. He's stagnated. Also, I don't like the idea of him and Batista on the same show.

ECW
Dolph Ziggler - He's criminally underutilized on RAW.
Sim Snuka - If he isn't part of Legacy then get him away from their brand so he can establish himself.
Hurricane Helms - He came back. The fans loved him. Then he was jobbed and lost all his momentum. A new brand can bring it back.

Also, when I typed this up I had Ryan Braddock going to RAW but obviously with his release it's a moot point.

Moved to RAW

Edge: Like Most have said, Edge fits in with the Raw scenery, he'd have natural rivalries set up, and the Vickie angle appears to have reached an end.

Triple H: Seems a bit obvious, the Orton/McMahon storyline has to continue through 'Mania, brings main event status to Raw.

The Undertaker: About time. I think he's ran his course on Smackdown. He can engage more thoroughly with Cena, pick up with Orton, and has a natural respect feud with Triple H.

Christian: I think they'll want to reunite E&C, and with both looking like the clean guys it would be a good time to send them over.

Moved to SmackDown

Rey Mysterio: He never seemed at home on Raw, but fit naturally on SD!.. with an emphasis on hispanics on SD! now I think this is obvious.

Chris Jericho: Switch him out, let him engage with new faces. This would also help with the main event size on SD! (6'0 225lbs; Jeff and Matt Hardy, MVP, etc)

Evan Bourne: Too big to be kept on ECW, previous work with Mysterio.. fits in well with the rest of my (predicted) theme.

Kane: PLEASE!! Being wasted on Raw, can be the big guy on SD!

Mike Knox: Hopefully not thrown here to chase Rey, but hopefully he can team with Kane to terrorize the new small & quicker division.

Moved to ECW

Jesse and Festus: Have received very minimal airtime recently, I think they can re-debut on ECW, fits in with the theme over there.

Goldust: Needs to work, will eventually be let go.. screams ECW[/b]

---------------------------------------------

I also can see Kozlov, Henry, MVP, Kennedy, Benjamin, TBK changing places to any of the shows. It's hard to get a read on the tag teams, ala Miz and Morrison and Carlito and Primo. It seems the titles may be unified, so the tag division would work differently, so I'll hold off on that. Of course there will be more moves, perhaps Noble or Ezekiel (i a split occurs from TBK). A lot remains to be seen.

Mr. Kennedy to ECW- This could be the place for kennedy to really make a name for himself he could have feuds with Christian, Swagger etc. eventuall rising to the ECW championship spot.

John Morrison to Raw- He's floating at the moment anyway but if he moved to raw he can get an Intercontinental Championship run which could lead into World Heavyweight runs later in his career.

Rey Mysterio to Smackdown- Just get him off raw he doesn't belong there and he just seems out of place. Get him in to a high flying tag team with say Evan Bourne.

Evan Bourne to Smackdown- get him tagging with Rey and maybe a major title run later in life?

Edge to Raw- It makes sense, get rid of vickie and Edge, Edge vs Orton Edge vs Cena Edge vs Batista. Also let Edge win A TITLE PROPERLY - NOT Sneakily!!!

Miz to Smackdown- Give him the US title and then slip him in to the mid-card and never hear from him again.

Kozlov to ECWSomewhere for some new fueds. People won't be as outraged when he wins the big one over there.

Umaga to ECW- Pretty much same as above.

Undertaker to Raw- Turn him back to the American Bad-Ass and completely change his carachter, new show new gimmick and turn him heel IT WOULD RULE!!!!

Teddy Long to Raw- When was the last time Raw had a good, believeable and entertaining GM um...Adaml.....No.....William Reg....No....Jonathon Coach......No

Santino and Beth Phoenix to Smackdown-Just for a change up had to move 1 diva?

CHRIS JERICHO TO SMAKDOWN-Him and Matt Hardy could be the major heels with HHH Jeff Hardy Rey etc. being the faces. Cement Smackdown as the B show.

To RAW:

Edge: Regardless of the fact he forgave Vickie on RAW I can See them breaking up either before or at Mania. Edge has to get as far away from Vickie as possible. Plus Edge would once again be a great addition to the RAW roster with plenty of new faces to feud with, Orton vs. Edge would be epic.

Undertaker: The Deadman has run his course on Smackdown I think everyone would agree with that and he should see his career out on RAW.

M.V.P: His time to shine is now and he's become stale on friday night's, there's nothing left for the Franchise Player to do on SD, I would bet my house on this pick.

Triple H: Considering no one really expected Triple to be on SD for that long, this move is pretty much a safe bet. I can't say I'm to thrilled as The Game just left RAW last year hopefully I'm wrong and he remains on Smackdown.

