Who Wins This Match?

• Goldberg

• 2 Cold Scorpio

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The following contest is a first round match in the New York Region.

This match takes place in the Pepsi Centre in Denver, Colorado.

275-Denver_Pepsi_Center_2527.jpg

#8 Goldberg

Goldberg1.jpg

Vs.

#25 2 Cold Scorpio

092Cold.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Say what you want about Goldberg; that he was an overrated worker, he couldn't draw, he didn't have the stamina to go past 10 minutes because none of that really matters here. This is a hypothetical kayfabe match between two characters and how they performed [as characters] in the ring.

Now in this hypothetical match where we take this unstoppable juggernaunt of a character and put him up against another character... one 2 Cold Scorpio. As a character 2 Cold Scorpio was a midcarder... the type of guy who would have been fed to fuel Goldberg's [at the time] perceptively never ending streak.

Even though wins and losses do not matter much in pro wrestling, booking does, and Goldberg was booked to look like the most dominating force in WCW history. Period. For over a hundred matches Goldberg flattened the competition, for over a hundred matches the WCW audience thought that Goldberg was invincible...

Logically the decision is simple, Goldberg wins in dominating fashion.

2 Cold put on some damn fine matches during his run in WCW, especially his Superbrawl III match against Benoit. It's hard to vote against Scorpio, someone I really liked when I was a kid, but I have to.

Goldberg was an absolute monster. He dominated anyone worth a shit in the late 90's, and would do the same with Scorpio. I don't think this match lasts more than 2 minutes.

Why did Scorpio have to draw Goldberg? Goddamnit.

Damn tough draw for 2 Cold Scorpio here he's had some pretty good matches like the Superbrawl match Nick noted and he also had some pretty good matches in ECW but he doesn't go over Goldberg In the 90's he was a Beast and Dominated everyone. Goldberg gets the win after a Spear and a Jack Hammer.

Bill Goldberg is a machine. I don't get when people say he couldn't draw, because leading into Wrestlemania 20 people were pumped for Goldberg and Lesnar, it was just that the match sucked, so its infamy is what destroyed it. 2 Cold Scorpio was great back when he was in WCW, from what I can remember of him.

Either way, if this was a hypothetical match, then I would have to go with Goldberg squash.

Votes goes for Goldberg.

This is no contest. Goldberg will run over Scorpio and it's not even funny. Overrated or whatever, this guy is a destroyer.

My vote: Goldberg.

Goldberg is someone that's quite overrated and his limitations in the ring were obvious if the man wrestled longer than 5 minutes.

Unfortunately, none of that is going to do 2 Cold Scorpio any good because Bill Goldberg will go through him like shit through a goose in less than 2 minutes. Goldberg was an animal and Scorpio just simply cannot compete...at all...not ever.

Goldberg all the way.

Scorpio is a great mid-card worker, and had some great matches. His WCW days were great, and he wrestled good matches with some of the best.

Goldberg however was a terminator. He may have been overrated to some, but damnit he destroyed people. Like someone else said, call him a bad worker but that was just Goldberg. The big monster who would beat everyone. His later stuff started to lose it's edge but in no way does Scorpio beat Goldberg.

Goldberg by Jack Hammer 6 minutes in.

Goldberg is a monster, there may not be another wrestler in this tourney I will vote for over him. I love 2 Cold, but Goldberg would spear and Jackhammer him in less than 30 seconds.

I'm the only one to vote for 2 Cold Scorpio? Really?

Now, I'm not saying that I ever thought 2 Cold would win this match-up, nor do I have an argument for those voting with kayfabe in mind; however, 2 Cold Scorpio was a marvelous, VERY entertaining wrestler. I would expect him to receive more than just my vote alone. The fact is, 2 Cold was a much better and more entertaining wrestler than that piece of shit Goldberg, who could only spear people and jackhammer them. Literally, that's what he was limited to. The dude has a grand total of 2 good matches in his entire career (vs. DDP at Halloween Havoc & vs. Raven on Nitro for the US Championship).

2 Cold Scorpio, on the other hand, is one of the most underrated wrestlers in history. He was entertaining where ever he went, and he awed crowds with his athleticism and colorful personality. For those too young to unfortunately not be able to have seen any of his stuff, then please check out these videos for me:

[YOUTUBE]z5C7TEBW3hA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]HwddKgGpRKc[/YOUTUBE]

That should be enough proof to show you 2 Cold had more talent in his fucking pinkie than Goldberg had in his entire body.

Goldberg made a career of doing the business over middling wrestlers in hardly any time at all. That's what the set up is here, and I'm afraid 2 Cold Scorpio is going to get creamed after maybe getting in one clothesline or something.

This has to go to Goldberg.

Goldberg was an absolute monster, squashing countless people in his time. He was pretty weak in the ring if it lasted for a good while. 2 cold had some pretty good matches and was quite entertaining, but unfortunately for 2 cold he just doesn't have it in him to face up with Goldberg, and Goldberg would just annihilate him in a short time with a Jack hammer and a spear.

Goldberg would have no problems with Scorpio. Goldberg was a monster in his prime who was unstoppable. He crushed better performers then Scorpio so don't see him having any trouble here. His power and his aggression would get him the advantage and once he got that there is no looking back. Goldberg by domination.

2 Cold Scorpio did the 450 splash back in the early 90's when he was teaming with Ron Simmons in WCW. That's what I remember about him. He's very skilled in the ring and has held his own against top notch competition.

Goldberg is a wrecking ball. He might not be the flashiest wrestler ever, but he's brutal... dominant, and wouldn't even let Scorpio get a move in before a Spear and Jackhammer in under a minute. Not taking anything away from Flash Scorpio Funk, but Goldberg fed off of midcard wrestlers during his streak. And will finish off Scorpio in under a minute.

Scorpio does deserve more votes though.

Too Cold Scorpio was brilliant in his day.

And then there is Goldberg. A man who could take the roof off an arena by just walking to the ring, a guy who burst through fire and smoke on the rampway and looked legitimately unstoppable, a man who could jackhammer the Giant and break you in half with a spear, all inside 2 minutes.

Scorpio would have been just another victim of the streak, and has nothing to cope with the explosive power of Bill Goldberg. I expect a Gorilla Press into a Slam, a Spear and a Jackhammer for the easy win for Big Bill.

Goldberg to advance...who's next?!

Goldberg wins this in squash fashion.

There will probably be a big spot with the Spear. Maybe Scorpio jumps off the top rope and gets Speared in mid-air or something similar to that. Then, BOOM, he gets held in the air for about 15 seconds and driven down hard with a Jackhammer.

That is all there is to it. Scorpio definitely would have been a minute long match for Goldberg back in WCW and there seems to be no reason for that to have changed.

Goldberg, in one of the biggest dominations to take place in the first round.

Got to go with Goldberg. Scorpio has some great moves and has had great matches against the likes of Chris Benoit & Sabu, but I have a feeling that if Scorpio had been in WCW while Goldberg's streak was going on he would have go squashed without a doubt. Goldberg was WCW's only homegrown talent that actually made it and is probably the only thing that kept WCW alive once the NWO got boring with having 10,000 members in the group.

Too late for my vote to count on this one, but I would have selected Goldberg. Simply put, too big and powerful, too much momentum in his heyday, and too high impact for 2CS to deal with. In his prime, Goldberg simply ran over and overpowered everyone who stood in his way, and his guy would be no exception.

Goldberg in a quick and decisive squash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back