Shelton Benjamin
: He failed on ECW and he's failing on Smackdown, oddly enough the only place he ever shined was on RAW.

John Morrison: Doesn't matter how it's done just break Miz & Morrison up already ... if used right his career could sky rocket on RAW.

Michelle McCool:
Just for the sake of shaking up the Womens divison move her to RAW and give her a run with Womens Title.

Umaga: Umaga was a beast on RAW, he doesn't suit Smackdown, period.

TBK & Ezekiel: Kendrick's obviously going nowhere on Smackdown, give him a run with IC title.

To ECW:

Dolph Ziggler: He impressed me last year in his match with Batista but since then he has been thrown to the bottom of the pile. ECW is the way forward for him.

R-Truth: He could become the star of the brand.

Vladimir Kozlov: Give him a run with the strap.

To Smackdown:

John Cena: This move is highly unlikely, but my I'll keep my fingers crossed the man has completely outstayed his welcome on RAW.

Rey Mysterio: He doesn't fit in on RAW nuff said.

Kofi Kingston: He could take his game to new height's on Smackdown with a possible main event run.

Christian: Let's face it he'll go nowhere if he's drafted to RAW and I can't see him staying on ECW.

Kane: It's a damn shame the way WWE treats Kane he's my favourite wrestler, which makes it all the harder to see what he's become, the man was a monster back in the day now he's a laughing stalk jobbing to the likes of Mysterio, retirement is right around the corner for The Big Red Machine he should see his career out on Smackdown.

Kelly Kelly: She's a 'Diva' not an athlete, the Eye Candy belongs on Smackdown. Personally I'm a fan of her's she's destined to be Diva's Champion.

Chris Jericho: He's been on RAW almost since day one. I love Jericho being on RAW, but at this point he would benefit from the jump to friday night's.

Mickie James: Being misused on RAW and has become rather stale it would be cool to have Mickie on Smackdown.

Evan Bourne: A move to Smackdown for Bourne would be the best route imo.

I think the draft is done way wrong by the WWE. It should never feature main event talent ever. Why draft the same talent year after year. This makes it much to predictable. Certain stars don't leave their shows in general. Most of the time the main stars can show up on either show to begin with. It is pointless the way the WWE handles the draft.

The Draft should consists of unknowns, and low card talents like Dolph Ziggler or TJ Wilson. Stars that don't matter much in the real scheme of things. What I mean by complete unknowns would be rookies stars from their developmental regions like FCW. The whole build to the draft should be something similar to the NFL except with a wrestling background. Perhaps various vingettes of the newest memebers of the WWE community.

Possible interviews, and hype build up. Normally the WWE just debuts a talent, and lets it go from there. Using this draft as a booster to newer stars would actually make sense. After all that is what a draft is. You don't draft veteran stars, they are rookies. Not saying that the only time newbies should appear is this time of year either, as new stars could still debut after the draft as free agents.

Possible highlights of these wrestlers, and their ring work to impress the fans. Stories behind them being told behind the scenes. Constant focus on fresh start for the new wrestlers. Obviously a ton of hype all gearing towards the draft. Really the main focus should be on familiarizing the fans over the weeks with these new possible stars of the future. The draft should be about the people we haven't heard about. Just like any other draft.

I'll do this as they come to me, because I can't think of them all right now.

Maryse to RAW

Basically, she's fueded with all of the Divas already and it's time for a change. If she wants to be taken seriously then she needs to win the ACTUAL Diva belt, not that shitty toy. This also gives her a chance to fued with different Divas like Kelly Kelly & Candice.

I'm first going to list the changes (marked in bold) then at the bottom...I'll give reasons.

First things first...Even though Vince wants RAW to become the true flagship show after Wrestlemania, he still needs to balance out the rest of the roster between the two other shows if he wants them to not only survive, but to hopefully breathe new life into them and boost up their ratings/attendance numbers.

I'll start with the belts for each brand.
RAW:
1) WWE Championship = Pretty self explanatory...WWE says that this is the most historic belt (although I believe the World Heavyweight Championship has way more prestige...that's my WCW side coming through I guess) so it should be on the flagship show.
2) Intercontinental Championship = Pretty much same reasoning as WWE Championship
3) Women's Championship = Same as both above.

SMACKDOWN:
1) World Heavyweight Championship = Seeing that WWE introduced this belt only at the beginning of the 2000's...this is a good main title for the brand.
2) United States Championship = Pretty much fine where it is.
3) World Tag Team Championship = This is the more prestigious of the two WWE Tag Team Championship belts.

ECW:
1) ECW Championship = Obvious enough.
2) Divas Championship = As you'll see in my new rosters...This is a good place to train divas before stepping up to the big show in competition.
3) Cruiserweight Championship = Yep...I brought this back. I think since WWE has decided to go strictly the PG-13 route now, ECW's old "Hardcore/Extreme" mantra has pretty much gone down the crapper. So why not replace it with high-flying, risk-taking, fast-paced matches with some really great Cruiserweights?

***As you can see...I have not included the WWE Tag Team Championship belts because they are pretty much a waste. Having two tag team championships on the same brand (or in two different brands) with really no other real tag teams besides Morrison/Miz, Carlito/Primo & Jesse/Festus, it's a waste.***

Now onto the Rosters (roster changes are marked in bold)
RAW:
Batista
Beth Phoenix
Charlie Haas
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Edge
JBL
Jeff Hardy
John Cena
Kelly Kelly
Lillian Garcia
Maryse
Melina
Michelle McCool
Mickie James
Mike Knox
Mr. Kennedy
Natalya
Randy Orton
Santino Marella
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Triple H
Ted DiBiase
William Regal

SMACKDOWN!:
Big Show
Brie Bella
Carlito
Christian
Curt Hawkins
DH Smith
Eve
Festus
Jesse
John Morrison
JTG
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Layla
Mark Henry (w/ or w/o Tony Atlas)
Matt Hardy
MVP
Nikki Bella
Primo
Rosa Mendes
R-Truth
Shad
Tazz
The Miz
The Great Khali (w/ Ranjin Singh)
Umaga
The Undertaker
Zack Ryder

ECW:
Alicia Fox
Candice
Chavo Guerrero
DJ Gabriel
Dolph Ziggler
Evan Bourne
Ezekiel Jackson
Finlay (w/ Hornswoggle)
Hurricane Helms
Jack Swagger
Jamie Noble
Jillian
Jimmy Wang Yang
Katie Lea Burchill
Maria
Paul Burchill
Rey Mysterio
Ricky Ortiz
Sim Snuka
The Brian Kendrick
Tommy Dreamer
Tyson Kidd
Vladimir Kozlov

Okay...now that I've listed the rosters...here's the explanations as brief as possible:
RAW:
Jeff Hardy, Triple H, Edge = These guys would help to beef up the flagship show with three of the best guys working in WWE today.
Shelton Benjamin & Mr. Kennedy = These guys could help improve the race for the IC belt (especially since Shelton's won it before).
Maryse, Michelle McCool, Natalya = These three divas have definitely improved their game and are really good female wrestlers...add them to the mix with the likes of Beth Phoenix, Mickie James & Melina and we've got a really great mix of talented WWE Divas who can ACTUALLY WRESTLE.

SMACKDOWN:
Christian, Kane, Mark Henry = These guys will help add some power to the World Heavyweight race in an effort to help replace the losses of Hardy, Triple H and Edge.
Morrison/Miz & Cryme Tyme = These guys will add to the World Tag Team race.
Kofi Kingston = Will help replace Shelton with the U.S. Championship bracket.
Layla & Rosa Mendes = Will help with the "Manager" aspect for superstars.

ECW:
Candice, Jillian, Maria = They will help fill out the bracket of divas who have severely amateur wrestling skills...this will be a perfect breeding ground (with the Diva's Belt) to help them boost up their in-ring capabilities to eventually get to "the show".
Chavo Guerrero, Hurricane Helms, Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, Rey Mysterio, The Brian Kendrick = These guys in addition to the likes of Evan Bourne & Tyson Kidd would really help boost and add real excitement to ECW with the true revival of the Cruiserweight Championship.
Dolph Ziggler, Ezekiel Jackson, Sim Snuka, Vladimir Kozlov = This will help improve greatly the ECW Championship bracket as most of that existing bracket is just Finlay & Swagger...plus...you could always throw Rey Mysterio into that mix to spice things up as well.

So there it is...I'm really curious to see what other people think of these new rosters...I know there's a lot of superstars that change brands on my lists...however the live broadcast on RAW really only changes about 4-8 wrestlers, while the supplemental draft changes much more superstars.

Please leave me some feedback! I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!

Thought of another.

MVP to RAW

I called this one last year, because I thought he should have. He's exhausted all of the talent on SD!, and he needs somewhere new. He can easily freshen up the IC Title scene for a few months, before moving on to the WWE Title/WHC (depending if the title moves shows). Either way, this one HAS to be a dead certainty. It needs to be done otherwise MVP could find himself lost in the shuffle on SD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back